Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim gets disliked by every new sim he meets

Whenever my sim meets someone new, their relationship immediately starts at the "disliked" stage, even if it was just a friendly introduction. When they keep talking however, they still talk to each other in a friendly way. He doesn't have a bad reputation. He also isn't a vampire, so it can't be because of a weakness either. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I only noticed this issue after restarting my game.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    As a Judith Ward afficionado, all I can think of is a celebrity with a bad rep trying to be friendly when they introduce themselves.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    He isn't a celebrity, though I guess I've already found the culprit. Literally just minutes after I posted this, he got a bad reputation for fighting with other sims in public. It seems like the effects of the bad reputation were already there and the game didn't catch up in time lol

I like to build stuff
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Hah see! But I thought you needed the perks to have a negative start. The more we know!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited March 2020
    Hmm... Do you have Get Together expansion pack?
    Perhaps your sim is currently gathering in a club that has Infamous Club perk. This perk has this effect when your sim meets new sims while gathering. One of the pre-made clubs that have that is Renegades.
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    He isn't a celebrity, though I guess I've already found the culprit. Literally just minutes after I posted this, he got a bad reputation for fighting with other sims in public. It seems like the effects of the bad reputation were already there and the game didn't catch up in time lol

Oh, nevermind. Fighting is a pretty effective way to lower sim's reputation.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Hmm... Do you have Get Together expansion pack?
    Perhaps your sim is currently gathering in a club that has Infamous Club perk. This perk has this effect when your sim meets new sims while gathering. One of the pre-made clubs that have that is Renegades.
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

Oh, nevermind. Fighting is a pretty effective way to lower sim's reputation.

Your suggestion actually could've had to do with it as well, since he was indeed at a club gathering at this moment, and the club does have the infamous perk.

I like to build stuff
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    @Huiiie_07 , is your sim a Spellcaster? If so, it's possible for them to get a curse of unwarranted hostility (I can't remember the exact title but it comes up as a green boxing glove icon on your Sim's needs panel), which will randomly make nearby Sims want to fight your sim.
    @Huiiie_07 , is your sim a Spellcaster? If so, it's possible for them to get a curse of unwarranted hostility (I can't remember the exact title but it comes up as a green boxing glove icon on your Sim's needs panel), which will randomly make nearby Sims want to fight your sim.

Nope, not a spellcaster

I like to build stuff
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It's definitely the infamous perk. If your sim is in a popular club you get a nice boost and an infamous club gives a bigger negative on introduction.
    egTcBMc.png