Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting Gameplay Questions for the Community!

Comments

• anidupanidup Posts: 9 New Member
    Thank you for the opportunity to add ideas to the development of this pack.

1.) A definite yes. Please. One must be able to sell your crafted projects. Either in your own business or at the flea market. The mannequins should be able to wear the crafted clothing. It is also very important to be able to have a club gathering where crafting is the main purpose. No fame needed, because this is a hobby not a job.

2.) I would like this. Usually that is the second skill one learns when you mastered knitting. I don't mind that much if the animations are a bit off. It will give the sim something else to look forward to. It need not be big projects, though my granny (who taught me to crochet) made the most beautiful tablecloths, tea nets and bedspreads. So if at all possible?

3. ) A sim may decide about this. I would like them to sit down to knit. but it can obviously also be done at a desk. Usually a table comes in handy when it is time to put your project together.... like the seams of a cardigan/jersey.
    Also if you knit with more than one ball of wool, it might help to keep the balls apart when you can stack them neatly on a desk, like when you are knitting an intarsia pattern.
    Knitting is usually a hobby, and when you knit it is also time for relaxation. So the sim would like to be comfortable. Like to listen to music, or even follow a program on the television. (Naturally this can cause them to make mistakes.... especially when the skill is still quite low. )

4. ) Time taken should match the complexity of the project, as well as the skill level of the sim. Also the size of the project. Knitting a jersey will be faster than knitting a blanket as an example. Also as the skill increases the time taken can be lessened.

5. ) I would prefer not be standing. I would like my sim to do this as a hobby, and to be seated would be far more comfortable than standing. To be able to knit anywhere as long as you have your knitting bag in your inventory is not a bad idea. So one can relax in the park, or at the beach.

6.) The teach to knit interaction is indeed a very important one. The skill is taught to the youngsters by either a mother or granny or even a friend. But, PLEASE.... this interaction should also apply to a child. There can be the requirement of a low level motor skill, or even logic, but it must be applicable to a child as well. They can then build their motor and logic skills by knitting.
    They should be able to brag about their project, discuss their progress or even ask for assistance.

7.) I don't think this is needed. They can already sell their items on the flea market or in a business.
    I would like to see that the completed projects can be donated to an orphanage or an old age home, depending on the object. They already have the ability to make donations, this can be applicable to their crafts as well.

8.) I know that mohair can easily cause someone to itch uncontrollably! Lotion or even a soothing bath may be needed.
    To satisfy the sim with the mischievous trait, they should be able to mock the other, or laugh at them or to gossip. Which should cause a moodlet of being embarrassed or even sad. For the good trait, advice can be given, or a suggestion that the garment does not compliment the personality of the sim.

9.) When one is still learning one is prone to make many mistakes, drop the stitches or even knit the pattern wrong. I would like to see the mentor taking the project off the needle, and then assist with getting back on track.
    One should be mindful of the tension of your garment. If it is too tight the garment will be smaller than it should be, AND you will find it very difficult to push the needle through the loop.

Putting together the garment can easily be done wrong, like stitching the sleeve seam to the side of the garment. This is where a desk will come in handy..... to lay out the garment before putting it together.

It is advisable to measure the project as you go along. especially with a lower skill. One can easily knit it too long or too short.

As a beginner one should use a pattern to read from. And as the skill increases the sim should be able to create patterns for others to use. Even to sell.

10.) Please NO!! It would cause havoc in any house. No homework will be done, no food prepared and no one will go to work. Autonomy in this instance would be a very bad idea.
  • MariKariSMariKariS Posts: 2 New Member
    Q1: With get famous: It would be cool if we can make DIY vlogs and gain fame that way.
    With laundry day: It would also be cool if we can wash the plushies with a slight change of demolishing them.
    Base game: Maybe even being able to make knitted clothes that are already in the game (ugly christmas sweater made by grandma would be SO perfect!).
    Seasons: give crafted presents for winter fest. It would be awesome if granny creates an ugly sweater for all of her grandkids.
    Parenthood: Maybe with parenthood, parents can make their kids wear it. So many great story lines to explore.

Q2: Personally I don't know how to knit but I'm descent at crocheting. I would LOVE to have the ability to crochet. The reason I voted for knitting was that it comes the closest to crochet which I would love having in the game. I would however prefer knitting crochet stuff over not being able to craft it at all.

Q3: From my crochet experience: I usually don't crochet at a desk but in some cases it might happen. Sometimes when applying eyes or embroidering a mouth or other details.

Q4: I don't really know how long it takes to knit compared to crochet but with crochet it takes a while indeed. It however goes much faster once you gain more skill. It would be cool if that is included. From my experience with crochet it takes a few hours to make something small with not a lot of details (a plushie of 10*5 cm) but if you go bigger or more detailed it might take days. I usually don't pick up big projects because I don't like how long they take.

Q5: Standing up knitting would be cool but I think it would be annoying to do so, maybe they can gain a uncomfortable moodlet after a while.

Q6: When I was very young my grandmother attempted to teach me how to knit. I still know the steps, but have no clue what they mean anymore. Actually I think I asked my grandmother if she would teach me how to knit, so that would be cool, if sims can ask level 10 knitters to teach them how to knit. With crochet, my aunt taught me the basics when I was really young and I immediately preferred it over knitting. I didn't do it for several years before I really started crocheting though. Then I got a small pattern and started with that. I also watched a lot of videos on YouTube of people crocheting. It would be cool if you can buy a pattern in build and buy and that your able to knit something from that (like with school projects) and like the help with homework or mentoring in other skills, level 10 knitters should be able to help and gain skill faster. The project will not go faster though and bad knitters should have worse outcomes when their project is done, like with the school projects, one bad quality, one descent and one perfect. If their skill is low, the chances of creating a descent or perfect one is lower.

Q7: Etsy would be very cool! I would love to be able to sell other craftables that are already in the game there as well though: paintings, drawings, little things kids can craft, woodworking table crafts. Also, knitting and crocheting patterns are sold on Etsy. It would be cool if level 8+ knitters can create knitting patterns, like level 8 musicians can write songs. They should be able to sell those patterns in the etsy shop and get payed the way writers get payed for their books.

Q8: at least an uncomfortable moodlet from itch. If the sweater is ugly, for other sims it would be cool to have the mean interaction: comment on ugly sweater. Sims should get embarrassed when that happens, hotheaded sims might even get enraged and take it off and throw it on the floor and jump on it.

Q9: Sorry don't really have any.

Q10: I don't think the interaction should be autonomous. Although it does sound cool, it would also not really make sense. People that knit a lot usually talk a lot about knitting but if the other person is not really interested they probably won't be taught how to knit. I think it should be up to the player to decides who knits and who doesn't. Autonomously continuing a knitting project would be cool though.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    other people have better answered the other questions so i won't bother

"Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? While this might sound trivial, I feel this is very important for gameplay. I’m interested in how people would feel about their level 10 knitter trying to spread their knitting knowledge on others. Let's say you have someone in your family who is a level 10 knitter, if this interaction is autonomous the entire house is going to get a real deep dive into knitting, perhaps constantly.

What are your thoughts on potentially “story intrusive” interactions like this, would you be okay to find your family one day all high-level knitters through natural autonomy? Or should this only be user-directed, meaning on you have the ability to choose who gets schooled on knitting. I’d love to hear your thoughts about these sorts of things."

A10:

I'd like to say that knitting is a hobby not a personality trait, I find that too often in the game a sim does something for fun then that's All They Do, like a guitarist who constantly pulls his guitar out for no reason everywhere he's at. I think autonomously making knitters teach other sims takes player choice away from them. If I want to play a teenager, who lives with his grandparents in a house decorated head to toe by stuff his grandmother knit, that HATES knitting and would never want to learn it the autonomous skill building from his grandmother constantly would ruin the story I'm trying to tell. Let me choose what happens in my game, its bad enough sims are constantly on their phones,i don't need them screaming at each other to knit too.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2020
    I love these questions, which contain some fun ideas.

Q1: Crosspack! I’m planning on making Knitting compatible with things like Get to Work Retail Lots (including Mannequins!), Get Together’s Club Rules, and City LIving’s Yard Sale Table. What else would provide fun crosspack functionality? For example, should knitting provide Fame in some way?

These ideas for cross pack gameplay from GW, GT and CL are all excellent. In addition, from Get Famous, I wouldn't mind if a sim selling a well-crafted knitted object, or gifting it to a celebrity, might receive a little bit of fame. It would also be great if youtubers in that pack were able to make knitting tutorials and videos of the process of completing a project and get even more fame and celebrity from uploading those. From C&D, I would enjoy it if pets, cats especially, could get into the knitting basket and play with balls of yarn, perhaps unravelling them, and maybe even wreaking havoc on any ongoing projects that they might find within, which would then need to be repaired. I would also like it if toddlers could do something similar to the pets with the yarn balls and the unfinished knitting by playing with them autonomously if a yarn basket is able to be accessed by them (left on the ground). From Seasons, I would like to see knitting or knitting together become a holiday activity (suitable for a family fun day type of holiday) as well as the giving of knitted gifts. It sounds like kids and teens are going to be able to knit (or at least I sincerely hope so!) and that being the case, both should receive credit towards various scout badges for knitting and donating knitted objects as well.

