Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone ever had sims they didn't purposely kill in the Sims 4 die?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I haven't had a single Sim die on me in Sims 4 on accident. I watch them too well. When they go hysterical or get electrocuted, I send them for a nap or shower, respectively. It's too easy. And yet, I heard that there's a 25% chance of dying by Murphy bed with no warning, and if I had that pack, I'd be avoiding Murphy beds for that reason. *shrugs at self*
    My sims must be soooo invincible.

I have been trying to get a murphy bed death for days and days, to no avail. It is guaranteed to break every single night, my sims have been swallowed by it during their sleep, they have been squished by it when pulling it down, but they ARE STILL ALIVE!!!

It is really annoying because they get this moodlet afterwards that prevents them going back to sleep for 3 hours, so after the bed has woken them up by swallowing them and spitting them out in the middle of the night they have to go nap on the sofa.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've not had an accidental death in my game for years! Possibly helped by having Vampires disabled and weather effects disabled in Seasons.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes, a couple of times. A vampire died from being in the sun and my black widow froze to death, both not on purpose.

But what really shocks me is how I can't kill sims when I actually want to. Once I trapped an enemy in a room with a fireplace and fireworks. There were a couple of fires but he survived them all. And somehow he didn't starve to death as well. Invincible.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2020
    Had my first one ever in TS4 just an hour or so after reading this thread. 😂 I've just started the 100 baby challenge and my first Sim to grow up to a young adult immediately dropped dead after blowing out the candles on her cake. She had the 'mortified' moodlet due a mood swing and aging up with it still there caused her to die from humiliation. 😂😭
  • gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    I had my sim, my first sim created on Sims 4, woohoo with an elder back my sim's place. Afterwards, I thought that they were getting up to leave, but they grabbed their wrist and collapsed to the floor. I felt awful after that.
  • ROSEUMIEEROSEUMIEE Posts: 18 Member
    One of my sims died as a teen from being overly happy. She went to hysterical. Then laughed so hard then collapsed. I was like O_o
  • bombtoribombtori Posts: 30 Member
    I recently had a sim who was an integral part of a storyline I was playing. He went on vacation to the jungle with my other sims and when I wasn't paying attention, he got set on fire (this has happened to me before at the temple). I tried to have one of my sims save him but they didn't have a high enough relationship. I was so upset but just added it to the story, so it just adds more drama!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    During the first month that I played TS4, (September 2015), one of the teenage daughters came home from school, jumped in the pool, and drowned.
    4kkjdXo.png

• UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Random deaths are very rare for me. They only seem to happen in these particular circumstances:

1) Inviting everyone to an outdoor party with formal wear in a heatwave. Every Sim seems to lose all will go live and they drop one by one instead of seeking shelter.

2) Repairmen still trying to repair despite being electrocuted once. Somewhat rare but it does happen.

3) My sims may occasionally get the hysterical buff and die of laughter, but that’s rare.

4) Had a few Sims being killed by Murphy bed.

Everything else seems to require player input to die.
  • ButteredToastButteredToast Posts: 47 Member
    Random deaths are very rare for me. They only seem to happen in these particular circumstances:

1) Inviting everyone to an outdoor party with formal wear in a heatwave. Every Sim seems to lose all will go live and they drop one by one instead of seeking shelter.

2) Repairmen still trying to repair despite being electrocuted once. Somewhat rare but it does happen.

3) My sims may occasionally get the hysterical buff and die of laughter, but that’s rare.

4) Had a few Sims being killed by Murphy bed.

Everything else seems to require player input to die.

Yup, this is also my experience. I had one emotional death in the beginning (before I knew it could happen). Since then I paid closer attention to my sims' moods, needs, weather and skills. I had one dryer fire due to forgetting to clean the lint before using. No deaths but lesson learned. Always clean the dryer before using (or upgrade to lint-less). Accidental deaths are very rare in my simverse.

• NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    It was when I first got Get Together, I made a bff friend group and made a holiday on the 1st day of Winter to decorate houses, be in festive spirit, etc. But the important holiday activity I added was Polar bear plunge.

As everyone knows Windenburg has really cold winter days and it was supet cold on this day. They went on the outing and everyone did the polar bear plunge at the ruins, but one of the group mates died doing the plunge, my sim begged the reaper and actually got him to bring his friend back to life.
  • hyungryhyungry Posts: 29 Member
    My sim died because I was trying to use a cheat (go figure) where I fast forwarded the time of day a few hours. I apparently left my sim outside while this happened and they died of frost bite lol :/ had to restart my game
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My I had a sim die of laughter once. It all happened so fast, I didn’t realize it until I got the notification. I was devastated but I went along with it because it would add to my story.
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    One time I had a comedian sim die of laughter accidentally right before winning the lottery. I didn't get the money.
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    YES!
    I had been working hard on a sim, she was excelling in her job after completing uni. The next step was going to the gym to loose weight.
    Well one stormy winter eve, she and a few others were working out in their skimpy gym gear, when they all rushed outside to act shocked at some dude that had frozen into a popsicle. Well you can guess what happened next, they all one after the other froze solid, about 10 of them!
    Grimmy had a fantastic time and I had to restart my game, set her back a bit in her saving for a better house.
    It was quite funny to watch though. No matter what I did, she would not go inside.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Sablesasha One time, something similar happened at the hospital. My doctor sim went into his first day of work at the beginning of winter and one of the patients froze outside. The other patients and doctors went outside to cry and then three more patients froze. Later, as I was looking at the tombstones left behind, I noticed that Marcus Flex had two, so I think the entire thing was a giant mess of glitches.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I hadn't until today.

