Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Raines mafia game **TOWN WIN **

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    LOL, but then again, I just read my own PM right now and Raine did say they were 7 rebels. :joy::joy: I just didn't check what this setup was gonna be and how many players there were until today when I woke up. 🙈
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sorry I have been quiet. Just been doing stuff today. I don’t know what to say though. No ones been sus that I can tell. Most people have just been discussing the set up. I’m about to go to bed and hopefully find something in the morning. And Raine you are doing great, trust me, my first hosting was by far the worst mafia game there could ever be.
  • Options
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Sorry I have been quiet. Just been doing stuff today. I don’t know what to say though. No ones been sus that I can tell. Most people have just been discussing the set up. I’m about to go to bed and hopefully find something in the morning. And Raine you are doing great, trust me, my first hosting was by far the worst mafia game there could ever be.

I was curious to see what your first game was, cuz I bet I was complaining about it.

But I checked and actually I didn't play it all. Me and Icey helped you a bit here and there for that game. :joy:
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    citysimmer wrote: »
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    Hi there!
    I don´t see it as negative as Nush, we are 7 against 2, isn´t that a relatively good chance to get mafia?
    Perhaps we get one of them tonight then there is just one left.

How you figure out 7 and 2 when the math doesn't really follow the setup, so quickly, is fishy to me.

I've read the rules and it said: 1 king/1 guard and 7 rebels, it wasn't fast, I've just read.
    Not again, DeKay, I would like to play a bit longer this game. 😊
    And I just thought that if the king and guard can talk that this will be awful for us townies, because they can make a strategy,which puts us into the same trouble as in Mouselline's game.
    I just tried to think. 😆

Oh okay, fair enough. 😂 See, I didn't read that part the spoilers part cuz I usually like to go straight to the wiki page.

But you asked "can't they talk in private for strategy?" Doesn't make it look like you think that this is going to be awful for townies. If you did, you would have asked, "CAN they talk in private?" Instead of "can't".

And it's not that awful cuz most mafia games are like that anyway where the mafia can talk to each other.

Maybe it's just me but i feel like this is nitpicking?

I'm always nitpicking.

That's true, but over one word?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Hi there!
    I don´t see it as negative as Nush, we are 7 against 2, isn´t that a relatively good chance to get mafia?

How you figure out 7 and 2 when the math doesn't really follow the setup, so quickly, is fishy to me.

I've read the rules and it said: 1 king/1 guard and 7 rebels, it wasn't fast, I've just read.
    And I just thought that if the king and guard can talk that this will be awful for us townies, because they can make a strategy,which puts us into the same trouble as in Mouselline's game.
    I just tried to think. 😆

Oh okay, fair enough. 😂 See, I didn't read that part the spoilers part cuz I usually like to go straight to the wiki page.

But you asked "can't they talk in private for strategy?" Doesn't make it look like you think that this is going to be awful for townies. If you did, you would have asked, "CAN they talk in private?" Instead of "can't".

And it's not that awful cuz most mafia games are like that anyway where the mafia can talk to each other.

I'm always nitpicking.

How you say one word can make a big difference. :P And it's not just one word.

She also asked Raine some time before that this:
    At least I understand the rules this time! :D
    So Raine, can king and guard talk to each other in private?

I don't know... I just get the impression that she is so obsessed with the private messaging thing. 🤷‍♀️

From my perspective, a townie would not even care about this and since we play this setup so rarely, I think that most players would also just assume there is no PM chat since the King should not have known the guard, and not ask this kinda stuff.

And her asking that was what made Raine changed the rules a bit to let the mafia both talk to each other once the king finds out who the guard is. So it's not only me who thinks that Alexa thinks that the mafia might should have a PM chat, whether she's town or not. :D But now Raine has taken that out anyways.

I'm not saying she's scummy as heck for this, but I'll just keep an eye on her for now.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Hi there!

I just tried to think. 😆

I'm always nitpicking.

I have to disagree, DeKay. The wording of "can't they just?" is in no way indicative of being sympathetic with mafia to me. I could easily have put it that way and it mean nothing of the sort. Just saying.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Hi there!

I just tried to think. 😆

I'm always nitpicking.

I don't know... I just get the impression that she is so obsessed with the private messaging thing. 🤷‍♀️

From my perspective, a townie would not even care about this and since we play this setup so rarely, I think that most players would also just assume there is no PM chat since the King should not have known the guard, and not ask this kinda stuff.

And her asking that was what made Raine changed the rules a bit to let the mafia both talk to each other once the king finds out who the guard is. So it's not only me who thinks that Alexa thinks that the mafia might should have a PM chat, whether she's town or not. :D But now Raine has taken that out anyways.

I'm not saying she's scummy as heck for this, but I'll just keep an eye on her for now.

