Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closed, moved to speculation

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I love fairies but I see them coming in an EP like mermaids. Fairies in a farming ep would be amazing!

If they put them in a farming EP, they'd probably make a rip-off of Stardew Valley's Crop Fairy random event...

Honestly, I'd prefer for werewolves to be the next GP (They really should have been the next supernatural pack after "Vampires," since they have such a close association and are often paired up as either foes, allies, or in some kind of boss-and-subordinate arrangement in popular culture...). However, for fairies, I honestly think that they should be able to specialize in different elements (Light, Darkness, Fire, Water/Ice, Air, Earth, and Lightning, for example). Wings should also be moldable in CAS, and we should be able to omit wings altogether to make fairy sims who are Elves, Goblins, Brownies, Elementals, and so-on. Also, several types of antennae, insectoid eyes, and horns should be part of the mix of new CAS features for fairies, just so we can make some weirder types of Fae if we so choose. Standard Tinkerbelle fairies are SO 1950's...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    There would need to be a conversation option were an actual fairy is confused by a normal Sim wearing a fairy costume. I'm not sure what exactly, but I feel it needs to be something.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited February 2020
    I love your ideas.
  • Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    I kinda think they lost the oppertunity to bring fairies when they did the magic pack since one of the familiars is a fairy. The next occult sim will probably be werewolf.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'd like to see both Seelie and Unseelie courts done right. Not a half-done job. Yes, there are your high elves pixies and faeries. But there are brownies, red caps, tommyknockers, and other types too. I would like the developers to do the research. I doubt Enchantments and Panpipes will refuse to help with their research. My grandma always had faerie folk tales of caution. I would like for the faeries to be able to kidnap our baby, toddlers and child sims then replace them with changelings. I don't mean that offend anybody. I just remember the myths my grandma would share about them and how much I loved her stories about them. I would like to hope that the game would do these myths justice.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I mean more like animations and gameplay wise they could just combine things we already have in game and it'd be 90% of fairy powers already

like obviously you don't have it now since it'd need some serious modding to get one sim do all those animations but technically the animations and gameplay exists its just used for other means

which is why I struggle to see fairies as gp
    sp maybe or on side of ep but gp would need more than just fairies in it I feel

I would be content if faeries came in an expansion pack, though I don't know what type of expansion they'd put them in. I need a game pack for werewolves, though. That's the only one I'll be disappointed about if it doesn't get its own pack.

Fairies could easily be implemented with a horses and unicorns EP.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    We need a "Fairytales EP" with fairys, unicorns, dragons and medieval/fairytaleish CAS and BB items, a world that has "the sylvan woods" area for fairys to live, a magical lagoon area (where mermaids or water sprites roam) and a castle+town area....
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    We need a "Fairytales EP" with fairys, unicorns, dragons and medieval/fairytaleish CAS and BB items, a world that has "the sylvan woods" area for fairys to live, a magical lagoon area (where mermaids or water sprites roam) and a castle+town area....

I would love this so so so much <3
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I'd love fairies in an eco themed pack, so if they were about and caught you doing something harmful to the environment they could fly over and give you an earful and possibly make you smelly too. I think they'd fit in well as eco warriors.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

Yessssssssssssssss. This all the way 🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm quite sure that fairies won't get a pack at all. They are too similar to the ROM wizards. Perhaps, if there is a farming pack with horses, they will be a sidekick like the mermaids in Sulani.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited February 2020
    Ya know what? Plum it. They should cut a deal with White Wolf and import Changeling:The Dreaming practically wholesale. Faerie form is just available for Kids and Teens-YA. Once you age up to adult, you loose it, but get interactions based on missing it, even though the sim doesn't remember what they're missing, unless you get the reward trait from a difficult and involved aspiration that is almost impossible to do on a normal lifespan.
    And they could bring (in/back) invisible friends this way, too. When the changeling/Faerie is the active sim, everything has a fantasy overlay and there are beings that the sim interacts with, but if you change to a different Sim, they appear to be interacting with nothing/something mundane (like having deep philosophical conversations with Dino, for example)
    There could be trolls, elves, Nockers, Satyrs, Boggans, Redcaps, or Pookas (Finally have a use for that cat ear hair from Cats and Dogs) depending on what CAS features you pick.
    Powers would work on a matrix as you pick what you can do to what kind of target. (It's been a while, I can't remember the specifics)

This is so not happening, but I can dream. :smiley:
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Boy have things changed in 20 years. The Sims started off as raising a family but has turned into Barbie and Fairies. You got the Aliens killed off so we get overrun with Vampires now you want flood us with Sims with wings. Fix the baby, Spiral Stairs and working bunk beds then we will talk more useless things like Fairies.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Boy have things changed in 20 years. The Sims started off as raising a family but has turned into Barbie and Fairies. You got the Aliens killed off so we get overrun with Vampires now you want flood us with Sims with wings. Fix the baby, Spiral Stairs and working bunk beds then we will talk more useless things like Fairies.

