The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies are not diverse

Hi :) Is there a mod for more randomly generated townies? Now I only have townies with asian (mostly) and some hispanic names and appearances. (FYI it would also bother me if every townie sim was caucasian with only american names as well! I want diversity in my game and having exclusively asian or hispanic townies is not diverse to me. Just had to point that out, back to my question..)

Is there a mod or fix for this? I know more people are experiencing this but I can't find a fix for it.
Would appreciate any help, thanks :)

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    TBH, I don't know but, I would like to know if there's any relationship between the Sims we created with the townies auto-generated by the game. For example, say, if we created or are playing with the Caucasian Sims, will the game generated Asian Sims just to keep the ratio balance or at least meet the quota, which is also depending on the max limits that we've set for the saved game?

I don't have the answer, but I do understand why would you want to fix it. I never tested my hypothesis, but I do have a pretty much a mix Sims in my game. So, I do have an acceptable ratio of generated Sims in my game.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This is the reason I disabled City Living.
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Is this the case no matter world you play? I mean, I like the international feel in San Myshuno, but I'd find it weird in Brindleton Bay...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I find that, since I got City Living, that the majority of generated townies is predominantly Asian, Hispanic or North African with Arabic names. I like to keep a realistic balance of diversity and the Townies represent all the different suburbs and towns of the Sim City so I do alter names, change appearances and get rid of some of them to get it more balanced.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Is this the case no matter world you play? I mean, I like the international feel in San Myshuno, but I'd find it weird in Brindleton Bay...

In my game it happens more if my Sims either live or hang out a lot in San Myshuno (which most of them do).

I have to say though, the names don't really bother me that much. And if the Sims actually looked Asian or Hispanic or whatever it would not bother me either. What bothers me is that the game constantly generates Sims with the combination of any eye shape with an epicanthic fold + bright red/blond hair or very dark skin + bright red/blond hair. But at least combined with tacky and unflattering make-up choices for the ladies and the pear-shaped body type for men, it really distracts from the awful outfits with all the accessories! Most importantly, the eyeball ring that goes with everything and apparently never goes out of style!
    Sorry, that was off-topic. Please, carry on.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    TBH, I don't know but, I would like to know if there's any relationship between the Sims we created with the townies auto-generated by the game. For example, say, if we created or are playing with the Caucasian Sims, will the game generated Asian Sims just to keep the ratio balance or at least meet the quota, which is also depending on the max limits that we've set for the saved game?

I don't have the answer, but I do understand why would you want to fix it. I never tested my hypothesis, but I do have a pretty much a mix Sims in my game. So, I do have an acceptable ratio of generated Sims in my game.

Thanks for your answer. I have a wide variety of different sims in my game, but still no diversity in the townies generated unfortunately.
    Evie0602 wrote: »

Thank you! Can't believe I didn't find this while googling before. Thanks, I'll download and check it out. :)

I haven't played much in world lately, but the game generate homeless sims in the unplayed sims list, and it just generates new ones if I delete them.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I got rid of the names with a mod, but I can't find the download link anymore. However, I also got it more with the intention to make townies spawn with English names, because I play the game in German and the vanilla game always spawns townies with really old-school German names. As for the appearance of randomly generated townies, it feels pretty balanced in my game. I didn't notice more Asian or African sims than Caucasian sims, for example.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff