Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 wont work after installing a mod

I installed a mod from mod sims. and now my game will not open. I removed the mods and game still wont open. Any suggestion on what to do that doesn't involve me re-installing the game and losing all my stuff?

Comments

• james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Try repair.
  • ChremataChremata Posts: 21 Member
    i did it did not work
  • TheSpiciestBoiTheSpiciestBoi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, newbie here with no luck finding the right thread to post this on :cold_sweat:
    I have a Sim that is based after a character that wears both an eye patch and glasses. I managed, by switching the categories, to be able to have both on at the sims time. But the texture from the eye patch is spreading all across the glasses and I can't have that :disappointed: I've looked around but can't find out how to edit it and fix this issue :neutral:
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Chremata wrote: »
    I installed a mod from mod sims. and now my game will not open. I removed the mods and game still wont open. Any suggestion on what to do that doesn't involve me re-installing the game and losing all my stuff?

Try clearing your cache files. Sometimes even after you remove the mod it leaves files behind. If that doesn’t work you can try resetting your sims folder. The mod likely is out of date.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Hi, newbie here with no luck finding the right thread to post this on :cold_sweat:
    I have a Sim that is based after a character that wears both an eye patch and glasses. I managed, by switching the categories, to be able to have both on at the sims time. But the texture from the eye patch is spreading all across the glasses and I can't have that :disappointed: I've looked around but can't find out how to edit it and fix this issue :neutral:

You may want to ask your question at the Sims 4 Studio forum, they can help you with that. http://sims4studio.com/board/8/creator-help You will probably need to sign in but, membership is free.
  • JedmadarJedmadar Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Try clearing your cache files. Sometimes even after you remove the mod it leaves files behind. If that doesn’t work you can try resetting your sims folder. The mod likely is out of date.

Hello!

I figured it was okay to reply to something only a couple of months old, but how does one reset their Sims 4/Mods folder?

Thanks in advance for your time. :)

Jedmadar
    Jedmadar wrote: »
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Try clearing your cache files. Sometimes even after you remove the mod it leaves files behind. If that doesn’t work you can try resetting your sims folder. The mod likely is out of date.

Hello!

I figured it was okay to reply to something only a couple of months old, but how does one reset their Sims 4/Mods folder?

Jedmadar
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

Hello!

Jedmadar

To reset your Mods folder, simply move the old Mods folder to your desktop and open the game. Close the game and a new Mods folder will be created. Copy your old Mods folder back to the game. When you get the duplicate file notification, choose Skip This File. Delete the local thumbcache.package file and delete everything inside your cache file, then you should be good to go.
  • JedmadarJedmadar Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > (Quote)
    > (Quote)
    >
    > To reset your Mods folder, simply move the old Mods folder to your desktop and open the game. Close the game and a new Mods folder will be created. Copy your old Mods folder back to the game. When you get the duplicate file notification, choose Skip This File. Delete the local thumbcache.package file and delete everything inside your cache file, then you should be good to go.

Thank you SO much! I will try this when I get home.
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > (Quote)
    > (Quote)
    >
    > To reset your Mods folder, simply move the old Mods folder to your desktop and open the game. Close the game and a new Mods folder will be created. Copy your old Mods folder back to the game. When you get the duplicate file notification, choose Skip This File. Delete the local thumbcache.package file and delete everything inside your cache file, then you should be good to go.

Thank you SO much! I will try this when I get home.

You are welcome!
  • Littlemissdigital715Littlemissdigital715 Posts: 2 New Member
    <report><version>2</version><sessionid>412b1ee7db01eceb5e979996</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-04-15 19:33:41</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.62.67.1020-1.200.000.442.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>state.py:1884</categoryid><desyncid>412b1ee7db01eceb5e979996</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Error invoking TunableStateComponentWrapper.StateComponent (AttributeError: 'ImmutableSlots' object has no attribute 'tested_states_on_location_changed')
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 74, in c_api_create_object
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 159, in create_object
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 70, in create_script_object
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\definition.py", line 392, in instantiate
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\game_object.py", line 195, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\client_object_mixin.py", line 94, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\reservation\reservation_mixin.py", line 32, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\script_object.py", line 725, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 525, in __call__
    File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2020\Tmex-BetterExceptions\PublicUnlock.py", line 13, in _unlock
    File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2020\Tmex-BetterExceptions\tmex_BetterExceptions_Hooks.py", line 96, in tm_be_class_exceptions
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_7_1_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 148, in _wrapper_function
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 523, in __call__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 508, in __call__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1884, in __init__
    AttributeError: 'ImmutableSlots' object has no attribute 'tested_states_on_location_changed'
    rtim=0
    Client Session Time: 14.95

Num Save Errors: 0

Num Load Errors: 0

Current Game State: 0x96d01090

Origin Version: 10,5,67,39484

Modded: True

SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18363 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 nvldumdx.dll 26.21.14.3200, GUID: D7B71E3E-5E41-11CF-527B-96AC1BC2D735

