Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Babysitters and Mods

Sorry if this is the wrong place but does anyone know of a mod to make babysitters charge based on the time they were at the house rather than a flat $75? I have 2 adult sims, one that works 9-3 and another that works 3-8, so at 2 or so when i send the second to work it prompts me to call a babysitter, only to have my first sim return home within the hour and the babysitter did nothing for $75. Or a mod to allow sims to leave the lot as long as an adult sim will return within an hour or 2. Thanks in advance!
hLhdCsO.jpg

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    I think you can change that with the Register Mod - https://www.nraas.net/community/Register-Interactions
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I faced a situation like that long ago, but the two shifts only (sort of) overlapped a couple of days per week. What I did on those two days was send the second sim with the baby/toddler to just outside of the first sim's workplace and essentially hand them over and rush off to work as soon as the first sim came outside. That made the second sim late for work of course, but not by much and I did them in turns by making the first sim leave work a bit early every other time. The job performance and pay hits weren't that huge.

That did get tiresome after a while and I did end up back with babysitters and having to remember to call for them insanely early because this family lived in a LN highrise, but by the time I got tired of that too the kid was ready to age up to a child.

Another way, especially if you play on very long baby and toddler life spans, is to add another adult to the household.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Another way, especially if you play on very long baby and toddler life spans, is to add another adult to the household.

Like a live-in nanny. :smile:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member

I think my sims prefer the term Professional Domestic Child Care and Development Engineer (or something like that), but yes Nanny works too. Or even a friend of the family who has a different (or no) work schedule and is capable of watching over young ones for a sim hour or two here and there. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member

Plumbot with the Robonanny chip works wonders. Competent Cleaner and Handibot work great, too.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Plumbot with the Robonanny chip works wonders. Competent Cleaner and Handibot work great, too.

Exactly. I know about that and have just such a Plumbot in one of my multi-generational households for that reason.