Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you rotate the floor tiles?

AsylvanAsylvan Posts: 54 New Member
I noticed several tiles that are obviously meant to be rotated to make designs in the floors but I can't figure out how to rotate them...Any one know?

Comments

• DarthFurgDarthFurg Posts: 300 New Member
    edited June 2009
    < and > keys :D
  • AsylvanAsylvan Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow thanks for the speedy response :)
  • EssehmEssehm Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This didnt work for me! it just moved the view :( please help
  • glitzyangelglitzyangel Posts: 1,100 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Essehm wrote:
    do you use . and , on the keyboard?
    They are working for me
  • PeachesMcGeePeachesMcGee Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Good lord, I've been trying to figure that out forever. lol!
  • Wolfgoddess56Wolfgoddess56 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    same here, thanks for the answer
  • YlimeeYlimee Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    :mrgreen:
    Yay! Thank you!
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2012
    Essehm wrote:

Not the arrow keypad, the actual < and > keys.
  • elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited June 2012
    it took me ages to learn that too lol. It's the < > as others have said (which is also the , . keys)
  • kenancan8kenancan8 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    İ tried it also but it seems like I have a problem or my computur has one.I tried the . , and >< these keys it doesn't work.I forgot to say that I'm a macbook user. Pleas help me! :cry:
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited July 2013
    This doesn't work for me either. All it does it to spin my view slightly to either the left or to the right. It doesn't alter the pattern design at all though, however.
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited July 2013
    This doesn't work for me either. All it does it to spin my view slightly to either the left or to the right. It doesn't alter the pattern design at all though, however.

Not sure what is the problem exactly, but this is what you'd have to do to rotate floor tiles:

First you have to select the floor-tile what you'd like to rotate - from the list or use the 'copy'-tool and click on it - then hover it to the floor where you'd like to place it, then use the , or . keys to rotate it.
    (I'm not sure, but maybe you used the , or . keys before you selected the floor-tile itself, this causes that the game use those keys as control keys to spin.)

The same with the half-tiles - first select the tile with clicking on it from the list or with the copy-tool, than press Ctrl+F (the game goes to half-tile mode), now you can rotate the tile the same way with the ., keys.

I hope it helps. :)
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2013
    this is said in the loading screen, just look at it
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    edited July 2013
    And then don't forget that different languages have different keyboard settings... just to add to the confusion...
  • NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2013

I once had no idea I could even rotate the tiles!

But yes, it is the < & > Keys ( , & . )
  • foxtartfoxtart Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I had trouble with this too, seeing as the < and > keys (aka the , and . keys) would rotate this screen and not change the floor tile.

Chances are you might be using a mouse if this is happening to you. If thats the case, with the flooring you want to place selected and while hovering over the floor you want to change, just click the scroll wheel on your mouse and the floor tile will rotate!

If you're not using a mouse and still having trouble, I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more help.
  • BubbledollsimBubbledollsim Posts: 2 New Member
    SO! For those of you that can't make it work, all you need to do is select single tile placement, press and hold CTRL and then press one of the < > keys and click and drag to place. I couldn't get it to work on the entire floor placement, only single tile placement with drag. Hope this helps!!
  • sketchrattosketchratto Posts: 1 New Member
    If people are still looking for this, as the person above said, I believe you can't rotate the tiles with full floor placement (at least not using the same keys), but I didn't have to hold CTRL just used the < > (, .) keys with a single tile placement and it should work (as said, you can then drag it to fill the space as normal)
  • RinusCRinusC Posts: 1 New Member
    My keyboard is a Danish one, I do not have a "and" nor a "or" key on it.
    The "&" button doesn't work either. So how do I turn the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 tiles?
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top