Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...about those NPC bartenders and baristas...

I really, really, REALLY wish there was some way to choose who's in the pool to be selected for those jobs (vendor stalls and waiters/hosts too), or at least to DEselect certain sims. I don't want Vlad the vampire to be a random bartender, or Geoffry Landgraab--who already has a job is moonlighting as a barista. I get some people might not mind this, but there should be a way to set it so, I dunno, at least sims that already have regular careers, or have houses of a certain value, aren't selected for those kinds of thing?

Comments

• poemetragurlpoemetragurl Posts: 17 Member
    Do you have npc control? Npc bartenders should be new randomized townies, not existing ones unless you have a mod.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I mean, I play with mods now, but it was doing this even when I wasn't playing with any, so I don't think it's because of the mods lol. What's npc control?
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    NPC control is a mod. I mainly use it to limit the generation of townies. But you can pick and choose who you want to be the mailman, bartender etc...
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    You can also control it somewhat by adding households as favorites. The game should not pick them for NPC jobs.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Favoriting is a gamble, for some players it seems to work, for me it doesn't. The only way to stop this for me was to mark the household played and register every unemployed sim in it with the ministry of labour.

I've seen unplayed sims join, quit or change careers autonomously, so maybe that's how Geoffrey became a bartender? By first leaving the secret agent career autonomously and thus becoming available for the bartender role?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2020
    I use the NPC Control mod to make sure my premade sims aren't given random jobs.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    NPC control is a mod. I mainly use it to limit the generation of townies. But you can pick and choose who you want to be the mailman, bartender etc...

Do you have a link? Is it up to date?
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I read that NPCC does not recognize some MCCC flags which I use a lot. IMO I would only add a mod like this on a new save. I am very interested in the retail version though. I might have to try it out in a new save. This could actually make running a store fun without all the hassles and long waiting times. No kids as customers sold me.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Reminds me of the time I created a sim called Mad Clown to appear at random and gave him the evil/mean traits hoping he'd stir up trouble.

Instead the game selected him as a barista and my plans were scuppered!