Here I go again but it has to be said: I was very interested in the setup too and usually I'm not. I wanted to know if King and Guard had private chat because in the description elsewhere that I read, they do not. So that was my assumption. Luckily I wasn't there when all the discussion was going on about the details of the setup, as much or I too would have been going, "but wait a minute..!" about whether King and Guard could talk at night.

Or maybe this is just you deviling people to see what falls out for reactions. ?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Oh no...I'm up til wee hours again. If I do this, then I only sleep for about 5 hours, and after a few days of that, I go a bit off.
    Got to make myself stop this nonsense. Night, all.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    So the game isn't as unbalanced as all that. The King's lynch will succeed every night unless it's the guard in which case it fails and the King will then know who the guard is, and can try to influence suspicion away from the guard. The guard will also know who the King is, at least that was the rule I read online, that the guard knows who the King is..and the King cannot accidentally lynch the guard, and will find out who it is if they do try to. So then both King and guard know who the other is, but if they can't chat at night, that would maybe offset the lack of any power but the day lynch, by town.

I'm just gonna correct you on your terms there.
    Lynch = those kills we do in the day where we vote someone out
    Kill/night kill: The one done at the night by mafia/or other townie roles that can kill at night.

Noted. Will try to improve my syntax.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Hi there!

I just tried to think. 😆

I'm always nitpicking.

Here I go again but it has to be said: I was very interested in the setup too and usually I'm not. I wanted to know if King and Guard had private chat because in the description elsewhere that I read, they do not. So that was my assumption. Luckily I wasn't there when all the discussion was going on about the details of the setup, as much or I too would have been going, "but wait a minute..!" about whether King and Guard could talk at night.

Or maybe this is just you deviling people to see what falls out for reactions. ?

I mean, yeah, I'm always doing this for reactions. :D And also maybe I'm thinking too much about this. Or maybe I'm not but you guys keep on asking about it. LOL. 😬 But I understand that too cuz there's nothing else that's going on now.

But either way, it doesn't really matter anymore cuz things have changed and now both mafia know each other, and don't have a mafia chat so the way I think now has to be tweaked as well, and I have disregard all this talk on the setup bla bla bla from earlier on in the game.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Hi there!

I just tried to think. 😆

I'm always nitpicking.

I have to disagree, DeKay. The wording of "can't they just?" is in no way indicative of being sympathetic with mafia to me. I could easily have put it that way and it mean nothing of the sort. Just saying.

To me, it kinda does. Especially when the game setup already says no PM and she is asking that like she's trying to get the host to switch it around. LOL. Doesn't matter of she's town or not.

I usually don't question about a game setup and whether if it's balanced or not once the game has started. But maybe that's just me.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Rainesims wrote: »
    I've added a section regarding the king and guard to the roles and win conditions section.
    If the king discovers the guard they will be able to talk to each other at night only the town will be made aware that the king and guard are in contact.

So, this is my opinion on the matter. Since the setup doesn't say that the kill will fail if they target the guard, the guard should be able to be killed by the king at night. After all, the magic made the king forget who his guard is, right? This is just my opinion based on the setup though. I'm going to read back again in a bit and do EMMM. Be back in a little bit. (Just checking in to say I haven't forgotten about the game.)

No, the setup says that the night kill will fail if he targets a guard. 😂

Nvm. I see that part now. XD
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    So, I really hate doing this, but I don't think I can commit to a mafia game rn. I just don't feel as into the game rn. I think I just need to take a few days to myself. Is there any way I could get a replacement? @Rainesims
  • Options
    So, I really hate doing this, but I don't think I can commit to a mafia game rn. I just don't feel as into the game rn. I think I just need to take a few days to myself. Is there any way I could get a replacement? Rainesims

Aw, sorry to hear that. :( Have you asked Nascar if he would want to play?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    So, I really hate doing this, but I don't think I can commit to a mafia game rn. I just don't feel as into the game rn. I think I just need to take a few days to myself. Is there any way I could get a replacement? Rainesims

Nascar said no when I asked him if he was gonna join this game. Anyway, good morning..ish. I just woke up. Only 3 pages of messages happened while I was asleep, which is pretty surprising considering a game with this much players would usually have around 10.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options

It's 4am here rn. I might ask him if he'd be willing to take my spot later when he wakes up.
  • Options

Nascar said no when I asked him if he was gonna join this game. Anyway, good morning..ish. I just woke up. Only 3 pages of messages happened while I was asleep, which is pretty surprising considering a game with this much players would usually have around 10.

Yeah, nothing much has happened. 🤔 Seems like mafia is laying low.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    So I´ll do my emmm thing. And it says DeKay.
    Because
    :
    Hi there!

