Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Goals

Howdy Doo fellow simmers, this is my first Discussion Post so why not propose a burning question? What is your current goal--or goals-- you want to accomplish for Sims 3? Is it to complete a collection? Max out a sim's skill? Finally complete a challenge you're doing? Find all the Things? Get all the achievements? Let me and everyone else know! I'm quite the curious cat.

Personally, my Sims 3 Goal is to finish my Echantacy Legacy as soon as I get my new computer.
original.gif
Just a little Smile.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I always have the same goal in all my saves. To make a legacy reach the 10th generation, keep a screenshot's album and enjoy looking back at it :)
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Currently playing a Sims 3 version of the Decades challenge, so my goal is to finish it( so far it’s my favorite challenge I’ve done, so I will probably finish it). At the moment I’m in the 1930s Gameplay wise and almost to the 20s in my recording of it.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I don't do challenges, and I guess my play is more a legacy style, but my sims lives are epic. Its been 3 years and my current sims have finally aged from teen to YA and had their first set of kids. I let my sims tell stories and my current family I'm playing started in April of 2017. If I need a break from them, I go to one of my other families. The current quest is for Adam to find his true family. He has found and proved his mothers side, and awaiting results on his fathers side to be proved or not as a Grandson of the Fairy King and possible heir to the kingdom as his suspected father was the heir to the throne before he died.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I’m attempting the lepacy challenge, but so far it’s going terribly. Last time I played, my founder got robbed.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I am playing a sort of TS3/Sim City kind of challenge.
    As my sim's wealth and investment in rabbit holes and community lots grows, Sunset Vally is upgraded with nice looking lots and content from the other expansion packs and the TS3 store.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My current goal is to finish the world I'm making in CAW, so I can start playing again. After that, I'm not sure what my next goal will be.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I always have some kind of goal...10 generation legacy, a sim that earns all six degrees (I had one earn 4 out of 6 before she died of old age). Right now...I really don't have one...The closest I have ever gotten to that 10 generations is 7... with everything that is happening in the world right now...I just might get to 10 on that legacy or all 6 degrees. Sadly, I live in one of the states that is in complete lockdown and I am only working one day a week... :(
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    My only goal is to play with my family, which I play with since Supernatural came out and write about it here: They nearly always give me inspiration what to do next. If they are, exceptionally, not an inspiration I play with a new Sim in a completely new world, try to discover it, make it my own, always in mind that this new world could be added into my main game and be a new hometown for the extended family.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I don't really set goals.I'm more of a storyteller and like to do different stories with my sims.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I have a very ambitious goal, one which I have been working towards since 2013. My goal consists of three (x3) major sections.

1- To Create Living Worlds
    To create the 'Living World' which EA describes in the owner's manual. These worlds are ones which are varied and dynamic. They are shaped by the collective society (community) of its residents. These are places where Sims can truly autonomously 'live' according to their own wants and desires. Every thing I add to these worlds, I place there for Sims autonomous use (or not). I remove myself from their equation.

2- Allow Sims to Naturally Progress and Develop
    I develop Sims according to who they show themselves to be instead of what the sum total of their traits, LTW or job tries to 'force' them to be. This process is too detailed to go into on this thread. I will say that it has taken a long time to straighten out many of the messes The Sim's Team made when they created the Townies; and I still have many left to go.

3- Tell Their Story
    And finally, to unify the lore of their collective stories based on what is written as fact from their creators (The Sims Team, Maxis and Electronic Arts). There are so many super hidden clues which lead to the potential for a solid linear story about the state and history of SimNation as it is in their current time.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Currently, in my Montoya Family save, I'm trying to create a long story through generations which so much genetics, inherited traits and favorites, and complete some achievements and LTWs in the process.

I also really want to make one of the sims a Private Investigator so I can add some mystery into the storyline.

I'm really just doing it to see how my storytelling goes.

You can read it at my blog linked below in my signature, in case any of you haven't yet.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    My main goal is attempting to do it all. All the careers, professions, lifetime wishes, degrees, death types, lifetime reward objects, etc.

Currently (after playing one particular world for seven (!!) years) I have completed all the careers and all the professions to the top level, except the Singer.

There's one LTW that I can't get, even after six or seven tries in different ways, which is "The Ark Builder".
    The only other one left to do is of course Vocal Legend, which I'll have once my Singer completes her career track. She's getting there...

