Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are getting a Create-A-World Game Pack this month!

13...Next

Comments

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

Well that's mere opinion and not completely factual.

I would say it's pretty factual. I play with minimum mods, but you want NRAAS master controller, overwatch and error trap at the minimum, otherwise you'll have to avoid potentially breaking content just not to have your save come to a halt. Not everyone will be exposed to the same bugs, but the game is buggy enough for you to run into some sort of bug if you play for long enough. Example with one of my saves: the active singer career has caused 4000 cars to spawn every day. If that was never removed, the save file would chug pretty fast.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like to see another blank world or a Create-A-World feature. I'd particularly like this if they are going to wind down TS4's development.

I don't really want to get into the TS4 vs. TS3 debate but I do prefer rotating in TS4. I agree with the players who like to be able to move between multiple worlds in one save easily. Story progression is not an important feature to me with the way I currently play.

I also hope that the content from the survey will be used in some way for TS4 this year. I actually enjoy the current game and there are just a few things that really could be improved for me. Beyond that, I'm just interested in fresh content if it appeals to me, so if they keep making content, I'll still be interested. It's not a perfect game but I really enjoy the game that I've set up in it.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy I think you're being a little too defensive, honestly. Why would you think I'm trying to deter people from playing Sims 3? It seems more to me like you're trying to avoid admitting to Sims 3's flaws by brushing off my reasons as "just your opinion". Of course I'm stating my opinion, and that's what you are doing as well. I'm sorry you felt you had to go through all of that effort, but I'm just not changing my mind. I know my personal experience and no matter how much you argue against it, it's still valid and I'm still not going to enjoy the game. I just don't think the trade-offs from Sims 2 were worth it. It's not how I play.

Also, Sims 2 had a hell of a lot more depth than you're giving it credit for. Sims 3 wasn't the first game to have layers of repercussions in behaviors in the gameplay. But I'm not going to make an essay on it, it's off topic.

Bottom line is, the Sims 3 does have flaws. It does. Yes, there are mods and workarounds. Each player has to decide for themself if it's worth it to play. Same for Sims 4. That's the beauty of choice. But you can't go around trying to silence people because their experiences aren't what you want to hear. I could go into all kinds of ugly detail as to why I don't like the game, but what good would that do? It's not going to change your mind and I honestly don't need to. Sims 3 was designed for gameplay that doesn't suit my needs. It suits yours, and that's great! My opinion shouldn't influence your (or anyone else's) enjoyment.

But you can't gatekeep people's opinions just because you don't like them. It's kind of hypocritical when you want to speak freely about your own opinions of Sims 4's flaws but won't allow someone else the same courtesy to speak about Sims 3's.

Lol, I'm not being defensive! I LOVE talking about TS3 and correcting inaccurate information that's being liberally dispersed about it. I know that there are TS4 players who actively try to put it down to make TS4 appear better so that people who don't know might be fooled into buying that inferior game. I honestly would rather have people use their hard-earned money and buy TS3 which is a much better game and will give them more entertainment than TS4 ever can.

Also, I'm not trying to change your mind. I know other people read these posts and read your inaccurate claims about TS3 - so these posts are really for them. :)

I also used to love TS2 during it's run, but when I started playing TS3, it got demoted to second place and TS3 became my number one. I didn't go over the depth of TS2 because there are enough players around extolling its virtues (but none of imperfections). Besides, its not being sold anymore. If it was though, I would recommend it as it is definitely a superior closed-world game over TS4. Heck, even TS1 is better than TS4! Even the sims in that iteration did what they're suppose to do!

I just think you're the one being defensive. No where in my posts did I ever try to silence you. I DID however correct any claims that you made about TS3 that were inaccurate. That's all.

Oh goodness. You are indeed trying to silence me by trying to "correct my claims", which are not inaccurate, though. That's where you're getting defensive. There are many people who have had major issues with Sims 3. People who don't use mods. You are trying to discard that information as false, which is dishonest. I ran into issues myself. I know my own experiences.

