Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round 3 results reveal!

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.
    Seeing as we voted for a "knitting" pack this just seems wrong. I'm assuming this pack clothing designs were made up when arts and crafts won clearly no input from the community came into any of the designs. But with it being our only pack to truly expand on the hobby of knitting we're truly being left out it was the time to expand knitting not arts and crafts, knitted scarfs beanies gloves socks and things like that should have been the priority with the extremly limited options for a pack about knitted clothing and a large portion of it is not even knitted just seems like a poor choice. Guess we will continue on with every pack feeling limited this will be no different.

You voted for knitting gameplay. Arts and crafts is still the broader theme. Just like Romantic Garden for example isn't a wishing well or fountain themed pack. Also (and maybe a better example) Bowling stuff has clothes that don't directly relate to the hobby.
    No actually I voted for knitting which was in the catagory for Arts and Crafts the other options lost the vote did you miss that part?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Can some existing CAS items at least be made knittable?
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    My disappointment is in the fact its a knitting pack and those were the choices , NOW you say only some of them will be knittable , the rest will be standard cas items .I reckon looking at the winners , we will be lucky to get 8 knitting patterns for the pack which means as usual it will all be achievable in about 2 days of game play , Once again EA goes for the shallowest options they think they can get away with
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I want to be excited for this pack but it seems a lot less inspired than the laundry day stuff pack so far. None of these items really stand out. I hope like in the other community voted pack the team take on a lot of feedback to come out with something really solid. I'm hopeful for build and buy to come through
    Are these 15 the only wearable items included, or will there be accessories and hairs as well? Most SPs have around 30 CAS assets.
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    edited February 2020
    tweedle wrote: »
    And who voted for tank tops to be put into a knitting pack??? We have enough of those already.

Maybe because you can knit them in real life? Maybe because in real life knitting isn't restricted to winter clothing? (It really depends on the yarn you use, search Pinterest and Ravelry.) Maybe because in real life 32, with it's empire line, is a really flattering style for a lot of women and would make a really comfortable maternity top. Maybe because our game is short on cute clothing that looks good on pregnant sims.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. The game already features enough items similar to the items that were picked. IMO, the most distinct and unique items were voted out of the pack; the people who voted for these items played it too "safe" for lack of a better word. This survey was a fail in my eyes and once AGAIN I'll be looking towards CC creators for creative content.

Edit: I forgot to mention that while I do like the examples you linked in your comment, I have little faith that those tops will have a knit texture which is why I didn't want them in the pack.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2020
    Please say you will consider these for the future, Sim gurus.

Elders 24 apron dress. I really wanted this
    Pets: 87dragon dog, 91 cat with teaser fish
    Men's: 59 night pants with string balls
    Toddlers 73 shirt with cape and rain cloud

Out of the ones that won, I think I picked the 2 white crop tops, the boots, the yellow kids dress, and maybe the toddler dress. Didn't care for some of the adult stuff and was sad to see no cat/dog picks. Mittens probably should be there too. I'm somewhat happy with it, but would've been so nice to have the apron dress. Maybe in a farm EP? <3

One bad thing about making them only available if you craft them is that the pack is totally useless and unavailable for game styles that may not want to knit. That's a worry. That much money for stuff you can't readily access?
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Sad the pet pieces didn't make it. It some of the things I most wanted
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Just to compile what was mentioned previously into a single image:

dBb5oj3.jpg

My comment about the results:

I expected a lot more clothing options for a knitting pack. Call me greedy all you want, but we honestly don't have many clothing options. 🤷‍♀️ I recall not voting for most of what's displayed and especially the female tops. Oh well. Would be nice if they would release the voting results with graphs for transparency.

