Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It would make for a cool post apocolyptic storyline

Like Strangerville? 🤔
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    This means Happy Haunts WILL be an EP and not an SP, though, right? 'Cause that would be great news.

I would love an occult/super natural expansion pack, but I can already hear the people on here complaining about it :') 'no one wants this!', 'I never play occult!', 'there's already enough occults!'
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I hope they put an option in the menu to have a choice between a regular world, beautiful world or a destructive world in the base game so that it can work for Strangerville, Sulani & the new Eco world.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Check out the full description on the Sims 4 website.

This might be one of those packs that actually have better game play than trailer shows.

Yeah, not everyone is a fan of the clothes, but I really like them and if Sims actually make them/ refurbish them, then the way the clothes look make sense. There is another picture render where there looks to be a YA, child, and a toddler and I really like how their clothes look on them. Maybe the less appealing clothes that are real patchy has to do with the skill of making them and they look better as they get better with the skill.
  • Sharebear67Sharebear67 Posts: 26 Member
    The pack looks okay. I will give it a chance. However, it does look like it could be a scripted world. If so, then those are my go to games when I'm bored and want a challenge. I will wait a few days and see if they post a stream for it. Then I will decide if I want to preorder it.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Yawn.
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    Am I the only one over the moon about the dumpsters? I had made a post March 11.
    -(@Insert fellow simmer) You mentioned garbage collectors as a job, but they don't even have decorative dumpsters for businesses & restaurants. I want dumpsters SOOOOO bad. I'd never imagined craving dumpsters in later versions of the sims.
    Do you see what the franchise is doing to me? To US?!

Yay, Dumpsterrrrrrrrrrs!
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love the grungy world, but I don't really see anything gameplay wise to like about this pack yet.
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Ugh, I agree so much with all these opinions about how repetitive this content feels. It really feels like re-hashed concepts from previous releases. And so disappointed that this is designed as an expansion pack.
  • chons95chons95 Posts: 51 Member
    I don't want to speculate much because I don't want to get my hopes up BUT this could be cool if there is a bad extreme, like the ability to really f*** up the world. Businesses shutting down, NPCs leaving their homes because they can't live there anymore, not being able to put a new household there only the original one that got like a polluted trait which would also take effect in a polluted free world in which they don't feel comfortable or can't do many physical activities because the air is too fresh. There should be like an economic incentive to go either way, being no eco friendly could bring more industries to the world (eventually shutting down as I said because people can't live there) and starting to be eco friendly should be hard but when you get to the other side other things may get better other than the quality of living there.

I don't think this will happen but it would be cool to see a difference not just in the environment but in population and all that. It could also incentivise to play with different generations, one starts with keeping things kind of neutral, the next one get greedy and all goes to s*** and the one after that tries to take it all back, on whatever order.
  • janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    Like a couple of other people have said, I'll play it in post-apocalyptic mode. There should be some good stuff in the debug menu to build the Mad Max/Blade Runner world of my dreams. (With a bit of added CC...probably.) :)
    Spiral staircases please!
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love it! Looking forward to ordering and playing! Thank you so much!!
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    I just.. I reeeeeally wish those worms were something else... anything else.

Like, food?
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    chons95 wrote: »
    I don't want to speculate much because I don't want to get my hopes up BUT this could be cool if there is a bad extreme, like the ability to really f*** up the world. Businesses shutting down, NPCs leaving their homes because they can't live there anymore, not being able to put a new household there only the original one that got like a polluted trait which would also take effect in a polluted free world in which they don't feel comfortable or can't do many physical activities because the air is too fresh. There should be like an economic incentive to go either way, being no eco friendly could bring more industries to the world (eventually shutting down as I said because people can't live there) and starting to be eco friendly should be hard but when you get to the other side other things may get better other than the quality of living there.

I don't think this will happen but it would be cool to see a difference not just in the environment but in population and all that. It could also incentivise to play with different generations, one starts with keeping things kind of neutral, the next one get greedy and all goes to s*** and the one after that tries to take it all back, on whatever order.

This would be a really fun twist to it. Depending on how it's all set up, we could still do something similar to this but on a smaller scale.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    Honestly? This is a disgrace. I wanted Farm life but I was kind of exciting about an eco living pack because it could easily include Farm life in it. But this? This is a sad rip off of IL.

Guys.

IL's gameplay was terrible. The worst in a pack. But at least, the world was beautiful.

This new world? It looks hideous.

I don't care about changing the world. I don't care for ugly containers. I don't care about using my voice. I don't care about "making a difference".

I want a cute world full of cute cottages to watch my plants grow and thrive. I want a gameplay that can be used in other worlds to create loads of different stories. I didn't buy Strangerville because I don't care for forced storylines packs. The Sims has always been about imagination and giving tools to create personal stories to players.

