Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• dogscats45dogscats45 Posts: 2 New Member
    So no overhaul on babies, kids, or teens? Why this is annoying good guy why? Very annoyed anyone else?
  • dogscats45dogscats45 Posts: 2 New Member
    *Good god
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that the guy has what looks like big lobe earrings?

Annotation%202020-05-06%20181849.png?dl=0

I have to say I don't like them irl, they make my feel queasy.

Lol when I saw those in the trailer, my first thought was "oh great, every single random townie is gonna walk around with gauges. Gauges and an eyeball ring." :D

amusingly enough, there are several people like that in the small town where I live lol so that would make me feel right at home in the game (usually I don't notice the ring enough to bother me)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    No wonder why the theme song, "We Don't Need Another Hero" from the movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome popped into my mind.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I just.. I reeeeeally wish those worms were something else... anything else.

Like, food?

Or caterpillars that turn into beautiful butterflies.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I like the candle making and crafting aspects and some of the BB and CAS looks pretty cool, too. Not my favorite idea ever for a pack but I'll still be buying, it looks like there's enough in it for me to enjoy.
  • kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    I see a lot of negative comments about this one! I came out of hibernation to react.

I'd like to see more of the new "world" or neighborhood - but I think it will be nice to have a seedy looking neighborhood actually. I imagine you can progress the cleanup as much or as little as you would like?

I AM very, very excited to see candle making. And I'm also seeing chinese food boxes =) haha

• MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    In a perfect world I would have been ok with this being an expansion if it came right after Seasons. I think Island Living could have cut out all the eco stuff and just focused on the "under the sea" aspect more. The "ocean" was a unique aspect that the devs skipped out on developing fully.
    I am actually really HAPPY with this pack.
    I love the FILTH!!! Finally a world for all the college drop outs that have more to show for than a piece of paper. Take that, Institution! :p
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    TBH, it's not that bad. It's totally depends on how each & everyone enjoy playing with their game.

It seems interesting. I do enjoy having a gameplay that could affect the community instead of only the Sims on one particular household or towards the relationships between townies & other Sims only. Although, we have to agree that there's more that need to be done to make our Sims as an individual to be more interesting & unique, like the personality overhaul in general.

It's also pretty interesting to learn that the Sims can actually shares their ideology & rally the community. It makes the game more dynamic. I wonder if this is only exclusive at the Evergreen Harbour only? Can we bring the Neighbourhood Action Plan elsewhere? How about the Politician career, would they be able to choose the eco-living cause? Can we build the market elsewhere too? Is it one of the lot type? Personally, I have a lot of questions that I would like to ask.

Anywho, I can't wait to see the gameplay trailer. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    Honestly, I like the theme of this EP, especially the all community gameplay. I love to get involved with the neighbors and the neighborhood. I hope it's more complex then Sulani and Strangville.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Pre-ordered and eagerly awaiting release =)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Well they weren't wrong, this IS something the Sims haven't done before....
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    My unpopular opinion is I'm really looking forward to playing with this. I know it's not Generations which I desperately want, I know it's not farming but think how good farming could be with this content in it! (Not so bothered about farming tbh) But I really, really like what I've seen. It's like the Sim Guru's came to the UK, saw the cities and thought y'know that's the kind of slum I want to build! And it's great! I like the idea of playing both in the smog and doing nothing to sort it out and also sorting it out. I saw so much in that little snippet that I really wanted to have a go at and being as I voted for Eco Living instead of Laundry day I'm really pleased to hear that our votes were listened to. Sorry, but I like it and yes I will be buying it on the 5th faster than you can hack up a lung in Evergreen Harbour. But that said, I also hope to see basegame improvements, such as better interactions, newer interactions, better family relationships smuggled into updates because they should have been there from the start or at least improved throughout the packs. that said I'd also like to see worm racing as a family activity because well, why not if we have a compost heap coming. Sorry again but this pack really ticks all of the boxes for me, (I usually play creative, hippy sims) whereas DU really did not. And even though someone in the forums said it's aimed at kids and teens who care about the environment....I'm neither, I'm the other end of the spectrum and it really makes my day that someone somewhere has got the message me and my hippy mates were banging on about decades ago. Okay off the environmentally friendly soapbox....like I said, it's an unpopular opinion, but YES!!!!!!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Nevervmind. The buy stuff is actually pretty dope!

