Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Teaser is out but it's a gif

Comments

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm guessing Evergreen Harbor is going to be more Seattle west coast style vs Brindleton Bay being New England style.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'll wait for tomorrow to get a better idea. While i do like the eco theme, the description seems so vague (is this description official?)...

If this pack doesn't come with horses and/or nectar making and/or farm animals it may be our last chance to get this on sims 4 running away in front of us...
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm guessing Evergreen Harbor is going to be more Seattle west coast style vs Brindleton Bay being New England style.

The town actually reminds me of Colorado.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I was thinking that too and I’m from France, yet I thought “Colorado! ”. The mountains I guess.

Also the name makes me think it might not be a mountain town (harbor) but just have mountains In the background (I hope not, I want a mountain world).

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    God I hope it isn’t another American world, no offence Americans, I’d feel the same if everything was British.

What time will the trailer be UK tomorrow?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    In France it’s 5pm so 4pm for you I guess.
    EdithV wrote: »
    God I hope it isn’t another American world, no offence Americans, I’d feel the same if everything was British.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Wow The Sims really has gone green. Is that 'generation woke' as they call it? :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i want, so badly, to have a tiny house with solar panels and windmill with chickens, pigs, and cows, with a little sustainable garden of my own.

WHEN WILL I GET MY CHICKENS, PIGS, AND COWSSSSSSSSS
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    In France it’s 5pm so 4pm for you I guess.
    EdithV wrote: »

Thanks!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I can't say I'm excited about it. I may get it on sale eventually but it's not something I particularly wanted or needed.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member

watch them give me Seattle in a pack that i find meh... though if they still include horses... which i doubt from the sound of the describtion... sigh...
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i want, so badly, to have a tiny house with solar panels and windmill with chickens, pigs, and cows, with a little sustainable garden of my own.

Do you have Cats and Dogs? Because there is a mod out there, that allow you to turn your animals into pigs, lambs and cows, and to get products of them...
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I am honestly very confused and unintrigued by this concept. There is speculation that it might be an eco friendly farming pack, but it wouldn't make sense to put a farming back in a harbour world. So it probably isn't.

I'm trying to think what on earth they could put in this pack to make it anywhere near worth the price of an EP. If the world is show-stopping and massive, that could be nice, but definitely not worth EP price. To me, a futuristic city world with eco living would be absolutely amazing, but once again this is a harbour world, and the building in the background of the gif doesn't look futuristic at all. No city skape in the background, only a mountain range. Can you do nature-y activities like ski there? I didn't see snow on the mountains.

How about using crops, flowers etc to make useful eco friendly products? Fruit/veg juices, smoothies, vegan foods, preserved food in mason jars etc? Fancy herbal teas, perfumes and soaps? Will this be the perfect pack for living 100% off the grid and crafting various things for yourself instead of buying them? Maybe an update to woodworking with many new furniture crafting options and new skills such as sculpting? Solar panels and wind turbines seem a given for electricity. Recycling bin, but also maybe ability to craft things from trash? Ice cream tube planters, recycled paper origami etc?

This, of course, is unlikely, since we know how EA likes to make packs. Will the whole pack just be some conservation thing with a world that starts off with soda cans being blown around on the sidewalk and then eventually sparkles as you pick up trash with neighbours? I don't even know. I know, however, to not get my hopes up.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I’m excited about the possibility of a true eco living pack. It’d be awesome if this also has more to make “living off the grid” really possible.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I found the sims community post but wow does this sound empty so far? Wouldn’t be surprised if we got a farming GP instead of EP then.. but idk I’ve actually always wanted the eco theme to be explored just...in an EP? Really? We’ll see what tomorrow brings I guess but it sounds worrying so far 😂 ETA: wonder if we’ll at least get the chickens or the nectar making I wanted back then (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933728/would-you-buy-a-real-eco-living-gp/p1) but my guess is no.

