Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disabling interactions from objects

How could i disable a interaction from a determined object?

Comments

• AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    To disable interactions on an object you need to edit the tuning that the object uses.
    If you are using Sims4Studio to make your project then the tuning that an object is using can be found in the Object Definition entry in the Warehouse tab.
    Once you have the name of the tuning that your object is using, you should extract it by using the Tools> Extract Tuning option in S4S.
    Once you have found your tuning in the new window, select the option to add it to your existing package. You can then close this window and should find the tuning at the very bottom of the resource list in the Warehouse tab.
    Click on the tuning to make it appear in the right half of the screen.
    Near the very bottom there should be a list of "super affordances" which lists all of the interactions that are available to Sims on that particular object. Find the interaction you want to get rid of and delete the entry. Make sure that you don't leave any blank lines in the tuning.
    Now you need to make sure that your edited tuning only affects your object otherwise the changes you make will apply to ALL EA objects that use the same tuning.
    Above the tuning code there should be the active tab labelled as XML and one to the right labelled Data. Click on the Data tab. Here you need to enter a new Instance and Name for your tuning. Your Instance can be created by using the Tools>Hash Generator. Type a description for your tuning into the Text box and then copy the numbers that appear in the FNV64 box. Paste these over the old Instance.
    To create a name, use your username followed by a colon (:) and then what yor tuning is for. This can be anything you like but there MUST be a colon in there otherwise it won't work. If it is correct then the TuningID number underneath will also change.
    Now go back to the Object Definition, find where it says Tuning, and type in your new name there as well.
    Your object should now have its own tuning that will no longer have the options that you deleted. Put it in your game to try it out.

I hope this was of some help to you. I'm not always the best at making things easy to understand.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • SGT13SGT13 Posts: 5 New Member
    is this an up to date tutorial?
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    This method still functions as intended. Studio hasn't changed how it handles tuning since I wrote my previous response.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Aiden_h_120Aiden_h_120 Posts: 3 New Member
    why can’t console players have cc and mods because i think it would make the sims better and more fun for console players it could even add to the player count and make the game look good i also think it would make the game more even and add an excitement as well for console players i also think that people with cats and dogs and don’t have my first pet should either pay 9.99 for it or get it for free and if they have my first pet then they should just have to pay the cats and dogs.