Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Orient Express community collab

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    No problems. I had started that Chinatown build before the big crackdown on store items and just didn't get everything pulled out.

Here's the new upload sans horse wall deco and planters:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9366206
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    I have uploaded the london duplex to the exchange
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9366243

And here is Hotel Pension Anna- created to be Base Camp. It has a stove and is currently set as no visitors allowed. I wasn't able to move the adventure board or build around it so I bulldozed the lot before I built on it. @jessabeans, If I remember correctly you can place the lot, set it as basecamp in CAW and the stove will stay in place. If it doesn't, you could replace it with something else or even a counter.
    Thanks!
    https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9366244
  • Options
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @soocoolsim ,
    I have just added your beautiful Victoria Train Station to it's designated spot in London .... and it left me pretty speechless ... I can't get my jaw off the floor ... it's marvelous, magnificent and just perfect!!! <3<3<3

@ciane , the 'All In A Row Houses' are a fantastic build for London's Chinatown!!! And that you furnished all of them beautifully is amazing! :)

@KarilynMonroe2 , Hotel Pension Anna looks just like your inspiration picture and will fit very nicely into the Alpine region. The way you've divided and furnished the London Duplex is great ... I especially like the home office! :)
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @ciane, Thanks for the redo! I'll probably have something slip into mine too! LOL Wow you furnished all of them! I had thought about doing a quick basic furnish on 2 of the NPC apartments in my Paris one but decided against it and it was nowhere near the work you put into yours! :mrgreen:

@KarilynMonroe2, Your Hotel does look just like your inspiration pic and the duplex looks to have a great layout! Do you have any interior pics?
  • Options
    I just like to have choices. It's nice to be able to make a complex and then just change the hidden markers around and already have the other apartments available, but ... we all know you can only play in one at a time UNLESS you are playing all the sims and just having them live in different apartments, and I like that option too.

I finished the childrens' park and am just waiting until I get one of the duplexes finished so that the boy can go play in it while the parents upgrade the things in the duplex.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

@KarilynMonroe2, Your Hotel does look just like your inspiration pic and the duplex looks to have a great layout! Do you have any interior pics?
    Thank you, @romagi1 @ciane and @Hidehi I have some pictures of the interiors and what I really should do is create a gallery for sharing because all I'm doing now is uploading to my page and linking from there and i'm going to run out of room soon. I also need to learn how to change out the exchange pics. Maybe I'll work on that today since i'm done with all of my builds.
    I'll also be looking around for something else to build, I need to explore Paris.

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited February 2020
    Here's my version for the "Paris Apartments 20x30 (interior design / shell tweaks)" at 3 Quai d'Orsay.

wOF0Zek.jpg

Street level: front side has a public entrance to the dress shop, a restroom and an internet cafe. Back side is the residential entrance with mailbox, bike storage, a small gym and laundry facilities.

2nd floor: Furnished luxury apartment featuring 3 beds, 2 baths, separate formal dining room and formal living room with fireplace, separate kitchen and a den. Besides the master suite, one bedroom is furnished as a nursery and the other a girl's bedroom. I also replaced 2 of the windows on this level with french doors so they have access to balconies.

3rd and 4th floors: 2 unfurnished NPC apartments on each floor.

[Store notes: You'll notice there are a few items not on our list - the O.M.G. chair, the changing table and the corinthian window - but these were already in @Jessabeans' furnished apartment so they're installed.]

Layout pictures
    ZdwRIuz.jpg

v5skxkq.jpg

VZlUckH.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    [Store notes: You'll notice there are a few items not on our list - the O.M.G. chair, the changing table and the corinthian window - but these were already in @Jessabeans' furnished apartment so they're installed.]
    Thank you for mentioning this! I just went over her list and the changing table isn't on it, but I will go ahead and add these items to my list for now. The apartment is beautiful! I need to find a beautiful family to move into it now!
    Edit: I actually used the Corinthian Window in my Opera House. I've added all three items to my list part 8.
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Very elegant Parisian apartment @Sandraelle , definitely very luxurious :) . Your attention to detail is superb!! Love it!!! <3
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Thank you for mentioning this! I just went over her list and the changing table isn't on it, but I will go ahead and add these items to my list for now. The apartment is beautiful! I need to find a beautiful family to move into it now!
    Edit: I actually used the Corinthian Window in my Opera House. I've added all three items to my list part 8.

Thank you @KarilynMonroe2 , glad you liked the apartment. (Sorry I missed seeing that Corinthian window was already use, my bad! lol) :)
  • Options
    Hidehi wrote: »

Very elegant Parisian apartment @Sandraelle , definitely very luxurious :) . Your attention to detail is superb!! Love it!!! <3

@Hidehi, elegant was what I was going for, so I'm glad you thought that, lol. Thanks so much! :)
  • Options
    @KarilynMonroe2 , just downloaded your base camp hotel, and it looks a lot like your inspiration picture. It looks great sitting in the Alpine mountain area. Nice job!! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    what I really should do is create a gallery for sharing because all I'm doing now is uploading to my page and linking from there and i'm going to run out of room soon. I also need to learn how to change out the exchange pics. Maybe I'll work on that today since i'm done with all of my builds.

