Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone ever had sims they didn't purposely kill in the Sims 4 die?

Comments

• Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    In my preferred saved rotational game I've had 4 deaths and one spared by the Reaper. Only one of the deaths was unexpected (fire) buuut I didn't make the rest of the household plead to the Reaper when he came so...maybe it could have been avoidable if I wanted it to. Two of the intentional deaths were for storylines but the third was because I was weeding out a Sim I am not interested in playing or having around and yeah I could have deleted him but he was a premade so they get preferential treatment.

The spared one was kinda my fault but unintentional. I didn't know that swimming in a pool when it is only cold outside (as opposed to freezing) would freeze/kill the Sim. Fortunately she was spared.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I've had a few die just due to my inattention... a few electrocutions (why do they fix stuff autonomously if they've just been zapped), a pufferfish nigiri (I did get her to cook it, but I didn't mean for her hubby to chow down.. and die!). I also had a sim freeze because I wasn't paying attention.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Not for a long time. When I first got the game I had a few .. hysteria, mortification and fire usually. I think everything has been tweaked. Since I don't play big households I just don't have many accidents as I'm on top of it. It's pretty easy to set some death types up if you want too though and I like that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    A couple of Sims.
    One Sim died of freezing to death which was totally unintentional and it really made me sad.

Then I had an elder dog die all of a sudden and that was hard. I'm a cat person and it was still so sad! He was out in the middle of the street he was leaving to go somewhere and he just went over to the sidewalk the camera zoomed in on him , the purple message appeared and the music played and then he lies down and then grim appeared. So sad.

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    A few times, mostly from fires and electrocution. I have only killed one sim by starvation, but that was supper traumatic, and increased my stress level by a lot. If I could have given him a fast death, it would have been easier, but to watch them suffer was horrible
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've never had sim accidentally die in ts4
    if I want sim to die I must plan a murder
    but I also play autonomy off so that is probably why

fire,starvation, drowning and emotions take way too long so I usually just get a cowplant
    and then I feel bad for the cowplant cause good boy does not deserve the bs

temperatures and sunlight maybe if I didn't catch them quick enough could have caused some

with ts1 I often had accidental deaths due to dragons and housefires
    ts2 due to fast as heck needs

ts3 I can't recall any accidents either
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Had an active sim as part of a legacy, he even got the long lived trait for it!

As an elder, he'd get a debuff for sitting around too long, and he was sad at the time already because his husband had passed away a day prior. So, because of his trait, he got on the treadmill and started running. I noticed he was getting exhausted due to his age, so I told him to get off, and he got that tired debuff, and I click off him to do something else, and when I come back to him he's back on the treadmill!

Once he steps off, he has a heart attack from overexertion and dies on the spot. I feel like he did it on purpose because the following night, he and his husband came back as ghosts to see their granddaughter grow up to a child.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I haven't had a single Sim die on me in Sims 4 on accident. I watch them too well. When they go hysterical or get electrocuted, I send them for a nap or shower, respectively. It's too easy. And yet, I heard that there's a 25% chance of dying by Murphy bed with no warning, and if I had that pack, I'd be avoiding Murphy beds for that reason. *shrugs at self*
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I haven't had a single Sim die on me in Sims 4 on accident. I watch them too well. When they go hysterical or get electrocuted, I send them for a nap or shower, respectively. It's too easy. And yet, I heard that there's a 25% chance of dying by Murphy bed with no warning, and if I had that pack, I'd be avoiding Murphy beds for that reason. *shrugs at self*

I watch mine too well too but I play rotationally and my sims die when I'm playing other families. Usually from weather.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Yes, one time a visiting Sim drowned during the welcome wagon :') I saved her by begging Death not to take her though.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Yes, one time a visiting Sim drowned during the welcome wagon :') I saved her by begging Death not to take her though.

During the Welcome Wagon?!? That might be one of the fastest accidental deaths yet :D
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I mean other than old age if you play with aging on.

I was looking through screen shots on this forum and noticed a few death scenes, and it seems like on youtube I see quite a few sims die (granted 99% of those are staged and the youtuber tries to play it off as a random occurrence). But I honestly dont think I've ever seen a single solitary sim die in the Sims 4 that I wasn't directly responsible for. I play with aging off because I'm a wimp :D

Now I'm not looking for the massive death waves I used to get in the Sims 3 were two or three weeks into a new playthrough half the town would suddenly die from drowning or catching fire and the death notifications would just start rolling in. But it would be nice if something happened somewhere in the Sims 4 world when I wasn't around. And yeah I know that's a common complaint, not trying to beat a dead horse here.

But I am curious, has anyone ever had another sim die (except from old age), and it wasn't on purpose? If so, does it happen a lot?

Thanks,

I have a couple of adults that I don't age, they have, great, great, great-grandchildren. I have let their children and grandschildren age and die. I just can't let go of them.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I haven't had very many. One was from hysteria, my family had just gotten done celebrating Winterfest so they were super happy, and my sim's alien toddler told him a joke which made him hysterical. I noticed and immediately took him to the bathroom to calm down in the mirror, but it was too late and he ended up dying. The other one wasn't a sim I was controlling, it was one of my sims' NPC roommates. She was fixing the stereo that was in one of the common areas in the dorms and she must've already been dazed because she got electrocuted and died.