EL3.png

Why didn't they show this in the trailer??? I think they also didn't show that there's soda making?

ohhh soda making is interesting...still not seeing 40 bucks though
    Is that a chick in a Bee Box? Has a bee box been repurposed as a chicken coop?

I am not sure what that was?? I dont know if it is a chicken...I thought it looked like a worm. If we cannot tell what it is, then the graphics need to be fixed.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Honestly? This is a disgrace. I wanted Farm life but I was kind of exciting about an eco living pack because it could easily include Farm life in it. But this? This is a sad rip off of IL.

Guys.

IL's gameplay was terrible. The worst in a pack. But at least, the world was beautiful.

This new world? It looks hideous.

I don't care about changing the world. I don't care for ugly containers. I don't care about using my voice. I don't care about "making a difference".

I want a cute world full of cute cottages to watch my plants grow and thrive. I want a gameplay that can be used in other worlds to create loads of different stories. I didn't buy Strangerville because I don't care for forced storylines packs. The Sims has always been about imagination and giving tools to create personal stories to players.

What's the story here? Take off the trash?

No thank you.

Shame on you EA/Maxis. This isn't exciting new packs. This is just recycling old stuff. Stuff that were poorly received...

No offense but why do you need a pack for something you can already do? I could go in and build you a cottage and give you some plants and a greenhouse and bam, there you go.

This has a lot more new game play than a watching plants grow EP.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I honestly don't like how much of The Sims 4 is relying on scripted worlds. It seems like a lot of packs are now "buy this world, it looks like X, but if you do enough Z, it will look like Y". It means that if you're not playing on the new world, you'll be missing a lot of features, as a lot of features are integrated into the new world.

Now if you DO want to use the new world, but not do Z, it seems that you'll be stuck with permanently coughing sims swimming in a sea of yellow-greenish smog, which also doesn't feel fun.

To me this seems like a good SP idea. Not an EP.
    Expansion Pack at 50% off on sale, is just about the same price as Game Pack at $5 off. So what's the diff?

The argument of "this is a good pack if you can get it at 50% off" does not seem like a good pro-pack argument to me.

EEP hope there is a mod to stop sims from coughing
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited May 2020
    xamira99 wrote: »
    TBH, it's not that bad. It's totally depends on how each & everyone enjoy playing with their game.

It seems interesting. I do enjoy having a gameplay that could affect the community instead of only the Sims on one particular household or towards the relationships between townies & other Sims only. Although, we have to agree that there's more that need to be done to make our Sims as an individual to be more interesting & unique, like the personality overhaul in general.

It's also pretty interesting to learn that the Sims can actually shares their ideology & rally the community. It makes the game more dynamic. I wonder if this is only exclusive at the Evergreen Harbour only? Can we bring the Neighbourhood Action Plan elsewhere? How about the Politician career, would they be able to choose the eco-living cause? Can we build the market elsewhere too? Is it one of the lot type? Personally, I have a lot of questions that I would like to ask.

Anywho, I can't wait to see the gameplay trailer. :D

This. This is exactly what I was thinking too. I'd love to see these options open up in other worlds.

Unpopular opinion here, but....Everyone has their own personal tastes, but honestly, complaining about it isn't going to fix anything. Every game expansion, game pack, and stuff pack adds at least a little bit of value to the game. I've kept my expectations low with most expansions and packs in general, and I've never been disappointed. Of course, there can always be improvements, but I appreciate everything the game devs are doing. I'm also a storyteller Simmer and this expansion has storytelling written all over it! I, for one, think this won't be as bad as the naysayers think.

Edit: Also, really excited about the idea of a Makerspace and making candles and all sorts of other things. And I'm keeping an open mind about gameplay.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    The bug hotel is really nice. This would have been a good solid pack if it wasn’t already in Island Living.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Is that a chick in a Bee Box? Has a bee box been repurposed as a chicken coop?

I am not sure what that was?? I dont know if it is a chicken...I thought it looked like a worm. If we cannot tell what it is, then the graphics need to be fixed.