The average player buys a game, installs it, and expects to be able to play it. Especially a triple A game. This is how I tried to play Sims 3 several times over the years. Without mods. Without CC. Without having to research how to delete elements of a pack to make it run smoothly. Without these "workarounds and documentations" to make the game playable for me. I have not, in any way, been misleading. Sims 3 was left in a sorry state as is, and as someone who loves the game as much as you do, I would think that you would be at least a little bit unhappy about that and trying to ensure it doesn't happen again, not making excuses for it. This is what confuses me. The community should never have to fix problems for the devs. They had to do it for Sims 3, and they are doing it again for Sims 4.

Since the beginning of this conversation, I have also made it pretty clear that I have been speaking, not only of personal experience, but also my own personal preferences. I'm sorry, but you cannot refute my play preferences, lol. If people read it and share the same preferences as I do, and decide that Sims 3 isn't for them, that's their business, it's not going to take your game away from you. Not everyone is going to love Sims 3 and that's perfectly fine. Not everyone loved Sims 2 or Sims 1 (or especially Sims 4).

So to clarify, from here on, when I speak of Sims 3, it is of the strictly vanilla game experience without mods and CC. It will be from my own experiences and in reference to my own preferences and play style. If that offends you I don't know what else to say. It's my truth and I'm allowed to express it whether you like it or not.
    #Team Occult
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

Well that's mere opinion and not completely factual.

I would say it's pretty factual. I play with minimum mods, but you want NRAAS master controller, overwatch and error trap at the minimum, otherwise you'll have to avoid potentially breaking content just not to have your save come to a halt. Not everyone will be exposed to the same bugs, but the game is buggy enough for you to run into some sort of bug if you play for long enough. Example with one of my saves: the active singer career has caused 4000 cars to spawn every day. If that was never removed, the save file would chug pretty fast.

Did you even read what I wrote in context? What you quoted of my post is in reply to her generalizing about the entirety of TS3 when she complained about TS3 that "...Too many other factors like rabbit holes, Sim art style, freaky facial animations and odd movements, bugs and performance stutters... " And then I wrote to the points she complained about, of only a portion was about mods. Try reading things more carefully.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon I see. I never played Sims 3, so I didn't know.
    edited March 2020
    @ClarionOfJoy I think you're being a little too defensive, honestly. Why would you think I'm trying to deter people from playing Sims 3? It seems more to me like you're trying to avoid admitting to Sims 3's flaws by brushing off my reasons as "just your opinion". Of course I'm stating my opinion, and that's what you are doing as well. I'm sorry you felt you had to go through all of that effort, but I'm just not changing my mind. I know my personal experience and no matter how much you argue against it, it's still valid and I'm still not going to enjoy the game. I just don't think the trade-offs from Sims 2 were worth it. It's not how I play.

Also, Sims 2 had a hell of a lot more depth than you're giving it credit for. Sims 3 wasn't the first game to have layers of repercussions in behaviors in the gameplay. But I'm not going to make an essay on it, it's off topic.

Bottom line is, the Sims 3 does have flaws. It does. Yes, there are mods and workarounds. Each player has to decide for themself if it's worth it to play. Same for Sims 4. That's the beauty of choice. But you can't go around trying to silence people because their experiences aren't what you want to hear. I could go into all kinds of ugly detail as to why I don't like the game, but what good would that do? It's not going to change your mind and I honestly don't need to. Sims 3 was designed for gameplay that doesn't suit my needs. It suits yours, and that's great! My opinion shouldn't influence your (or anyone else's) enjoyment.

But you can't gatekeep people's opinions just because you don't like them. It's kind of hypocritical when you want to speak freely about your own opinions of Sims 4's flaws but won't allow someone else the same courtesy to speak about Sims 3's.

Lol, I'm not being defensive! I LOVE talking about TS3 and correcting inaccurate information that's being liberally dispersed about it. I know that there are TS4 players who actively try to put it down to make TS4 appear better so that people who don't know might be fooled into buying that inferior game. I honestly would rather have people use their hard-earned money and buy TS3 which is a much better game and will give them more entertainment than TS4 ever can.

