Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game seems to ignore the clock

I've been complaining a lot about sims being hungry and well rested when I enter a house at 2AM, and will normally find one household member grilling and none of them in bed, not even toddlers. I'm now adjusting all sims needs every time I enter a house, it gets quite silly, as this is something the game should easily do by checking the clock...

But now it gets even worse...

Today I entered a house at 3AM, and the only sim living there was not at home - he was at the Future sim Lab!!! When I entered the lab he was dressed in his blue lab uniform, although the UI told me that his work will start in 7 hours! So, the game randomly threw him to the lab, without checking the clock? It was not his working hours and I'd rather find him in bed at 3AM. Of course, he is wel rested and quite hungry... and at work where he should not have been...

Anyone else experienced this?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I tried to have him travel back home and wait until the morning to go to work, but when I choose traveling on his phone, it does not affect his actions queue. And there is no top-left "at work UI" so I can't click the "hour wheel" to stop the work shift.

I had to zoom out to the "travel" icon to access the world map... finally made it, but something is very wrong in the nation of future sims lab...
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Is it the same household you play in between breaks? Time keeps moving when you jump between houses, and I find though the sims can stay alive by themselves, they do need constant guidance to stay in routine..?

They tend to also stay on the lot you leave them lol Like if you went to the manage world map, or saved and quit whilst your sim was at the lab, he would stay there indefinitely.. Or say, until you returned to playing his household randomly at 3am? 🙄

Maybe try and pick a better saving time lol? I dunno I’m sure there’s lots of advice on rotational playing on here.. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Due to the game's ridiculousness, I only ever switch households between 6 and 7 am.
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Is it the same household you play in between breaks? Time keeps moving when you jump between houses, and I find though the sims can stay alive by themselves, they do need constant guidance to stay in routine..?

They tend to also stay on the lot you leave them lol Like if you went to the manage world map, or saved and quit whilst your sim was at the lab, he would stay there indefinitely.. Or say, until you returned to playing his household randomly at 3am? 🙄

Maybe try and pick a better saving time lol? I dunno I’m sure there’s lots of advice on rotational playing on here.. :)

The "2AM always hungry but not tired" is the same problem no matter what house I enter. Every house with a BBQ will have a member grilling, and none are in bed sleeping. It's a standard, not something that occasionally happens.

The guy at work at 3AM has not been played in weeks, I must gave played 50 households since the last time I checked on him. But I'm 1000% sure I did not leave him during a "join sim to work" session. I never do, on my rotation I always leave houses during the night because then their day is completed.

I just wish EA would fix this. if this only happens in my game, I need some serious help to stop it...
    Due to the game's ridiculousness, I only ever switch households between 6 and 7 am.

I need to switch before 5AM because if they grow anything I like plants to get activated. Nothing to harvest that day if I enter the lot 6AM. I've learned to adjust my sims' needs every time I enter a house, it gets tedious, but if EA is unable to fix it, there's obviously no other way.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I have noticed when I take one sim out of the house to go somewhere, it's almost like time freezes at the house. So it they had all just work up wide awake and refreshed and full when I left the house they will be that way when I bring the sim back home 20 hours later exhausted and starving. Same goes for when they are distressed. if they are all red when I leave they will be all red when I come back--like they were standing around just waiting to die without that other sim in the house.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If I change my active household during play, rather than resuming one I had saved with a Sim safely in bed, yes. The Sims I switch to are usually randomly engaged, regardless of time of day or most pressing need. If that happens, I am not above cheating needs to set things right before setting them to time-appropriate tasks as I get the household back into regular play.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited March 2020

LOL exactly what I do for the same reason.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited March 2020
    I find every time I play a household I haven't played in even a few days in-game, It takes about an in-game day to get things in order again.

I feel like a naggy parent sometimes to even my adult sims, like everyone is hungry, so I get one sim to start cooking. That sim drops it part way through and goes to the TV. So I'm like, "Nope! Bad Bad! No TV for anyone until the cooking is done! TV goes into household inventory for now! Be a a good little simmie and THEN you can watch TV! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I find every time I play a household I haven't played in even a few days in-game, It takes about an in-game day to get things in order again.

I feel like a naggy parent sometimes to even my adult sims, like everyone is hungry, so I get one sim to start cooking. That sim drops it part way through and goes to the TV. So I'm like, "Nope! Bad Bad! No TV for anyone until the cooking is done! TV goes into household inventory for now! Be a a good little simmie and THEN you can watch TV! :D

LOL, I some times react the same way. I just entered a new house during the night. Of course all 3 sims again had all bars green except the hunger, and mother of the fam was busy making baked potatoes on the grill. I quickly changed their bars to all green except the energy bar. When she suddenly stopped grilling and was on her way to bed, but I stopped her and sent her right back to the BBQ with the message "See how stupid that was, grilling at 2 AM? Now you must complete those potatoes, falling asleep will be no excuse!!!". She did complete them, but I was to weak to force her to eat them all...
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I noticed a similar problem without switching households. For example, when one sim wants to meet their friends at the bar and comes home at 1AM, the other households members' energy bars are suddenly completely filled, even though it's in the middle of the night and I already sent them to bed before the other sim met his friends. I always have to adjust their needs as well and usually don't travel home between 1AM and 6AM because it's too annoying.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    You always find them grilling once you get home from somewhere no matter what.
    ihavemultiplegamertags