Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Maxis will announce 3 packs at EA Play this year?

Like they did last year? I sure hope so.Their saying this is going to be a big year for The Sims 4.

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2020
    Like they did last year? I sure hope so.Their saying this is going to be a big year for The Sims 4.

I would be happy if they just announced a pack in the next week
    yes I think so because it explains why they art saying anything
    is ea play soon?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    edited February 2020

I honestly don't know. In previous years, they didn't do anything Sims related, until last year, right?

I would love for them to announce three packs like last year. I think it went over pretty well. Everyone seemed happy in knowing what to expect for the rest of the year. It gave them an idea what they could skip if it didn't fit their playstyle.

I would be happy if they just announced a pack in the next week
    yes I think so because it explains why they art saying anything
    is ea play soon?

I think EA Play usually happens in June.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    Honestly they are so quiet I can't figure out what they will do.
    I'm just curious, anyone know why they prefer to be silent about everything? Instead of just saying for example, this year you guys are getting romance, farming, werewolves, knitting etc etc
    Br prepared.

Well it is fun to guess and speculate but it's torture at the same time lol 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited February 2020
    They should announce all of the packs for this year, because I'd like to know what's coming beforehand.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm not fussed about them jamming the year full of DLCs. If the alternative is additional content for BG and/or existing DLCs, that's also a sign of a big year for me.

Tbh, I think they're trying to curb the explosion of expectations that follows the announcement of a pack. If they mention it too early, we all run with what we'd want the packs to be & obviously they can't be *everything* that everyone wants.

I'm guessing they will be at EA Play considering it's the anniversary year but who knows, the announcement there might not be content for TS4. (y'all who want TS5 might get that. it would be a good moment for it)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    I hope so, I'm looking forward to something new.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited February 2020
    Previously The Sims Studio didn't announce packs at all the E3/EA Play/Gamescom events.

I think they will announce nothing at these events in 2020.

2011 : Gamescom (TS3 Pets)
    2012 :
    2013 :
    2014 :
    2015 : Gamescom (Get Together)
    2016 :
    2017 : Gamescom (Cats & Dogs)
    2018 :
    2019 : EA Play (Island Living, Moschino Stuff and Realm of Magic)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I think they are focused with new studio. Sims 4 has run it's course now it's time for Sims 5 with this multiplayer garbage.
    I think they are focused with new studio. Sims 4 has run it's course now it's time for Sims 5 with this multiplayer garbage.

Maybe you should read carefully this
    Since we’ve already released a lot of the “expected” Sims content (i.e. Seasons, Cats & Dogs, etc.), we’re now approaching a point in time where fresh, new ideas can more easily come to the surface. We have some thoughts and interesting ideas for what cool new content to make and directions to go in, but more importantly, the players will let us know what they want
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I did read that load of garbage and it's all talk. It's all the money not the community. Been with Sims for 20 years and I can't be brainwashed. Have a nice day.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I don't think there will be a EA Play this year. Many tech shows have already been cancelled in view of the global health situation.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I did read that load of garbage and it's all talk. It's all the money not the community. Been with Sims for 20 years and I can't be brainwashed. Have a nice day.

Sims 4 is nowhere near finished. 5 is still years away.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a EA Play this year. Many tech shows have already been cancelled in view of the global health situation.

I think by June this virus will have run its course and be gone.
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

;I hope so because so far it has been dead silent......crickets!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I liked last year to be informed beforehand of what was coming but i really wish that we get a pack before june. We're in late February. There's still 4 months...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

They say that every year.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    No, I don't. So far it's been a "tiny" year for Sims 4. Pun intended.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member

I sincerely hope you are right but the news isn't too good today. Better for Maxis staff to stay in Silicon Valley and do some work on the game for us instead.
    edited February 2020

I don't think. All depends on where the virus is, it could be over in China but still running in Europe (Gamescom) or America (EA Play / E3).
    The global duration of the pandemic could be 12 to 36 months
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I wish they would and look at our comments for ideas. Simmers could anticipate, dream, and contribute. It wouldn't hurt packs; it would give simmers something to talk about and look forward to.😀
    edited February 2020
    Sims 4 is nowhere near finished. 5 is still years away.

This has been said many times by tight lipped gurus, but for some reason, some refuse to believe it. They also said Sims4 is different from past games and won't have similar schedules. They even said plainly that Sims4 has "several" more years. That is probably why they put all Sims5 talk in speculation.

I don't think. All depends on where the virus is, it could be over in China but still running in Europe (Gamescom) or America (EA Play / E3).
    The global duration of the pandemic could be 12 to 36 months

I don't know how they will conduct it, they can go live with multiple locations and not stop. I don't think as much as the death toll is that it has gone away or will be over any time soon.
    edited February 2020
    @davina1221

It also depends on how long the medical researchers will take to find an efficient vaccine and produce it for all the countries.

edited February 2020
    @davina1221

It also depends on how long the medical researchers will take to find an efficient vaccine and produce it for all the countries.

Yeah, that's worrisome on how long that might take. In a short amount of time, so many have passed. I think EA's best bet is to have a live feed in and that way everyone stays safe and the program still airs completely and hopefully they will tell us about exciting, new content.
    edited February 2020
    @davina1221

And the election won't help, the best way to put many people together at the same place...

A lot of things may happen in 3 months.
  • Eme783Eme783 Posts: 41 Member
    Honestly they are so quiet I can't figure out what they will do.
    I'm just curious, anyone know why they prefer to be silent about everything? Instead of just saying for example, this year you guys are getting romance, farming, werewolves, knitting etc etc
    Br prepared.

Well it is fun to guess and speculate but it's torture at the same time lol 😅

It's better programming practice to remain quiet about what they are working on. It allows for more flexibility. By doing away with release dates and not announcing games until they are 100% finished and ready to roll out, they avoid backing themselves into a corner, rushing to get things completed, removing features because they couldn't get them finished in time, delaying release dates, etc.