Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

stray animals

I have all the packs. Is there a way to get stray animals to the island? I hate having to go to brindleton bay (think that's what its called) Just to get my cat to meet strays and such.

Comments

• TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2019
    Have you tried the lot trait? Cat-friendly/Dog-friendly? They only work on certain types of lots, though, & I'm not sure they actually work outside of B.Bay.
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Have you tried the lot trait? Cat-friendly/Dog-friendly? They only work on certain types of lots, though, & I'm not sure they actually work outside of B.Bay.

Yes and they don't.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Cat Hangout and Dog Hangout should work outside Brindleton Bay. The Cat Friendly and Dog Friendly will make owned pets show up with their owners, not strays.

And I noticed that a venue usually spawn townies then strays, if you have Get Famous the paparazzis and fans might take up the population cap of 20 Sims so no strays show up. I’m using MCCC so I have no issues (44 Sims cap).

Also those strays are usually all sick and dirty so it also might be a good thing not to see them around.
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »
    Cat Hangout and Dog Hangout should work outside Brindleton Bay. The Cat Friendly and Dog Friendly will make owned pets show up with their owners, not strays.

And I noticed that a venue usually spawn townies then strays, if you have Get Famous the paparazzis and fans might take up the population cap of 20 Sims so no strays show up. I’m using MCCC so I have no issues (44 Sims cap).

Also those strays are usually all sick and dirty so it also might be a good thing not to see them around.

I have MCCC also. do I have to change the cap myself or is it automatic?
  • PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    I have a question about strays.
    So my sim lives in Brindleton Bay and since there are so many strays there and i really like cats, i put the trait on my property that stray cats like to hang there. I even put out lots of food for them, and made them a little "outhouse" with cat beds, toys and scratchers. And of course the stray cats all come. What I didn't realize was that the strays also come into my own house ( i don't really mind that though because then my cat can get friends and have "sleepovers".
    But what I noticed, was when they first arrived and roamed around the house it said "strays" on them. Fine, makes sense. But after a few sim hours it dosen't say "strays" on them anymore. Just their name. Just like a owned pet. None of them are added to my household or anything.
    Why is this? Don't they count as "strays" since i opened my doors? Do i now own all the stray cats in the neighborhood without realizing it? I'm just really confused and hope someone can explain what the deal is
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2020
    @PinkyPus
    It is a Lot Trait that causesthis issue.

There are mods (I use those) that have animals in other towns also.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/hunde-katzen-cats-dogs/

Look for the ones called;
    • some cat and dog strays in other worlds
    • dog walkers in other worlds
    • stray cats and dogs in city life world
  • PinkyPusPinkyPus Posts: 52 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    @PinkyPus
    It is a Lot Trait that causesthis issue.

There are mods (I use those) that have animals in other towns also.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/hunde-katzen-cats-dogs/

Look for the ones called;
    • some cat and dog strays in other worlds
    • dog walkers in other worlds
    • stray cats and dogs in city life world

Ah okay. I have the lot trait that stray cats love my property. It's okay that they are there. Just got a bit confused when it didn't say "strays" over their heads no more and they weren't in my household either :smile:
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've used dogs hangout lot trait in oasis springs and stray dogs showed up all the time. I even had to lock the front door to avoid them to enter in my sim's house.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I think that the strays lose their title after a bit but I think they are still classified as strays. I was trying to adopt one and all of a sudden it didn't have stray in the title anymore. I played for a bit longer and loaded the park where I first found the stray and it worked again.

This was also around the same time I learned that I could use the phone to invite the stray over... Which was funny but weird lol.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've used dogs hangout lot trait in oasis springs and stray dogs showed up all the time. I even had to lock the front door to avoid them to enter in my sim's house.

I used cat hangout in willow creek and it also worked fine, the house was full of cats :D
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• cbribri89cbribri89 Posts: 1 New Member
    Here's something weird, why are you able to call stray animals to your lot then it triggers the Simmish speech on the phone. Weird, my suggestion is to have the sim go outside and cup their mouth and pretend to call for the stray animal or something like that.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The only place I've seen stray cats is B.Bay. Never seen stray dogs, even there. WIth lot traits so few am not inclined to waste one just to have animals around.