Only 33, 49 and 52 look to be the exact same mesh/form. 50 and 77 are not the same at all. Not sure about 12. The rest are a similar mesh but with some alterations (e.g. longer/puffier sleeves). Again, this is all speculation, but kind of disappointing. :(
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Oh, it's exciting to finally see the results!! I should have marked down my final vote choices to compare, lol, why didn't I do that? I agree with those boots getting all the love, they are gorgeous! :love: I can't remember if I voted for them in the end, but I definitely wanted them. The men's tops are all great. I really like the female adult and child sweaters. I love the toddler onesie with the elephant on it. :love: I'm really excited to have a new in-game crafting activity to make clothes. I had a lot of fun making clothes in Sims 2 and Sims Castaway.

Dear gurus, please double-check the results for the rolled-up jeans with the thick brown belt and sparkles all over the thighs. This was clearly some type of technical error. No Simmers wear jeans like that. If you read back all eight pages you will see not a single person expressed any excitement to knit while shining in their bejeweled jeans. I strongly contest this vote result. Something terrible must have happened to the survey. Maybe it was hacked by whoever created those jeans.

Also, since we already have the cropped tank top 33 in a wide variety of colors and floral patterns, can you please replace it with some socks or slippers? Slippers can be embroidered too!

The hats though. :heartbreak::cry: I'm really sad that we are not getting more hats. There were just so many beautiful hats to choose from and I think the votes went a bit wild and split whereas the other clothing options had more consensus on which ones looked the best. Isn't this called vote splitting? Maybe the developers should really consider which category overall got the most votes. If it was hats... then please add 2, 5, 10, 16, 19 and 20. There is plenty of room for lots of hats they are very small items. <3

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I also find it funny that the theme is knitting, yet we have tops like 33 in there. I don't know why but I don't think we needed any more tank tops or jeans (especially for female sims).

We didn't want to offer only knitted items in the CAS vote, so in the spirit of the arts & crafts theme we tried to have other options that had potentially handmade crafty bits. #33 has embroidery, for example. The jeans (#49) have sequins/sparkles of some kind.
    Seeing as we voted for a "knitting" pack this just seems wrong. I'm assuming this pack clothing designs were made up when arts and crafts won clearly no input from the community came into any of the designs. But with it being our only pack to truly expand on the hobby of knitting we're truly being left out it was the time to expand knitting not arts and crafts, knitted scarfs beanies gloves socks and things like that should have been the priority with the extremly limited options for a pack about knitted clothing and a large portion of it is not even knitted just seems like a poor choice. Guess we will continue on with every pack feeling limited this will be no different.

You voted for knitting gameplay. Arts and crafts is still the broader theme. Just like Romantic Garden for example isn't a wishing well or fountain themed pack. Also (and maybe a better example) Bowling stuff has clothes that don't directly relate to the hobby.
    No actually I voted for knitting which was in the catagory for Arts and Crafts the other options lost the vote did you miss that part?

Well did you miss the part that the vote was about gameplay and not a general theme?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My disappointment is in the fact its a knitting pack and those were the choices , NOW you say only some of them will be knittable , the rest will be standard cas items .I reckon looking at the winners , we will be lucky to get 8 knitting patterns for the pack which means as usual it will all be achievable in about 2 days of game play , Once again EA goes for the shallowest options they think they can get away with

Clothing isn't the only thing that can be knitted - people have also mentioned toys and decorative items as well. I don't think I ever expected all the CAS items to be knittable - for one thing, it was obvious that some of the items weren't. Maybe people jumped the gun and mixed up the CAS stage with decisions still to be made - what we will be able to knit.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • refinnej0220refinnej0220 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like a pack to include more male child items. I feel like every pack has multiple girl items for clothing and the boys get like one. I need more options for styling on Xbox than what I have! The shorts options are so ugly...you wouldn’t catch my actual kids wearing shorts like that. 😂
    Maybe people jumped the gun and mixed up the CAS stage with decisions still to be made - what we will be able to knit.

Nope, these appear to be the only wearable knitting items. No scarves, no socks, no mittens, no other hats.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2020
    15 doesn’t seem like a lot. Laundry day for instance had way more than 15 cas items. But then if they add hairs and maybe accessories we may end up with 20 cas items ?
    Are these 15 the only wearable items included, or will there be accessories and hairs as well? Most SPs have around 30 CAS assets.