There's one death type that I can't seem to accomplish, which is 'Shark Attack'. Sims just refuse to die, no matter how often they get mauled by sharks.
    I still have to get a Sim to die of the 'Buried Alive' trick in the magic box, but I am sure I can manage that one. I'm just not ready to kill my current magician just yet. (My previous one died of the 'Watery Grave' magic box trick.)

And then all that's left is to have some Sims form a band and get to the top of that career. I've never, in all these years, had a band.

My second goal (which is the main reason why my 'do it all' goal has taken 7 years) is to play all the pre-mades in all the EA worlds for at least two Sim-days. I'm not very far with that one, because I tend to get sidetracked... I'm currently playing Bridgeport, which is my 9th world in this particular challenge.
    I like to leave each world with everyone in the proper career, with a story going, and a properly decorated house. And with all the necessary community lots in place (and altered to suit the vibe of the world, if necessary).

I do not now, and never plan to have, a life. :D
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don't really set goals.I'm more of a storyteller and like to do different stories with my sims.

Same here!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Finish a story but behind the scenes, complete my badge collection because it's the one social aspect I actually enjoy.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CIariteaCIaritea Posts: 48 Member
    My goal is to have myself and my favorite celebrity made into a sim and we become romantically involved...
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    Currently, I am playing a modified Sim from the bin. I didn’t change her genetics but changed her clothes and hair. She married Christopher Steel, had two kids, and now has 3 grandkids. My goal is just to continue her family line, through all the towns I own.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    My goal in the game right now is to make a new world. Find the world story and build it. :)
    I don't have it yet. :(
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @Rflong7, if you're looking for world stories, why not pop over to MTS and look in the challenge section? Most of the time, people there write a short story to go along with their challenge, so perhaps they might give you some inspiration? :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member

^Yup! :mrgreen:

Legacies were never my thing...I have done a challenge once and it was fun. In fact doing one is what got me storytelling with the Sims in the first place. :blush:

So my current goal to keep writing and eventually finish my current sim story. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    My TS3 goals generally involve some combination of world/lot makeovers and building things, with my created Sims intended to achieve specific milestones and aspirations as part of a storyline. I alternate between several saves, which all have different stories and objectives.

For my most recently played save, I’m playing a fairy-genie hybrid and the child he abducted. While the story itself progresses, my goal is for the child to master all skills and complete every skill challenge.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    @Pary wrote: »
    @Rflong7, if you're looking for world stories, why not pop over to MTS and look in the challenge section? Most of the time, people there write a short story to go along with their challenge, so perhaps they might give you some inspiration? :)

Thank you, I'll go look into it. :mrgreen:
  • TalonflareTalonflare Posts: 47 Member
    Hearing all about you guys' goals makes me excited to get back to my own simming! Unfortunately, it'll have to wait for a little while longer still. *screams*

Hey @Pary,

"Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox", where does that quote come from, if you don't mind me asking?
    original.gif
    Just a little Smile.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2020
    It was from an article I read when Sims 4 was in its first stages of release, but now I can't remember exactly where I read it. I do remember now, but I don't know if this safe space forum will like the link so I'm not going to post it.
    It was just so true, that it really resonated with me, so I used it.

Edit - I've posted most of the little article below - the funny parts, but also very sad, because I feel it is very true.
    You can't sell DLC if everything is included in the basic game, so they decided nothing would be included in the base game. They stripped out everything but the word "Sims" and a few models that word could refer to, but far fewer models than were included in Sims 3. A customizable open world sandbox became a DLC catalog in a shoebox. Replace your Netflix with a VHS player and you'll have some idea of the "upgrade" and more freedom than Sims 4 players because you're still able to record your own tapes without paying EA.

Get to work (so that you can afford the rest of the game)!

The powerful Sims 3 Create-A-Style was removed, because making your own home perfect might be the entire point of the game, but it doesn't generate microtransactions. They didn't just find the minimum line for a sequel, they erased half the line and offered players a $40 marker. This sequel didn't build on the previous game; it mugged it, stole its identity, and is busy emptying its house for short-term profits.

also on topic, I'm still trying to achieve my goal of having a family of all ghost colours.

Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @Pary Wow! How true that all is! I tried playing Sims 4 for a while, but just couldn't stick with it. There's not enough for me to do in it to keep me interested. Plus, I already have all the expansions for Sims 3 and the only reason I would have to get all the Sims 4 packs would be to get the features I already have in Sims 3, but everything plays better on the computer .. maybe.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

My goal this week is to make good progress on the Disneyland Paris resort I’m creating for the Orient Express community world collaboration. Haven’t gotten further than creating the flower garden of Mickeys face and the front facade of the hotel so a long way to go.