Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there are NPCs you would never allow your sim to date or befriend

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Malcolm Laandgrab. I plan to let my Teen Witch use him for target practice. I cannot stand him.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    > @Simtown15 said:
    > My least favorite sim is Penny Pizazz. My first City Living family lived next door to her and she kept waking them up in the middle of the night. My mom sim went to talk to her, but Penny was extremely rude and threw a drink in her face. I try to avoid her now.
    >
    > (Note: I don’t hate her because she’s of color! I had a problem with this when I expressed my dislike for Julia, so I figured I’d say it again.)

I really don't think you needed to express that. If someone assumed you didn't like Penny because of color and called you out for it, they deserve to stay offended.

@drakharis I avoid the kleptos, mean, erratic, and evil sims mostly. as for specific characters, I really hate Don Lothario, Johnny Zest, and All of the Karaoke Legends.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited March 2020
    I've been fazing out as many of the pre-mades as I can now. I'll probably have a cemetery filled with their tombstones after awhile. :D

EDIT: I may bring back some of the pre-mades I originally deleted just to 'cheat' death them to add to my cemetery. :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    NPCs are Non-Player Characters. They are like, the mailman, the repairman, the maid, the pizza delivery person, the gardener, the nanny.
    Townies are the sims who are floating around town and don't live anywhere, and they might be the same at the start of everyone's game, or they might be the one's that are generated by the game as you play, different in everyone's game.
    Pre-made characters however, are sims such as Nina Caliente, Don Lothario, the Goths .. who are residents and have lives (if you go in their house and play them).

Back in the days of The Sims 2, to play a legacy, your sim that you created and put on a lot and play, would only be allowed to marry or move in a townie or an NPC. Part of the fun was seeing how other people's game ended up by marrying or moving in the same NPC or townie. Favourite townies included Goopy because he had a big nose, Samantha Bruty had big lips ... there was a Brandi someone, who was different to the resident Brandi Broke. One of the popular NPC's was Kalynn Langerak, she was one of the maids, and there was Mr. Big ... It was a challenge to play like this because it meant that you couldn't control that sim until they were married or moved into the household, and so that made it interesting and tricky. Part of the fascination was the lucky dip in what their personality, aspirations, money and things they had in their inventory were - except for the one's a lot of people had already tried, you knew from reading their stories. Also was how ugly or attractive (in the eyes of the beholder) their children would be, and the difference it made to give them a make-over. A lot of people ended up actually really enjoying having Goopy in the family, some said he was a good father.

Anyway, so when you're saying you don't like your sims to interact with the NPC Don Lothario, or any of the other residents ... they are pre-mades.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    NPCs are Non-Player Characters. They are like, the mailman, the repairman, the maid, the pizza delivery person, the gardener, the nanny.
    Townies are the sims who are floating around town and don't live anywhere, and they might be the same at the start of everyone's game, or they might be the one's that are generated by the game as you play, different in everyone's game.
    Pre-made characters however, are sims such as Nina Caliente, Don Lothario, the Goths .. who are residents and have lives (if you go in their house and play them).

Back in the days of The Sims 2, to play a legacy, your sim that you created and put on a lot and play, would only be allowed to marry or move in a townie or an NPC. Part of the fun was seeing how other people's game ended up by marrying or moving in the same NPC or townie. Favourite townies included Goopy because he had a big nose, Samantha Bruty had big lips ... there was a Brandi someone, who was different to the resident Brandi Broke. One of the popular NPC's was Kalynn Langerak, she was one of the maids, and there was Mr. Big ... It was a challenge to play like this because it meant that you couldn't control that sim until they were married or moved into the household, and so that made it interesting and tricky. Part of the fascination was the lucky dip in what their personality, aspirations, money and things they had in their inventory were - except for the one's a lot of people had already tried, you knew from reading their stories. Also was how ugly or attractive (in the eyes of the beholder) their children would be, and the difference it made to give them a make-over. A lot of people ended up actually really enjoying having Goopy in the family, some said he was a good father.

Anyway, so when you're saying you don't like your sims to interact with the NPC Don Lothario, or any of the other residents ... they are pre-mades.

I know that and I’m sure others do too, but it just adds to the conversation anyways because the OP was the one who used the term NPC but listed pre-mades.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Nina Caliente, cause she's like a bro to me!
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Clement Frost, but only because one of my sims dated him for a while, and it didn't end well.

