Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

Comments

• llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2020
    about 300mb and i am proud of myself >:) about 80% of my mods folder is cc (im not too much into cc but i have a bunch of skins, sliders, skintones, makeup, eyes and like 3 hairstyles) and the other half are regular mods.
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »
    about 300mb and i am proud of myself >:) about 80% of my mods folder is cc (im not too much into cc but i have a bunch of skins, sliders, skintones, makeup, eyes and like 3 hairstyles) and the other half are regular mods.
    Hey just a question about sliders. Do they break after patches? I’ve been wanting to install a few, but I’m afraid that’ll have to update them after every patch.

• llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »
    Hey just a question about sliders. Do they break after patches? I’ve been wanting to install a few, but I’m afraid that’ll have to update them after every patch.

the ones i have work just fine and haven't broken yet :)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    I am really really bored. I reformatted my folder and on my external hard drive I found a bunch of old CC, so I mixed it all with my current CC to see how many duplicates I hate, then I am planning on going through it all and deleting some of it, then merging. As of right now, I have 12 GB of CC. I think I have a problem lol I might need a 12 step program for CC obsession. Please, someone, tell me you have more lol Tell me I am a CC lightweight...lol

3.25 GB

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Maybe around 1 GB or more? I go through and regularly clean out custom content I’m not using more. If I didn’t I would probably have no room on my computer.

CC shopping is way too much fun for me and I love looking at all the different options.

And then my game breaks.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• uwuhxneybeesuwuhxneybees Posts: 2 New Member
    2.13 gb. ! have 241 files and most of my CC are for cas. My cc folder is growing rapidly lmao
  • LilyValley807LilyValley807 Posts: 35 Member
    23.8 GB for my 'mods' folder right now. I have a little cc not yet in there from yesterday and today.
  • brebre_soprano1brebre_soprano1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have now 4 GB of CC. Mostly female clothes, hair and accessories. Also quite a lot of build mode items. All of the CC usage has really spoiled me and makes me miss more Maxis items.

Apparently once you go custom, you never go back.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »
    I am really really bored. I reformatted my folder and on my external hard drive I found a bunch of old CC, so I mixed it all with my current CC to see how many duplicates I hate, then I am planning on going through it all and deleting some of it, then merging. As of right now, I have 12 GB of CC. I think I have a problem lol I might need a 12 step program for CC obsession. Please, someone, tell me you have more lol Tell me I am a CC lightweight...lol

Before a few days ago I had probably way too much CC. I know this because it would take at least half an hour to load the game with all the CC as merged packages. Colores Urbanos had 12 merged packages. I tried to get it down further but Sims 4 Studio didn't like that one plum bit. My game was acting wonky after my power went out looking like a Picasso painting rather than the Sims 4 game I have come to both, love and be utterly disappointed with. I get migraines and had to ask my husband if it was me or the result of the game being wonky. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything first. Luckily it didn't take 3 days to reinstall the sims game. I am adding everything back very slowly from the backup drive I have for this very occasion. Starting with mods first one by one play for a little while then stop add a little more in. Right now I am slowly adding back in careers, aspirations, traits. CC will be the last thing I add-in because it is rarely a culprit when things get wonky. If Mods that might be touchy and the first thing suspect are behaving then everything else should be fine. Just a matter of taking the time and using a test game to test everything that gets reinstalled. I thank the lovely Nazarene Valentine the sim I created as my test sim just for this. I don't think I'll reinstall everything I had because taking about half an hour to load the game and play Mechanicum on my hubby's computer while the game is loading is too long. Or I would take a shower or cook dinner while waiting for it to load. My plan is to not add that much again. But I know it'll probably be trice as much as I had prior. So yeah a 12 step programme I'll join you in lol.

I will add everything back in a little bit at a time. I am going through CC withdrawals lol.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    4.84GB for my current Mods folder.

I have two mods folders that I alternate. Mod#1 contains cc that are generic. Mod#2 has timeline/culturally specific cc. Depending on which save I'm playing, I'll use the complimentary folder.
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Right now my Mods folder is 19.6GB, with the significant majority of it being CC. I cleaned it recently to get it under 20GB, but I doubt that's going to last very long, haha. I could get the size down even more if I got rid of the add-on colours for hairs, but I hate how limited EA's hair colour palette is so I'd really rather not.
  • HanoFM29HanoFM29 Posts: 1 New Member
    My folder is currently around 7.8GB and growing. I must have a CC addiction.
  • TurianraptorTurianraptor Posts: 24 Member
    15GB :dizzy:
    Yes, I'm addicted to cc. It's a lot but my game works just fine :D
  • PointlessHippiePointlessHippie Posts: 9 New Member
    8.26GB
  • LylindLylind Posts: 31 Member
    9,91 Go

Holy cowplant I did NOT expect such a high number... I'm very picky with CC (or so I thought... ? 🤔) and I mostly have mods (MCCC, NPCC) the unlock CAS parts one (this one includes a bunch of outfits so maybe that's why) and a few maxis match items for hair and clothing. I didn't expect anything more than 1Go but guess I was mistaken :lol:

My game works really well, no lags, fast paced, even with maximum quality settings so I guess I'm good
    ~ In her own little world ~
    ○ ○ ○
    • Let me tell you a story ~ my blog
    • Memory hoarder ~ tumblr
  • rjokerrjoker Posts: 2 New Member
    I have about 35Gb of mods and Cc. But I am running through a problem right now. During the gameplay, my monitor went crazy and shut down (only monitor - CPU and the rest still work as normal). I concern where there is a problem because of mods or anything of the games. Waiting for the expert to help me out!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Zero until the games over. :)
  • NeptitudeNeptitude Posts: 22 New Member
    New CC user here, still trying to find some quality good mods i'd actually use. I have145 files equating to 2.67 gigs
  • muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    585 mb. I try to keep it small because I don't have much storage available in my laptop. Otherwise it would be very big :p
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    108mb - though I need to get rid of some, as they are outdated or just not needed anymore.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • EmberCelesteEmberCeleste Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't have a problem...and totally didn't add a secondary drive for CC. 97.8GB :smiley:
  • JAMMSWJAMMSW Posts: 3 New Member
    @EmberCeleste howwwww do you not have problems? That's awesome! I'm obsessed with CC, I collect it more than play. It's sick I know. I have 145GB and it takes around 2.5 hours to load the game. And I have a pretty high spec computer...and not many mods, just cc... and I repair the game before every session. and I work in IT. lol! I'd love to know how you keep your game working normal. Do you package all your CC? or what's the secret. Thanks for any feedback you could give me.
  • shadavshadav Posts: 12 New Member
    :D *raises my hand* hi I'm Shadav and I'm a CCaholic
    I have been dwindling down my cc I've gone through a lot already ... not sure how much I started with but when I had checked I was at 30GB...I've now gotten it down to 20GB :D even though I'm supposed to be weeding stuff out, I keep finding things to recolor and download more stuff :D
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I just checked and I have 12GB of CC, the most of it are hair and clothing. I use mainly Maxis Match stuff, I don't have much custom make up and for objects I mainly download some specific sets for special lots and various clutter. I am very organized and have all my mods and CC organized in specific subfolders which makes my life easier. It is great that even with this amout of CC I have no issues with my game's performance. I have a very good gaming computer.
  • SpicedCocoaSpicedCocoa Posts: 3 New Member
    I have 44.3 GB worth of mods in my game(some of which I made myself) and it takes my game around 1 hour to load. I have no plans on slowing down yet either. :s