In Discover University, I agree with others that there should be a knitting skill class, along with the ability for sims to study knitting on the Research Machines. Robots should be able to knit tirelessly too (more tirelessly than humans) unaffected by hand cramps or feelings of frustration or tenseness that might affect normal human sims. From Realm of Magic, I hope our spellcasters can enchant knitting needles to knit instead of doing it themself by hand. This should proceed faster than normal, too. The ability to knit difficult or big projects would in this case depend on magical skill, not just on knitting ability. From Parenthood, teaching knitting to a child or a teen should encourage some character values in the recipient of the instruction, like responsibility. Giving gifts or donating knitted objects or clothes could teach and improve empathy in the student sims as well. In addition, knitting should be frustrating and hard for the first few levels (depending on the project being undertaken and the mood of the sim), so it could also be an opportunity for parents to teach Emotional Control to their children when they get upset, or to give bad character values if unhappiness or tense moodlets are allowed to run unchecked or get out of control.

Q2: If some “Crochet-Like” objects became craftable through Knitting, how would you personally feel? Happy? Enraged? Strong sense of ennui? We can’t guarantee unique animations for crocheting, but I’d like to still potentially provide them as a craftable object for players.

Happy! Who wouldn't be happy to have existing "crochet-like" objects gain an added functionality to make them craftable? Whatever suitably knitted or crocheted looking items that are already present (although I can't think of many) should definitely become craftable. Maybe the pouf-like cube-table from TL could become able to be knitted for instance, and other similar objects or decor as well. I would also love to have some of the clothes already in game that look knitted become craftable as well, since there are already some nice knitted garments and hats in the game. The more the better.

Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk floating around in concept art that you guys may have seen (49 - 52 in the object vote). What would knitting at one of these desks mean to you, if anything? Asking around the office, nobody knits at a desk, but I’m curious if anyone would find value if the new crafting desk tied in with knitting somehow.

I am not crazy about having knitting be tied to a big object or any object, so this should only happen if knitting is something sims can otherwise do on their own. If so, sure, it could be given some functionality. Perhaps it could cut down on the time it takes to make bigger or more complicated objects (rugs etc). I personally liked 53 better than 49-52 either so if it is picked instead, it could be given functionality too. I hope the rocking chair gives some advantages to knitters too: maybe it could mitigate uncomfortable or tense moodlets with a calm or soothing moodlet, and give a tiny boost to skill. (I hope toddlers and small pets can also be cuddled and rocked in the chair, or, in the case of toddlers, sung or read to sleep).

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to craft, something Sims can save for later and come back to. In your experience, how long have some of your knitting projects taken? I’ll try not to make it feel too grindy, but definitely longer than it takes to paint in our game.

I think the amount of time it takes to knit a project should depend on the skill level of the sim, the object's size, and the difficulty of the project in question. Bigger objects, like the rugs, mailbox covers, poufs, could take 2-3 days, while the wall hangings, pictures, lampshades, toys, stuffies and plant pot covers, could take a day or less (if they are very simple). I just hope most of the knitted objects and decor will win! That is what I mostly voted for. We can get furniture, windows and doors in any pack, but the craftables will only be available here. I also hope that we will get different levels of quality to be reflected in the completed knitted craftables: normal, excellent and a very rare perfect ratings, with increasingly strong buffs or moodlets or relationship boosts accompanying them.

Q5: If your Sim wanted to knit something, but they couldn't find a place to sit, would you be okay with them standing up and knitting? Asking for a friend...

No, sims should not stand while knitting (with the exception of yarnbombing a public landmark from university); it would look so unrealistic. No one in real life would ever knit that way, because managing the knitting needles and the yarn while standing would be difficult. It would be appropriate for a sim to sit on the ground, cross-legged, or perhaps kneel, however, if they wanted to knit somewhere without a seat. And can someone fix those ugly small knitting needles from DU? They look ridiculous: so short and stubby.

Q6: Along with the Mentor interaction, I’d like to include a proper “Teach to Knit” interaction. I’d love to have that moment where the Knitting Master granny teaches their grandchild how to knit. For those of you who experienced similar things, what was that experience like for you? I’m curious what people think this should look like - both animation and story wise.

I love this idea of Sims teaching family members (especially children) to knit. Knitting animations for this interaction should involve the original elder sim demonstrating how to do it, counting stitches, guiding the younger sim's hands, offering lots of praise and encouragement while watching, bonding moodlets, two sims knitting contentedly together (each on their own projects) while chatting, and studying knitting patterns together before a project is started. I would love it if kids could do finger knitting together as well because it would be so cute. I hope more than one sims can learn to knit from a mentor at a time, and also that there can be groups of sims just knitting together in a circle (3 or 4 at a time), while chatting, listening to music, etc. If sims are learning to knit together or just knitting together for fun, there should be an added boost to their rate of knitting skill increase, too.

Q7: I’d like to have some Etsy store-like gameplay, as well as donation gameplay with Knitting. For those of you who may have gone down those paths in real life, what were some interesting takeaways or stories you’d like to see represented?

I love the idea of donations: my mother knitted beautiful toys for sick kids in the hospital, as well as for underprivileged babies and toddlers at Christmas (not to mention giving them to her own children, her grandchildren, her nieces and nephews and their kids, and practically all her relatives, as well as for any baby or toddler she ever met or heard about); she also knitted baby clothes, mittens, scarves and toques for donation to charities or for fundraising church sales etc. Similarly, sims of all ages should be able to knit and donate decor, clothes, objects, toys etc and get both positive moodlets and (if kids or teenagers) improved character values when they do so. Good sims should get their own special moodlet and extra big happy boost from donation, and it should count towards the scout badge for kids too.

I like the idea of an Etsy-like option not just for knitting but for buying and selling the results of other crafting hobbies like woodworking, painting, flower arranging etc too. Etsy stores would be great for selling extra projects online (with markups and other perks not available when selling from the inventory), but should take some time and effort to get up and running, and to maintain. Sims should also be able to buy some special supplies or knitted crafts online as well, and not just sell.

Q8: Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater that they’re wearing only because somebody gifted it for them. What kind of things would you like to see happen to them?

I think the sims' reactions to this item should depend on their traits (and maybe their ages). Materialistic and neat sims should be mortified to be seen wearing such an object. Snob, perfectionist, self-absorbed, art lover, and creative sims should feel uncomfortable with an itchy moodlet, as well as being very embarrassed too. Gloomy sims should get depressed (and maybe also embarrassed), while squeamish sims could feel sick. Mean and hot-headed sims should get angry (and perhaps also embarrassed) and be extra insulting and cruel to others. Genius sims should critique the offending item. Childish sims, children and teens should complain and pout about having to wear it (unless they also have a mitigating trait like good or family-oriented). Sims with no self-control should have a meltdown and stomp around. In addition, all of these sims should also relentlessly mock, laugh at and disdain others that they see wearing an awful, itchy sweater. Slob, lazy and erratic sims shouldn't care either way. However, conversely, family-oriented sims, cheerful, good and loves the outdoors sims should welcome wearing such an item, exhibit pride and pleasure in it, particularly if it was gifted to them from a family member or friend -- there should be a unique moodlet for that and a relationship boost with the original giver of the gift.

Q9: I need your best Knitting puns. Feed them to me.

Don't pull the wool over my eyes, get down to the knitty gritty, stop needling me with your purls of wisdom, you are spinning me yarns here. There are some really good ones earlier in this thread.

Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? While this might sound trivial, I feel this is very important for gameplay. I’m interested how people would feel about their level 10 knitter trying to spread their knitting knowledge on others. Let's say you have someone in your family who is a level 10 knitter, if this interaction is autonomous the entire house is going to get a real deep dive into knitting, perhaps constantly.

I like the idea of some very limited autonomy: perhaps the level 10 knitter could only teach their friends and family members who already had started knitting (level 1 or 2), and then only if both were in a good mood with no outstanding needs or obligations (like going to work, school or extracurricular activity) of any kind. It could also be trait-dependent, so that only good or family-oriented or creative sims would show any interest in autonomously teaching others to knit. Perhaps it could also be dependent on the sims in question having a good relationship too. Knitting should also be an activity that sims drop as soon as they need to do something else like homework, or if they get very uncomfortable. There are some activities that sims don't seem to want to stop doing even if they have needs in the red, but knitting should not be one of them. I guess, in other words, that any autonomy with teaching and learning to knit should be very limited. However, I do hope level 10 knitters will autonomously pull out projects and knit themselves whenever they have a free moment, have needs in the green and aren't going to work.

These were great questions and contain some ideas that seem like they will add a great deal to the gameplay.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • ScalesssScalesss Posts: 10 New Member
    Q1: I think there could be some cute cross-pack animations with cats and yarn! I also think the “Blog about” function for gardening and flower arranging could work for knitting. Kind of a Ravelry situation for anyone who is a knitter.

Q2: I don’t feel like it’s super necessary for a unique animation here. But, objects that looks crocheted would be fine.

Q3: I never knit at a desk, but could it be used as a drawing table? You could reuse the drawing table animation for kids at least.

Q4: I agree with the other answers. It should take different times depending on the object. Maybe unfinished projects could be stashed in a craft basket with an inventory? Like the flower arranging table or the wood carving table

Q5: You can knit standing, but I don’t feel like it’s a necessary animation to focus on. There are other areas which could be focused on.

