Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet the Helmquists - a Sims 3 story

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    edited February 2020
    Tyler withdraw even futher from Stella, he was just saying the barest minimum to everybody. He took Samuel with him everywhere he went and took care of him as if he believed that he wouldn´t spent so much time with him anymore.
    dVPMmX7.jpg
    When Samuel was playing he was drawing a lot.
    One day Stella and Thore came into the studio where he was painting and simultaniously talking to his little one. They immidiately started flirting next to him!
    zgVJ7e0.jpg
    KgrLmaP.jpg
    2xzDYvA.jpg
    BV6YZFy.jpg
    nmBfcph.jpg
    Why they decided to affront him so much? Stella thought that she would get him back by evoking at least A feeling! She wanted him back and asked Thore to help her. It was a bad decision, especially because they realized her plan in front of their son.
    Tyler took her by her arm and pulled her out of the room. Then he turned to her and asked how stupid she could be.
    1q1PBvV.jpg
    Ba4bqgx.jpg
    2f728Xt.jpg
    DLFoiyX.jpg
    wuzc4fk.jpg
    She tried to explain to him that she wanted to be reckognized by him again and that he only did so in the last few days when she was interacting with Thore, so she thought that flirting with him would attract his attention.
    Tyler was furious and couldn´t believe what he just heard. Did she really think that this action would bring him back to her????
    He yelled his frustration at her and then stormed off. He ran into the cold and snowy night, not knowing where to go to anymore!

Stella was frustrated, she really thought that her action would have brought her back to her husband but it seemed as if it pulled him away from her even further! She went to Thore´s bedroom to be alone and to cry but Haldir intercepted her.
    Now she had to deal with the angry fairy king!
    He told her that she had to pack her bags and that she had to leave! She was only allowed to stay one more day, because Taius and his boyfriend wanted to become engaged the next evening and therefore they wanted to throw a big party and he thought that it would be better that she would be there as the mother and that she should better behave herself. But she had to leave right after the party and wasn´t allowed to stay under his roof for A MINUTE after the party. He also told her that she had to go alone, without Samuel, because he and Travis would care for the little boy from now on and that, if she wanted to fight against that, she would even lose the right to see him again! He was so fed up with her that he called her names and insulted her deeply, something he never does, because he is a very self-controlled man normally.
    ds2SMQL.jpg
    Drd2J9n.jpg
    ry7Ertg.jpg
    sBfUbtL.jpg
    uzNjykz.jpg
    bdm48Fw.jpg
    23FgyZk.jpg
    She didn´t back down and shouted back at him that he couldn´t take her son from her! She herself belonged to a very rich and powerful family and she was very sure that her brothers wouldn´t let her down and would fight against his dumb decision!
    But Haldir explained to her, with a sardonic smile on his face, that her brother Matthew was a very old friend of him and that he had talked to him before of course and that her brother agreed with him that Travis and he should raise Samuel! She was alone!
    This night was the coldest one Northeney had ever faced...
    Post edited by AlexaKry on
    edited February 2020
    The day was the coldest day of winter. Outside as well as inside!

Before they left for Taius´ engagement party Travis talked to Haldir about Thore and that they had to do something to better his and Tyler´s relationship. He didn´t want his sons to be fighting anymore! Not over a woman!!!
    WnWX7Mk.jpg
    Haldir agreed and promised his husband that they would find a solution together! But now they had to attend a party.

ArBaoZt.jpg
    cNe6vxj.jpg
    Tyler wasn´t in the mood of partying but it was his son´s, so he pulled himself together and dressed up for it. He knew that this party would be everything but a chore for him. He didn´t want to meet his wife or his brother but he knew he had to. And he still was angry about his dads that they seemingly accepted Thore´s behavior. He didn´t know that his dad had told Stella to leave in the night, he didn´t talk to anybody during the day.
    He was hurted and ashamed, not wanting to interact with anybody! Just T-Rey was there with him, as always being his best friend!
    T4ihFys.jpg

