Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So 3 packs having Eco Living elements wasn't enough aye?

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I wonder if the town cleanup is a one-time thing like in IL or if you have to keep up certain standards to keep it clean. It would be interesting if it requires frequent upkeep or it will tumble back into blight.

People are speculating it is an ongoing thing - that if you quit being environmental the town will slowly revert to dirty, and it can get worse and worse from the starting point until you're basically breathing in New Dehli.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think this is going to be one of my all time fav packs. Right now Island Living is my favourite and it looks like it has elements similar to it. I can't wait!!! I thought I was going to like it but not care TOO much but after hearing more and seeing the trailer I'm SUPER excited for this one. Torn whether to get it full price or wait for a bundle just because I really need to save some money haha. I COULD bundle it now, but it'd mean having to buy vampires which I don't want haha! I was hoping to wait until the next game pack release.
    I don't think people would have reacted so badly if it wasn't for the fact that people have been waiting months for a new pack
    and the fact that its really only for people who really like that kind of stuff

I mean, aren't ALL packs only for people that really like that stuff? Vampires are only for people that like vampires? City Living is for people who like City themes? Kids stuff is for people that enjoy playing with kids?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    I mean, aren't ALL packs only for people that really like that stuff? Vampires are only for people that like vampires? City Living is for people who like City themes? Kids stuff is for people that enjoy playing with kids?
    Everything has its audiences, but eco living is much more niche in its audience. Plus, Vampires and KRS are Game and Stuff Packs, respectively. They took up less resources and time, and are less "essential" to the game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think people would have reacted so badly if it wasn't for the fact that people have been waiting months for a new pack

ea said that eps are supposed to cover a lot of interest and game packs are for deeper game play on one theme @SimAlexandria
    like IL had mermaids and beaches and boats and odd jobs and part time jobs the eco thing was just a part of it this is all eco
    I think the drink making looks fun but I'm sure it will be eco as well some how @SimAlexandria
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Don't forget strangerville. While not eco friendly per say, it was about cleaning up a town and saving it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

I like that there's more of a down-and-out vibe to Eco Lifestyle, like Strangerville had. I like more stuff for normal sims to get into.
    Seriously. City Living was such a rich people pack too. Getting bored of them. It is like people have had rich people packs for 5 years now, isn't that enough?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

ea said that eps are supposed to cover a lot of interest and game packs are for deeper game play on one theme @SimAlexandria
    like IL had mermaids and beaches and boats and odd jobs and part time jobs the eco thing was just a part of it this is all eco
    I think the drink making looks fun but I'm sure it will be eco as well some how @SimAlexandria

A lot of interest yes, but they still are themed and only for people that would like those themes. IL is my fav pack (though I don't play mermaids I love the rest) but if someone has no interest in anything to do with the beach, I doubt they'd enjoy it. And Get Famous doesn't really have much if you don't want fame/celebrities... Both packs are great IF you are interested in the theme, but not if you aren't...

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

Maybe it's time to think about rebel, punk, neglected outfits, riots (like SimCity) and insecurity in the streets.

Negative atmosphere in the city.
    Yes please. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Gordy wrote: »
    Everything has its audiences, but eco living is much more niche in its audience. Plus, Vampires and KRS are Game and Stuff Packs, respectively. They took up less resources and time, and are less "essential" to the game.

Those were examples. I used one from each section but if you want to stick with eps then DU is only for people interested in university life style, get famous for people interested in fame/celebrities and il for people wanting a tropical experience and I already used City Living as an example. THey are all just as much Niche as this Eco-Living pack.

A lot of interest yes, but they still are themed and only for people that would like those themes. IL is my fav pack (though I don't play mermaids I love the rest) but if someone has no interest in anything to do with the beach, I doubt they'd enjoy it. And Get Famous doesn't really have much if you don't want fame/celebrities... Both packs are great IF you are interested in the theme, but not if you aren't...

I guess thats true
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down

I just up-voted it. Brigading isn't cool.

If folks haven't noticed themes carrying across packs to stitch them together, they haven't been paying attention. It's intentional design.

In Sulani, we're really only affecting Mua Pel'am. Here, it looks like all of Evergreen Harbor is improved, using a dynamic world (which I like). But the BB / CAS assets are all new, and it looks like there is substantial game play.