Also, I'm not trying to change your mind. I know other people read these posts and read your inaccurate claims about TS3 - so these posts are really for them. :)

I also used to love TS2 during it's run, but when I started playing TS3, it got demoted to second place and TS3 became my number one. I didn't go over the depth of TS2 because there are enough players around extolling its virtues (but none of imperfections). Besides, its not being sold anymore. If it was though, I would recommend it as it is definitely a superior closed-world game over TS4. Heck, even TS1 is better than TS4! Even the sims in that iteration did what they're suppose to do!

I just think you're the one being defensive. No where in my posts did I ever try to silence you. I DID however correct any claims that you made about TS3 that were inaccurate. That's all.

Oh goodness. You are indeed trying to silence me by trying to "correct my claims", which are not inaccurate, though. That's where you're getting defensive. There are many people who have had major issues with Sims 3. People who don't use mods. You are trying to discard that information as false, which is dishonest. I ran into issues myself. I know my own experiences.

The average player buys a game, installs it, and expects to be able to play it. Especially a triple A game. This is how I tried to play Sims 3 several times over the years. Without mods. Without CC. Without having to research how to delete elements of a pack to make it run smoothly. Without these "workarounds and documentations" to make the game playable for me. I have not, in any way, been misleading. Sims 3 was left in a sorry state as is, and as someone who loves the game as much as you do, I would think that you would be at least a little bit unhappy about that and trying to ensure it doesn't happen again, not making excuses for it. This is what confuses me. The community should never have to fix problems for the devs. They had to do it for Sims 3, and they are doing it again for Sims 4.

Since the beginning of this conversation, I have also made it pretty clear that I have been speaking, not only of personal experience, but also my own personal preferences. I'm sorry, but you cannot refute my play preferences, lol. If people read it and share the same preferences as I do, and decide that Sims 3 isn't for them, that's their business, it's not going to take your game away from you. Not everyone is going to love Sims 3 and that's perfectly fine. Not everyone loved Sims 2 or Sims 1 (or especially Sims 4).

So to clarify, from here on, when I speak of Sims 3, it is of the strictly vanilla game experience without mods and CC. It will be from my own experiences and in reference to my own preferences and play style. If that offends you I don't know what else to say. It's my truth and I'm allowed to express it whether you like it or not.

Yeah, I really don't care. This is too boring now.

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

Yeah, I really don't care. This is too boring now.

Agreed.
    #Team Occult
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member

Thb i have seeing you trying to put TS4 down and come to say how much better sims 3 is but not really giving any feedpack to make that point valid tbh. you said. "I know that there are TS4 players who actively try to put it down to make TS4 appear better so that people who don't know might be fooled into buying that inferior game" I mean cmon, Do you think people would actually trying to promote sims 4 to other people and try to trash talk sims3 to trying to fool people to buy sims4. Some people really like sims 4 and some people like sims 3 but u are trying to say what other people should or should not like.
    u said -" I honestly would rather have people use their hard-earned money and buy TS3 which is a much better game and will give them more entertainment than TS4 ever can." But u can want what u want but people themselves decide what game they want to play. Not what you want to them play.
    Also most of these " correcting inaccurate information" convorsations are about opinions, not anything that could really compare. All im geting from you're opinions is that only who's opinion matter is you, anyone else just don't tell fact's or just lie.
    again you said - " I would recommend it as it is definitely a superior closed-world game over TS4. Heck, even TS1 is better than TS4!" But people have different preference on what they like and what they don't like. You can't decide it or try to shame on them on it.
    I know this is getting way out of topic but wanted to point that out here for you.
    We should all be respectfull to others no matter what game they like, sims1, sims2, sims3 or sims4. :)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png

Thb i have seeing you trying to put TS4 down and come to say how much better sims 3 is but not really giving any feedpack to make that point valid tbh. you said. "I know that there are TS4 players who actively try to put it down to make TS4 appear better so that people who don't know might be fooled into buying that inferior game" I mean cmon, Do you think people would actually trying to promote sims 4 to other people and try to trash talk sims3 to trying to fool people to buy sims4. Some people really like sims 4 and some people like sims 3 but u are trying to say what other people should or should not like.
    u said -" I honestly would rather have people use their hard-earned money and buy TS3 which is a much better game and will give them more entertainment than TS4 ever can." But u can want what u want but people themselves decide what game they want to play. Not what you want to them play.
    Also most of these " correcting inaccurate information" convorsations are about opinions, not anything that could really compare. All im geting from you're opinions is that only who's opinion matter is you, anyone else just don't tell fact's or just lie.
    again you said - " I would recommend it as it is definitely a superior closed-world game over TS4. Heck, even TS1 is better than TS4!" But people have different preference on what they like and what they don't like. You can't decide it or try to shame on them on it.
    I know this is getting way out of topic but wanted to point that out here for you.
    We should all be respectfull to others no matter what game they like, sims1, sims2, sims3 or sims4. :)

