Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's degree didn't help with her job

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    This does work. If you read the thread, you'll see how it works. Your degree only qualifies you for advanced placement in one branch of the career, so you have to get a job in that branch if you want the advanced placement.
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited April 2020
    This is still not fixed. My sims boyfriend (they met at uni) has a B- in physics. He had his diploma in his inventory when he moved in. But he starts at level 1 in the engineer career. No boost. I checked the jobs several times, nothing.

When I check his career, his "class schedule" is still there, but it says "this sim has graduated, no more terms to attend". What does this mean? Isn't that supposed to disappear after graduation? Shouldn't it rather be blank with an option of "find a job"?

Does anyone have a work-around for this? I don't want to use cheats, I want him to get the engineer job boost because he graduated.. :,(
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    @plau Did more than one day pass since your sim received his final report?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    kusurusu wrote: »

It's been one day since he moved in with my sim. My sim graduated at the same time as him. That was about two sim weeks ago.
    Maybe I should wait a couple more sim days for it to appear in the jobs list?

Edit: When I press the mailbox and hover over "enroll in a university" it says "your sim can't enroll for more courses at this time". So I guess I'll just have to wait a few sim days for it to "process" or something.. I'll post an update here.
    Post edited by plau on
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    plau wrote: »

It's been one day since he moved in with my sim.

So you didn't control him while he finished his last term? Sounds like he's now stuck graduating. You could fix this by using cheats/mods but it's complicated.

My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    @plau Yes, he starts at level 1 of Engineering, since that's the base career. If you want the job boost, you have to put him into the branch career, which is Mechanical Engineer for Physics.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    plau wrote: »

It's been one day since he moved in with my sim.

So you didn't control him while he finished his last term? Sounds like he's now stuck graduating. You could fix this by using cheats/mods but it's complicated.

No, I didn't control him when he graduated, seems like his stuck, yes. :/ What cheats/mods can I use? I could always just bump him up to the engineer branch that I want and promote him with mccc, but I want him to get all the benefits from the degree, like more vacation days.
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    @plau Yes, he starts at level 1 of Engineering, since that's the base career. If you want the job boost, you have to put him into the branch career, which is Mechanical Engineer for Physics.

When my sim graduated she started level 8 in the doctor career, and that job was the doctors career in the jobs list, like always, but it had red letters which said something like "since your sim has this degree she will get benefits" etc.. My male sim with physics degree does not have that option. There is no Mechanical engineer for physics job on the list. I believe as Kusurusu wrote, that he is stuck in graduation, a few sim days has passed and it says he can't even enroll in a university, or get the job that he should have with this degree, because he probably is not done with it. Just have to figure out how I can get him unstuck..
  • Options
    I just used cheats posted on this thread by Crinrict: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-NPC-Sim-stuck-as-quot-Graduate-quot-after-graduation/td-p/8432477/page/3

It worked, but my sim won't be able to enroll in uni again. For me it doesn't matter, it's okay, I'm just glad he would be able to get the job he worked hard to get :D
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    My sim graduated from Univ. with a Engineer Degree I got a job but it started at leave one, no rewards nothing. Very upsetting, I feel like I just wasted my time playing her.I never used cheats and have no idea how to even try. I tried once with mother load but it didn't work. I'm sure I did something wrong. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you had to download something in order to use cheats.
  • Options
    Quit the job because Engineering jobs won't show up while you are an Engineer. Then Find a Job and look for the Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering job, instead of the Engineering job. Advanced placement from university degrees only applies to the branch careers.

Mother load doesn't work because that isn't a cheat. The correct cheat is motherlode.

@plau You got the level 8 job in the Doctor career because it doesn't have any branches. That also happens with Detective, Scientist, and Actor/Actress but I think those are the only 4 careers without branches.