What's the story here? Take off the trash?

No thank you.

Shame on you EA/Maxis. This isn't exciting new packs. This is just recycling old stuff. Stuff that were poorly received...
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    A number of things about this pack are really intriguing: I am looking forward in particular to the Freelance Crafter Career, where you can find ingredients in the trash and repurpose them, or refurbish objects (hopefully with a new skill or an improved handiness skill). With the suggestion of making clothes, I wonder if that means that they will be unlockable rather than freely available in CAS, kind of like the knitting stuff pack's clothing are going to be. It's exciting that there are new craftables including candle-making and fizzy juice drinks and maybe more? What do they mean by upcycling, I wonder? I can't imagine what sorts of objects will be the result of that technique.

There also seemed to be an open-air market with new and different stalls, which looked very nice. I have my sims selling stuff at the Flea Market all the time, so if there is a new venue for selling things, I will like it. There is also the Civil Designer career which I expect will be one of those semi-Active careers like the Conservation career in Island Living; it seems to have some nice new technical objects that come with it, including an inventing machine, a tablet and some kind of air purifier. I had a good look at the screenshots too and I noticed there was a cardboard dollhouse. I sincerely hope Sims can make it themselves! I also liked the various shelves, vertical planters, new smaller planters, grass roof, new eco objects like solar panels, dew collectors and turbines. The ladders are just an added perk (and I bet they will be a basegame update as were the lounges in Island Living).

As for the complaints I have seen about the world being too dirty at the beginning, I bet it will be like Island Living and there will be a cheat that will allow you clean up the world instantaneously if you want. Personally, I like the world dirty (as others have said). I might play at least one save where I leave the world very dirty, industrial-looking and full of junk because the whole of Sims 4 is otherwise too clean and too pristine and it might be fun to have a really grungy, miserable town to play with and in which some poor, sick sims could live unhappy lives.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I watched a few of game changer YouTube videos to see if they had more info. A couple of them referenced a chat that could be seen on the far right of their screen. Does anyone know where this chat is from? Can anyone join?
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Ladders and candlemaking :o - yay! Well, guys, I'm not gonna spell any doom here. I'm really excited about this pack and you know what? I don't care what sort of pack, as long it's a pack! It's new content, it's cheap, and it's for my favorite game - and for that I'm grateful, 'cause life has taught me to be =) Every effort put into breathing more life into this game just makes me happy. It's a bit like Christmas, and yeah, you may not get everything on your wishlist, if you even made one, but you're pretty darn happy someone still gave you something. And this pack looks good and fun to me <3

You know, it's as though it has become a trend on these forums to be negative about everything and if you're not participating, you're an absolute drag, naive and whatnot. What a shame. I'm glad there's a different world out there who loves this game and gets a voice on the polls. And buys the new content and thereby keeps the wheels rolling. Just because someone is vocal about something here, doesn't mean they are in the right or speak for a majority of people.

Cheers and happy simming!

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    Why... Just why... This is basically Island Living... And the world looks so bland... Just a waste of an EP. Like, come on! A game pack - I'd understand. But this... this is just... just... and now I'm getting the feeling we'll never get a farming pack... no, no, no, please, I need farming... my sims need farming, my sims need a country world besides Windenburg... :cry: Why couldn't we just get farming :disappointed:

I have no words. No words at all.
  • kw4222kw4222 Posts: 16 Member
    Incredibly disappointed in the theme of this pack. Like many have said- it just seems like a recycled (pun intended!) use of elements already found in other packs. REALLY do not think this needed to be an expansion pack- I could've seen it as a game pack. I will be looking out for more details on features, but so far the only things I see and like are candles and the vertical garden object. Maybe the repurposing gameplay will be neat. But is it worth the price of an expansion pack? Not without a deep discount. No interest in the world, or the overall style of the pack. SOOO disappointed. After so many months of waiting, my stomach just flopped when I saw the actual trailer. I was WAY more excited when I originally heard the "country living" false leak, and I'm 1000% more excited about the knitting stuff pack than I am an expansion pack.
  • 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    Well, base TS3 has farming and fishing and Ambition has the more superficial eco-friendly trait. In lack of a proper economy, that's as good of an eco-lifestyle you'll get in the Sims.

TS4 EP has what? solar panels, magic recycling machine and portable air vent cleansing a town in second ? Sorry, I know the sims is supposed to a be a very bad drama soap opera, but that's too much green washing for me.

I guess bearing the negative efffects without caring to clear them might be somewhat interesting, but I don't know whether it's worth a full extension.

Ladders and dumpster diving? Base TS3 as well.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    All I saw was a lot of reused animations and already explored themes ఠ ͟ಠ
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Looks like the same empty gameplay that happened with Island Living. So this looks like another EP that is not worth the full price at launch. Will have to see actual gameplay videos to access how much it is worth.