Q6: My grandma taught me to knit when I was 5 years old. For smaller hands, it can be easier to start with BIG needles and yarn, and then things get smaller and more intricate with time and practice. You start by knitting things that are a solid color rectangle. The first ‘pattern’ you learn is stripes, then you might start to knit things that are different shapes, like hats. Socks and lace should be the highest level skill!

Q7: Love the donate idea :) Especially for good sims, or linked to the Scouting career for kids. Very cute. I think an etsy style shop would be great. Could it be used fo other craft able objects as well (like wood working or bouquets?). I wonder if you could reuse the free-lance system to ‘Fill-orders’.

Q8: Maybe you could include an embarrassed moodlet or confident moodlet for the maker (depending on whether or not they catch-on that the other person hates it). Could makers have a sad moodlet if a person isn’t wearing their hand-made stuff? Like... I spent so much time on that and you don’t even appreciate it!

Q9: Well, sometimes knitting circles are called Stitch and B *****. Maybe you could include a “Knit and Complain” or “Stitch and Whine” or some kind of reference somewhere? That’s all I’ve got.

Q10: I think it’d like for the player to make the first move, and then it to be autonomous after that. Sims seem to be able to ‘learn’ actions that you request for them to do, so I think that’s probably the best route.
  • sierramist6sierramist6 Posts: 10 New Member
    Q1: Fame seems a bit silly. Mostly because of how the fame system in the sims works. There are definitely famous knitters, and pattern makers but the average person outside of the knitting world wouldn't know who they are.
    I'm not sure about other cross-pack ideas, but I'm sure others have some great ones.

Q2: There have been a few things I've looked at in the real world and wanted to talk about with my friends/family who do knit/crochet, but I didn't want to say something was knit when it was actually crochet or vise versa, so, I googled it. Turns out once an item is completed it's hard to tell the difference without examining it. And I have learned that knitting/crochet patterns can sometimes be translated to the other. So from my research I don't see a problem with "crochet-like" being craftable through knitting.

Q3: I LOVE these work desks! But, you're right, nobody specifically goes to a desk to knit. What those craft desks can be used for blocking. It's a method of finishing a knitted/crochet item to make sure it is in the correct shape and has a better chance of staying in that shape; for example, making sure a blanket is square.
    This blocking concept could actually be used as part of the skill tree, more skilled sims block their crafts/garments, while less experienced ones don't, so the quality of the item would be lower/higher depending on it being blocked.
    Be warned though, not everything needs to be blocked, it depends on the yarn used and what it's being made into.

Desks like that are more likely to be used by sewers, scrapbookers, and other types of crafts for their crafting, as it's not as portable as knitting. Knitting only really needs it for finishing. Which almost makes the desks a waste for a knitting pack, if it was multiple crafts/hobbies (like free time had) it would be great.

Q4: Oof. This depends wholly on what's being made, the yarn used, and the technique. A scarf can take half a day or even less with a chunkier yarn, or it can take a week or more if it's a sock-weight. A blanket would take closer to two weeks usually more depending on the size of it. Something more technical like socks or a sweater, while smaller, would take a similar amount of time to a blanket, if not longer. And gloves are probably the most amount of time, despite their size.
    A month is not a long time for some items. Heck, Ravelry sometimes does knit-a-longs where a few rows are posted every day and at the end of the month you have a finished item.

Q5: Heck yes I'd be fine with them standing if they couldn't find a place to sit! My dad has a picture of my mum and some of their friends standing, knitting, and having a conversation!

Q6: My experiences with learning to knit was show and explain while trying/practicing at the same time. So the mentor sim would do an action slowly, like when they were learning the skill, but without the fumbling. The mentee would mirror those actions, slowly and with mistakes. There would be times when the mentor might put down what they're holding to help guide the hands of the mentee. I realise that would be really hard to animate though. Sitting next to each other or across from each other would be fine for this.

Q10: Do NOT make it autonomous!
  • Emiliouna1Emiliouna1 Posts: 7 New Member
    Q1: Crosspack! I’m planning on making Knitting compatible with things like Get to Work Retail Lots (including Mannequins!), Get Together’s Club Rules, and City LIving’s Yard Sale Table. What else would provide fun crosspack functionality? For example, should knitting provide Fame in some way?

A1:Knitting compatibility with the retail system, clubs and sale tables is an excellent idea!!!!! As for the fame system, I don't think it's necessary, although it would be fun to have teens or grannies post online videos with knitting tutorials. It would be nice to have knitting as an elective in Discover University, and it would be fun if all the knitted clothes whould shrink in the washing machine (from Laundry Day) if washed in the wrong temperature (gain negative buffs etc). And it whould be nice if wearing a knitted sweater as everyday outfit provided warmth in the winter so that Sims wouldn't have to change in cold-weather outfits ALL THE TIME.

Q2: If some “Crochet-Like” objects became craftable through Knitting, how would you personally feel? Happy? Enraged? Strong sense of ennui? We can’t guarantee unique animations for crocheting, but I’d like to still potentially provide them as a craftable object for players.

A2: VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY and EXCITED!!!!!

Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk floating around in concept art that you guys may have seen (49 – 52 in the object vote). What would knitting at one of these desks mean to you, if anything? Asking around the office, nobody knits at a desk, but I’m curious if anyone would find value if the new crafting desk tied in with knitting somehow.

A3: Knitting is done on the couch, on a chair, wherever feels comfortable. If you really want to tie it to the art of knitting somehow, you could use it as a storage-desk where Sims can store their creations, or have the Sims knit on the desk while watching tutorials on the pc or laptop (that would be on the desk).

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to craft, something Sims can save for later and come back to. In your experience, how long have some of your knitting projects taken? I’ll try not to make it feel too grindy, but definitely longer than it takes to paint in our game.

A4: The time it takes, usually depends on the complexity of the item you knit. For me it takes from 1 week up to 3 months. I would suggest to have the time vary, depending on the knitting lvl and the complexity of the item. For instance: lvl 1 knitter takes longer to knit the craftables unlocked in lvl 1 category, while lvl 10 knitters knit faster the lvl1-4 unlocked items, little less fast the lvl5-8 items, and less fast the lvl9-10 items.

Q5: If your Sim wanted to knit something, but they couldn’t find a place to sit, would you be okay with them standing up and knitting? Asking for a friend…

A5: Wouldn't love it. It would be nicer to have them sit on the floor (on a rag infront of the fireplace, NOT on their knees) rather than standing up while knitting without a proper place to sit.

Q6: Along with the Mentor interaction, I’d like to include a proper “Teach to Knit” interaction. I’d love to have that moment where the Knitting Master granny teaches their grandchild how to knit. For those of you who experienced similar things, what was that experience like for you? I’m curious what people think this should look like – both animation and story wise.

A6: I whould love to see it in the game, providing that the "knitting veterans" can teach knitting to children (not just adults and teens). I would like to see, let's say, the Granny sit on the couch or rocking chair and knit, while the kid is sitting on the floor watching her knit, and at tims the Granny would "crouch towards the kid and show some detail, and maybe pass it to the kid, after a while take it back to correct, then give it backt to the kid and so on. I would also like to see toddlers watch the Granny in that way and have thm gain thinking and imagination.

Q7: I’d like to have some Etsy store-like gameplay, as well as donation gameplay with Knitting. For those of you who may have gone down those paths in real life, what were some interesting takeaways or stories you’d like to see represented?

A7: I would like to see this as a Freelancer carrer. The Sims choosing this path have automatically the "online store and they recieve orders to deliver in a couple of sim days. The donation gameplay sounds awesome and can work great with Parenthood for kids and teens.

Q8: Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater that they’re wearing only because somebody gifted it for them. What kind of things would you like to see happen to them?

A8: Have a "need-to-scratch moodlet (tense)" for everyone. For teens and kids embarrased moodlet. I would also like to see my Sims pretent it's the best gift ever when they are infront of the sims that crafted it and as soon as this sim leaves, they start scratching like crazy.

Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? While this might sound trivial, I feel this is very important for gameplay. I’m interested how people would feel about their level 10 knitter trying to spread their knitting knowledge on others. Let’s say you have someone in your family who is a level 10 knitter, if this interaction is autonomous the entire house is going to get a real deep dive into knitting, perhaps constantly.

A10: NO!!!!!!!!! Please don't make it autonomous!!!!! It takes away part of the story-telling.

BONUS: Could you, please, consider in adding an "Arts&Crafts" after school activity for kids and Teens???

Thank you!!!!!!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2020
    Q1: Yay for crosspack! I'm really happy that knitting will be compatible with retail and clubs. I would also love it if cats could play with yarn, sims could take knitting classes at university, and give each other knitted gifts. Perhaps knitted clothing/accessories could make our sims feel extra warm and cosy in the cold weather too. I also think knitting should be relaxing and help improve the emotional control value.

Q2: I would be happy with crochet objects. I'm also hoping for some embroidered objects. I welcome variety.

Q3: I would like my sims to use desks for crafts, drawing etc. but for knitting my sim will more likely find a comfy (rocking) chair by the fire.