I've also had a few close calls, those were from weather and fire. The most notable one was one of my sims who had just gotten home from work, and he either had a work uniform or for some reason just didn't put on his cold weather outfit before leaving. It was freezing outside, but for some reason he decided to just stand there instead of going inside. I had autonomy on and everything. I didn't notice he hadn't come inside because I was controlling his sister at the time and I got the popup that he was freezing to death. Luckily I told him to go inside and he was fine.
  • I’ve had it happen several times, from being mortified, from hysteria, from the Murphy bed, I’ve had elders die from woohooing, and others I can’t remember rn lol
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I avoid visiting community lots during the winter because NPCs invariably freeze to death talking outside.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I haven't. I don't know how people have it happen so often by accident (not a criticism, just genuinely don't understand--I assume hysteria is probably pretty common if you have more packs than I do; emotion stacking is...yeah). All mine just die from old age.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I had a sim playing out in a storm that I was purposefully trying to kill for hours (sim hours). Her sister came home for work walked up to the door and was struck by lighting and died. I have had several sims die from being struck by lighting, but when I am trying to kill them that way they always just end up dazed. I had one teen die for anger unintentionally. one or two from electrocution. I don't think any have actually died from fire. I did get a death by puffer fish but I kept making her make and eat puffer fish over and over in an attempt to kill her (but that's her own fault for not dying when I tried to kill her with lighting) and I am not a sociopath, sometime my legacy homes just get too full and I want to help an older spouse find eternal peace.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've had three Sims die due to accidents.

One died by fire because he was trying to use the cheap stove in a starter home. For some reason, he didn't run outside and he didn't try to extinguish the fire. He just kept jumping around in a panic. On the one hand, it was sad, but on the other hand, I figured if he was dumb enough to counter my instruction to make a salad with something he wanted to do, he saved me a lot of time dealing with defective AI.

In another save I had a young adult Sim become hysterical while having dinner with three friends. He died trying to get to a mirror in one of the bathrooms upstairs. This was in a lot that I had downloaded from the Gallery. I still have the lot in my game but now there are mirrors downstairs that my Sims can get to quickly to "calm down." I also deleted a lot of unnecessary decorative items that made the build look pretty but made the Sims a little too happy which can be deadly when a Sim becomes playful from telling jokes.

I also had a vampire die shortly after I got the Vampire pack. In that save, I had moved a brand new Vampire to Forgotten Hollow to try the Rags to Riches challenge. The night after he moved in an NPC vampire stopped by late that night and they started chatting while dancing to stereo music. My vampire finally went to sleep in his tent while the NPC vampire continued to dance. The sun came up, the NPC Vampire started smoking and then crackling and then she finally died. At which point my genius came out of his tent to mourn the loss of his new friend. And then Grim appeared. My vampire wouldn't get back in his tent. Soon he started smoking and then crackling and then he died. Game over.
  • stalesfostalesfo Posts: 70 Member
    My actress sim attended a New Year's Eve Party at a public venue with her husband. It was freezing outside and she happened to witness 4 other sims freezing to death. She wasn't able to leave the venue until the Grim Reaper harvested all their souls. The worst happened when they fi ally got home and she died from hysteria in her bathroom right in front of her husband and toddler son. The toddler was bawling his eyes out.
    All New Saraste Tales Spirit Animal/Legacy Challenge!
    Saraste Tales Intro
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I had a sim die from embarrassment after his pregnant girlfriend rejected his marriage proposal.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Rzgqr0v.jpg
    I started playing with this sim I found on the gallery. She died gracefully of electrocution within a week.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    First time I had it accidentally happen was when I did the asylum challenge years ago. Although I was trying to torture a townie that kept bugging us at the time. Didn't notice until it was too late that one of my sims in the household was drowning. I made it my sim's (side) mission to bring them back after the challenge was over (and I did).

Another time (different save), I accidentally killed Hugo Villareal in a sauna. Luckily, he was an expert cook already, so it didn't take much to bring him back.

One of my biggest accidents happened when I was playtesting a gym I had just built...in the snow. They were dropping like hotcakes, one after the other. The best part is when Grim showed up in the latest trend that my sim had created (he was half-naked). XD
    Oh, and also in that save, I had 3 different famous fathers die from playfulness after their toddlers made them laugh after bringing home a new baby from the hospital. (too much happy! LOL)
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member

I watch mine too well too but I play rotationally and my sims die when I'm playing other families. Usually from weather.

I didn't know that could happen.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sadly, yes. I spent forever creating my first vampire, and then he almost instantly died from trying to water his flowers.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    shakerella wrote: »
    Rzgqr0v.jpg
    I started playing with this sim I found on the gallery. She died gracefully of electrocution within a week.

This is truly beautiful :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