Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you usually do once your sim completes their aspiration?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I pick a new one. But now that they've already finished one entirely, they don't focus on the new one as much.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I change aspirations as I go. I might keep in mind that I want to be a World-Famous Celebrity, but when I go out to a club I switch to Friend of the World. I pop over into Bodybuilder whenever I work out, visit the gym just to tick something off, and end up getting a few aspirations done on the way to the one I originally chose.

Since I do bits and pieces of most of the aspirations I don't finish them all, but if I decide to change directions, I've already got say, the first level of Collector finished, so it's easy to pick up and make it my main aspiration.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    It depends on the sim - some of them don't feel like they need anything more, some take their whole lives to finish a single one (like some of the family ones, or City Native if you're not really focusing on it). Otherwise I just pick whatever seems like what they do next. I often forget to change between them on the fly (although that is a great option!) but sometimes, particularly when a sim is very long-lived (like a vampire) I take a few minutes and switch between all of the unfinished ones to hoover up stray points the sim might have earned along the way. :D
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I also tend to not buy that many rewards. Especially not the really powerful ones. So I can have tens of thousands of points since I not only play on long Lifespan but also pause aging when going to university for example.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I've also found that if you're playing generatonally, once one generation has completed Mansion Barron, the game will often fill it in automatically for the later ones in the same house (unless you've had to sell some of the artwork.)
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Like lots of others, I usually pick a new one unless the sim is very old and 'done' with all I want them to achieve in life. I do like completing multiple aspirations, especially ones from the same sub category in CAS. E.g. once my gardener completes her botanist aspiration, it's fun to move on to the herbalist or collector aspirations as they're so similar.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Actually I tend to have quite a pattern:

0. The Club Leader one (can't remember the name) if a child or teen in the beginning
    1. Life Goal fitting that specific Sim
    2. Soulmate or Body Builder depending on the Sim and life situation
    3. same as 2.
    4. Either not picking any more OR a family one like "Successful lineage".

Rewards:
    Gym Rat, Heat Acclimation, A career one, maybe Frugal and then maybe something that fits the Sim like "Never embarrassed" or "Storm Chaser" or something. I never get the ones that makes the Sim completely immune to something, that's not fun. Would never dream of picking a "Never sleep" or "Never eat" or whatever kind of reward.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Most of the time, my Sims finish their aspirations accidentally or by chance, depending on what it is, of course.
    I just pick them according to their personality, mainly to get the trait, and then don't really do anything with them. So if it gets completed, it typically just gets left there.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I pick another aspiration. Like someone that made his life dream true and now is looking for something new in his/her life.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Actually I tend to have quite a pattern:

0. The Club Leader one (can't remember the name) if a child or teen in the beginning
    1. Life Goal fitting that specific Sim
    2. Soulmate or Body Builder depending on the Sim and life situation
    3. same as 2.
    4. Either not picking any more OR a family one like "Successful lineage".

Rewards:
    Gym Rat, Heat Acclimation, A career one, maybe Frugal and then maybe something that fits the Sim like "Never embarrassed" or "Storm Chaser" or something. I never get the ones that makes the Sim completely immune to something, that's not fun. Would never dream of picking a "Never sleep" or "Never eat" or whatever kind of reward.

I'm not into playing for a challenge, but without any needs to fulfill, it really does get boring. I find the 'seldom weary' and 'independent' rewards useful - they still need sleep and some social, but less. 'Gym Rat' is one of my first picks, since they sometimes get too stinky to finish a workout. And 'waterproof', but only to save myself the annoyance of umbrellas.

The only 'never' I sometimes choose is the bladder need, and then only if I have a Sim that is spending a lot of time fishing or collecting. If we had a portable toilet, I'd use it instead. (It would be nice if they could pack the pee bush into their inventory - they can carry around a tent, campfire, cooler, chairs and an easel, so a pee bush isn't totally ridiculous.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    pick a new one, usually at random--or somewhat at random. Like, I'll veto if it's TOTALLY wrong for them, but generally I just use a random number generator and keep playing. Most of my sims manage to complete at least two aspirations before they die, and my 100 baby challenge founder completed, like, 10 lol.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I pick a new one that matches with whatever existing traits or skills they have. I like for my sim's aspirations to match their personalities.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I love that in 4 you are able to do more than one aspiration, I try to complete all of the ones I can or want. It's a great feature to be able to, bc in 3 you could only do one.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Since my gameplay is more centered around family play when one sim finishes their aspiration I usually focus on another sims aspiration in the family.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I pick a new one. I usually complete four or five before I quit and start a new game.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I rarely play with aspirations as I find the idea of completing the same goals over and over too repetitive. I preferred the lifetime wishes that we had in TS3.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I juggle aspirations as I go. I don't really them as the end goals anymore.
    If anything, I make my own aspirations which may include in-game aspirations as milestones.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I pick a new one that is relevant to my sim. Or, I work on something else like their career and skills
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I think I never finished an aspiration in The Sims 4, cause it just doesn't interest me. It means nothing in this game. The game is already way too easy, so finishing this would make my sims what.. have a bunch of points to buy rewards that i really don't need. I first need more challenges and struggles in this game, so that completing the aspiration will truly feel like a reward to something that I felt i and my sim deserved.
    There is nothing special about completing one.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I pick a new one. Most of my sims finish most of the aspirations. When one is done, I go for one that will fit what skills/career they are going for. I have a very few sims that have done 30+ skills, 10-12+ aspirations/careers. Currently working on one sim to at least TRY to do everything, I dunno, SuperSim, I suppose?

I never do the mischief ones, hardly ever the family oriented aspirations. Probably some others I don't currently remember. For children, I never do the Social Butterfly. I just think its too much hassle, my tots/children hardly have contact with other sims than their family.