Except spiral staircases and bunk beds are useless to me. Same with babies.
  • Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    I need fairies and werewolves the most in my game right now, like seriously waiting for them to be officially added. Please hurry up EA!
    t0j4i8.jpg
    I love fairies but I see them coming in an EP like mermaids. Fairies in a farming ep would be amazing!

If they put them in a farming EP, they'd probably make a rip-off of Stardew Valley's Crop Fairy random event...

Honestly, I'd prefer for werewolves to be the next GP (They really should have been the next supernatural pack after "Vampires," since they have such a close association and are often paired up as either foes, allies, or in some kind of boss-and-subordinate arrangement in popular culture...). However, for fairies, I honestly think that they should be able to specialize in different elements (Light, Darkness, Fire, Water/Ice, Air, Earth, and Lightning, for example). Wings should also be moldable in CAS, and we should be able to omit wings altogether to make fairy sims who are Elves, Goblins, Brownies, Elementals, and so-on. Also, several types of antennae, insectoid eyes, and horns should be part of the mix of new CAS features for fairies, just so we can make some weirder types of Fae if we so choose. Standard Tinkerbelle fairies are SO 1950's...

I agree with everything you said, we need GP’a for both and a big variety. Like they did for vampires, there’s so much they can do.

For my ideal werewolves I want bipedal muscular wolf’s kind of like the ones in underworld. And essentially give us a two legged wolf with human clothing. They can add were cats as well which can be easy to do, it can literally be the same occult as a werewolf but with a reskin.

For my fairies I need pixies, nymphs, sprites, and a lot

I’d love to see another branch of fairy magic and you can pick something such as the nymph side which focuses on plants and forest stuff and collecting frogs and stuff. We can have trickster fairies, and then we can have fairies who focus on beauty. Give us evil fairies and good ones.
    t0j4i8.jpg

Speak for yourself, I’ll take something fun over another mundane thing any day ;)
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2020

No, it hasn't changed, not the supernatural demand, anyway. Makin' Magic was an expansion for The Sims 1, and a different occult life state came in every single expansion for The Sims 2. Sims 3 included all of Sims 2's occults and introduced even more. Sims 4 is the first installment to downsize the amount of occults they give us.

While I do want better family gameplay, supernatural and fantasy fans have been apart of the consumer base since the beginning of this franchise. Please don't act like we never existed until now.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member

Boobooskadoo we still have Aliens. Half my sims legacies are alien hybrids. They're also more robust than past versions.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    > @cyberlucy1965 said:
    > I don't think it will be the next one quite frankly. I think it will be something like "Eco Living".

Fairies could fit in eco living. Fae stuff.
    > @Lquinn said:
    > I would love to have both fairies and werewolves, But I also want them to have their own special differences. For fairies it might be fun to give mischievous
    > abilities to turn people temporarily in to certain animals or give them animal features like a pig nose. For werewolves, they should follow the phases of the moon, and actually infect and/or kill Sims if cautions are not taken.

I agree. I love this, I want to make a werewolf that is big cuddly friend, and another that is watch out when they are hangry.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Cladriah wrote: »
    > @cyberlucy1965 said:
    > I don't think it will be the next one quite frankly. I think it will be something like "Eco Living".

Fairies could fit in eco living. Fae stuff.

Yup. Completely support this. Fae all the wae.

Also if we get a werewolf pack then Get Together will he so useful for forming a pack.
    t0j4i8.jpg
    > @Bluebeard45 said:
    > Boy have things changed in 20 years. The Sims started off as raising a family but has turned into Barbie and Fairies. You got the Aliens killed off so we get overrun with Vampires now you want flood us with Sims with wings. Fix the baby, Spiral Stairs and working bunk beds then we will talk more useless things like Fairies.

Hey, Listen. First thing Bunk beds, fixing babies and spiral staircases while making occult sims. second, in Sims 1, we had making magic. Third, you don't like occult sims? Great, no one is stopping you from having a non magic sim world. Lastly, the sims does not have a 1 way to play style. Many people can play their ideal world. Some want to be single without a family, some want to light things on fire, others family, some want to see those things with a twist.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited March 2020
    artdeco architecture would be perfect for that, I think. And I would want the Summerdream family to be in the GP world. hehe

@DaWaterRat I think they would need a whole Expansion Pack to be able to introduce a new character mesh for that, but I would DIE for it. Like, a house-elf animated and playable would be amazing. Maybe we could even have hybrids... Like, if an elf marries a regular sim, there's a chance that their son would be a house-elf or something haha.
    The Fae myth isn't just about butterfly winged humans, there's a lot more, and I think plant-sims could fit in this too. Maybe they could introduce fungi-type plant sims, maybe they are more evil, or poisonous, or like the night more, or whatever haha I think that all occults could easily have their own expansion packs.
    Vampires could have a EP with Werewolves, like one needs the other or something.
    Spellcasters could have a whole Hogwarts-styled expansion pack, with a bunch of things to do... Oh... that would be amazing.