Q4: I don't knit, but I agree it probably takes a lot of time and focus. I like the idea of our sims being able to do a little each day if they want to. I also like the idea of our sims being able to carry whatever they are knitting around with them in their inventory so they can work on it wherever and whenever they wish.

Q5: I wouldn't mind my sim being able to stand and knit if there is nowhere to sit nearby. I would like to be able to direct my sim to sit or stand to knit where I choose, but I think they should favour sitting like they do when eating.

Q6: I would love a teach to knit interaction! I was never taught properly, but I imagine it's a nice bonding experience and helps you learn much more quickly.

Q7: An Etsy inspired store sounds great and would work well for sims that prefer to sell their crafts online rather than in a retail lot.

Q8: I love the idea of the quality of knitted items having an impact. Wearing an ugly, poor quality jumper could make the sim uncomfortable and itchy, and possibly embarrassed when in public, but at least make the knitter feel happy and appreciated for their efforts.

Q9: Enough with the puns. It's time to get down to the knitty gritty!

Q10: Personally, I am a control freak with my sims, so I would prefer to choose which sims learn to knit and how good they become at it. I tend to have clear ideas about the skills and hobbies my sims have. I wouldn't mind a sim with high knitting skill having a whim to teach their child to knit though. They could also knit autonomously and enthuse about knitting with other sims.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • kfroguarkfroguar Posts: 1 New Member
    Here's my response:

Q1: YES! Crosspack gameplay can be the strongest part of a pack. I like the idea of wearing a hand knit sweater as a tradition in Seasons, a knitting club activity for Get Together, and the possibility of cats getting into yarn stashes. I also think it would be fun to let toddlers and pets play with an unfinished project left out in the open, so the creator would have to fix it or start over. Spellcasters should be able to have their knitting float in front of them like Mrs. Weasley at higher knitting levels.
    Fame would be ok if you sell stuff or can create patterns to share, but I don't think the skill itself should be tied to fame.

Q2: Unbothered by crochet objects. Would be nice to have for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out there.

Q3: As long as we're not punished for NOT knitting at the desk, I don't care. Maybe if a project requires glitter or something it can be finished off at the desk?

Q4: My IRL knitting takes years, but I think Sims should be able to complete a hat/scarf in a few hours, socks/gloves/toys in less than a day, and larger projects like sweaters and poufs in 2-3 days, depending. Given the normal sim lifespan I think that's fair. Also you should be able to recycle yarn from abandoned projects, or at least sell the project for a fraction of what it cost to start.

Q5: that's fine, as long as there is a preference to sit while knitting

Q6: obviously it should build relationship and skill, but if a sim is lazy or a slob or has another appropriate trait, maybe they get tense from Grandma's lesson instead! I never had the patience to sit through crochet lessons myself.

Q7: I've seen some things I can never unsee on etsy/ravelry. Maybe if a sim is shopping online they can get a "why would anyone make THAT?" moodlet, or when they get a product mailed to them it can be of considerably lower quality than advertised.

Q8: Everyone should get an uncomfortable moodlet, but if the wearer has a high relationship with the gifter/is family oriented they should get a positive moodlet as well. Some should get embarrassed if they have to go to a public lot in the sweater. Interactions with someone while wearing something they made should increase the relationship a little faster. Young'ns get a boost to the Manners or Empathy character value for wearing what someone made for them.

Q9: Hoping this is a purl of a pack.

Q10: YES! Let this be autonomous, especially if the two people have a positive relationship. obviously you don't want the interaction too frequently, but that shouldn't be too complicated to find a setting that works.

Some other thoughts I had and just can't keep to myself:
    -Knitting practice could increase certain character values and help destress some sims--but not all!
    -based on my own experience, it would be great to allow people who practice knitting get a small boost in programming skills
    -please let sims choose what color they want to make their projects! Don't let it just be random.
    -let sims buy yarn to knit with! A big part of knitting for me is having a huge stash of yarn that I will never use...but still buying more yarn all the time. Also, different quality yarns yield different quality items. Itchy sweaters are from low-quality yarn, for example.
    -CRAFTABLES ASPIRATION
    -An online marketplace where Sims can buy craftables as well as sell them! including handmade furniture, paintings, etc.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited March 2020
    Welcome to the forums, @SimGuruConor :) Here's my feedback.

Discover University: The Knitting skill added as a factor for the Fine Arts major. From tasks, assignments and studying the skill. | Reference
    Laundry Day: Knittable sweaters shrink over time.
    Parenthood: Knitting increases the Emotional Control factor for teens.

As for fame, I am not sure about becoming famous for knitting. It definitely would be awesome to see knittable items be sold in the markets of San Myshuno, club activities for Get Together and opening up a retail shop with knitted items.

I do not want anything related to the broken emotions system, please.
    Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk floating around in concept art that you guys may have seen (49 - 52 in the object vote). What would knitting at one of these desks mean to you, if anything? Asking around the office, nobody knits at a desk, but I’m curious if anyone would find value if the new crafting desk tied in with knitting somehow.

The only thing I could think of would be that it's a place for storing knit-related items. Possibly drawing up some designs and stuff like the Drafting Table from The Sims 3: Ambitions. Not sure.

I am not a knitting expert nor a knitter, so I am not the best person to answer this question. I'll skip this.
    Q5: If your Sim wanted to knit something, but they couldn't find a place to sit, would you be okay with them standing up and knitting? Asking for a friend...

I don't mind them standing up while knitting, but I don't want them to have some sort of bug at the end of the day where they would prioritize in standing up while knitting over sitting. Please fix the routing issues in this game. :)
    Q6: Along with the Mentor interaction, I’d like to include a proper “Teach to Knit” interaction. I’d love to have that moment where the Knitting Master granny teaches their grandchild how to knit. For those of you who experienced similar things, what was that experience like for you? I’m curious what people think this should look like - both animation and story wise.

Never experienced, but I'd like to see it in-game fleshed out nicely. More gameplay = better DLC.

I don't knit, so I can't tell you a personal story.

The first thing that came up in my mind...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0BDjtY-lbU

Discomfort.

Can't think of any...
    Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? While this might sound trivial, I feel this is very important for gameplay. I’m interested how people would feel about their level 10 knitter trying to spread their knitting knowledge on others. Let's say you have someone in your family who is a level 10 knitter, if this interaction is autonomous the entire house is going to get a real deep dive into knitting, perhaps constantly.

What are your thoughts on potentially “story intrusive” interactions like this, would you be okay to find your family one day all high-level knitters through natural autonomy? Or should this only be user-directed, meaning on you have the ability to choose who gets schooled on knitting. I’d love to hear your thoughts about these sorts of things.

1. This should be reserved for level 10 Knitters only.
    2. This interaction should happen autonomously but not too often.
    3. This interaction can be rejected if the Sim being asked is in a bad mood.
    4. This interaction can be declined if the Sim being asked isn't in a good enough relationship.
    5. This interaction has the chance of being denied if the Sim being asked has the traits Erratic, Snob, Childish, Lazy, Non-Committal and Mean.
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • TMcAuley91TMcAuley91 Posts: 13 New Member
    1) Not sure about the Fame element but I know there are loads of youtube etc videos made by knitters out there so if we could have the video station have a knitting category that would be super cool. Love your other suggestions but can we have a knitting inspired badge for clubs so we can have knitting club?
    Also would love to see it as an elective class at university & possible a freelancer career. Think it would also be cool if spellcasters could use a spell to knit (Like Mrs Weasley in Harry Potter). Letting Kids/Teens knit and having a scout badge added for it would be good.
    Also mittens / gloves and scarfs to go with seasons & wee jackets etc for pets so they can be included.
    If we could make place mats or cutlery holders and use these in restaurants.
    Could knit items to keep warm for outdoor retreat like blankets.
    Can knitted items be used as gifts and yarn balls for cat & dog toys (my wee cat loves to play with wool balls).
    Can Sims that have maxed the skill write how to guides to help other Sims?
    For dogs would be cool if they could have an interaction where they try to pull on the item your crafiting – but something that if reprimanded a few times for they would learn to not do it, like real dogs learn.

2) I would love if some Crochet-like items were craftable the more we can knit the better!

3) Probably wouldn’t knit at a desk but would use it to lay out designs to add edging or flatten a design out once I finished the pattern. Would also use the desk space for to lay out design patterns so I could plan items but before I started.

4) I think it should depend on the project as to how long it takes to complete, few hours for a scarf longer for a rug. The more complex patterns take longer than simple ones, the more colours in a design the longer it should take as well even for a simpler item cause you’d need to change wool colour.

5) Would prefer they sat feel it would be more relaxing that way, also feel that if they could stand, they would do this over sitting as you currently see with food. Sims tend to stand and eat even with an empty table and chairs in same room but next time they sit so it can’t be routing issue.

6) I loved sitting with my gran when she taught me some basic knitting. I remember her being patient (maybe a positive moodlet Sims could have?) and showing me what to do not just talking me through it. It would be great to see the older Sims teach younger ones having a show them how to then letting them copy so it felt different from mentor interaction.

7) Not used Etsy but I think an interaction to talk about it or advertise it would be cool and maybe give a sales frequency boost for a short time. Would also like an interaction where they could pack item and take to post box to have the item sent for delivery.