I am seldom an early adopter (I made an exception for Realm of Magic because it was for me "core content", and I also jumped on Discover University pretty fast), and may well wait for a sale. But that's not a protest - it's just how I purchase: not until I am sure I want the content, and initial bugs have been patched.

I hope you like the pack then because if you don't then you shouldn't give it an up vote
    its better for people to down vote the trailer if they don't like it then to just complain about it
    and its best to wait to buy the pack if they don't really like it so that the company knows what people really like
    @Sindocat

What's best is to just not buy the pack if you don't like it. How simple is that?
    edited May 2020
    I was just making a suggestion I meant no harm to anyone sorry if it came off that why @simgirl1010
    it was the voting in the pack that gave me the idea that is what the buttons are for saying that you like or dislike something
    I was just making a suggestion I meant no harm to anyone sorry if it came off that why @simgirl1010
    it was the voting in the pack that gave me the idea that is what the buttons are for saying that you like or dislike something

I don't think it was harmful but buying a pack you don't really like won't send a message that you dislike it.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2020

I don't think it was harmful but buying a pack you don't really like won't send a message that you dislike it.

Telemetry tells what features are popular or not.
    edited May 2020

I know that there are some people who aren't crazy about the pack but I'm sure they like a few things
    right
    I know I've seen a lot of people say they feel bad when people say don't like it don't buy it
    if they wait they can still make a point just not as strong a point
    that goes for the people who like the pack as well if they want the pack to do really well preorders and early buying
    is important I heard the first two weeks are the ones that count most although maybe I misunderstood
    anyway I just think thats nicer then bumming people out who are looking forward to it
    I had no idea that anyone would be upset by bringing it up
    you are right though not buying at all always sends the message best
    I'm still going to buy it but on sell I think @simgirl1010
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    momboqueen wrote: »
    so they came out with a globilist climate change pack? must be made in california lol

Yep. On all counts. It's supposed to be set in a coastal place, so maybe we get Frisco? Saw the video and it comes across as PC propaganda. I'm all in favor of living in an environmentally responsible manner, even do it, but this is just using a 'game' as a tool for indoctrination. Not to mention not being new at all.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member

People are reacting so badly because they're comparing it to a fake farming pack leak that appeared only one day ago. It's like getting lobster waved in front of you, then being given pizza for dinner; it still tastes good, but it's not lobster.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    In the old days an expansion pack impacted the entire game, that's why they were called 'expansion' packs, they enlarged the game overall. This one, like so many others, is focused on one world from what I've read in EA's descriptions & seen in the video. It may be a world and activity in that world adding pack, but not an expansion in the true sense.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Some game changer called it gentrification and I couldn’t have put it any better. Definitely fits that bill.
    In the old days an expansion pack impacted the entire game, that's why they were called 'expansion' packs, they enlarged the game overall. This one, like so many others, is focused on one world from what I've read in EA's descriptions & seen in the video. It may be a world and activity in that world adding pack, but not an expansion in the true sense.

We haven't seen everything yet. ;)
    edited May 2020

We haven't seen everything yet. ;)

thats true and who knows maybe we will be surprised
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down
    and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line
    https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE

I think this is the most disliked trailer for them is it not?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Laundry Day - exists to make maintaining hygiene harder. YEARS old.
    Island Living - Beach parties. Mermaids. LITTER PICKING. The introduction of the Off The Grid trait for people who want to play in wilderness settings, which was a fairly common request.
    Tiny Living - Encourages cheap starter homes and tiny-home competitions. Includes a Murphy bed, IT'S AN F-ING STUFF PACK.

To say you think these three packs - even added together - satisfy your hippy-needs is like saying the Gardening update makes for a good Farming pack.

Dude there wasn't really any beach parties.You forgot about the conversation career in the pack ?

No matter how small they still all had elements for living eco friendly. This EP could have easily been a Farming pack with some of the eco elements it currently has like windmills, solar panels, and candle making. But no they decided to give us a trash world to clean. Lol.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

People are reacting so badly because they're comparing it to a fake farming pack leak that appeared only one day ago. It's like getting lobster waved in front of you, then being given pizza for dinner; it still tastes good, but it's not lobster.
    I was not excited about the leaked farm pack at all so maybe people don't like this pack because its another mini game played in only one of world and in this case just a horrible theme. I really wonder the number of people who played Strangerville story more than once this is just the same.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top