At the party he knew that he came to the right conclusion.
    He felt sorry for his son but after he saw that Thore and Stella were talking to each other again something broke in him and he decided that it was enough! He pulled her into the little wintergarten where his dads already flirted again ( "🐸🐸🐸🐸 them!" he thought) and told her that he was fed up.
    He wanted to divorce!
    d6hJuqU.jpg
    sx8lVjQ.jpg
    RhepFXl.jpg
    6chFYm1.jpg
    oKsLNfm.jpg
    qcW6Ic3.jpg
    8GYgZrA.jpg
    XxNQgMQ.jpg
    Ef6mgsk.jpg
    7fZyKDn.jpg
    mnhgnX9.jpg
    eDpHLmn.jpg
    lkwApv8.jpg
    8L3Q6jK.jpg
    WZxdRn7.jpg
    QtphWdf.jpg
    1vSnQIS.jpg
    RTsS1cI.jpg
    YyFcZZb.jpg
    6UwsQW8.jpg
    WeC7sJZ.jpg
    052mpVX.jpg
    QSt35he.jpg
    itBz2fh.jpg
    NbA6edJ.jpg
    LGrulUi.jpg
    KcEpKF9.jpg
    vWDivEz.jpg
    zIXMU1h.jpg
    7ad8PxI.jpg

He awoke in the early morning hours, his sleep was fretful. But he made his decision.
    q9Gu3ml.jpg
    He made a phone call with a heavy heart.
    qlGsj07.jpg
    Dressed himself and woke up T-Rey.
    ehmF35w.jpg
    Sf3bENX.jpg
    Took a last look at Streuner.
    LOD6lff.jpg
    And left the house with a last glance over his shoulder.
    Df28ox4.jpg

He left his home and his family during a heavy snowstorm, not knowing what the future would hold for him.....
    7TWcJEU.jpg
    mCXinjB.jpg

Never had he felt so alone and betrayed.
    Tsg0j4A.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    That’s so sad...

(and dogs are the best aren’t they)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @AlexaKry: :( Poor Tyler. I see a tragic clown snowman in the last picture.
    :) Smile!

@JoAnne65 : yes, it´s sad...
    And It will be getting even more sad... :'(

Dogs ARE the best!
    Without a T-Rey and his friendly character Tyler would be even more lonely. :'(

