Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded sims not showing in CAS bin

Any help would be VERY welcome in this case so if you think of anything please post ^-^.
OK! I downloaded a sim from the exchange into my game earlier today, while at the same time downloading a world and a couple apartments; The world and apartments downloaded fine but I cant seem to get the sim to download. I've checked the Sim bin on the main neighborhood screen, and the CAS sim bin. I cant seem to find this sim anywhere, at the moment I am going to try and download ANOTHER sim to see if it happens with all sims I try to download or if this one is just being irritating.

OH! the launcher shows the sim in the "installed content" tab

Comments

• LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited March 2011
    Is it possible that the sim just has so much CC that is not attached that you aren't recognizing it in the Sim bin? I only ask because of the few sims I've ever downloaded, sometimes I can't recognize them due to all the CC that I don't have that was used in the creation. Not all CC will attach, so it may have different hair, makeup, or the skin may have been a non-default that didn't attach so the skin itself may look different, etc.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • KitCat07KitCat07 Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2011
    I've clicked the little flower that shows just what has cc (I have the custom content the sim requires) and there is nothing, I looked at all the male sims in the bin very closely and none of them are him...this is infuriating
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2011
    A couple times I could not find a Sim in my Sim-bin. As a final thought, I checked the ADULT section and lo and behold there were my missing Sims. This was early on when the game first came out and I had just assumed all Sims were either Young Adults or Elders. Sorry, it's not really helpful but it's worth a look and might alleviate some frustration if you were to spot your missing Sim. Good luck.

• KitCat07KitCat07 Posts: 237 Member
    edited March 2011
    thats the problem, it shows the sim as BEING a young adult x.x
  • joanka16joanka16 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello :) I have another problem with bin, tried to find a way to fix this but looks like it's unfixable. Is there anyway to make the bin show in Edit Sim in CAS? I'd really like to convert already existing sim into a sim from my bin.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top