Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Careers Do You Want in Your Game?

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    There are few careers I'd actually like to see because they all end up being do this do that instead of allowing us to play it how we want or even worse rabbit holes. Now if they put actual open sandbox game play I'd be all for these careers

- Bands with the option to become a Rockstar if you opt into the celebrity system where your Sims plays big shows and has to put in the work to be known or the option to just play as a small band who plays on community lots with a new stage object obviously getting paid much less with this choice and never truly picking up fame.

- Mechanic run your own mechanic shop repair custom paint and upgrade cars possibly connected to gas station for more game play options

- Fire Fighter while working your Sim lives in a new fire station lot I want it seen in the world map unlike the police station and hospitals. As a fireman you can rescue cats from trees (if you have cats and dogs) save burning homes not just random lots it should rotate with our own

Updated Career Option
    - Play as waiter with Get to Work
    - Active life guard career... Pick the beach you work at, new object for beach life guard station, save drowning Sims with the option for CPR, put observe surroundings animation to use while in that serious pose to scope the beach for any Sims in danger, why at work there's time for play beach flex and let the beach goers know your there.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    In Sims 2 I had a couple, where she was an actress and he was a rock musician. It was really fun to play, with a lot of drama, imagine this with the celebrity system and quirks. I was really disappointed and it felt underwhelming when the musician career in Sims 4 ended with the classic musician in an orchestra .

No offense against it, it's okay and should stay. But I would like to have a rock-star or singer career, maybe divided in pop, rap and rock or heavy metal, alone or in a band. This should bring back the percussion and the bass. Toddlers could learn with a xylophone or rattle, children could play with a recorder, which should give better gifts from Father Frost, when well played (just an idea). Poor Sim parents :D .
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Archaeologist! So disappointed that it wasn’t added to the JA pack!

Plus I’d love to have an actual singer or band career.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    New Careers in Sims 4 Game;
    Archaeologist so my Doctor Who can point & laugh at them.
    Astologist that studies the Stars.
    Firefighters the true Heroes in the world.
    Inventors creativity eccentric people that come up with new wacky ideas.
    Pottery Makers Earthy Objects.
    Carpenter Everything made out of wood.
    Metalurgy Everything mad out of metal.

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    For some odd reason MLM strikes me as an interesting and offbeat stay at home career, although you could probably roleplay the Style Influencer career that way

And I third and forth the inventor career, I enjoyed playing a Doc Brown type in Sims 3

And if it hasn't been mentioned, the Ghost Buster career could be fun, especially if it had a vampire hunter branch, although I know you can just skill up vampirology and roleplay one.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Psychologist / psychotherapist (base game or romantic GP or generation EP)

Farmer (farm EP)

Horse trainer (horse GP)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    My answer to this question is always to have playable careers associated with skills already in game that don't have any careers (or, in many cases, aspirations) associated with them. So, an official archaeologist career, a baker, professional dancer, singer and dj jobs, a playable (maybe part time) handy man job, maybe a woodworker/furniture maker job, professional herbalist and yoga instructor careers, professional pet trainer, maybe even a vampire hunter career? That could be cool. We finally got a photography career (in a pack I haven't brought myself to buy yet even tho I want a playable photography career SO BAD but the rest of the pack is so meh to me idk) which is kinda nice, but I'm still really waiting for those singing, dancing and wellness based careers.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    We need Ghostbusters & Buffy the Vampire Slayer in Sims 4. Lol
  • _hanzolo_hanzolo Posts: 74 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    My answer to this question is always to have playable careers associated with skills already in game that don't have any careers (or, in many cases, aspirations) associated with them. So, an official archaeologist career, a baker, professional dancer, singer and dj jobs, a playable (maybe part time) handy man job, maybe a woodworker/furniture maker job, professional herbalist and yoga instructor careers, professional pet trainer, maybe even a vampire hunter career? That could be cool. We finally got a photography career (in a pack I haven't brought myself to buy yet even tho I want a playable photography career SO BAD but the rest of the pack is so meh to me idk) which is kinda nice, but I'm still really waiting for those singing, dancing and wellness based careers.