8) An uncomfortable moodlet for sim waring it unless the sim that gifted it to them was in room in which case they should get a positive moodlet from making the gifter sim happy, and gifter sim should get a positive (Happy) moodlet if they see another sim wearing a gifted craft item and possibly a sad moddlet if they see the giftee sim itching in the jumper or not wearing it in x time (maybe a week or even 3 laundry washes if you had laundry day).

9) Knit got any, sorry!

10) Would not like it to be autonomous would mean I can’t tell the stories I want, if I have a tech or foodie Sim don’t want them forced into learning knitting. I like the teach interaction but only if player initiated. Would be good to have an ask to teach interaction though so it doesn’t always have to be Sim with the skill leading this and can add to game play and story by allowing a sim to want to learn.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited March 2020
    A1: Crosspack: all the things you mentioned seemed good, even vital (clubs, retail, yard sale). I don't see any need to have knitting increase fame. As others have mentioned, it should add focus, though, and would be great if it could calm kids/teens down. (Please don't neglect giving the ability to kids!)

Also, I want to add that I was skeptical about the items that would be in this vote, but I was really pleasantly surprised with some of the nice items, and I am particularly thrilled with the rocking chairs. But I didn't see any items whatsoever for sim-crafted cat/dog toys, and as far as cross-pack functionality goes, this seems like a major omission.

Also, could there be odd jobs/gigs (Island Living) tied to knitting: like, knit three pairs of socks for X. (Number of items should be tied to how long it takes to complete them, this shouldn't take days to finish.) Also would be great to include charitable options: donate items on the computer, add an organization to the others you can donate money to (something like, Knitting for Newborns? Or something more clever than that.) You could also add an option to the group volunteer activities (something like, "knit socks for nursing home/homeless shelter").

A2: “Crochet-Like” objects: sounds good to me!

A3: crafty desk: I don't have strong feelings about this either way, although honestly I probably won't ever use this item.

A4: crafting time: please don't make it too long. You suggested longer than painting, but I hope it's not significantly longer, though it should be tied to the size/complexity of the item. If you have to pause an item and come back to it later, I would hope that the unfinished item could go in your inventory, so that, for example, you could start an item at home and then take it to the park to finish.

A5: Standing? Yes, this would be fine, and would certainly be better IMO than crouching on the floor, but the preference should always be for sitting if there is any kind of seating available.

A6: “Teach to Knit” interaction: I don't have personal experience with this, so I will defer to others re: how it should look, but this interaction is a must-have.

A7: Etsy: I will defer to others here as well. I assume we would order (or sell) on the computer and/or phone and then the items would arrive in the mail? Could sims both sell and buy? Would sims be able to own both a brick & mortar retail location and and online storefront, and if they owned both, could it be optional to either connect them or have them as separate businesses? Just a thought, but I could see where that might be too complicated for a stuff pack. And honestly, considering that this is a stuff pack, I think the Etsy is cute but it's not what I care about most and I wouldn't want it to take too much time away from the basic gameplay and items.

A8: "Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater that they’re wearing only because somebody gifted it for them. What kind of things would you like to see happen to them?": I know you are going to go down the moodlet path here, but please, please, don't make these moodlets so strong or long lasting that they completely overwhelm the more important things going on with the sim. I wonder if there's any way you could tie this in with Laundry Day... like, "accidentally" shrink/shrunk sweater in the wash. I don't know whether that would be more of a moodlet or an interaction, but it could be cute.

A9: This is not a knitting pun per se, but I am going to be a huge nerd and suggest a moodlet that alludes to Macbeth. Per my suggestion above to calm down by knitting, I think it would be cute to have sims get a brief happy/content moodlet after their anger/stress goes away that says, "knit up the ravell'd sleeve of care."

A10: Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous? No, no, no, and hell no. I cannot stress strongly enough how much this should not be autonomous. There should be a player-directed action, with a "teach to knit" interaction and an "ask to teach to knit" interaction.

It would also be great if there were new friendly interactions to discuss knitting, but only if you can avoid that annoying fishing issue where every sim in the game has level 10 fishing because the not-currently-played sims are constantly gabbing about fishing everywhere you go, even if they've never actually fished.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited March 2020
    Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to offer our suggestions :)

Q1 Yes to cross-pack functionality! Love the idea of my sims selling their creations in retail shops. Knitting clubs would be fun for sims who like to knit to show off their creations and discuss knitting. It would be nice to have a new club icon to go along with it. I also think it would be fun for knitted clothing to be tied into the style influencer career. Also cats and kittens playing with yarn. Perhaps there could also be a way to see a sim gift a knitted object to another sim.

I don’t have the Get Famous pack, but I like the idea a few other forum members mentioned about vlogs, like a sim version of YouTube, and gaining fame as their knitting skills improve and viewer count grows.

Not exactly cross-pack functionality, but I think a high-level knitter would gain positive moodlets from being near a knitted item. This could be toggled on and off like the energizing, playful, flirty décor. Or a knitting TV channel where sims get an inspired moodlet but not necessarily gain knitting skill.

Q2: I don’t knit or crochet, but I would be fine with this. The more types of craftable items the better.

Q3: I love the desk! As I’m not a knitter, I can’t comment on how knitting would work. I do other crafts IRL, and a craft table is a must. I would love to pretend my sims are using the desk for other types of crafty projects. It would also make a great storage place for the yarn and needles. If a yarn ball is left on the desk, maybe a cat could jump on the desk and play with it. A toddler might see the end of a slightly unraveled yarn ball draped over the edge and pull on it.

I think having the option to knit from any seated position (couch, chair, bed, bench, etc.) would be the best way to go, as well as being able to knit anywhere (at home, in a coffee shop, while camping, etc.). The sim would just need to have yarn/needles and/or a started project in their personal inventory and can take it out to work on it whenever and wherever. They could multitask (example: knitting while watching TV).

Q4: I can’t help with length of time for specific items, but I think a smaller, simpler item should take a lot less time to craft than a larger, more complicated project.

Q5: I think it might be okay for short periods of time, like getting up from the couch and carrying the needles and yarn to another seat. If the sim does knit while standing, I think an uncomfortable moodlet after about an hour is appropriate.

Q6: I would like to see the mentor showing the child how to get started. The child would watch and try to copy their actions. I can see the child being really frustrated at first and having to restart or undo the part that was messed up. The mentor could offer words of encouragement, and as the child’s knitting skill goes up, he/she would receive positive moodlets.

Q7: I think it would be fun to have an Etsy type of business with posting items for sale and all other interactions via the phone or computer. Then the final product is mailed to the customer. The better quality the item it is, the more sales the sim would make. I would love this as a freelance career.

I also love the idea of donating items. I work in a hospital, and there are staff who knit blankets and baby hats for patients and around the community in general.

Q8: Definitely would like to see them scratching and pulling the sweater away from their neck and wrists. If they wear the sweater for an extended period of time, there could be a rash that can be soothed with a shower or bath and soaks.

Q9: Sorry, I don’t have any.

Q10: No, I don’t think this should be autonomous. I would rather have only the sims I want to learn knitting to have the option, so it should be player directed.

• AstridSadeAstridSade Posts: 5 New Member
    FYI, I crochet not knit, but I think they are similar enough to answer these questions.

Q1: Pets was the first thing to come to mind. I think that pets (specifically cats) should be able to get in your yarn to play with it. They'd really be messing it up and your Sim would need to untangle it. Knitting little cat toys like cat nip mice would be super cool. If your knitted clothes could come out of the washer staticy that would be a cool little feature too. Maybe make the yarn bombing from University add to the knitting skill. Can we crochet and drink tea or watch TV at the same time?

Whatever you do please make knitting work off the grid, lol.

Looking into the future, if you ever make that farming pack everyone is frothing at the bit over maybe you can make sheep or alpacas, collect their wool and make yarn.

Q2: Are you planning on making a crochet pack? No? Then I have no problem with knitting something that would be crocheted. I want to make cute little amigurumi and sweaters. I'm not that hung up on the technical differences. Don't sweat over the small stuff.

Q3: I really like the concept art for like a crafting room / nook. I think you should be able to knit at any sitable surface (dining table, desk, coffee table) surface. I most commonly crochet sitting on my couch watching TV or at my dining room table. I think making it so that you can only knit at a specific crafting desk would be a mistake.

Q4: I crochet. Some projects definitely take longer than others. You need to think about size and the difficulty of the stitch. Small plushies, scarves and hats take a day or two. Blankets take forever. I made a rug for my son's room while I was pregnant and it took months. Big special heirloom projects should take a long time. Maybe make it so you can be working on multiple projects so it doesn't seem like your grinding on one at a time?

Q5: One of the things I love about crocheting is that it travels well. You don't need a lot of room to set up and you only need to carry whatever hook and yarn your working with. That being said, standing and crocheting is not for me. I'd be afraid I was going to drop my work.

Q6: I'd love to teach kids to knit in game. That would be adorable. We definitely need more family interactions. My grandmother / mother didn't teach me to knit, but we did other projects together (cross stitching, macrame, baking cookies) and I'd like some of that experience in game. They were fond moments. I think what it would look like animation wise is the adult trying to teach the child and maybe they don't get it at first. They look a little frustrated and maybe they have to take the stitching apart. They eventually get it and have a 'aha' moment when they gain a skill point or two. If they already have a few skill points in knitting they can chat, knit together and along the way hold up their work and show their progress.

Q7: I haven't sold anything on Etsy, but I would love to see it in game. I would like to have it for all craftable items, not just knitting. Can I please sell my wood working projects on Etsy too :) That would be way cooler than selling from inventory. I think if you are going to earn fame it would be from your Etsy store, not from just knitting alone.

Q8: I think when they are really annoyed or uncomfortable they scratch so much they just start pulling on the end of the yarn and pull the pile apart. They end up in a pile of yarn. The hipster Sims should really love their ugly sweaters though.

Q9: Knitting takes balls [of yarn], knit happens, knitty gritty (yes, I googled knitting puns), maybe you could be a little cheeky and throw some jokes about those knitting pieces that would clearly be crocheted in real life (we're not 🐸🐸🐸🐸).

Q10: It should not be autonomous unless the person who is being taught is creative or has some other similar trait. And I'd say this should only be for children and maybe teens. It would be kind of out of character to see my sim who is a sports freak bro or wall street tycoon or anything else just sit down and start knitting with granny. I would prefer teaching knitting would not be autonomous. It also makes it feel more special if it's something you have to initiate.
  • tallulahkaytallulahkay Posts: 2 New Member
    Q1: I would love for Sims to be able to be a freelance Crafter as a career. They could open up an online shop and get commissions. Their online store could get ratings based on the time and quality of their work. They could write blog posts or record vlogs or tutorials and have an online following. I would also love for knitting to be somehow incorporated with the mischief skill. If you’re a sim with high mischief and knitting skills it would be a fun prank to be able to do “yarn bombing” like knitting lamp posts, trees, Street signs or mailboxes.
    Scouts could learn to knit and earn their arts and crafts badge through knitting.
    I would love to see wear/gift/make something by hand as an option for clubs and holidays.
    Knitting should be an elective at University.
    Cats should definitely play with yarn balls.

Q2: I’m not a knitting purist... crochet away!

Q3: knitting at a crafting desk isn’t necessary for me. Being able to knit while talking, listening to the radio or watching tv is more essential to me.

Q4: certain items should take longer than others but I do think that time it takes should decrease the higher skill the sim has.

Q5: no opinion on this one.

Q6: if a sim teaches you a skill you should get a relationship boost or think about them when you do that skill. I know my Grandma had certain techniques and tricks that she had developed. Maybe if someone is a master knitter they should be able to pass on unique patterns or skills. I’d love a social option of “knit together” while chatting, listening to music or watching tv.

Q7: I love this!!! I think Sims should be able to order/purchase knitted and hand-crafted goods Online maybe in the same way that you can browse adoptable pets? You can see who made it and how high quality it is and what the price is. Selection changes daily. It would be great to purchase items crafted from knitting or from the flower arranging bench or the woodworking table, etc but also items from Selvadora, rare posters, figurines, minerals and other collectibles, honey, herbal potions, etc. I think everyone child and up should be able to list and buy goods. I used to have an Etsy store and sometimes when you’re hand making an item it is made to order. It might be cool to get orders from people and you have a certain number of days to complete it. This could affect your online business and your ratings. See question 1.

Q8: depending on their age and personality I think it would affect them differently. I think they could be uncomfortable or embarrassed but depending on how high their relationship is to the person they made it they could also feel happy. I think if the sim has passed on who made the sweater it might make them feel happy/nostalgic. Maybe they think of the sim who made it when they are wearing it. I think that it might be a fun/funny interaction for knitters to be able to pressure sims to wear the items they made for them. Like grandparents or parents or older siblings “encouraging” sims to wear the item. I do think that if a Sim wears an item made by another sim it should give their relationship a boost.

Q9: Mother of Purl, Basic or Premium Cable, Fair Isle Friend, You had me in stitches, crochet or the highway, Yarnival, Purlescent, Knitwit, Knitty Gritty, Cast on/Cast off (that’s either like wax on/wax off or clap on/clap off)

Q10: I would personally prefer that learning to knit is not autonomously learned. But if some ones a knitter they usually like to talk about knitting. I think it could be cool that if someone is already a knitter and they talk to other knitters they might learn a new technique or pattern from them.
  • leafbatsleafbats Posts: 1 New Member
    Q1) I love crosspack functionality! I would like the ability to sell knitted items at the retail shops with Get to Work and the yard sale table and Flea Market in City Living, as well as have a knitting club with Get Together, as you mentioned. I would also love to be able to gift craftables during holidays with Seasons and enroll in a knitting elective class with Discovery University. However, I don't like the idea of knitting gaining fame.

Q2) Honestly, the more craftables the better, so personally I wouldn't mind.

Q3) I mean, I love the desks and wouldn't necessarily be opposed to having some kind of crafting functionality tied to the desk. However, I would hate for knitting to be locked to a dedicated knitting station. I want the freedom to knit anywhere, on any standard seating.

Q4) I don't knit personally, but I do know that some larger-scale projects (such as blankets) can take quite a while to complete while others not so much. I love the idea of being able to work on a project a little bit at a time rather than all in one stride. I think the length of time that it takes to complete a certain project should depend on the size and complexity of the project.

Q5) Yes! While I would definitely prefer to have my sims sit while they knit, I think that having the option to stand while doing it would be nice as well. (Thinking of legacy/rags to riches players who start with minimal or no funds and may not be able to afford a chair at the start of their game but would like to sell knitting projects as a source of income.)

Q6) Again, not a knitter myself so I haven't experienced this BUT I LOVE THE IDEA! I think this functionality could work well with knitting clubs as well, kinda like having an interactive knitting class.

Q7) Once again, I can't really speak from experience but I love the idea of having an Etsy shop. I'm not sure how detailed this will be able to be given that this is only a stuff pack, but I would at least like the ability to set prices, package the items, and ship them with the mailbox.

Q8) I love this idea too! Some things I would like to see are signs of discomfort (scratching, rash, etc.), other sims reacting to the item either directly or passively (a rare positive reaction would be great too), moodlets (sad/uncomfortable/embarrassed when wearing one of these items, happy if you see someone wearing one of these items that you created, etc.).

Q9) The best I can come up with is "knit happens." 😂

Q10) I think some autonomy would be okay but not as aggressive as you're describing, at least not 100% of the time. Maybe it could be tied to a trait such as "Knitting Enthusiast"?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited March 2020
    Q1:
    It would be nice to knit items that look like knitted items (clothes etc) that are in game already !!!
    and I really want to make yarn store so it would be great if we could sell yarn rolls as separate item needed for knitting
    (similarily to how we have upgrade parts you would need more yarn rolls for bigger projects etc)
    + cats should be able to play with yarn and mess up our sims knits
    Q3 & Q2:
    I don't really fancy idea of knitting at desk as much
    I'd like to be able to knit anywhere sims can sit (arm chair,lounger, dining chair, bed...)
    and they could carry the knitting needles and yarn in inventory
    or store them in basket

but maybe sims could make the other yarn crafts that don't seem knitted at desk?
    like wall decors and crocheted objects and such that don't really seem ''knitted'' and hence the knitting animation looks bit silly for them?
    I don't really mind the crochet vs knit thing as long as its yarn craft but i think this could be good work around perhaps?
    Q4:
    fastest knitting lady I know makes socks in 2 hours but that is like extreme master knitter speed
    maybe it could take very long time for sims that are bad at knitting and they'd get faster at it when they raise the skill
    + there could be speed knitter reward as well

realistically though it does take few days easily
    Q5:
    maybe they could kneel like with homework etc? people do knit standing up sometimes but its very rare
    + maybe it could result in uncomfortable moodlet though since it is not very ergonomic either way

it be nice if sims could sit on ground like normal people though TT
    Q6:
    teaching sim knitting and explaining what they are doing
    and other sims watching and trying to do the same maybe?

personally mostly it goes like this though:

me: *goes ask for help*
    mom: *takes knitting and shows me what to do*
    me: *does not understand is confused*
    mom: *shows again*
    me: * still does not understand*
    mom: *gets frustrated and knits whole sock*
    me: I was supposed to knit that though?
    Q7:
    as for donations id like to be able to knit baby onesies and send them to babies at hospitals and such perhaps?
    Q8:
    realistically the reason your sweater may be itchy is because you chose wrong yarn so maybe there could be ''itchy yarn'' and everything made of itchy yarn ends up itchy but if you don't use itchy yarn its all fine or maybe only sims with wool allergy would get itchy problems?
    Q10:
    nope I prefer to choose when my sims learn and what and it would bother me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jaasimmer12jaasimmer12 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello! I love that the Sims 4 team is reaching out for even more feedback from the community!

Q1: Cats and Dogs - cats and dogs should be Abel to play with yarn, tear up knitting projects in progress when left out, and I still definitely want to be able to knit a current CAS pet sweater!
    Seasons - I would like to be able to gift knitted projects to sims on holidays. Maybe have an ugly sweater party option, under holiday traditions an option to choose “wear ugly sweater”
    Parenthood - toddlers maybe should be able to make a mess with yarn? ALSO I would like to see knitting increase emotional control in kids and teens.
    Laundry Day - it would be cool to see the sweaters shrink in the drier
    I definitely want to see children be able to interact with the knitting skill.

Q2: wouldn’t bother me at all, happy

Q3: Maybe children could be tied to the desk while they practice knitting and be mentored at the desk (like helping with homework), I would like sims to be able to sit at a desk to knit but I don’t think any special animations for the desk are necessary.

Q4: I think knitting should take longer than painting with poor quality results with lower skills, but the same time as painting as the skill increases over 5-6 level. I like the idea of stopping and starting again. And I really like the idea of being able to multitask (talk, watch tv, listen to music, etc) while knitting.

Q5: I would stay they should stand only if they are off lot? If they are at home (and not an elder) I would like to see them sit on the ground to knit over standing.

Q6: I imagine the granny in her rocking chair and her kid grandchild kneeling on the floor next to her and talking as they knit at about the same pace. The child would get frustrated and rage quit here and there but I think it would Increase emotional control. I think that kneeling and knitting things should definitely be available for all the younger life states.

Q7: As someone who buys from Etsy for gifts but doesn’t knit myself, I don’t see this as a huge priority. They can sell their items in their inventory to gain money and I think the resources that would go into this project would be better used somewhere else.
    That’s said, maybe they could register online and someone could request them to knit something? Like in the sims 3 opportunities? This would also be cool for handiness skill (repairing)(carving/crafting), and maybe painting?
    Maybe it would be an odd job? I don’t think a whole freelancer career is necessary.

Q8: They should definitely get an uncomfortable buff for as long as they wear it. Maybe they get mad if they wear it for too long?
    Someone mentioned getting a rash that goes away with a bath, love that idea.

Q9: “She is on point! Needle point!” “Knit happens”
    “Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the yarn is so delightful, and since we’ve no place to go, another row another row another row 🎶❄️“

Q10: I don’t think so, I would like it if it could be very infrequent but I can imagine it being all the time and messing up story lines and making hanging with grandma no fun.

Thank you for the questions! I love giving feedback!
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I know I've already answered the first question, but I wanted to go back over it in more detail.

Expansion Packs

Get to Work: Likely retail
    Get Together: Club system. Obviously, knitting is something they would do as a club, but maybe also wearing knitted stuff is something they could do as well? Or like a requirement for joining a club?
    City Living: Could be sold during the Flea Market
    Cats and Dogs: Dogs and cats could maybe play with yarn? I know my dog has chewed up things I'm working on. I'm allergic to cats but I know there's a lot of ugly sweaters of them playing in yarn. It would be fun if pets could potentially destroy the stuff sims are working on, because that would offer more for training them.
    Seasons: I mean, make sure the knitted clothes will work for cold weather clothing? Right? Also, if gifts are given during Winterfest/whatever gift giving celebrations players create, sims will autonomously change into any knitted clothing they are given? I mean, the potential for awful, awkward holiday sweaters is huge. Maybe that could be a new holiday tradition - wear awful, uncomfortable sweaters made by family members during the holiday? Or you could add it as like an ugly sweater party - where they drink and wear ugly sweaters and I realize that this is perhaps getting into adding a type of party as opposed to a tradition, but think about it. I love to wear ugly sweaters in the winter. The more garish the better.
    Get Famous: I could see people doing knitting tutorials with the drone and uploading it. And then again, if they sell their work, it should work similar to painting - knitting itself doesn't make you famous, but selling what you create should. Obviously the higher quality work produced, the more fame you'll gain.
    Island Living: I can't really see how anything would fit for this.
    Discover University: Obviously there should be a knitting elective class. Maybe something with pranks they do? It would be cool if you could knit some of the clothing/decor in the colors of the universities. I learned to knit in college from a college club, and it would be cool to see stuff like that.

Game Packs

Outdoor Retreat
    : I can't see how anything would fit for this, with the exception of being able to knit while camping.
    Spa Day: Ditto to above
    Dine Out: Ditto to above
    Vampires: Would it be possible to use the knitting needles to kill a vampire/revert them back to human?
    Parenthood: I've seen some people say that knitting should add character values/whatever they're called. Maybe emotional control? I know for me, knitting was always something I could do to help me zone out and not be as stressed.
    Jungle Adventure: I can't really see how this would relate, unless there's a way to knit a protective covering to protect from bugs.
    Strangerville: Again, I think that if knitters go to a public place, they should be allowed to eavesdrop on others and maybe gather information about the mystery that way.
    Ream of Magic: Maybe spells to make knitting go faster? Or spells to create the craftables without having a high enough skill? If any of the knittable toys get added in (like the animals or the little death grim reaper) it would be cool to have them be able to become familiars.

Stuff Packs

Luxury Party Stuff: Can't see how this would connect, unless you add a knitting party.
    Perfect Patio Stuff: Dunno
    Cool Kitchen Stuff: Ditto above
    Spooky Stuff: If the grim reaper toy makes it in, maybe have that be part of the party decorations?
    Movie Hangout Stuff: Sims should be able to knit while watching TV/movies. That's mostly when I knit. Maybe if they do that the knitting will result in a failure though, no matter their skill level, because they're not paying attention? But it'll also add fun so no negative moodlets associated because it's just to relax?
    Romantic Garden Stuff: Maybe something related to the wishing well?
    Kids Room Stuff: Potentially nothing, unless kids can learn to knit?
    Backyard Stuff: I don't see how this will relate
    Vintage Glamour Stuff: Ditto above, unless maybe butlers can finish uncompleted knitting for sims, but only when given directions to do so?
    Fitness Stuff: I don't see how this will relate
    Toddler Stuff: Maybe toddlers can also play in the yarn? Or destroy projects?
    Laundry Day Stuff: I don't have this pack, but maybe knitting can be destroyed if it's washed? I don't know how that would work though.
    My First Pet Stuff: Maybe one of the gifts the pets bring back from their travels is knitwear?
    Moschino Stuff: I haven't really played around with this as much, but maybe there will be freelance assignments where they need to photograph sims in knitwear?
    Tiny Living Stuff: I don't know how this would relate, if I'm honest.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • 3liza3liza Posts: 18 Member
    Q1: Get famous: It would be nice if we could make knitting videos / tutorials. (and to have an interaction on the computer to watch knitting videos :) )
    Discover university: yarn bombing should give knitting skill. And of course, knitting is an elective.
    Cats and Dogs: A misbehaving attitude is playing with the yarn / needle and your sim can teach them not to! (now if only we could do that in real life...). Also: my cat always lay down on my projects when I'm knitting so that another behaviour that would be fun to have.
    (On top of the one you're already mentionned)

Q2: It would be nice to have "crochet-like" objects even if we don't have the proper animation, but the description should say it's a crochetted item not a knitted item (or not say anything at all).

Q3: Those tables can be used to block big objects so it's super useful! Also, if the sims can knit at them, then we can roleplay that they are doing machine knitting which is super cool. Also: _storage. More storage is always good.

Q4: Would it be possible to have different crafting time depending on how often you have knitting a particular object? I think that the first time should take significantly longer than the second / third / etc attempts.
    As for reference: it took me one week to knit a fair-isle hat, two to knit a fair-isle reversible headband (so twice as large as a normal headband then sawn together) and about two months for a sweater. I can make mittens and socks in a couple days.
    (not full days since I work full time and can't knit the whole day away)

Q5: Sims should be able to knit everywhere and anywhere. Which include standing! (I have done that myself)

Q6: I used to knit a lot with my grandmother. At the beginning she would knit the first two rows for me and then let me knit and checking from time to time that I was still on the right path. And she would fix the errors I made for me. As I grew older, she would just tell me the pattern she was using for her project and leave me at it.
    Now we mostly just sit side by side and knit together and exchange tips.
    I did also learn a lot of knitting on YouTube so it would be nice if we could have a similar interaction on the computer!

Q7: Would it be possible to sell "patterns" on the Sim-Etsy? Even better if we could write pattern books and sell them there too, although just having a line on the computer / phone saying publish a pattern would be super great. Especially if we can have another one saying browse/buy patterns

Q8: I think the sims would scratch themselves a lot. Also, if possible, a small increase in relationship if the gifter see the giftee with the sweater.

Q10: Is it possbile to have an autonomoys action with a low priority? Like it can happen from time to time, but the sims would prefer doing something else so that they don't "spam" everyone with their knowledge. If it's not possible then no.

Thank you very much for asking us those questions! As a knitter, I was quite worried about how the gameplay will be and this reassured me quite a lot!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    A1: Ways to gain fame with knitting? Of course it would be filming with drone and uploading with the video recording and editing station. Plus it would be great to see knitting classes and optional courses in Discover University. Maybe add special animation to spellcasters so they would use magic in knitting.

A2: I honestly wouldn't mind. It is possible to do that in real life, but it would be a little harder (as there isn't any hooks on knitting needles).

A3: I actually want my sims to be able to knit at desks. At school, people do it. I do it when possible. It's a comfortable way to put yarns somewhere without them dropping on floor (I'm a germophobe).

A4: Smaller projects take less than a month, larger more. It would be great if sims do it faster as skill increases as I have had unfortunate moments where a needle comes out and my craft gets destroyed and I have to do it all over again and I had trouble knitting in certain ways.

A5: Yes, I would be (as a germophobe, I have done it near a table so I can put yarn on it).

A6: When teaching others to knit, I'd like to see sims demostrate it to others, have them do the same, and correct them if they do something wrong.

A7: I don't have any answers to that.

A8: Uncomfortable moodlet, they start scratching themselves while thinking badly about the maker.

A9: Wool you like to knit?

A10: I think it should be between family, close friends, or club members. It would be a really uncomfortable experience when a stranger breaks into my home to teach me knitting...
  • brookiepeoplesbrookiepeoples Posts: 11 New Member
    @SimGuruConor You’re awesome! Thank you so much for letting the community have so much opportunity for feedback every step of the way!!! I can’t wait for this pack!

Q1:
    I love the ideas of gifting the items for holidays, finding the items at the flea market, cats playing with yarn, sweaters shrinking in the laundry, love the idea of having ways to sell your crafts, and affecting parenthood character traits.

Q2: I say the more items we can craft the better, doesn't matter how they are made to serve the greater gameplay benefits.

Q3: I would love for there to be a reason to have a craft desk, not just a piece of furniture that serves no purpose. So maybe you can knit faster at the desk, or plan out your projects, but I really like the idea of having a craft room, and tangible things to do in that craft room other than just sit in a rocking chair to knit.

*on a off topic note, could we rock toddlers in the rocking chair pretty please? And babies if they are ever freed? :)

Q4: I love this idea of having ongoing projects to work on, not just something that can be finished in a day!

Q5: I would like for them to be able to sit on the ground or kneel instead.

Q6: I think it would be sweet if the relationship mattered, like if the sims are close, it’s something the trainee want to do, but if they aren’t close it’s more of a pain for the sim that’s learning. I would love to see the relationship increase while they are teaching as well if it’s going well, (Unless it goes downhill and then the relationship could decrease)

Q7: I love this idea! Fulfilling orders is a great way to have lots of reasons to knit even when you’ve already filled your own house with all of the available crafts. It would be nice to have customer reviews of the products that affect how popular your site is based on the quality of work your sims do!
    On the flipside, I’d love for sims who do not knit to have the option to buy things on the etsy site too! They need all of the cute craftables in their house even if they can’t make them, and it would be fun to surf the web and see what products are available (Hopefully it could change every time they check back)

Q8: I’d love for the sim that gifted it to be happy they are wearing it, but the person being secretly miserable if they are wearing a low quality made itchy item.

Q10: I do not want all my sims to know how to knit. Just specific ones. So even if knitters want to talk about it to people a lot, that’s fine, but I’d like to pick who actually learns it.
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Q1: I don't have Get Famous, so I don't really care if knitting increases fame or not. I mean it seems kind of weird to me, but to each their own I guess. But I do have some preferences regarding other packs.

Cats & Dogs: is my number #1 go to pack, so I would LOVE it if cats could play with yarn balls. And as others have mentioned, it would be great if cats and/or dogs could destroy projects too and Sims getting maybe a tense moodlet due to having to start from scratch.

Get Together I think a knitting club, or knitting as a club activity would be really cool. Like I agree with that 100%.

Seasons: Although I don't seasons myself (yet) I do agree with a lot of other opinions that there should be some cross-compatibility gameplay here too. Knitted items being classified as cold-weather appropriate, and "warm and cozy"

Base Game Similar to the way cats and dogs should be able to mess up projects/play with yarn, I think some interaction should be added with toddlers as well. I'm not a big family player, but I do play with toddlers from time to time, so toddlers being able to destroy or mess up projects would be great too. Like "throw yarn ball against wall" or "unravel yarn ball" just some cute, but annoying little things. And it should also increase a toddler's fun. Lol.

Also, I feel Sims who have the knitting skill should get positive moodlets when viewing/using/wearing something they knitted. Or see someone else doing so. And there should be books on knitting too. Like we have books on guitar and gardening and cooking skills? There should be some on knitting on as well.

Q2: I mean considering that this isn't just a knitting pack, even though that's the main thing for this pack, I think it would be great to include crocheting and crochet-like items. Perhaps some other similar things too.

Q3 & 5: Answering these ones together since they're kind of related. I mean, I would defintely prefer to have my Sims sitting down to knit, or prefer to rather at least, but I would be totally okay with them standing up if they have to. Like maybe they could get the animation they get when they can't enter the bathroom or something and then just start knitting? I just wouldn't like it very much if they ONLY knit standing up. I mean if we get a desk or chair, I would love it if our Sims actually USED it.

Q4 & 6: I've never knitted in real life, so I honestly have no input or idea how to answer either of these questions. And as I am not a knitter, I'm not sure about kids being able to do so or how long it should realistically take to knit things. I don't play with kids like ever though, so it wouldn't bother me one way or another. But for the length of time, I defintely think it should vary on how complex/hard the project is.

Q7: I think both the Etsy-style store and being able to donate knitted goods would be a great addition to game play. Followed by a positive moodlet of some sort, of course. And we should also be able to "buy knitting supplies" or "buy yarn" via the computer too. I don't think we should just randomly have all the yarn and supplies we meed, we should have to actually BUY that stuff, which then goes into our inventory to be used. And different projects should take different amounts of yarn to make. Like smaller/simpler projects take less yarn while bigger/more complicated ones require more yarn and a higher skill level as well.

Q8: I would defintely love to see them get an "uncomfortable" moodlet that lasts either for a few hours, or until they take it off. Maybe a little more to this if you decide on expanding it. But I defintely think there should be some kind of moodlet.

Q9:
    "I knit you knot"
    "hooked on knitting"

Q10: No. Please no. I don't like a lot of autonomous interactions we have in game as is. I don't mind the hand washing and stuff like that, but "Teach knitting." No. Just no. This should be something that remains user directed. Now, if Sims run into another high-level knitter, an autonomous "enthuse about knitting" or non-autonomous would be totally fine. I mean who doesn't love gushing about their hobbies? Other than that... no autonomy please. It would just make gameplay annoying to me honestly.

• AramoByrneAramoByrne Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you for asking these questions Connor. The making of this pack has been such a happy experience for this simmer.

Q1: Crosspack!
    A. This was the toughest for me. Lots of good answers out there already. But.

Outdoorsy socks for the great outdoors and jungle
    Knitting cross legged on the ground would be great for outdoors knitting
    Yarn work can be very photogenic and is an artform so maybe something that sits with photography / fame / painting
    Possibly haute couture fashion too.

Personally I would want to knit a bow tie for my dog.

Q2: If some “Crochet-Like” objects became craftable

A. Totally cool. Lots of granny squares please.

Q3: There’s a cool crafty desk

A. I see people at tables when they group knit - “knit and natter” type group meets. I find knitting when seated at a table difficult.

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to.

A. Yep longer than a day is good. Also at earlier levels the dreaded “frogging” to unpick work after you realise you dropped a stitch several rows back. This definitely slows the process down. Knitting in non ideal situations / noise etc might make errors more likely. Rushing or not being in right frame of mind. Less likely to happen with experience. Also knitting cable and complex patterns/multiple colours can slow things down

Q5: standing up and knitting?

A. Super hard at early levels I think. Totally not into it. Maybe leaning against something but not a preferred option. Would look cool though.

Q6: “Teach to Knit” interaction.
    A. Lots of concentration then bursts of laughter and frustration from both learner and mentors. Aha! Moments. Pride in accomplishments. Talking and knitting at first can be hard (was for me).

Q7: Etsy
    This idea has my vote 👍

Q8: Lets say a Sim is wearing an awful, itchy sweater

A. Fidget. Keep pulling it, stretching it, trying to make the neckline looser.

A Sorry got none. I like Keep calm and carry yarn. Other than I suppose Knit-wit is a kind of pun. I looked online and the one that made me laugh was “Knit Fast. Die Warm”.

Q10: This is my biggest question, so I saved it for last. Should the “Teach to Knit” interaction mentioned above be autonomous?

A. No - except if the mentor meets someone who has an aspiration to learn. In that situation it’s impossible to stop it happening 🤓
  • Jetgirl2113Jetgirl2113 Posts: 9 New Member
    Q1: Crosspack!

I'm not seeing the knitting fame thing but I really want sims to be able to knit the yarn bombs used in Discover University! So you could knit an item then use it from your inventory to do the yarn bomb interaction.

Q2: “Crochet-Like” objects

This wouldn't bother me. I'd love to see crochet as well, regardless of the animations.

Q3: Cool crafty desk

I wouldn't knit at a desk. Desks are for craft projects, writing, using pc etc. I'd knit sat on a chair or sofa.

Q4: I’d like Knitting to actually take some time to craft.

For me, it would be about 15 years but I love the idea of it taking time.

Q5: Standing Knitting

You'd need some skills for this. Where does the wool go? I'd get tangled in it.

Q6: “Teach to Knit” interaction & Q10 Autonomy

Love this idea. I wouldn't want it to be autonomous. I'd like it to be a choice where someone with a certain skill can show another and it improves the skill of the other sim, similar to helping on projects etc.

Q7: I’d like to have some Etsy store-like gameplay, as well as donation gameplay with Knitting.

This is awesome, yes please to this. Could potentially tie into the volunteering interaction? Giving similar buffs etc.

Q8: awful, itchy sweater

itchy sweater uncomfortable buffs for sure! maybe an embarrassing buff?

Sounds dangerous...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top