Daryl´s having fun already, hm? >:)
    @Puddinroy : you are right, there is a broken Tragic Clown snowman in the last picture. I´ve tried to depict the icey, lonely and broken state Tyler is in at the moment, hopefully I have captured it.
    Thanks for commenting!
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@AlexaKry It is so very sad and yet it is necessary as there is no salvaging that relationship. I agree with the Dads that Stella needs to go. If Thore is really in love with her he can go too. It doesn't seem as if it was real love with him though.
    I'm sorry that Tyler feels he has to run away from his problems. I don't believe in running away but facing things, and he has children and a grandchild living in the house to think about. He needs to learn to think of others rather than himself all the time. That is part of his problem. If he ever wants to have a relationship work he needs to learn this and hopefully he will wherever he goes. You depicted his broken state perfectly. Those last pictures are very haunting.
    I look forward to seeing where you are going with the story now.
    @bekkasan : thanks for the comment!
    It´s very sad, yes.
    I don´believe that running away solves problems, either, but Tyler was running away since some time now, always ridig across the island and not being able to talk to Stella...
    Months before they had a very good relationship and although it took some effort to overcome his trait of being a loner he talked to Stella if there were problems. They have been so long together, that would not have worked if they didn´t talk.
    But something happened to him months ago which led to his insularity.,, :o
    (I have to point out that I am on Tyler´s side in this situation. B) )
    The next morning Haldir set the table for five. In honor of the day he thought that a berry cake would be the best to calm down the anger of the family over the divorce of Thore and Stella and her leaving in the night.
    He had sensed that she had gone, since he was the fairy king he could see the auras of his family bright and clear and he just saw his family.
    7zmI41n.jpg
    So he was shocked to see Stella heading for the table! That couldn´t be reality!?! He clearly had seen Tyler coming to the table!!! What had happen here??
    Travis looked at him, knowing that Haldir was beside himself with rage. He only hoped that he had himself under control enough not to hurt Stella! He knew that Haldir was capable of doing so, having seen it a few times when they were attacked by an other hostile clan many years ago. He signalized his husband to stay calm if possible!
    NRljeVF.jpg
    When Thore came to the table shortly after Stella even the kind Travis was stunned.
    D3JYi4l.jpg
    This couldn´t be true! He talked with his littlest son about Stella and his "relationship" and that he wanted him to end it. Now he exactly knew that both of them had spent the night together!
    And where was his biggest worry Tyler???
    Haldir himself was a prime example of discipline, he allowed Stella to have her breakfast, having a lot of thinking about the fact that instead of Tyler Stella appeared in the aura of her ex-husband. How on earth could somebody change her aura and fool him??? But after breakfast he jumped on her, keeping in mind of solving the problem with the transposed aura. He wasn´t used to somebody not following his orders.
    He screamed at Stella that she had to leave the house and that he would book her the first flight from the island!
    His husband was reprimanding their son. He told him that he had disappointed him on so many levels that he had to work very hard to get his lost faith in him back.
    ME2LquZ.jpg
    ZvERmnJ.jpg
    7rfEtuI.jpg
    WJI3OhE.jpg
    Y3MZqXB.jpg
    hOjVsSv.jpg
    Thore shouted back at his dad, he was in such a rage now. It wasn´t his fault that Stella and Tyler divorced. It wasn´t even his fault that Stella wanted him! It happend, so what? If she wanted to change her lovers it was her problem, not his!
    fqfxApM.jpg
    UOg2Cia.jpg
    FXwgxOp.jpg
    2gtt9CC.jpg
    Travis was stunned. This wasn´t the mindset he and Haldir had raised their children! How and when had Thore become such a selfish person? Somebody who just thought of himself. What had he done wrong that his son became such an a..ss.h..o.le? With tears in his eyes he told his son that he couldn´t believe that he heard him say such stupid nonsense and that he was so gutted of him!
    Thore knew that he had f.uc..k.ed things up this time!
    He never had seen his dad crying. Even worse he was crying about him! His heart broke. He couldn´t see his beloved dad in such a bad state. Oh, how he wished he could take back his last words! With all his heart he apologized to Travis!
    4sLMxcv.jpg
    Luckily his father couldn´t be angry for long and his apology was accepted, but just under the premise that from now on he had to behave himself and try to become a better son, brother and Helmquist!
    I1Vi7MM.jpg

Little Samuel must have heard all the anger and shouting and was crying for his daddy!
    NwSa8cg.jpg
    wWhhN3G.jpg
    A1jpc0d.jpg
    Only his bigger brother heard him, took him out of the crib and gave him his bottle. But he was alone again quickly, because Seth himself wanted to talk with his mother! He wanted to know where his dad was and why she was here still.
    And while he blamed his mother for being such a selfish b... Haldir did the same with Thore. He had realized that he had wrapped his husband around his little finger but now Thore had to deal with the king. Haldir made him clear that his behavior was bad and selfish and not welcomed in his house and family! If Thore wouldn´t change his behavior completely he would no longer be a member of the Helmquist family! He also told him that he had to follow his orders now! Never in his life he was so gutted by one of his children! He made clear that life wasn´t just fun, woohooing and doing mindless things, one had to work real hard to be a good and successful person!
    AfgKZvt.jpg
    sYjJvoh.jpg
    j3RaSMq.jpg
    nkMrrWF.jpg
    JaDHhNY.jpg
    AnJeI0g.jpg
    HXECDjV.jpg
    YgUd1ZO.jpg
    orcbOV0.jpg
    The only thing Thore could do was to say sorry to his dad. He apologized for his behavior and promised his dad that from now on he would behave himself.
    RfX9CRK.jpg
    Haldir accepted for now, knowing really well, that his son had to suit the action to the word, beginning with helping him to find Tyler!
    Puh, got away with it again Thore!
    0OB5gva.jpg