It was Winterfest evening. Conrad Goth and his wife, Aline, and son, Ilias, had decorated the evergreen holiday tree and sang some carols in the morning, and then Ilias had went to play outside in the snow and Conrad and Aline had spent some time together. Now Conrad was about to play chess with Ilias, but Ilias was napping on the couch, so Conrad decided to wait for him to wake up, and meanwhile warm up his hands next to the fireplace. The next moment Conrad was on fire and then immediately after that he was already dying. It happened so fast that I couldn't do anything though I tried. A mysterious sprinkler extinguished the fire, but Conrad was dead and not even his wife's pleading could change that. Not the Winterfest I was expecting.

Pictures:
    mkEeoot.png
    jukKkoi.png
    6QuSdT4.png
    4XjhFCu.png

I wouldn't have wanted to lose Conrad yet, but this was definitely a surprising and interesting turn of events. I wonder how Aline and Ilias will survive from this. I'm usually perhaps even a bit too careful with my sims, so this was really like... wow.
  • BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    Yes, incidentally while I was trying to kill another sim. Don Lothario had outlived my legacy founder, his wife. Since I was tired of having him around and didn't want him dying at an inconvenient time, I decided to try and have him go out via woohoo since that would be totally in character. I found another elder, and after two rounds Don wasn't tired but his partner keeled over. Since I managed to avoid him witnessing her death, I was able to quickly find another elder. It only took one round of woohoo for that one to die. I resigned myself to his immortality and gave up.

The next day he died in the middle of the kitchen of old age.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2020
    Shockingly yes, but it was only once and pretty long ago. Once my sim was on a date at a pretty fancy restaurant. Since I actually bought CL late and didn't do much homework on the new death, I randomly chose nigiri pufferfish as my sim date's meal. Oh boy...one bite and the music started playing :lol. It was kinda sad since I did sorta had him planned as "the one" but I think that's why it made such a bigger impact on me.

Like, I always have stories and plans to play out. But to be honest, the things I remember the most were those "Omg right here? Now?" Since then it's tough to see something like that. Part of me wouldn't mind a "Random Deaths" mod just to balance it out a little.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    not really, but man i WISH it happened more often. would make the game more interesting
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • KaitlinMarieKaitlinMarie Posts: 58 Member
    Fires. My sim died rather quickly when I played the asylum challenge. Granted I had the absolutely worst quality appliances and 3 negative lot traits, but not entirely sure if that affected it. Also, early on playing seasons I'd have sims die from the cold, or lightning. Fixing things while dazed. And lastly, that pesky murphy bed from tiny living.
    Gallery name: Kaitlinxo143
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nope, the only sims that died without my input died from old age when I turned aging on (which is rather rare). Then again, accidental deaths don't really happen to me when I play TS3 either. As for Sims 4, I feel like some types of death are nearly impossible without the player forcing it. Fire? You can extinguish the sim, so when they die, it's practically because you didn't do anything to stop it, so no real accidents there unless you leave your game running while not paying attention. Electrocuting? They have to be dazed before they die from eletrocution, which mostly needs the input of the player as well, since they don't really autonomously repair objects in a vanilla game. Starving is really hard to do without disabling autonomy or locking them up. I think the only types of death which can really work without any player input is either drowning or the emotional deaths.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @Huiiie_07 I agree. People claim that TS4 doesn’t have as much accidental death as TS3, but to me, it’s about the same. The only accidental Sims 3 death I remember is when teenage Nervous Subject (the toddler from Midnight Hollow aged up) caught on fire during the free vacation (from Generations) and no adults were home to put him out.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @Huiiie_07 I agree. People claim that TS4 doesn’t have as much accidental death as TS3, but to me, it’s about the same. The only accidental Sims 3 death I remember is when teenage Nervous Subject (the toddler from Midnight Hollow aged up) caught on fire during the free vacation (from Generations) and no adults were home to put him out.

Sims can actually put themselves out with the shower, so they don't even need anyone around to put them out. As far as I can remember, I only had one accidental death in TS3 very recently. A sim died by eating a bad jelly bean, which is pretty rare in itself.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    Yeah I’ve had a few! The last one was a couple weeks ago. My sim was on a date at the outdoor roller rink in winter when I lost track of her date. She died from the cold lol. I was annoyed but I didn’t cheat her back.

My fave vampire died once too. He was invited to a bbq and died from the sun. His half sister died from anger. She was super angry at the time I decided to age her up to ya. I guess she really didn’t want a birthday because she aged up and keeled over.