(Minor rant / PSA. NOT an attack, but a "stern observation")
...So, I notice that the one community lot type with most problems is Restaurants. Now, some of it is Maxis bugs but a lot is bad builds.
Not even big names in the Sim community can be trusted to build a working restaurant, including people that have their own save files for download...
Make sure to look at the following things:
1. Functioning, or even existing, doors. Especially to the kitchen.
2. NO TVs! Especially behind locked doors! It will make Sims leave their table and try to reach the TVs! (also stereos or computers)
3. Make sure waiters don't have to go outside and around the building to reach your indoor tables (sometimes there IS a door, but counters or bars are blocking the way, because No Playtesting!)
4. WAY too crowded. Most downloaded restaurants have WAY too many tables so waiters and guests get stuck trying to get to or from tables. Or chairs blocking booths so the seats against the wall cannot be used.
5. Non-functioning cooking stations due to shelves or decoration placed with MOO and again, not playtested.
6. And finally, if you use MOO say so in the description.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek