Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Object Voting Results

Comments

• Amethyst_CrystalAmethyst_Crystal Posts: 1 New Member
    Over half of the things that made it were things I voted for! Super happy with these results! I couldnt believe the rocking chair I wanted actually won, because it's more old-fashioned so I thought others wouldn't like it. :)
  • Nina_14Nina_14 Posts: 1 New Member
    13 of my choices made it and 9 runner-ups got in as well, so that's nearly all of the picks, yay! I guess I'm a very stereotypical player XD
    My only heartbreaks are the suitcase ottoman, knit coathanger, and the mint entrance mail & key wall shelf(so cute and efficient!), but I literally had to go look them up to remember they existed, so I guess I'll get over it fast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm extremely happy overall!
    As many are remarking, I hope these are not the only items from the pack, as half of them are crafted so only a dozen are in-game from the get-go, players would be super upset if this were the case. By now I hope they know better than that and plan on beefing it up with additional items yet to be disclosed, then again we are talking about EA🙄
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2020
    Beggars can't be choosers I guess. I'd say %50 is pretty good. I didn't care for the build items except for beautiful oval window and the arched window right after.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    No stained glass window?! C'mon!
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    Quite pleased with the results, 10 of my picks made it, and I am not mad about the rest.
    I really really want that Grim Reaper Doll to be a level 10 item you knit and you can gift it to the Grim Reaper to save a sim from death.

That's a great idea! Gifting a tiny grim reaper that you knitted especially for them to anyone else would be a little awkward, definitely a bad omen for that relationship.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Really wanted the doggy plushie and the blue couch set but I'm still very happy with what we got :blush:
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Really wanted the doggy plushie and the blue couch set but I'm still very happy with what we got :blush:

I wanted the blue couch set as well, since I found the yellow one which won looked rather similar to the one we got in Tiny Living. But I realize not everyone owns that pack and in the end, with the different textures and color swatches, they might turn out more different.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    oh also the house shaped wall shelves please make it singular object! with wood swatch perhaps too?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I think almost all objects that I voted for made it.

Thank you for sharing.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited March 2020
    Nine items that I voted for made the final cut, so I'm happy about those but overall I'm not loving the final selection.

I'm disappointed that there's only one build item, I was hoping for a matching window and some new wallpaper too. I don't know... a lot of this stuff just seems like clutter decor or kids toys that require the knitting skill - something I'll probably do once and then never do again. I can't see myself getting a lot of use out of the catalog objects either, so I'm kinda bummed about that.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    I voted for pretty much all of the cat-related things, but none of them seem to have made it. :c That makes me a little bummed, but there are other things that I voted for that did make it so I guess it's alright. I'm glad we got some hanging plants and a woven carpet, but sad about the cat-things and the super cute little potted strawberry plant.

But overall, with 121 items to pick from, only 28 (not counting the crafting baskets and the rocking chairs, since those were guaranteed to be included) getting in feels a little...little.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'd like to have more items still.

I can't actually remember which ones I voted for, but I focused on the Craftables.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Game changer Iron Seagull posted a video of the results and in the video there's a tweet from one of the gurus where they state that the items which won are guaranteed, but that they might add more into the final pack.

I sincerely hope they add a few more craftables, especially the pink cat toy. There should be way more knittable items in a knitting pack.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    So sad the rainbow dresser didn't make the cut !! But happy to see all hanging plants.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Peruna wrote: »
    I voted for pretty much all of the cat-related things, but none of them seem to have made it.

I know :( I was thankful that at least the Grim Reaper toy got in, and one or two other items I picked, but I am seriously disappointed by the lack of cat-related things.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    Is there a list of number that won, I wrote the numbers I picked but don't remember exactly which ones they were.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    So happy the grim reaper doll made it. I thought you'd all vote against humour!
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    I really really want that Grim Reaper Doll to be a level 10 item you knit and you can gift it to the Grim Reaper to save a sim from death.

That's a great idea! Gifting a tiny grim reaper that you knitted especially for them to anyone else would be a little awkward, definitely a bad omen for that relationship.

I think it would be really funny! Knitted gifts for your enemies.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited March 2020
    pinkish wrote: »
    Is there a list of number that won, I wrote the numbers I picked but don't remember exactly which ones they were.

53, 113, 19, 114, 3, 74, 91, 50, 43, knitting baskets 6 & 1
    86, 16, 40, 38, 49, 44, 41, 15, 37, 29, 67, rocking chair 9
    81, 95, 28, 105, 46, 18, 79, 68

My votes that got in: knitting basket 6 and rocking chair, plus 3, 19, 28, 38, 41, 53, 74, 81, 86, 95 so... 12 out of 31 items.
  • Kaley_KaleKaley_Kale Posts: 71 Member
    The penguin looks adorable, but I don't buy stuff packs, it's a waste of money.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I am delighted that so many craftable items made it into the pack; I am also really happy that 18 of the items that I voted for were selected by others too -- enough that they won. As for the other 10 items, many were objects I would have voted for had there been more than 28 slots available, but I ran out of space. I am only a little bit disappointed about 4 items that I voted for not being chosen. These were the oval stained glass window (which admittedly might be more suitable in any other pack than a knitting pack), the craftable coat tree (we don't have enough of those), the cute little tragic clown (more toys please) and that pretty little multi-coloured single tile dresser. Yet even these are not a big deal -- all the chosen objects are truly cute and will contribute to a great pack. This is so much better than the disappointment of the CAS selection (which was mainly disappointing to me because there were not enough unique, toddler and kids items that made it in).

On the whole, I am well satisfied with the winning Build Buy items here. I love that we will get two knitting "baskets": the canvas bag will be great for knitters that like to travel and knit in parks, libraries, public spaces etc away from home while the box with the unfinished bunny will look great in a Crafting studio or DIY workroom or by a fireside. The rocking chair was my first choice and I sincerely hope we get both versions (with arms and without); it would be nice if we also got a cushionless version but I know that is not likely. I love all the plushies and the two toys, and I hope, like others, that they come with lots of different swatches and varied colours and patterns. Since we didn't get the pink kitty, for instance (which I also voted for), I hope we get a pink or red bear with a patterned (or differently styled) coverall. In general, like others in this thread, I hope we get additional swatches with earth tones, jewel tones and pale tones for all the objects, and not just the pastels (or, in the case of Grimmie, the plain grey). I like these colours, but I would like more choice as well.

There should be some splits among the objects too. I like the shelf shaped like three houses, but I hope they also give us an additional separated version with 1 house of each of the three only, so that the shelf can be rearranged in any order or arrangement. Ditto the embroidered wall decor item: it should be separated into individual hoops and flowers, etc, so that we can have multiple arrangements of individual elements (as well as the big object). I am also mystified as to why this item was not made craftable when #1 (which was three embroidered hoops) was; they really should rethink this and make it craftable after all. Even the knitting clutter and the macrame frame with the coffee cup could be separated. I know Brazen Lotus or some other modder could do it, but it would be even better if EA did it. We need something to put on all the shelves in the game.

I am pleased that there are some bigger items too, like the pouf, the rug, the knitted cactus and the mailbox cover. I hope these items take longer to knit and require more skill. (The turtle should also take a lot of skill because it looks so complicated -- cute but complicated with all the colours).

I also hope the developers make the holiday sweaters that came in the Holiday Pack (and some of the base game hats and other garments, like socks) knittable, with successful and fail states, so we have more CAS knitting options that require real skill and that are useable in game. I can think of some Seasons items (that nice, thick short sleeved sweater, for instance) that it would be nice to be able to knit. If they make a lot of existing clothing items knittable, that would be an excellent way to make up for the deficiencies of the CAS vote (in my view).
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    pinkish wrote: »

53, 113, 19, 114, 3, 74, 91, 50, 43, knitting baskets 6 & 1
    86, 16, 40, 38, 49, 44, 41, 15, 37, 29, 67, rocking chair 9
    81, 95, 28, 105, 46, 18, 79, 68

My votes that got in: knitting basket 6 and rocking chair, plus 3, 19, 28, 38, 41, 53, 74, 81, 86, 95 so... 12 out of 31 items.

Thank you so much for your quick response: I got the chair and the basket, plus I picked 11that make the cut. So I got 13 of 31 items.
    I just wish they would hurry up with the last couple of steps......
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited March 2020
    aw disappointed in this, barely anything I liked made it in, though I did vote the turtle and rug and rocking chair, I was really hoping for the purple wallpaper and strawberry plant and windows. Most the items that made it in were on my list of "few things I actually don't like" when I liked most everything haha.

However, I'll still get the pack, as I love the cas items that made it and the idea of knitting lol.

Edit: actually the little teddy bear I wanted made it in too, so that's fine and I don't mind the desk/shelves/mailbox, just disappointed my very favourites didn't make it haha, but would still be a great pack.

In my perfect world I'd replace grim and the couch/chair set and the hanging basket, with wallpaper, strawberries, and two windows lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top