No-one knew where Tyler was, so Travis, Haldir and Thore began to search for him by phoning up and talking to people Tyler knew or who could possible knew where he was.
    VgtgmWm.jpg
    2wBxQOx.jpg
    ADIw5HO.jpg
    But everyone they asked (and it were a lot of people they asked about it at that day and the following days, too!) told them that they knew nothing about Tyler´s whereabouts! It seemed as if he was swallowed up by the ground!
    Until late in the night Haldir phoned everybody he knew....
    MirMVnt.jpg

When he was stumped, not knowing whom to ask anymore he heard his little grandson cry.
    0hGT5GL.jpg
    t1LLjlG.jpg
    twtQdCl.jpg
    bPrtU1Z.jpg
    He picked him up and comforted the little lonely boy
    uzWb6X4.jpg
    6p4S8wr.jpg
    MJwGMWF.jpg
    3oYSaXk.jpg
    woAJ1XD.jpg
    lX5Te5f.jpg
    O1vkIWx.jpg
    while being quite aware that it should be his mum, who still was there, who should care for Samuel!
    hjrVUbr.jpg
    If looks could kill, Stella would be dead after his look.
    o5E2lWm.jpg

He was mad about her ignorance and knew that in the morning she had to face the consequences of her actions! She wouldn´t get away from his punishment this time. She had overplayed her hand! She was just lucky that he cared for Tyler much more than for his reputation of being a strong and consistent leader who had already punished her for still being there and walking all over him if he wasn´t in such a worry for his boy.
    The day was exhausting for all of them.
    Samuel was very tired and began to cry again. He crawled next to his mother to get her attention but she completely ignored him, like she did the whole day.
    It was Travis who took him up, snuggled him and told him that everything would be okay. (Although Travis exactly knew that nothing was okay, but would you tell this to such a little sweetie?)
    hZHip8D.jpg
    AUDBMPb.jpg
    uqVEXC6.jpg
    xUg9OzY.jpg
    nPyR8c7.jpg
    sHhDuWN.jpg
    aZyT9ne.jpg
    gQqbOJx.jpg
    nP0i4F0.jpg
    After he calmed his grandson down he put him to bed, giving him a loving kiss and hoped for Samuel, that his night would be a good one.
    oEvaJ99.jpg
    G2b0DAW.jpg
    u3q58sH.jpg
    F2retR7.jpg
    dWbErBu.jpg
    1F0Sv9t.jpg
    Rasta slept next to him in this night, she herself was lost, not knowing where T-Rey had gone, so she sought the near of the other lost soul.
    FUyztpA.jpg
    xUiUceI.jpg
    But she was woken up in the middle of the night by Stella.
    She woke up her youngest son, snuggled him and told him that he should always be friendly and nice to others and that he should always know that she and his dad loved him so much! But that both of them had problems which prevented them to take care for him. She didn´t know if he understood what she told him but hoped whole-heartedly that he understood how much she loved him.
    oeI4A2z.jpg
    LfK1uCF.jpg
    UdNo5zY.jpg
    NzMZBby.jpg
    RUdH6b2.jpg
    Ay8Q7NU.jpg
    Tg8ldRp.jpg
    And with a last kiss she put him to bed again, hoping that his granddads and Seth would care for him better than she could at the moment
    cLQUvUV.jpg
    EYoQsbX.jpg
    WihWQa7.jpg
    and left.
    yMLS059.jpg
    W6tEgRa.jpg
    She reached Hidden Spring in the next morning, phoning her brother that she arrived. At least somebody knew where she was.
    Thinking about her new life she felt very sad.
    2095t8a.jpg
    coxevD3.jpg
    zDvxAMk.jpg
    vcimJ2t.jpg
    dHVh3q2.jpg