I just tried to think. 😆

I'm always nitpicking.

To me, it kinda does. Especially when the game setup already says no PM and she is asking that like she's trying to get the host to switch it around. LOL. Doesn't matter of she's town or not.

I usually don't question about a game setup and whether if it's balanced or not once the game has started. But maybe that's just me.

She was quoting me because I just had a problem in understanding the rules (as everybody who posted at the beginning :D )
    I was pointing out that if the mafia could talk with each other that it would be harder for us to find them because they could build up a strategy how to play best.
    Saying that she hasn´t read the spoiler just to defend her "nitpicking" on me made me suspicious.
    And the "I usually don't question about a game setup and whether if it's balanced or not once the game has started. But maybe that's just me." I don´t understand at all because it was her that was pointing out the flawws of the game rules, repeatedly. She even made Raine change the rules... Suspicious!
    And then she said that she didn´t notice that there are 9 players this time? Come on, DeKay, you could do better!

Vote : DeKay
  • Options
    So I´ll do my emmm thing. And it says DeKay.
    Because
    :
    Hi there!

I just tried to think. 😆

I'm always nitpicking.

She was quoting me because I just had a problem in understanding the rules (as everybody who posted at the beginning :D )
    I was pointing out that if the mafia could talk with each other that it would be harder for us to find them because they could build up a strategy how to play best.
    Saying that she hasn´t read the spoiler just to defend her "nitpicking" on me made me suspicious.
    And the "I usually don't question about a game setup and whether if it's balanced or not once the game has started. But maybe that's just me." I don´t understand at all because it was her that was pointing out the flawws of the game rules, repeatedly. She even made Raine change the rules... Suspicious!
    And then she said that she didn´t notice that there are 9 players this time? Come on, DeKay, you could do better!

Vote : DeKay

Excuse me. I didn't make Raine change the rules. The official setup wasn't supposed to have a mafia chat in the first place nor have the mafia knowing each other nor having an extra townie.

The only reason why I brought it up cuz I know the Royal setup is not supposed to have mafia chat and the King should not know about the guards. I know this cuz I co-hosted a royal setup before and a few days ago when I looked at this thread, I remember Raine had picked Contagion in the Palace but she had some other back up ones which I just skimmed thru. But I was rather excited for this one cuz I don't think I've played a Royal setup before or maybe I did once. I jut think it's fun to have a mafia team where one doesn't know the other and they don't have a mafia chat.

" I don´t understand at all because it was her that was pointing out the flawws of the game rules, repeatedly. She even made Raine change the rules... Suspicious!"
    But you won't see me on other mafia games asking, "Why can't town have a doctor? Why does have mafia have to have a roleblocker? That's like too hard," when the game has already started. Which is what I'm saying about you cuz you brought up the PM thing when it has already started.

Yeah, I didn't notice it cuz I don't read who's on the player list, only until the game has started and when I'm about to do my EMMM. What's the problem with that?

But if you want to vote me, go ahead. I don't care. Have fun finding the bad guys without me.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    Plus, your EMMM thing seems so skewed. 🙄 Looks like you're just going for the person who's targetting you.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Plus, your EMMM thing seems so skewed. 🙄 Looks like you're just going for the person who's targetting you.

I've expected you to say that. That I'm just targeting you in some kind revenge thingy. See it as you will!
    The "that's too hard" was me referring to Nush' first or second post, because at this point I didn't think it was hard for us to win over Mafia.
    If we have killed you there would only one Mafia in the game anymore, so better chances for us to win this time! 😀
  • Options

I've expected you to say that. That I'm just targeting you in some kind revenge thingy. See it as you will!
    The "that's too hard" was me referring to Nush' first or second post, because at this point I didn't think it was hard for us to win over Mafia.
    If we have killed you there would only one Mafia in the game anymore, so better chances for us to win this time! 😀

Fine then, kill me.

Unvote
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    The way I’m too scared to try to defend anybody in this game because I know it’ll make me look suspicious..
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    The way I’m too scared to try to defend anybody in this game because I know it’ll make me look suspicious..

Oh well, I guess I’ll just shoot my shot.

Alexa, what makes you so sure that Dekay is the mafia? Right now, she is our best shot at finding mafia because she’s the most experienced player.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Adding some stuff..

Oh well, I guess I’ll just shoot my shot.

Alexa, what makes you so sure that Dekay is the mafia? Right now, she is our best shot at finding mafia because she’s the most experienced player.

Plus, contrary to what you said, mislynching Dekay will do nothing but worsen our chances because like I said before, she is our best shot at finding mafia because of how good she is at it. Last mafia game she thought Rose was mafia and was suspicious of Nascar before anyone else was, and they both turned out to be mafia in the end.
    image0.gif
    Come try a Mafia Game!