I want all of these! Totally agree about having careers associated with skills, so many skills in the game feel wasted.
  • Mousepie17Mousepie17 Posts: 1 New Member
    The ability to form a band! Please!!
    I know theres a lot of suggestions like this already but hear me out! I want the option to form a band! I've wanted this for ages, since I first got the game and learned of the instruments sims can play. It kind of shocks me that the sims team hasn't added bass guitars or drums to the game yet, I mean they have a grand piano and a pipe organ not to mention acoustic and electric guitars (which I absolutely love) but why not more? And why not the ability to make a band and do live gigs? Hire a manager and buy a studio. It could even tie in with get famous as your band could grow and become internationally known. We already have the ability to form groups, which I've always wanted to be able to name. I feel like real people name their friend groups(Maybe not always but sometimes, I know I do! Lol). but what if you could buy a tour bus and go on tour? You could write songs with your band in the studio and choose your bands specific music genre. I really feel like theres so much sauce here.

Of course theres a plethora more of jobs that should be added but I just really thought this one needed some special attention(Because I want it lol.)

Also as an added bonus, I feel like entertainer should have branches. As of now joining the entertainer career just makes your sim a comedian which is good but maybe add branches? So sims could choose from a list of entertainment jobs such as;

Party clown
    Singer
    Musician
    Comedian(of course :))

I'm sure theres more but I'm drawing a blank. I just really think that the entertainer career needs some tlc and branchs.

I just love the idea of forming a band, giving it a name and choosing a genre. Then buying a studio or renting studio space to record a song with your bandmates which you could assign to which instrument you want them to play as the leader sim of the band. And think! Adding recording studios would work for the singer career and musicians as well. What if instead of just mailing your song when you finish writing it, you can either sell the composition to an artist or record it yourself in a studio? So much sauce lol.
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Nonprofit worker!
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    God I want firefighters so bad. Everything is always catching on fire and there is no one to call.
  • ilovejustinmooreilovejustinmoore Posts: 8 New Member
    horse trainer, firefighter, policeman, ghost hunter
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    Active/Semi-active

1. Singer/band
    2. Circus performer
    3. Psychic/fortune teller/spiritual adviser
    4. Grim Reaper
    5. Dressmaker/Tailor
    6. NPC careers (Maid,Butler,Repairman,Librarian,Gym Coach, Bartender...etc)
    7. if there ever is cars mechanic
    /car building/tuning

Nonactive:
    - meh tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    I would just love for all of the jobs to be playable. I think it would be so cool if your sim was a maid and they actually went to another sims house, made their beds, do the dishes, the laundry. Or babysitting and they could really go and babysit sims at their homes. I would absolutely love that.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I’d like to see:

Paleontologist career that involves digging up fossils from all sorts of creatures

Ghost hunter like in TS3A

Fire fighter

Active diver and lifeguard career

Fortune teller

Anything that involves magic or supernatural
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • beigewyngbeigewyng Posts: 18 Member
    I honestly don't know why they have a vet skill and not a Vet career. Also, landscaper.
    GHOSTBUSTERS!! Get rid of those pesty ghosts! They could get rid of the options on the tombstone/urn. Also, ROCKSTAR career!
    > @beigewyng said:
    > GHOSTBUSTERS!! Get rid of those pesty ghosts! They could get rid of the options on the tombstone/urn. Also, ROCKSTAR career!

And a Carny career and they could add like a fair expansion pack with a haunted house and stuff.
  • peachyfabulouspeachyfabulous Posts: 26 Member
    I think TS4 REALLY needs firefighters to come put out fires and I wish police could actually catch thieves when caught stealing by other sims who would then get an option to call police and report it. This would give criminals a chance to try to hide out from the police and such and make it more of a risky act, as opposed to just an easy way to get free stuff and make free money.

I'd love to be able to have meteorologist sims. Could work with the fame pack (good or bad depending on how accurate your sim predicts the weather) and allow your sims reports to show up real time! I think the weather system is awesome but could use a tweak which would give the sims an opportunity to allow meteorologists to report on weather in other worlds so our sims know when to plan certain events and not accidentally find our sims-selves getting married in a Blizzard or dangerous Thunderstorms.
  • taschatascha Posts: 52 Member
    I think TS4 REALLY needs firefighters to come put out fires and I wish police could actually catch thieves when caught stealing by other sims who would then get an option to call police and report it. This would give criminals a chance to try to hide out from the police and such and make it more of a risky act, as opposed to just an easy way to get free stuff and make free money.