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I am very sad we didn't get more tacky sweaters and the llama hat, but overall I'm happy with the choices and the idea to unlock stuff through knitting!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited February 2020
    Maybe people jumped the gun and mixed up the CAS stage with decisions still to be made - what we will be able to knit.

Nope, these appear to be the only wearable knitting items. No scarves, no socks, no mittens, no other hats.

Idk, not too sure about that, no scarves, socks or mittens to knitt would be kinda weird, aren't those like classic knitted items? I think so...
    Where there even any of those things in the options? I don't remember seeing any single scarves, socks, mittens...hats yes but the others no.
    I feel like they are probly gonna add a scarve, a pair of socks and a pair of mittens to be knitted in different colors for the lower skill levels and those CAS items from the vote for the higher skilled. At least that would make sense to me.
    That + a few non-clothes items like sockpuppets and we'd have a nice variaty....
    I wonder if they'll add emotional knitts too like there are emotional painting, books and sculptures, I hope they do.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited February 2020
    Even if we do get other CAS items to knit, I really don't think we're going to get mittens. I'd love them, but I think they would cause animation issues with the hand. (The hand would still animate fine, but the stretching of the mitten would be difficult to avoid.) There aren't many mittens for my other CG hobbies either.

Now, some clutter/decorative mittens, that I hope to see
  • premisconceptionpremisconception Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm pretty surprised neither of the apron style dresses made this pack. I feel like we kindof missed the mark on this one as a community. The whole point of this pack was that it's supposed to be comfy and knitted. The last thing we needed was another pair of cropped jeans, another cropped sleeveless top and a couple of sweaters that are pretty much identical to ones existing in the game already. I, too, hope there will be additional items to be knitted---besides the shown CAS items. I'm kindof annoyed that it wasn't made clear that CAS items would be included in the knitting mechanics of the game. I feel like people may have made different choices. Looking forward to seeing the Build/buy items.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2020
    I only got 4 of my favourites in. I don't think I will keep a note of any choices in future polls. It's a bit disheartening. I'm pleased that our Sims will be able to craft several of them though. :'( What would be good is if we could knit our own scarves and gloves as accessories to put on the existing outdoor clothes as well.
  • VicariousHumanVicariousHuman Posts: 19 Member
    #33 is really bad. It would be nice to have it swapped for at least one top for little boys, please.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    15 doesn’t seem like a lot. Laundry day for instance had way more than 15 cas items. But then if they add hairs and maybe accessories we may end up with 20 cas items ?
    I am actually ok with less CAS items especially looking at the bigger picture. Sims 4 has been very top and bottom casual clothing focused for women. Nice getting something for the younger life stages for a change when they generally get nothing for majority of the packs. Also we have too much large clutter so I hope for smaller footprint clutter for a change. I care most about gameplay and building and Sims 4 has been sparse in those areas for the bulk of packs. So it would be nice for that trend to change especially after 5 years so the Sims 4 can become a more balanced game in other areas and styles.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    do y'all think those shoes are gonna be made for kids too? I hope so, they look more like they're for kids
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Meh... I'm glad to see the guys didn't get completely ignored, but it's sad that the knitted male joggers didn't get included. I personally only voted on male items hoping that some items would make it, but it seems like most of the boring items won and none of the fun items did... good thing I didn't have high hopes for this pack. :/
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    So I went and looked at what we got with laundry day and it came with only 17 clothing items plus three hairstyles. So really only 2 more than this pack, plus we don't know how many hairs we're getting yet.

Laundry vs Knitting
    1 dress vs 1 female full body
    5 female tops vs 3 female tops
    3 male tops vs 4 male tops
    1 female bottom vs 1 female bottom
    2 male bottoms vs 0 male bottoms
    2 female shoes vs 1 female shoe
    1 female sock vs 1 hat
    1 child dress vs 1 child dress
    1 child top vs 1 child top
    0 toddler outfits vs 2 toddler outfits

Leave a Comment