Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neverending Rain at Camp Ground

so I picked the camping aspiration (against my better judgement) and I am attempting to find all the "Unidentified plants", which is basically impossible unless you live there for a year and wait for everything to grow and be in season, but it seem like every time I take a camping trip, spring summer or fall, it rains all the time. Makes it hard to collect plants. Anyone know of a way to modify weather in certain areas? I loved that in the Sims 2 I could select what season each world had. Seems to be pre-programmed and fixed in the sims 4.

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've gotten in the habit of going into the game options and turning off rain and thunderstorms before I send my sims on vacation, after having a couple trips ruined by the weather. I wish we could tweak the weather patterns for the worlds individually, but for now just turning off the rain altogether works for me and I just have to remember to turn it back on if I want normal weather patterns when they get home.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Just turn off rain in the settings. Thank me later.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    This:
    8P0vbB4.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Just go the first of summer... all of the plants you have to identify are in bloom during summer. Some are Spring/Summer plants and some are Summer/Fall plants. I usually get them all in 1-2 in game days, 3 if my sim does other things. The plants take a few in game hours to start blooming so I usually fish for a few hours in every area to let them fill out or go grab some insects in the meantime. I also turn off rain and thunderstorms as suggested. It also helps if prior to going on vacation to read the beginner herbalism book so that you can start identifying faster.
    egTcBMc.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Can the weather machine be used to change the weather to sunny?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    so I picked the camping aspiration (against my better judgement) and I am attempting to find all the "Unidentified plants", which is basically impossible unless you live there for a year and wait for everything to grow and be in season, but it seem like every time I take a camping trip, spring summer or fall, it rains all the time. Makes it hard to collect plants. Anyone know of a way to modify weather in certain areas? I loved that in the Sims 2 I could select what season each world had. Seems to be pre-programmed and fixed in the sims 4.

I don't have much rain in my GF, so I assume this must be a bit random. Actually, my childhood camping trips were always rainy, no matter when we left on vacation, we would hit the rainy week. It seems realistic, especially if you are staying in a tent.

I agree it is a bit dumb that when arriving the forest most plants are not modest, and you need to stay there quote a while before there is ay point getting started on collecting stuff. I think you can send different families though, each adding to the growth, but it must be within the same season or some plant will reset. At the same time I like it, because it would be a bit boring if you could just go there to harvest, without needing to spend time there. I'd bring some skill building assets to make the waiting worthy.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can the weather machine be used to change the weather to sunny?

Yes, it can but you would have to add it to a lot first.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    Thanks all. I went back to the camp ground and the minute we went outside the sky opened up and rain poured down. Using the hand of god (because aren't we all Gods to these worlds), I clicked the option to turn off rain and had a wonderful rain free camping trip. I did also finally manage to collect everything but I had to stay for 3-4 days to get everything to bloom. The flower was the last thing to open up right after I extended my vacation of another day. Collected every bug know to man, but of course, none of them count towards the collect 15 insects because it wasn't on that step yet.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Just pull your insects in and out of your inventory when you hit that step... I think that works unless they changed it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @Dannakyri1 That's awesome! Yes we are "The Gods of the Sims" heh! I'm glad everything was a help. I get stuck on some frustrating aspects too. People are great at helping. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png