Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So 3 packs having Eco Living elements wasn't enough aye?

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down
    and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line
    https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE

That how I feel.Even you like it do not buy at full price.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think people are judging the pack to harshly. Just because Island Living and Laundry day had Eco-friendly elements does not mean that Eco Lifestyle is copying them. In fact, I think that Eco Lifestyle is coming because Laundry Day was so well received by the community, even if it wasn't by everybody.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think anyone who dislikes the pack should dislike it on youtube give it a thumbs down
    and unless you really love this pack don't buy the pack for at least two weeks after it comes out that way it will still hurt there bottom line
    https://youtu.be/Q2ce9VSNsjE

That how I feel.Even you like it do not buy at full price.

Keep in mind EP09 + SP17 + GP09 = Build-A-Bundle !
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

I just up-voted it. Brigading isn't cool.

If folks haven't noticed themes carrying across packs to stitch them together, they haven't been paying attention. It's intentional design.

In Sulani, we're really only affecting Mua Pel'am. Here, it looks like all of Evergreen Harbor is improved, using a dynamic world (which I like). But the BB / CAS assets are all new, and it looks like there is substantial game play.

I am seldom an early adopter (I made an exception for Realm of Magic because it was for me "core content", and I also jumped on Discover University pretty fast), and may well wait for a sale. But that's not a protest - it's just how I purchase: not until I am sure I want the content, and initial bugs have been patched.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Brigading can be bad, but it's also done a lot of good because it allows our voices to be heard. For example, Bethesda was looking into paid mods, which lead to people making tons of shoddy mods to get some quick cash. Mass-downvoting the protesting lead Bethesda to back off on the idea and undo the damage they caused.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited May 2020

It already beats Moschino Stuff trailer for both Likes/Dislikes :p

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

It already beats Moschino Stuff trailer for both Likes/Dislikes :p
    LOL yeah still my least favorite pack for this iteration.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think people are judging the pack to harshly. Just because Island Living and Laundry day had Eco-friendly elements does not mean that Eco Lifestyle is copying them. In fact, I think that Eco Lifestyle is coming because Laundry Day was so well received by the community, even if it wasn't by everybody.

and Literary, The What did it recycled? They Expanded the Concept not recycling it. Its like saying that Dine Out and Cats and Dogs recycled content from Get To Work because they both feature an owning a business feature, even do they have to recreate and re adjust the system for the new content.
    edited May 2020
    Outside USA, people love eco-friendly content. I remind you the Climate Strikes and Greta Thunberg !
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Outside USA, people love eco-friendly content. I remind you the Climate Strikes and Greta Thunberg !
    California and Oregon does too, but yes the Sims 4 does have Simmers from all around the world and I think people forget that a lot of times. I grew up with learning about it. I think Geology was one of my favorite science classes in college and my preschool was at a Natural History Museum, so something I have been education in since childhood. So I giggle that it being called a hippie pack, since a lot of farmers are eco-friendly too that grow a lot of the produce for the country and ship them to grocery stores.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Brigading can be bad, but it's also done a lot of good because it allows our voices to be heard. For example, Bethesda was looking into paid mods, which lead to people making tons of shoddy mods to get some quick cash. Mass-downvoting the protesting lead Bethesda to back off on the idea and undo the damage they caused.
    All @comicsforlife said was to dislike the video if you dislike the content/pack, which is what the dislike button is for. Brigading is different.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

If folks haven't noticed themes carrying across packs to stitch them together, they haven't been paying attention. It's intentional design.

In Sulani, we're really only affecting Mua Pel'am. Here, it looks like all of Evergreen Harbor is improved, using a dynamic world (which I like). But the BB / CAS assets are all new, and it looks like there is substantial game play.

I am seldom an early adopter (I made an exception for Realm of Magic because it was for me "core content", and I also jumped on Discover University pretty fast), and may well wait for a sale. But that's not a protest - it's just how I purchase: not until I am sure I want the content, and initial bugs have been patched.

I hope you like the pack then because if you don't then you shouldn't give it an up vote
    its better for people to down vote the trailer if they don't like it then to just complain about it
    and its best to wait to buy the pack if they don't really like it so that the company knows what people really like
    @Sindocat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

I like that there's more of a down-and-out vibe to Eco Lifestyle, like Strangerville had. I like more stuff for normal sims to get into.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2020
    I wouldn't have upvoted a video that didn't excite and inspire me. I do like this pack. I am not the one telling people to go brigade a video for a pack we have known about for 2 days.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    Don't @ me.

I wouldn't have upvoted a video that didn't excite and inspire me. I do like this pack. I am not the one telling people to go brigade a video for a pack we have known about for 2 days.

Back off.

Everyone has a right to criticize this pack.The person never said to bridge They said for those who did not like it.To dislike it.Thats it.Its to tell Ea , and let Ea what we don't want .
  • singularuniversesingularuniverse Posts: 29 Member
    I mean, you can see where they're coming from. The whole 'lead an eco-friendly lifestyle' has been really prominent across the news in the last few years, and there have been a lot of complaints lately about how the Sims is too childish - this is the chance for gameplay to engage an older audience whilst still promoting a very important message. Plus, eco-friendly is a monumental theme. Just because it was touched on in a couple of other smaller packs doesn't mean they're recycling content. That's like getting a green couch in one pack and then getting angry that there's a green couch in another one.

And in the end if you don't like it, just ignore it.
    edited May 2020
    @Sindocat

Don't worry, everybody is different and the world is huge.
    Only the sales will tell if The Sims Studio did a good choice or not, no matter what people say on the forum.

The majority of the players never visit the forum. The silent majority is always the most powerful at the end.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Laundry Day - exists to make maintaining hygiene harder - but to be fair, also more realistic. A community pack that is YEARS old.
    Island Living - Beach parties. Mermaids. LITTER PICKING. The introduction of the Off The Grid trait for people who want to play in wilderness settings, which was a fairly common request.
    Tiny Living - Encourages cheap starter homes and tiny-home competitions. Includes a Murphy bed, IT'S AN F-ING STUFF PACK.

To say you think these three packs - even added together - satisfy your hippy-needs is like saying the Gardening update makes for a good Farming pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    I plane on getting the pack when its on sell as I think its more fun at game pack price
    Loanet wrote: »
    Laundry Day - exists to make maintaining hygiene harder. YEARS old.
    Island Living - Beach parties. Mermaids. LITTER PICKING. The introduction of the Off The Grid trait for people who want to play in wilderness settings, which was a fairly common request.
    Tiny Living - Encourages cheap starter homes and tiny-home competitions. Includes a Murphy bed, IT'S AN F-ING STUFF PACK.

To say you think these three packs - even added together - satisfy your hippy-needs is like saying the Gardening update makes for a good Farming pack.

Dude there wasn't really any beach parties.You forgot about the conversation career in the pack ?
    edited May 2020
    peragogo wrote: »
    If this is "enough" for eco-friendly packs, then I think we've had "enough" packs for rich people. Moschino, Get Famous, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party.

Maybe it's time to think about rebel, punk, neglected outfits, riots (like SimCity) and insecurity in the streets.

Negative atmosphere in the city.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I wonder if the town cleanup is a one-time thing like in IL or if you have to keep up certain standards to keep it clean. It would be interesting if it requires frequent upkeep or it will tumble back into blight.
    I don't think people would have reacted so badly if it wasn't for the fact that people have been waiting months for a new pack
    and the fact that its really only for people who really like that kind of stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top