You never know the planned community spaces could be a new lot type ( Maybe only available in this new world) and farming land could be included in the plans to set aside that could benefit a farmers market community space that could then in turn benefit a community diner/restaurant (where the restaurant can choose to get their fresh ingredients from and possibly other venues can benefit in other neighborhood worlds); which would be the reason why it would need to be an Expansion Pack, but we will see tomorrow.

I know people are disappointed that it doesn't say explicitly farming, but it doesn't mean the pack wont have any elements that people want from farming like composting, nectar collecting, canning, etc. This pack might be a Moschino in disguise. I though I would never get that pack until I saw the gameplay and additions to Photography that I absolutely love.

Oh yeah totally I actually said something similar on another thread. We'll just have to see tomorrow how it turns out. Might surprise us.

And yeah I really hope there's something like nectar making / canning in the pack. Been wanting that for years and I mean they have to add something beside wind turbines and solar panels to make this worthy of the EP title (even though it's a TS4 EP). Kinda wish they'd just combined this with farming tough but well, again, it's a TS4 EP. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    I found the sims community post but wow does this sound empty so far? Wouldn’t be surprised if we got a farming GP instead of EP then.. but idk I’ve actually always wanted the eco theme to be explored just...in an EP? Really? We’ll see what tomorrow brings I guess but it sounds worrying so far 😂 ETA: wonder if we’ll at least get the chickens or the nectar making I wanted back then (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933728/would-you-buy-a-real-eco-living-gp/p1) but my guess is no.

You never know the planned community spaces could be a new lot type ( Maybe only available in this new world) and farming land could be included in the plans to set aside that could benefit a farmers market community space that could then in turn benefit a community diner/restaurant (where the restaurant can choose to get their fresh ingredients from and possibly other venues can benefit in other neighborhood worlds); which would be the reason why it would need to be an Expansion Pack, but we will see tomorrow.

I know people are disappointed that it doesn't say explicitly farming, but it doesn't mean the pack wont have any elements that people want from farming like composting, nectar collecting, canning, etc. This pack might be a Moschino in disguise. I though I would never get that pack until I saw the gameplay and additions to Photography that I absolutely love.

Oh yeah totally I actually said something similar on another thread. We'll just have to see tomorrow how it turns out. Might surprise us.

And yeah I really hope there's something like nectar making / canning in the pack. Been wanting that for years and I mean they have to add something beside wind turbines and solar panels to make this worthy of the EP title (even though it's a TS4 EP). Kinda wish they'd just combined this with farming tough but well, again, it's a TS4 EP. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe this pack also adds some kind of world building/planning tool that you can make a new neighborhood (besides Evergreen Harbor)/it unlocks spaces for community spaces for the other neighborhoods.
  • Merricat94Merricat94 Posts: 46 Member
    I'm actually pretty interested to see what the trailer will reveal because it does have lots of potential I think? Like people have said, could be like the concept of Country Livin' but obviously ... Eco lol
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited May 2020
    cheescaeks wrote: »

Do you have Cats and Dogs? Because there is a mod out there, that allow you to turn your animals into pigs, lambs and cows, and to get products of them...

i dont like using mods, and i dont really care for the look of them cause they still look like dogs sadly.

im not allowed to get chickens here so im desperate to get some virtual chickens, they're the most important thing to me with farming/country.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It looks like Windenburg to me especially with those snow capped mountains.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

...we know what it looks like?! where?
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    also anyone managed to get some screens from the trailer as they did in ROM?

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Here, it has mountains and trees. Looks a lot like Outdoor Retreat with a forest area.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

Here, it has mountains and trees. Looks a lot like Outdoor Retreat with a forest area.

It looks like that could be a lookout as well over a valley. This pack might bring back small telescopes.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    There hasn't been enough information released yet for me to make an informed decision one way or the other, so I will wait. I am not really interested in an eco living theme, but maybe it will include more than that and maybe they will surprise me with something I think will make it worth the buy. They have so far. I haven't hated any of the packs they have released so far. The only one I felt was a rip off was MFPS and only then because I still believe it should have been included with Cats and Dogs. I prefer to remain optimistic.