Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Won't Go To Gigs

13...Next

Comments

• GrlledbaconGrlledbacon Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ve had this problem too! It started after I invited my co workers over which was after the recent update. I quit the acting career and rejoined with a different agency and I still couldn’t go to gigs. I then tried on a whole different world with a different sim and it still wouldn’t work.
  • mycatmartinmycatmartin Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this problem too and it ANNOYED ME SO MUCH!

But! I fixed it, at least for now. I just went into my sims phone and clicked QUIT JOB, then I rejoined the actor career and IT WORKED! Now it gives me the notification an hour before the gig AND I can go to work. Hopefully it doesn’t bug out again because I love Get Famous.
  • mycatmartinmycatmartin Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="mycatmartin;c-17453217"]I had this problem too and it ANNOYED ME SO MUCH!

But! I fixed it, at least for now. I just went into my sims phone and clicked QUIT JOB, then I rejoined the actor career and IT WORKED! Now it gives me the notification an hour before the gig AND I can go to work. Hopefully it doesn’t bug out again because I love Get Famous.[/quote]

Also, I played another household quickly after I “fixed” my problem and it went back to how it was before. I recommend only playing the one household if this trick works for you.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Do you guys still have this issue if you purchase the 'established name' fame perk? This allows you to bypass audition, and go straight to the gig.
  • AlicqaAlicqa Posts: 1 New Member
    I just bought this expansion pack during quarantine and I have the same problem, I have not once been able to actually go to the gig and I’ve tried it on two different sims, who are the only sim in my household. The gig does not say it was complete and disappear and I don’t receive any money it just stays in the work section but it does not allow me to attend when the time comes and I get no notification. It seems this bug has been around since September 2018 and it still has not even fixed, v disappointed in this expansion pack spent all that money on nothing lol
  • sssophskiiisssophskiii Posts: 2 New Member
    I guess everyone is having the same problem. Removed all my mods and cc tested them all, tried quitting jobs and changing back to the acting career, tried not travelling between auditions and gigs, basically everything I can think of that normally fixes bugs and then I come to google and it turns out everyone is having the same problem. I hope they fix is pleaaaaaase I'm just trying to live my best quarantine life.
  • CuddleMonstrCuddleMonstr Posts: 1 New Member
    I had that problem, and wouldn't go away, until I found out that if I get my person to stay home between audition and gig, he could go to the gig. So just make sure you don't go to town and socialize between the audition and gig and you should be fine.
  • almaasimsalmaasims Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m running into the same problem. I’ve even quit the career all together and got the job back to see if it was maybe a glitch but it’s still happening. This is extremely frustrating I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • SNF002SNF002 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @leenback_ said:
    > This is so dang annoying. I don't want to have to join a different agency. Why can't this game work properly? Just spent $50 on it during quarantine. Y'all better get on this.. lol

man ong all this money i spend on this game, i used to play this game on console and got every single pack but every 30 minutes my game crashes so i moved to pc and im still doing glitches, and there should be away i can get my packs to carry over, I spent over $600 on this game.
  • milkymyeonmilkymyeon Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I have this problem too! I just purchased this pack and I have quit actor job or switch agency but still my sim can't go to gig. I only have 2 sims, one sim as actor, one sim as musician. I'm so upset with this issue as I purchased this pack to experience active career in acting.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Don’t travel between audition and gig. That’s the only solution right now. maxis please fix it. It is a wonderful pack !
  • sssophskiiisssophskiii Posts: 2 New Member
    Managed to get mine working, sort of, removed the established name fame perk so that I had to go to auditions again and stayed home between the audition and the gig and it finally worked. Annoying that that's the only solution but it's better than nothing till they fix it I guess.
  • Rosiw03Rosiw03 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem. I sign up for an audition, get the 1 hour warning, but when the time comes, the audition just gets removed from the work menu and nothing happens.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi everyone, and thanks a lot for your reports on this!

Other players have also been reporting it, we have a thread here, please join the conversation in there: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8930411#M127294

Locking this one as to keep all the information in the same place - bug reports belong on Answers HQ.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top