Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is strange

I have been playing the sims from the begining and have never seen this before. I am playing the Sims 3, I clicked on two strange sims and it said that they were tourist. How lnog has this been, wow I must be in never never land.

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I always have tourists in my worlds.they're actually annoying imo.LOL.
    I think they came with world adventures?
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    wow I never seen this before, these two men kept singing, that is why I clicked on them to see who they where, they were at a beach area. funny
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Yep, those are World Adventure Tourists. I get quiet a lot of them in my game. They also appear in other lands, such as you'll find French men and women touring around China or Egypt and any other worlds you have installed.
  • Options
    I can't believe that all this time I have never seen one, or I guess I was not paying attention, maybe only to my own sims. Live and Learn. Have fu with your sims.
  • Options
    If you should catch one singing again, your Sim has the option of asking them to teach them the song. There are multiple songs to learn. I personally haven't allowed my Sims to learn any songs (yet). It has been my understanding (from other Simmers) that once your Sim learns the song they sing them all the time. I think after a while that may become a little too degrading to my nervous system :D.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Oh, I used to have egyptian tourists in my game. They liked to sit and read books in the park. If you don't want tourists you can use the NRaas Register mod and set "Allow Tourists" to "false". But maybe it's fun with tourists in your alternative world now when tourism isn't as it used to be now during the virus scare. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    mw1525 wrote: »
    If you should catch one singing again, your Sim has the option of asking them to teach them the song. There are multiple songs to learn. I personally haven't allowed my Sims to learn any songs (yet). It has been my understanding (from other Simmers) that once your Sim learns the song they sing them all the time. I think after a while that may become a little too degrading to my nervous system :D.

@MW1525 agree on that one, thanks for the input. saved me a lot of frustration.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Just one thing, though. There is one voice out of the three females where the singing sounds terrible. If you have a sim with that voice learn the songs, you may regret it.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    You get tourists even without traveling to other worlds in your save. I've noticed that the amount of tourists seems to track with the number of designated small parks in your world. I got very few when I played a Twinbrook with zero small parks (did some rezoning) and I'm getting a lot in Moonlight Falls with probably a dozen small parks. Don't quote me on it though.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2020
    Evalen wrote: »
    I can't believe that all this time I have never seen one, or I guess I was not paying attention, maybe only to my own sims. Live and Learn. Have fu with your sims.

I've always seen that, but the strange thing for me is seeing sims I am not playing, walking around their property and using things on their lot.
    Usually they just come and go to their house and disappear.

This sim walked into her garage to use the inventors bench.
    She waved hello to her toddler as she walked by.
    Screenshot-1794.png

These sims live across the street.
    Screenshot-1710.jpg

It's nice to see it. It makes the world more alive.
    Screenshot-1711.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    ...If you don't want tourists you can use the NRaas Register mod and set "Allow Tourists" to "false". ...

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    CL213 I had a sim who I'd placed in a house with several skilling objects including the inventors bench and I was playing a different household. I don't think I'd played the sim I am talking about here, so I was playing my regular household and got suddenly dragged to this other sims's house to see him on fire at the inventors bench. I didn't want to lose him. He kept getting on fire and not putting himself out without my intervention so in the end I had to go into his house and remove the inventors bench.
  • Options
    @CK213 - You should come to my worlds where:

1- The papergirl who delivers to the block nicely delivers the newspaper to one house on Monday and then vandalizes another yard on Tuesday.
    v9vwo5x1u9m97jn6g.jpg

2- Where townies who call your Sims to come hang out, actually wait for them to arrive, greet them at the door and then proceed to hang out.
    quwx9onowo9qq6r6g.jpg

3- Where a neighbor will step in to lend a helping hand to someone who needs it.
    y4yfg0urf784qv36g.jpg

4 - Where the mailman has other reasons for hanging around on your lot besides just delivering the mail.
    a4ysyqvc72jxd2a6g.jpg

@Evalen - Singing Sims aren't the only things happening in your world(s). Keep an eye out, you'll be surprised at the things you can catch ;)!
  • Options
    @mw1525 Thanks I guess I am into my game and don't see these things, will be watching more now. The fun never ends.
  • Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Just one thing, though. There is one voice out of the three females where the singing sounds terrible. If you have a sim with that voice learn the songs, you may regret it.

hahaha for real??
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »

hahaha for real??

Yes, for real. It's the second voice of the three in CAS, the one that sounds kind of husky.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited April 2020
    The voices can make for a big difference, yes. When my founder learned inventing, I thought about how anyone could suffer through those constant "ouch" screams when he stood at the workbench. I later learned that this is the only voice that is annoying about it and the other two are perfectly fine. Also, he can't sing, either. Learning those songs was a mistake :lol: . I had to switch them off.