    @AlexaKry I can't take sides, but have to say he sure did nothing to stop her. It's as if he wanted her to go away from him, so he did nothing to stop it. Of course, he didn't want her to have an affair with his brother, that stupid stunt is on her and Thore. Running away from his baby boy is just the saddest thing ever though. I know he has faith his parents will see him well cared for though but it is not the same for that poor child's psyche. I'm glad that Stella decided to leave before she was thrown out or possibly attacked by the Dad's. Sad that she also is leaving the child. I sure hope he's not messed up from it. Great update and look forward to more.
    @bekkasan : Thanks for the comment!
    Yes, he didn´t do anything to for their relationship. Maybe he has his reasons?
    But it´s my opinion that if a relationship breaks it´s always both partners who caused it. Tyler was very absent in theirs in the last months, even before Samuel was planned. It was Stella´s idea to get another baby, I think it was a very bad one. And having an affair with his brother is something that should be a NO-GO!!!!
    It´s so sad for Samuel that both of his parents have left him. But he is in the best possible hands, his grandfathers love him as if he was their son! But it´s not good for a little children´s soul if parents leave, he could get the feeling that he isn´t loved! :'(
    But I´m still biased, I always am when I have raised special Sims from their birth to adulthood. I like Tyler a bit more than Stella, so my heart is with him and I think that Stella did the more hurtful things! o:)
    (And I still love Thore, too, although he behaved like an as..s.. ho.le! :D )
    New update should be there before the weekend! ;)
    I've been away for a couple of days, to find two chapters! I agree with bekkasan. And with you that there are always more sides to one story. Poor Samuel though, I hope his grandfathers will be able to fiill up the gap his parents left.
    5JZ57S6.png
    NZoGLEq.jpg
    Tyler and T-Rey arrived in Edenshire the next morning.
    Tyler knew this place because when he worked for his dad and the family he was travelling a lot to search for properties he could buy for the family´s imperium. He discovered this left and deserted village on one of his travels and always had in mind that the family could transform the village into a kind of fun park, somewhat like a middle aged history village. But he didn´t know if his dads would like to invest into such a risky thing so he bought the whole village from his own money without anyone telling he did. This now came in handy because he knew that there was this little hut at the sea where nobody could find him.
    He hugged his only friend on earth and began to take a look around in what condition the hut was.
    wwQb117.jpg
    ZGAxiLR.jpg
    He knew that the winter he left at Northeney would soon reach him here, too, so he had to prepare the little shelter. And he wanted to work a lot so he couldn´t think about his getaway. He had such a bad conscience according to his sons, it nearly broke his heart again, if it wasn´t broken already. He thought that he had to be there for Seth who surely needed some help with his little daughter and thinking about Samuel... He knew he was a very bad father that he left his little one, the one who needed him so much. Especially when he saw that Stella was unable to care for their son, too. He just hoped that his dads would care good for the poor boy and he planned of phoning him when he felt better.
    wWERI7L.jpg