Yeah, TS4 simmers DO keep making false claims about TS3, even when there's proof that their claims are false. Over and over, as if they haven't seen any proof. Makes me think they work for EA. But, I accept that for what it is. I don't mind presenting proof over and over. New readers come to the forums all the time and it's always good to present what TS3 can truly do. I recommend it highly because it does have better gameplay, better content and is stable. Bugs that are still present are fixable. You can't say that about TS4 and its ever growing pile of bugs still yet to be fixed, so TS3 is the better value for their money.

Anyway, TS4 simmers are not going to stop making false claims about TS3, so I'm not going to stop posting the true and good things about TS3 either.

Yeah, TS4 simmers DO keep making false claims about TS3, even when there's proof that their claims are false. Over and over, as if they haven't seen any proof. Makes me think they work for EA. But, I accept that for what it is. I don't mind presenting proof over and over. New readers come to the forums all the time and it's always good to present what TS3 can truly do. I recommend it highly because it does have better gameplay, better content and is stable. Bugs that are still present are fixable. You can't say that about TS4 and its ever growing pile of bugs still yet to be fixed, so TS3 is the better value for their money.

Anyway, TS4 simmers are not going to stop making false claims about TS3, so I'm not going to stop posting the true and good things about TS3 either.

That's nice. Sims 3 has everything u want then? Awesome! The best part is that the sims 3 is already finished and playable for anyone who want's to play it.
    - "You can't say that about TS4 and its ever growing pile of bugs still yet to be fixed, so TS3 is the better value for their money." Yes i can, for me sims 3 had a lot more bugs and issues than i have whit sims 4, and for me sims 4 is better value. But i also understand that for some people sims 3 is more worth, some sims4 or someone might think sims is not worth of playing. It about personal preferences and personal experience.
    It's also nice that u like this game also but why don't you make topics on sims 3 forums rather than sims 4? Most of us already know sims 3 but prefer sims 4 and we want to talk about the sims 4 and what we want or don't want. That also include that some people don't want something that was in sims 3 in sims 4 and viceversa.

-"so I'm not going to stop posting the true and good things about TS3 either." - don't mix facts and opinions. They are different. People have they're own opinions and preferences. Accept that.
    There is also sims3 forum for that, here in sims 4 we want to talk about sims 4 and what we want to it or what not etc.. As i said Sims 3 is already finished and available for anyone.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png

That's nice. Sims 3 has everything u want then? Awesome! The best part is that the sims 3 is already finished and playable for anyone who want's to play it.
    - "You can't say that about TS4 and its ever growing pile of bugs still yet to be fixed, so TS3 is the better value for their money." Yes i can, for me sims 3 had a lot more bugs and issues than i have whit sims 4, and for me sims 4 is better value. But i also understand that for some people sims 3 is more worth, some sims4 or someone might think sims is not worth of playing. It about personal preferences and personal experience.
    It's also nice that u like this game also but why don't you make topics on sims 3 forums rather than sims 4? Most of us already know sims 3 but prefer sims 4 and we want to talk about the sims 4 and what we want or don't want. That also include that some people don't want something that was in sims 3 in sims 4 and viceversa.

-"so I'm not going to stop posting the true and good things about TS3 either." - don't mix facts and opinions. They are different. People have they're own opinions and preferences. Accept that.
    There is also sims3 forum for that, here in sims 4 we want to talk about sims 4 and what we want to it or what not etc.. As i said Sims 3 is already finished and available for anyone.

*Shrug* Nothing is going to change. Let's just leave it here.

*Shrug* Nothing is going to change. Let's just leave it here.

Agree on this one!^
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png