Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you get a sim from university to move into your normal world

Does anyone know if this is possible

Comments

• kora234simkora234sim Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2013
    After you return home you can invite foreign visitors from your cell then get your relationship high enough to marry/ask to move in.
  • KalidahannKalidahann Posts: 14 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Komi not seeing the option yet ill keep trying
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited March 2013
    This has driven me mad today. 3 times I've invited the lovely nerd Richard to visit his girlfriend who's now back in Aurora Skies, he's turned up on 3 seperate days, they date hang out, have a meal etc but no matter what she does the option to ask to move in never appears.
    The relationship is as high as it can be, they can make out even woohoo but the move in question is never there. She can't seem to propose marriage either, so it looks like he might get away :(
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think I've been replying this in more than one thread already, but they sink so fast, so here are a few things:

1. The invite over option is not on the phone. You need to go to the relationship panel and click the sim to get that option.

2. So, there might be a glitch on some people's games with going steady and getting married and stuff, but this is how it worked for me: I got my sim to go steady at the university, and when she invited her boyfriend to her home world, I just got their relationship bar high and got that "finds very alluring" thing, and then my sim proposed for marriage. After that I could've done the quick wedding, but instead I threw a party the same day (which was a little chaotic), but I got them married, and the boyfriend became a member of my household. I didn't see "ask to move in" -option anywhere, when my sim flirted with him to get the relationship high enough.

3. If the going steady or getting married thing doesn't work, it might not be a glitch. What I've learned from other people's posts is that the sim invited over may already be in a relationship. So I guess while at university, asking if single might be a good idea :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited March 2013
    The "Ask To Move In" interaction will come up under friendly actions when the other sim finds the conversation to be "sociable." AKA, do one or two friendly actions and it will show up.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited March 2013
    With testingcheats on, can't you just shift-click on the sim you invited over. There should be an option to add-sim to your household. I do that in the normal world anyway, but I have not tried this on foreign or uni visitors yet.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited March 2013
    Things have gone from bad to worse, Richard Randal is no longer even showing as a Uni student (greyed out in relationship panel with university symbol). Now he's showing up with her regular friends in that panel and does appear to have moved himself to Aurora Skies as he's now working as a barista at the local coffee shop.
    Maybe he just liked the place and didn't want to go back. But she still can't propose a thing whether it's marriage or just plain move in, so it looks like he's corrupted somehow in my game.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited March 2013
    Scrapdash, I'm having the same problem with my game, that your having with yours. :(

But only difference is my Sim found her match on the Sim Finder, and I beleive he came from University. Fredrick Sanderson is my sim's boyfriend, and they can makeout and woohoo, but the option of 'Ask To Move In' is never there.

They can have a private Wedding. But I want the boyfriend to move in first so I can have the boyfriend marry her. I did have them get engaged, but that's it cause I want my sim to get HIS lastname.
    edited April 2013
    Scrapdash, I'm having the same problem with my game, that your having with yours. :(

But only difference is my Sim found her match on the Sim Finder, and I beleive he came from University. Fredrick Sanderson is my sim's boyfriend, and they can makeout and woohoo, but the option of 'Ask To Move In' is never there.

They can have a private Wedding. But I want the boyfriend to move in first so I can have the boyfriend marry her. I did have them get engaged, but that's it cause I want my sim to get HIS lastname.

You know you can always send the couple to the city hall to change their last names after the wedding, if you get them married and they have the girls last name. I actually think the couple will get the last name of the proposing sim anyway. So, if you got them engaged, and the boy is still not member of the household, I assume your girl did the proposing? In that case the wedding doesn't matter any more. They will get the girls last name, but they both can go and change it.

I always like my sim couples to keep their own last names, so after my sim married Eddy Mullis from university, and my sim was the one proposing, the next day I sent Eddy to change his last name back to what it had been.

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2013
    There seems to be a problem with peoples understanding of University Life let me try to explain as someone pointed it out too me.

Since WA came out before they switched to base game patching. Some people may have the ability invite and talk long distant friends. This options came with World Adventures. So did the accelerated story progression. If you do not have World Adventures installed you will have to wait until the University students will eventually move into your base neighborhood after graduation.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    edited April 2013
    Sid1701D9 wrote:
    There seems to be a problem with peoples understanding of University Life let me try to explain as someone pointed it out too me.

Since WA came out before they switched to base game patching. Some people may have the ability invite and talk long distant friends. This options came with World Adventures. So did the accelerated story progression. If you do not have World Adventures installed you will have to wait until the University students will eventually move into your base neighborhood after graduation.

You don't need to have WA to talk to or invite university sims over. I don't have WA and my sim invited her university boyfriend over and now they're married.

Edit: And before you start telling me the boyfriend had already moved to my sim's neighbourhood, no he hadn't. My sim invited him over from whatever place he was living in outside my world, and he said he'd arrive at nine in the morning the next day, and so he did.

• tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited April 2013
    Thank you kati77.

That was helpful! :D
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Most people seem to miss the fact that to invite a Sim to move in with your household you need to use friendly social actions until they feel you are being socialable. Then you can find the Ask to Move In option in the friendly social actions.

If you or the Sim flirt the friendly status gets reset to ...thinks your okay. You have to keep trying until they think you're being socialable.
  • TkstarzTkstarz Posts: 3 New Member
    In Sims 3 University you can change the lot type from a community lot to a residential lot (my sim started dating someone in a frat when she went to university). Once the lot is converted into a residence you can split up the household. I removed my sim's boyfriend from the frat house and I placed a copy of the desired sim from the university into my library then returned back to my hometown where I placed the copy of the sim into his girlfriend's house, in which he became a playable sim. The only downside is they have to restart their romance, however at least they can finally marry.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Tkstarz- There are other ways to accomplish that without having to work with a binned copy of the foreign world (Uni) sim, but rather the actual one. If you wish to discuss that further I can start a new thread for you (let me know here or on my wall), but we can't really have a conversation on a 7 year old thread because it's against the rules to necropost and a moderator will likely lock it up on us before we are finished.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top