THIS! YES! We need firefighters back so bad. I used to love in sims 2 when you called them, and if you called when there wasn't a fire you would get fined!
    > @tascha said:
    > I would just love for all of the jobs to be playable. I think it would be so cool if your sim was a maid and they actually went to another sims house, made their beds, do the dishes, the laundry. Or babysitting and they could really go and babysit sims at their homes. I would absolutely love that.

That would be awesome! I can't count how many times I've hired a service and the maid doesn't clean everything and my sim still has to come home and clean AAAAND babysitters not taking care of the kiddos, just playing on the computer (LOL). I know your sims would do a better job! :P
    > @Mousepie17 said:
    > The ability to form a band! Please!!
    > I know theres a lot of suggestions like this already but hear me out! I want the option to form a band! I've wanted this for ages, since I first got the game and learned of the instruments sims can play. It kind of shocks me that the sims team hasn't added bass guitars or drums to the game yet, I mean they have a grand piano and a pipe organ not to mention acoustic and electric guitars (which I absolutely love) but why not more? And why not the ability to make a band and do live gigs? Hire a manager and buy a studio. It could even tie in with get famous as your band could grow and become internationally known. We already have the ability to form groups, which I've always wanted to be able to name. I feel like real people name their friend groups(Maybe not always but sometimes, I know I do! Lol). but what if you could buy a tour bus and go on tour? You could write songs with your band in the studio and choose your bands specific music genre. I really feel like theres so much sauce here.
    >
    > Of course theres a plethora more of jobs that should be added but I just really thought this one needed some special attention(Because I want it lol.)
    >
    > Also as an added bonus, I feel like entertainer should have branches. As of now joining the entertainer career just makes your sim a comedian which is good but maybe add branches? So sims could choose from a list of entertainment jobs such as;
    >
    > Party clown
    > Singer
    > Musician
    > Comedian(of course :))
    >
    > I'm sure theres more but I'm drawing a blank. I just really think that the entertainer career needs some tlc and branchs.
    >
    > I just love the idea of forming a band, giving it a name and choosing a genre. Then buying a studio or renting studio space to record a song with your bandmates which you could assign to which instrument you want them to play as the leader sim of the band. And think! Adding recording studios would work for the singer career and musicians as well. What if instead of just mailing your song when you finish writing it, you can either sell the composition to an artist or record it yourself in a studio? So much sauce lol.

I want this too! Mainly because the BTS Army fan girl in me wants my sims to enjoy them perform too (Ok, I mean me mostly, but them too). I want our sims to be able to host a concert and like you said, gain fame from their performance and abilities.

I'm also shocked we haven't got more instruments in the game, specifically drums, but there's so many instruments that would be awesome! I'm surprised we didn't get a ukulele with Island Living.
    > @FanPhoria said:
    > My answer to this question is always to have playable careers associated with skills already in game that don't have any careers (or, in many cases, aspirations) associated with them. So, an official archaeologist career, a baker, professional dancer, singer and dj jobs, a playable (maybe part time) handy man job, maybe a woodworker/furniture maker job, professional herbalist and yoga instructor careers, professional pet trainer, maybe even a vampire hunter career? That could be cool. We finally got a photography career (in a pack I haven't brought myself to buy yet even tho I want a playable photography career SO BAD but the rest of the pack is so meh to me idk) which is kinda nice, but I'm still really waiting for those singing, dancing and wellness based careers.

I agree that all careers should be playable! I really love the Moschino Stuff pack and the photography skill and would highly recommend you get it because being a photographer in game is quite fun!
  • Tag006Tag006 Posts: 7 New Member
    I haven't had a chance to check out the Sims U pack. However, I would like to see Being a Teacher added to the mix. I would love to see the types of Business's one can own expand.
    Be a night club owner
    Be a gym owner
    Bar Owner
    Own a Hospital - to be honest I'm surprised they don't have lot designated as a clinic or hospital lot.
    Own a Science Lab
    Own a school be a landlord
    Run a Bank and be an investor
    Run a Corporation (This could split off into different specialization tiers. Technology, Factory, Health R&D, any sim item related industry.)

I would love to see more like this.