</desyncdata></report>

I know that's a lot but I don't know what to do
  • Littlemissdigital715Littlemissdigital715 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Littlemissdigital715 said:
    > <report><version>2</version><sessionid>412b1ee7db01eceb5e979996</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-04-15 19:33:41</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.62.67.1020-1.200.000.442.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>state.py:1884</categoryid><desyncid>412b1ee7db01eceb5e979996</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[cjiang] Error invoking TunableStateComponentWrapper.StateComponent (AttributeError: 'ImmutableSlots' object has no attribute 'tested_states_on_location_changed')
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 74, in c_api_create_object
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 159, in create_object
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 70, in create_script_object
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\definition.py", line 392, in instantiate
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\game_object.py", line 195, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\client_object_mixin.py", line 94, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\reservation\reservation_mixin.py", line 32, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\script_object.py", line 725, in __init__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 525, in __call__
    File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2020\Tmex-BetterExceptions\PublicUnlock.py", line 13, in _unlock
    File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods 2020\Tmex-BetterExceptions\tmex_BetterExceptions_Hooks.py", line 96, in tm_be_class_exceptions
    File "E:\Builds\MCCC_7_1_0\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 148, in _wrapper_function
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\tunable.py", line 523, in __call__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 508, in __call__
    File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\state.py", line 1884, in __init__
    AttributeError: 'ImmutableSlots' object has no attribute 'tested_states_on_location_changed'
    rtim=0
    Client Session Time: 14.95

Num Save Errors: 0

Num Load Errors: 0

Current Game State: 0x96d01090

Origin Version: 10,5,67,39484

Modded: True

SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18363 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 nvldumdx.dll 26.21.14.3200, GUID: D7B71E3E-5E41-11CF-527B-96AC1BC2D735

</desyncdata></report>
    >
    >
    >
    > I know that's a lot but I don't know what to do

never mind I fixed it :)
  • Mk5iverMk5iver Posts: 1 New Member
    Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted. If this file is a Mod please remove it and try again. if not please repair the game via origin. then one of my mods installed will pop up... I know it isnt any particular mod and probably all of them because i kept removing them. How do i get the game to work with my mods. (I tried the resetting mod folder method)
  • rjokerrjoker Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I am new here but could not find a button to start a new thread. Found this one much related to the question.
    I have the sims 4 - run quite okay until I download and install mods on them. I have around 35gb of Mods and Cc. My sims 4 take more than 20 minutes to load in the game. Is there anyway can help to speed them up please?
  • ashmoo2003ashmoo2003 Posts: 3 New Member
    Someone PLEASE HELP!!! Im still new on the forums & cant post my own post about my problem but this thread is close to my issue! Im new to cc & for the longest I said I wouldnt do it because I was worried it would mess up my game/computer, well now I wish I had listen to my first instinct. I caved & decided to load my first cc Hair & it did great, no problems, then decided to load some more from the same creator, all together about 60 hairstyles. Afterwards, my game wouldnt load, tried restart, tried complete shutdown, repair game, nothing! So then I decided to delete all cc hair & game still wouldnt load, tried all the same stuff as before, even ran game as administrator, which worked one time, but then the next time wouldnt load that way either. So I then decided to go through the agony of uninstalling & reinstalling my game & all packs. I saved my saved games in a folder on the desktop & uninstalled Sims 4. After it taking a whole day to reinstall(yes, my internet sucks!) game still not loading! I click to play & at the top left corner briefly the X & minimize buttons show then for a split second the screen flickers white like its going to load but then nothing, closes out & goes to my origin game library! Please help! I need my Sims, lol! Also keep in mind im somewhere between beginner & intermediate when it comes to computer tech stuff, lol!
  • ashmoo2003ashmoo2003 Posts: 3 New Member
    Also after reading that some people couldnt get their game to load & were told to remove the Sims 4 folder from the EA folder found under Documents to the Desktop & relaunch game, decided to try that & still nothing! *whine* Frown Somebody please help! Feel empty without my Sims, lol! Frown Frown Frown
    ashmoo2003 wrote: »
    Someone PLEASE HELP!!! Im still new on the forums & cant post my own post about my problem but this thread is close to my issue! Im new to cc & for the longest I said I wouldnt do it because I was worried it would mess up my game/computer, well now I wish I had listen to my first instinct. I caved & decided to load my first cc Hair & it did great, no problems, then decided to load some more from the same creator, all together about 60 hairstyles. Afterwards, my game wouldnt load, tried restart, tried complete shutdown, repair game, nothing! So then I decided to delete all cc hair & game still wouldnt load, tried all the same stuff as before, even ran game as administrator, which worked one time, but then the next time wouldnt load that way either. So I then decided to go through the agony of uninstalling & reinstalling my game & all packs. I saved my saved games in a folder on the desktop & uninstalled Sims 4. After it taking a whole day to reinstall(yes, my internet sucks!) game still not loading! I click to play & at the top left corner briefly the X & minimize buttons show then for a split second the screen flickers white like its going to load but then nothing, closes out & goes to my origin game library! Please help! I need my Sims, lol! Also keep in mind im somewhere between beginner & intermediate when it comes to computer tech stuff, lol!

If your game isn't working at all, even when you don't have CC & Mods, you should go over to EA help: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

One quick thing I could suggest is double-checking whether you have a 32bit or 64bit computer and are running the right version of the game.
    How to Check: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq
    About the 32bit Legacy Edition Game: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-legacy-edition/