The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What legacy families do you hope/expect to see return in the new EP?

I'm thinking the Montys and the Capps will probably be added in some way, either in a pack or via gallery (hopefully the former since relationships will remain intact).

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I could see them adding Sims from Veronaville, they haven't yet (unless I missed them). I personally would love to see Downtown Sims.
    I've recreated some for myself, but it would still be cool to see them from Maxis.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I could see them adding Sims from Veronaville, they haven't yet (unless I missed them). I personally would love to see Downtown Sims.
    I've recreated some for myself, but it would still be cool to see them from Maxis.

I've done that too. I've recreated most of the Gearheads from Apartment Life, and a few other unique townies. I kind of want to see the Roth family (bizzarro version of the Goths) get added in-game or via gallery sometime.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited March 2020
    We have the pleasant twins in discover university, I would like to see their parents(Mary-sue and Daniel), and their aunt(Jennifer Burb, and her family, John and Lucy Burb).
    candyboot wrote: »
    We have the pleasant twins in discover university, I would like to see their parents(Mary-sue and Daniel), and their aunt(Jennifer Burb, and her family, John and Lucy Burb).

Daniel and Mary-Sue are actually on the gallery with teen versions of the twins. In my game I downloaded the parents and moved them in with the YA versions of the twins, then aged them down to teens.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    @AedanStarfang I liked when SimGuruMorgan added legacy families to the gallery, but I'd rather have them in-game... It feels more official to me. I really hope they'll return to the roots and bring back some families from Sims 1. I want to see the mroe obscure ones and what happened to them.

Roomies (Chris, Melissa): There's a theory that they might have become supermodels after SIms 1, but there's no proof of that in any game besides a hint in a trailer. Maybe they could add them in a Fashion Career Pack with modeling and sewing. Also, I used to play them as lesbians when I was a kid... hahaha so, make that Chrislissa ship happen please.
    Mashuga (Frankie, Sylvia Marie): I loved them just as much as I loved the Newbies, they had the weirdest house, they were super campy and funny. I would love to see an older version of them with a campier teen heir.
    Valentino (Rudy, Julia); They were a really sweet couple, but there wasn't much going on with them. So, I think they are a good start to create some drama. Maybe they could be older with kids and having affairs with maids or some sims2ish storyline.
    Snooty Patooty (Chip, Buffy): Chip was a spoiled kid who inherited some money after his parents died, and Buffy couldn't be more clueless. Maybe their expensive behaviour could've led them to bankruptcy. That would be a cool storyline, with a Broke family feel to it.
    Jones (Edward, Barbara, Bobby): Again, another family that could be used in any drama/storyline. But, there are Joneses in a bunch of sims worlds, but they were never related to one another. Would be cool to see obscure characters being tied together like they did in SIms 2 tying Michael Bachelor and Bella Goth as siblings. There are Joneses in Bridgeport, Riverview, Roaring Heights and Garden Heights. According to my calculations, Bridgeport takes place 39 sim-days (5,5 sim-weeks) before Sunset Valley while Riverview takes place 18 sim-days (2,5 sim-weeks) before SV, Roaring Heights happens on the next day after Sims 1 starts and Garden Heights happens 49 sim-days (7,5 sim-weeks) after Sims 1 starts. I know Sims 4 is an alternate timeline, but following Cassandra/Alexander's ages I would place Willow Creek 23 sim-days after Sims 1 starts (2,5 weeks).
    Maximus (Mahuizoh "Jimmy", Princess Zaghawa) Mahuizoh was a high-level criminal, while Zaghawa was a celebrity. Maybe she could be a musician/performer if we get a "Showtime" type of pack.
    Hatfield (Ulysses T., Ruby Ann, Hank, Elizabeth Elvira, Billy, Unborn Baby): There are theories that Ruby Ann is actually Skip Broke's sister Ruby from Riverview. I would love to see the Hatfields tied to the Broke/Newbie family.
    Kat (Ginia, Tara): Sims 2 says that Tara is Ginia daughter. I would love to see the two alive at the same time. Maybe taking care of some animals on a farming pack?
    Hick (Mama, Elden): Mama has the same name Don Lothario's grandmother, and according to my calculations, his grandmother would be alive in Sims 1 just like Mama Hick. Make them the same character, and Elden Don's half-uncle. Sims 1 says that Mama used to be a famous Miss Simcity, maybe we could see them on a "Showtime" type of pack where Elden would've been influenced by his mother to become famous too.
    Charming (Claire): Tell me... Of anyone who played SIms 1, who never loved Claire Charming?! I really don't understand why the deves never showed her some love!.
    @Karon ooh I remember reading about the original roomies house from sims 1. Did Maxis make official TS4 versions of them but have not released them?

I know they're not official, but there's a good Hick family on the gallery. I've downloaded them and made them over and added their three dogs.
    @AedanStarfang no, they never remade any of those sims. Even Michael Bachelor was left out of the SIms 4 party. ANd, thanks for the tip on the Hick family, I actually rebuilt the Sims 1 in a save file, houses and families, but I'd rather have official versions of them in-game, you know?! Till then, I'll be playing the ones I made.
    @Karon Yea I know what you mean. Like I want the sims that have been shown in all of the previous promotional trailers & renders to be added, and SimCreator050 (not a Guru that I know of) has recreated a few, but I have petty OCD about not using 'official' sims otherwise I just make my own.
    @AedanStarfang I know SimCreator050, but as far as I know they are only fans like us. And, yeah, I know how you feel about not using "official" sims. I think SImGuruMorgan is the one that creates and uploads families to the Maxis official page on the gallery, I sent some messages to her asking for those older promotional sims, but she has never seen it. @SimGuruMorgan We want those sims please, and Morcubus, and the Arrival Trailer household too.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    The Bachelor family. I played them in Sims 3.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd love to see the Burbs back. THey were one of my favorite families to play in TS2.
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    More Altos
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Also the Capps and Montys
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Gunther Goth. My fav sim in Sims 3.