You're not alone. A lot of Simmers thought that it was a chicken. Apparently, it is an unidentified "animal". It could be a worm or even a caterpillar. I really hope that the Sims Guru could enlighten us. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I seem to recall this really excellent survey not to long ago, it asked a ton of great questions, which led me to believe the Sims team finally got us, and that soon we would see changes to our game like improvements to shallow personalities and shallow relationships, and other cool stuff. Based on that survey, I really expected alot from our next EP, but instead we get this... Another lifeless GP incorrectly labeled as a EP? From what I can see so far it is neither exciting or game changing. Unless they will be patching in massive changes to the current boring personality system I just can't...

Call me when it goes on sale for $14.99, because I don't see a reason to pay full price for this one.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is I'm really looking forward to playing with this. I know it's not Generations which I desperately want, I know it's not farming but think how good farming could be with this content in it! (Not so bothered about farming tbh) But I really, really like what I've seen. It's like the Sim Guru's came to the UK, saw the cities and thought y'know that's the kind of slum I want to build! And it's great! I like the idea of playing both in the smog and doing nothing to sort it out and also sorting it out. I saw so much in that little snippet that I really wanted to have a go at and being as I voted for Eco Living instead of Laundry day I'm really pleased to hear that our votes were listened to. Sorry, but I like it and yes I will be buying it on the 5th faster than you can hack up a lung in Evergreen Harbour. But that said, I also hope to see basegame improvements, such as better interactions, newer interactions, better family relationships smuggled into updates because they should have been there from the start or at least improved throughout the packs. that said I'd also like to see worm racing as a family activity because well, why not if we have a compost heap coming. Sorry again but this pack really ticks all of the boxes for me, (I usually play creative, hippy sims) whereas DU really did not. And even though someone in the forums said it's aimed at kids and teens who care about the environment....I'm neither, I'm the other end of the spectrum and it really makes my day that someone somewhere has got the message me and my hippy mates were banging on about decades ago. Okay off the environmentally friendly soapbox....like I said, it's an unpopular opinion, but YES!!!!!!

Well, having a popular opinion on this forum is not at all important, but having fun with the game is :) I couldn't care less that some choose to wallow in misery and view any new content as a personal insult.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    @SquirrelTail15
    Okaaaaay. I'm a fan. But it doesn't look as good as I thought it would... maybe I'll wait for a sale. Seems to have lit the same idea as the Island Living pack, but then again I'm a Stardew Valley fan so it just might be fun. We'll see. Would have definitely preferred a farming pack, but I don't reckon we'll ever get that after this.
    This is exactly what makes me want to curl up in a little ball and cry endlessly. I just see no way of farming coming to the sims 4 anymore.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Ladders and candlemaking :o - yay! Well, guys, I'm not gonna spell any doom here. I'm really excited about this pack and you know what? I don't care what sort of pack, as long it's a pack! It's new content, it's cheap, and it's for my favorite game - and for that I'm grateful, 'cause life has taught me to be =) Every effort put into breathing more life into this game just makes me happy. It's a bit like Christmas, and yeah, you may not get everything on your wishlist, if you even made one, but you're pretty darn happy someone still gave you something. And this pack looks good and fun to me <3

You know, it's as though it has become a trend on these forums to be negative about everything and if you're not participating, you're an absolute drag, naive and whatnot. What a shame. I'm glad there's a different world out there who loves this game and gets a voice on the polls. And buys the new content and thereby keeps the wheels rolling. Just because someone is vocal about something here, doesn't mean they are in the right or speak for a majority of people.

Cheers and happy simming!
    Is it though?

Uhmmm... People who voice their criticism also happen to love The Sims, and want it to be brought to it's full potential, it could be different to how you see it, but if they didn't care for the game they wouldn't stick around and hope it's made better.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    edited May 2020
    I changed my mind after watching the trailer and reading more about it. This is actually quite exciting to me, some of this stuff reminds me a little bit of The Sims 2 FreeTime and The Sims 3 Ambitions with Twinbrook and Into The Future with the polluted city. To be honest I’m more excited about what new content they come up with now that the fan favorite packs are out already.

And yes, I get that people are still complaining about Farming and Cars but I like this one for now!