Just in case you need this or want to look at her info:
    https://www.zindasgoldensims.com/

I use GIMP (which is free) and often start a new file that is 1000x1000 so I can merge two pics together easily. I simply use "import as layers" to pull in my screenshots. Then I can move, resize, crop layers as I wish and add text. It's really easy to use and one of the free programs that doesn't hound you to upgrade.

And, I use Word Press, which is also free, for uploading pics and supporting text.

• Options
    @Sandraelle - Your apartment is awesome - really elegant! LOVE the wallpaper and ceiling tiles as well as the Gpa Grove rug, of course!
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @Sandraelle - Your apartment is awesome - really elegant! LOVE the wallpaper and ceiling tiles as well as the Gpa Grove rug, of course!

Thanks so much @ciane! I can't take credit for the ceiling tiles, as Jessabeans had already put that there in her base shell - I just changed the colors, lol. Yes, I was excited to see that the rug was available. I just wish we could change the colors more on the big pattern. Oh well. :)
  • Options
    I am going to go back to Venice and build something. I'm watching these youtube videos of Carnevale di Venizia and they are very ispiring!
    Definitely going to redo my waterfont access lot into something more grand!
  • Options

]Thank you @KarilynMonroe2 , glad you liked the apartment. (Sorry I missed seeing that Corinthian window was already use, my bad! lol) :)
    No, thank YOU! I didn't have it on my list until you mentioned it.
  • Options
    @ciane thank you very much for all of the helpful info and links! I will definitely check those out!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Well done on your new builds @KarilynMonroe2 . Looking forward to seeing the interior. Links added to page 1 😀🌟
  • Options

O la la @Sandraelle . Paris Riverside Apartments is so very stylish. And the bedrooms so pretty. You nailed the decor as usual. Players will have such a wonderful array of choices with all the creations in this world from basic starters to total luxury. So great seeing the apartments coming to life. Links added to page 1. Well done! 😃🌟
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »

@Jessabeans, @soocoolsim, anyone - What are the guidelines on spawners? I want to add a butterfly and bug spawner to the children's playground across from the school. The schools and the parks across from them normally have a spawner or two for that as well as flowers.
    @Jessabeans, @soocoolsim I also have a question about parking spaces. I placed some on my basecamp lot along with asphalt terrain paint for realism sake- but wonder if too many cars spawning will cause a problem and if the terrain paint will clash with the dirt road?

@ciane and @KarilynMonroe2 ... I’m thinking if only a few lots have spawners it shouldn’t be a concern, however that’s a question best left to @Jessabeans to answer since she would have a better idea re plans for world spawners.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @everyone. Ladies, I really would like to use the Window of All Knowing in the London Tower bridge. I’ve tried different ones but that works best. Since the full Regal Living set is already installed, I’m going to assume use of this item is OK and that others could do likewise for other items this set. Thoughts / concerns?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    On the topic of substitutions... could you help me choose which of the two options below to use to replace the store window in the London station I recently uploaded (one at the very bottom)? They are the closest match I think...
    4RWgTMZ.jpg
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Your row houses look very nice @ciane. I love your architecture and how you combined both London and China styles. <3 That was a LOT of rooms for you to furnish, and then you had to deal with getting those room markers to work right, too. FWIW, I think I tried a couple times for a multi-unit residence with backyards, and it just didn't work, except if I left an open backyard accessible to everyone (who got there by walking out their front doors and going around the building). I know you could make private backyards in Sims 2 if they were fenced, but thinking not with Sims 3 (I don't, however, have very much experience with apartment building in Sims 3 so I could be wrong). Looking forward to seeing the interiors in game. I'm rather behind with checking out the newer lot additions, because I haven't been able to get my nose out of the farm project long enough to do so.

@KarilynMonroe2 Your base camp looks very charming. I'm looking forward to seeing it and your London duplex in game, too. On the photo editing/storage/sharing front, I have accounts on Imgur (free) and Flickr (can be free but I bought a sub at a good price when I was uploading a lot of stuff) that I use to upload pictures. I like things and don't like things about both, but basically they work for me. I've been using Fotor (just their free stuff) to edit pictures and make collages: https://www.fotor.com/

@Sandraelle Your Paris apartment is lovely. I really like the bold black/white/gold areas, but then again, I like the soft pastels in the bedrooms and baths, too. I also like how you divided the downstairs public areas, and your storefront colors look great, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top