First he tried out the oven if it could heat the hut
    SuG2upU.jpg
    then he installed his tablet and the computer so he could get in contact to somebody if needed.
    ToBr4bO.jpg
    pTTQPE6.jpg
    6YPThJb.jpg
    PWpLH8n.jpg
    5Qo98UI.jpg
    T-Rey watched his master with concern, he sensed the feelings he had and it weren´t happy ones! He never got such bad and sad feelings from him ever, even the last weeks where harmless against the feelings his friend had now! T-Rey planned on caring for his friend and protecting him as best as he could!
    Their first night in their new home was cold and lonely but at least they had each other.
    gfHCayS.jpg

The next morning was cold but sunny, and being a fairy, Tyler could persuade the few plants in the little garden to grow some fruits for him.
    jmkvTS6.jpg
    He harvested his little crop, guarded by T-Rey who was awfully in concern about his friend. There was something in his behavior/feelings whcih he didn´t like at all!
    kSy19CI.jpg
    c1P1QEF.jpg
    6WrkKag.jpg
    PWczoTQ.jpg
    Tyler was even more clingy, confused and sad then the day before.
    He hugged T-Rey and kissed him a few times, then he went into the shack and phoned with someone T-Rey new from somewhere.
    Tyler came out of the little hut again, kissed T-Rey again
    E09qQ8j.jpg
    and told him that he wanted to go fishing at the sea and that he couldn´t come with him. He also told him that he was the best friend he ever had in his whole life and that he wouldn´t ever leave him without taking care for him and that this was the reason he phoned a very old friend. He should just stay here in the hut! T-Rey didn´t know what his master told him but the feelings he sensed made him panic!
    When Tyler climbed into the boat, T-Rey wanted to come with his friend but Tyler sent him away, back to the house.
    T-Rey panicked even more!
    JkWOBf1.jpg
    But he was a good boi, so he followed Tyler´s instructions and ran back, knowing that there was a threat in Tyler´s behavior that even he couldn´t fight against.....
    rcka1zB.jpg
    N5gwtvn.jpg
    zL2inEM.jpg
    Tyler rowed his little boat very far out to the ice cold sea.

Then he stopped, thinking of what he wanted to do next. The only clear thought he was still able to think was about T-Rey and his boys. He really hoped that they could go on with their lives and that all of them would get a bright future.
    GhV7gqf.jpg
    9kjBIXx.jpg
    39MyOfT.jpg
    zUmqgpz.jpg

His own thoughts were as dark as the sea underneath his little boat....
    @JoAnne65 : there are always two sides, Tyler and Stella should have talked together!
    Sorry to stress you again, but the new chapters have arrived! :D
    Have fun reading!
    That doesn't look good.... I really hope he won't do anything stupid! Poor T-Rey, he must feel so powerless...
    5JZ57S6.png
    @bekkasan : I´m sorry, but yes. Tyler had done so many false things in the last months, so why shouldn´t he?
    Fingers crossed he wakes up......
    @JoAnne65 : I really felt sorry for T-Rey when I´ve written the chapter! :'(
    Now he is alone at a little hut without his best friend, sensing that his master is worried, lost and confused. This must be scary for this little puppy!!!

@AlexaKry I sure hope so too! I hope T-Rey is ok and maybe the person he called to come get him will help?
    Can T-Rey swim...that's a thought? Go save your bestest friend T-Rey!! Hurry! No time to lose!

Just so you know, I'm looking forward to the next part. I love drama, I just can't write it. :neutral: I'll have my tissues handy before I come to your thread next time. I read it today with so much fear in my heart and glad it was just chat from you to us. :lol:
    edited March 2020
    @bekkasan : T-Rey isn´t ok, but he is such a good boy that he follows his orders from Tyler although he surely knows that his best friend is having a massive crisis.
    He can swim, but Tyler told him to stay near the hut, so he was torn between his orders and his love for his master....
    Furthermore Tyler is a powerful fairy, if he doesn´t want a life-form in his near there is no chance for T-Rey to save him.
    I´m sorry for your handkerchief-consumption, though! >:) Hopefully you´ll still be able to buy it in your local supermarket, in the ones where I buy usually there weren´t any today. :o
    Your stories are good in itself! You just don´t play with so much drama, then it is logical that your stories depict the happiness of your families. And I can remember that the beginning of Adam´s story was sad, too. It became happy when he met Alice and they became friends!

@AlexaKry True, I don't have a problem making sad back stories. Life is sad enough for me though, so playing it out I prefer the adventure and the happy.
    I do forget he is a fairy. Ha...he can't sink with his wings, even though he has invisible ones!!! :lol:
    I found tissues on Sunday morning at the drug store. Seems like folks on the island are not panicking like mainlanders are. I'm still working and I'm being very careful, washing and not touching my face!! Got a small bottle of sanitizer in my pocket and a larger one in my work bag.
    @bekkasan : yes, Tyler is a fairy, but if a fairy begins to swim, they can´t use their wings anymore, at least in my imagination. Because water has much more pushback than air. So he can drown. If he wants to.
    May I ask where you live? And what you work?
    I live in Florida and I'm a nurse. I do home health visits and we really can't not go to work. We haven't really changed what we are doing as we have always practiced barrier precautions and good hygiene in people's homes in order to not spread germs from client to client.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top