Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console will be getting a patch tonight April 7th (Now Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
If your not aware pc got a patch today. It's coming to consoles at 8pm pacific 11pm eastern. It introduced a few bug fixes most notable are beaches can now have weddings and the missing spa day interactions on bath tubs are also back. It fixed an error code as well.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    drshortassdrshortass Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm kinda at a loss- after the update, I've lost worlds and content. I can't create a new sim etc. Could you point me in the right direction?
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    A lot of people are report problems like this. I am not going to let my game get updated then.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    drshortass wrote: »
    I'm kinda at a loss- after the update, I've lost worlds and content. I can't create a new sim etc. Could you point me in the right direction?

Do you have mods? If not then let @SimGuruNick know on Twitter. If you have mods move them to the desktop and out of your Sims 4 Folder. Some mods will need to be updated for this patch.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Why do these problems keep happening? All these patches that are supposed to fix bugs just add new ones. There is clearly no quality control before release. If this keeps happening, I think it would be time to report EA to the appropriate authorities.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Why do these problems keep happening? All these patches that are supposed to fix bugs just add new ones. There is clearly no quality control before release. If this keeps happening, I think it would be time to report EA to the appropriate authorities.

This could be a mod related issue. Some mods will need to be updated after this patch.
  • Options
    I see no fixes for all the crashes.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I see no fixes for all the crashes.

Legacy said this console version won't have any additional fixes. He said console specific bug fixes will be in the next console patch their working on. He didn't mention anything about crashes.

I suspect the next console update will be in May. We're way overdue for one.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I feel any patch is good at this point and seeing how the whole world is topsy turvy right now I hope we as the community can be supportive and encouraging in this trying time :)
  • Options
    ab92xoab92xo Posts: 38 Member
    The game is just actual trash at this point lol. It gets worse and worse with every new pack/patch. It's pretty much impossible to play for more than an hour without multiple crashes.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I'm sorry but this just isn't good enough. All these problems just seem to show that the team can't make a game that works properly.

So does this mean I have to wait another few months just to move my preferred Sim into a new house on the flat 50x50 lot in Sulani and have it actually play?? Sorry, but I'm not waiting that long.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    ab92xo wrote: »
    The game is just actual trash at this point lol. It gets worse and worse with every new pack/patch. It's pretty much impossible to play for more than an hour without multiple crashes.

Hopefully that will be fixed on The PS5 since it will be much faster.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have a basic 500GB PS4 and the game runs pretty good. It has only crashed less than a handful of times since I first started playing it and aside from various glitches I have no problem with it. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    ab92xoab92xo Posts: 38 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-17450447"][quote="ab92xo;c-17449444"]The game is just actual trash at this point lol. It gets worse and worse with every new pack/patch. It's pretty much impossible to play for more than an hour without multiple crashes.[/quote]

Hopefully that will be fixed on The PS5 since it will be much faster.[/quote]

If the only solution to the problem is hoping it will be fixed on next gen consoles, then the game shouldn't have been released on current consoles.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    The problem is the game was just ported over from PC, it wasn't altered specifically for consoles.

Also, I think the following problems need to be investigated:

1. Every lot loads perfectly in Build mode yet some crash when trying to be played. WHY??
    2. Why do some households load perfectly every time but others don't?
    3. Some new households load perfectly for the first few times then crash every time after that. WHY??

I had all my households in Britechester work perfectly every time until that patch that "fixed" some of its lots when they became unloadable. Now, some load while others crash each time.
    2quwd7.gif