They were boyfriend/girlfriend, and he tended to come visit and swoop her up and kiss her passionately. He also tended to show up at her house in a foul mood and kick over her trash cans.

One night, he invited her out for a date, and when she arrived, she was so happy to see him that she went in for a kiss, and he rebuffed her.

She'd had enough of his shenanigans, so the next day she invited him to a public place and broke up with him. He went ballistic. I still remember his twisted angry face as he glared at her while wearing that blue suit.

He wasn't a jolly person at all, and I have my sims avoid relationships with him.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The premade merfolk. I am not a fan of mermaids in the Sims. I was hoping they would be more interesting but nope they are worse in this iteration.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Vlad.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @KiniHokulani So Alex is for the tutorial? I’ve always wondered who she was and why she’s immortal... I don’t like the immortal sims because I have MCCC and, after a few generations, they have like 50 kids in the town.
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    The Calientes and Don Lothario 😅

I just don't like them, I think they are boring. Also this household with Scott Travis and Summer Holiday, I just feel bored if I just see them..
    For some reason Travis is married to one of my first created sims ever and they have 3 sons, so I was playing them for a while. But actually that household just occupies a house that a played family could use better. Most of the premades I kicked out of the house and they roam homeless in my world.
    Oh and the famous Sims, Judith and The Baileys.. never touched them. I don't even bother to take them out of their houses, because the whole Del Sol Valley sucks.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @KiniHokulani So Alex is for the tutorial? I’ve always wondered who she was and why she’s immortal... I don’t like the immortal sims because I have MCCC and, after a few generations, they have like 50 kids in the town.

So basically, Alex Moyer is the real mother plant and is taking over the SimNation via reproduction.
    edited September 2020
    Deleted

• BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    Thorne Bailey himself. I'm fine with the rest of his family, but when I was trying to build up a celebrity he'd constantly show up wherever she was just to hog attention. It was even worse when my own sim would stop doing what I was telling her to pass out at his feet.

Re: Alex Moyer I don't hate her, but her immortality bothered me enough that I created a mod to remove it. Now she can die and age like any normal sim.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Any of the Caliente women. I'm still bitter about the Bella Goth thing from TS2 and I'm sure they were involved.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited March 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    Any of the Caliente women. I'm still bitter about the Bella Goth thing from TS2 and I'm sure they were involved.

Oh that they were.... er- Dina was. There's too many concordances. Personally that's also why I like her so much. In TS2 she's so complex and has so many layers...
    In TS4 though, she's just an average girl-next-door...
    edited March 2020
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

Oh that they were.... er- Dina was. There's too many concordances. Personally that's also why I like her so much. In TS2 she's so complex and has so many layers...
    In TS4 though, she's just an average girl-next-door...

I love the story behind them though. Ha! For me, they're those characters that you love to hate. Still not going to let any of my sims be friends with them, let alone date them. :p
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    All of them - they're all just so ugly, and now they keep playing the violin too! :s I can cope with befriending sometimes, but the crazy appearances and odd looks really put me off because it makes it all feel unrealistic. So I delete as many as I can and try and fill my worlds and household bin with my own or gallery sims.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I am working on marrying all the premades into my large rotational families, so I mostly have them completely ignore all random townies and for now the unhoused sims like the mermaids and Dirk Dreamer and Erwin Pries. I had a few townies drawn in before I made that rule, and I may change my mind about the unhoused once I use up all the housed premades, but for now that's what I'm doing.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    All of the male pre-mades, townies and NPCs have tiny eyes. I'm currently playing the Roomies household, with J, Zoe and .. the other two. I think Zoe and Gavin are going to get together. However, I think I'm going to have to edit Gavin's eyes to be bigger, more open. Definitely I will need to doctor J and the other guy's eyes if they are to breed with anyone. Do you agree? I remember when this game was launched, there was a problem with the males getting squinty eyes even after making them not, especially in their grown male children. Is that still the case? Will I be editing these pre-mades' eyes for nothing or will it stick?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    edited September 2020
    Deleted

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have an irrational hatred of Summer Holiday.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

citysimmer wrote: »

You aren't the only one. I'm not sure why but I just can't like her.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

Me too, probably because she just looks so generic and boring
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff