Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you sell me Tiny Living?

Tell me, what's good about tiny living? what does it add to the game that made you buy it?
this is like the first SP I didn't get on release and am still not sure about ever getting, it doesn't feel like it adds anything interesting gameplaywise, the lot traits don't interest me much cause most of my sims are rich by now, the murphy bed? meh...another clunky thing AND it's deadly *insert sarcastic Yeah*...the CAS is not my taste at all especially the hair...and the BB just more of the same old style.
this is weird cause I do like more tiny and cozy homes and still this SP might be the first one I never buy.
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Not my job. I haven't bought it yet, either, although it is on my list. A lot of the build/buy items look handy, and I like compact homes.

But I am super picky about adding content to my game, and still have unexplored gameplay in Discover University, so I am in no huge hurry.

Carl's does a good job at exploring packs and their features. If you want another Simmer's point of view, look there. But I am extremely uncomfortable talking people on the fence into buying. If you aren't sure, wait until you are. No one but you knows what you enjoy.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I'm a completionist and only have it now for that reason and the fact that I asked my boyfriend to buy it for me for Valentine's Day instead of spending my money. I'm glad I did. I do not hate the pack and think there are at least a couple much worse ones *coughlaundrydaycough*, however I usually buy the packs within a few days of release if not the day of and I waited awhile for this one. I like a couple adult women sweaters a lot, and some of the furniture is really nice and I would consider my style. But it's nothing that stands out for me. You're probably right in not buying it, at least not yet.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I also got it cause I love owning all the packsI haven't dabbled with the new pack yet but here are some prime features;

The lot size challenge. Maybe you are a builder or not but there is something neat about the game counting tiles and rewarding you for making smaller footprint houses. The lot traits I hear are pretty OP

The new BB and CAS looks pretty top notch actually. Nice everyday-style.

A perfect companion pack to university. Imagine moving out after university and having a very tight budget but instead of moving into a smaller house you can build a small,tiny or micro home and actually benefit for having a smaller budget.

It helps make you think what do your Sims actually need and can help inspire more creative building.

Just a few ideas I had.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited February 2020
    feel similar way though i like couple clutter items and being able to separately make tiny house lots and the bed
    but I am not really feeling the '' you must buy this'' thing despite being tiny house enthusiast myself o_o

like idk I just find the furnitures boring but thats probably cause I was raised in houses full of mid century blerghs
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Sindocat I know it's not your job, don't take the title too seriously it's just another way of asking "what do you like about this pack?" ;)
    besides, nobody has to answer if they don't want to, it's fine by me.

@summertaffy68 that's the problem I am a completionist myself and yet I could always find something in any pack that made it worth my while, yet somehow with this one I am at a loss...

@Bearpal64 the tiny house building challenge is the only interesting thing to me but I can do that already, build tiny houses I mean, like I wrote most of my sims are rich by now but yeah, maybe I when one of the kids grow up and finish college might be a nice idea then.

@Simmingal right? the furniture is just blah and to me still looks way to clunky for "spacesavers"...

hmmm....maybe I should just wait till it's on sale or something (are packs ever on sale on the xbox store?).

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I really like this stuff pack. I think the new lot type provides an interesting challenge, although the buffs that come with having a tiny home are really strong which means that the more difficult you make build mode for yourself, that much easier live mode is going to be.

But the deciding factor for me was the style of the furniture and the CAS items. I enjoy those immensely. And I think the Scandinavian style is either something you like or you don't - and if you don't you should not get the pack.
    Under the spoiler are a couple of examples to show why I like CAS and BB so much. I think they blend in seamlessly with a lot of other packs.
    0Iwu6QH.png

qs6zM8Z.png
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I like the furniture, I hate the bed (kills sims way to easy). The buffs of a tiny house are way to big. Skill level 0 to 8 in 1 day.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I liked having a building-focused SP. All my houses aren't going to be tiny but I'll use some of that combo furniture in a lot of places.

So far, I added some to an apartment that I was playing with. I haven't done as much tiny building yet other than the house that I built during the challenge. I haven't played with that household yet, lol, though eventually I will.

I like the Scandinavian CAS, it was missing from the game for me. I haven't played with the killer murphy bed yet or the tiny lot yet but the CAS/BB was enough for me to be interested in the SP. I rotate so as I go around, I'm sure I'll incorporate more.

When looking at a pack, I review the objects as a whole. This pack was quirky but still suited my playstyle. I'm more of a realistic player.

I'm not planning to move a family full of kids into a tiny lot but I may use this stuff in sheds, basements, dens and small spaces within larger lots. Like, where to stash that aloof teen? A mini crashpad.

By the way, the house for the Free Spirits in Windenburg is really quite small so it needs this space-saver stuff. I have a household in there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Shame if it's not your thing. I absolutely love it!

I am somewhat over-using the CAS sweaters, they are gorgeous :D Not the hair though, lol. And I love the build/buy items, the colours are so nice. And I do like building tiny homes anyway, so this is a nice challenge to get them to be even smaller. All in all, this pack really suits my tastes, so I am very lucky.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I really like this pack, but I tend to build smaller homes for 1-2 Sims plus 1-2 pets anyway. With the perks, it was a challenge to build smaller than I'm accustomed to. My latest build really taught me what is necessary and what isn't for a 64 square build. On a 15x20 lot, I can still have a small backyard that has room for a barbecue area, a hot tub, an easel, and a lounge chair for tanning. Everything else my Sim does can be done in either the main living area, and the kitchen and spare room on the other side is only 3x4.

The hairs are not my style, but the sweaters are really good if you have other packs. The furniture is really nice if Mid Century Modern is your thing.

The Murphy bed is not a problem as long as you upgrade it right away. The first upgrade alone may prevent your game ending in less than 24 Sim hours. If you have a Tier 2 (64 square) home, you can get to Level 3 handiness really quick on the first day.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    It is one of the few packs and only the second stuff pack I bought at full price and at release (within a week after release in my case)

I really like it so far. I enjoy the challenge of building a tiny house. I like trying to fit everything in and see what is really essential and what is not. Not all of my tiny houses are contemporary, some look like old cottages. With normal beds.

I like a lot of the objects in the pack. Strangely the feature item, the Murphy bed is my least favourite. It takes up the same amount of tiles as a regular double bed, blocks those tiles to place other objects (unless you use move objects.) Sims can already sit on regular beds as well.
    But I really like the other objects. Especially the table with bar stools, the book ends, the clutter. I also like the female hairs, the braids and bun are very useful for historical sims.

It has been very fun so far, but I wish we had a few more space savers. It would have been nice to save some room in kitchens (a mini fridge with functional counter on top) or bathrooms (toilet and sink on one tile)

I think a lot of starting sims in my game will start in a tiny home, but as their families grow, so will their houses.

If you find the building challenge intriguing or if you are a big fan of the Murphy bed, I would say go for it. Otherwise wait for a bundle or a sale.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Well, simply put...it's more stuff! There is always more stuff in every pack. Stuff is good, stuff makes your sim's life more interesting in how you decorate her/his home, how you dress her/him and the kinds of things you do with your sim with your new stuff!

I get every pack, because each and every pack adds something new and interesting to my Sims' lives. When their lives are more interesting, my game is more fun!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I just like stuff and more stuff.There are lots of pieces of furniture with added shelves you can put more items on, I love the two TV setups and that small desk is very useful for my childrens' rooms. The bathroom sink can be used off the grid and I use the door a lot. It'll probably come in a bundle later so wait if not decided already.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I haven't gotten it yet either. I imagine the build challenge is fun if you are a builder. It's the only stuff pack I don't have and it bores me a bit but I do like some items in it so I am saving it to use in a bundle so I can get the next game and expansion cheaper whenever they are released hahaha
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have not bought it yet, the broken CAS swatches for the hair styles bothered me, this and their lack of quality lately have made me reconsider buying their packs at release.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    My reasons were:

1. The Murphy bed is a murder weapon.

2. Murphy ghosts are awesome "energy vampires" with glowing eyes. They possess Sims, absorb their energy, and make them pass out. <3>:)

3. Having building restrictions is actually help me to learn how to build by keeping things small and simple.
    #Team Occult
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Netzspannung I don't dislike the BB style it just doesn't make me want to buy the pack...you did change my mind at some of the clothes though, the female tops in the pic look really nice.

LiELF wrote: »
    2. Murphy ghosts are awesome "energy vampires" with glowing eyes. They possess Sims, absorb their energy, and make them pass out. <3>:)

What?! Now that sounds awesome!
    I.....I think you found the reason for me to buying this :)

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    @Netzspannung I don't dislike the BB style it just doesn't make me want to buy the pack...you did change my mind at some of the clothes though, the female tops in the pic look really nice.

LiELF wrote: »

What?! Now that sounds awesome!
    I.....I think you found the reason for me to buying this :)

We recognize our own. ;)<3
    #Team Occult
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited February 2020
    I too thoroughly enjoy the Murphy Bed and energy vampire ghosts. And the building etc. But mainly the ghosts
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i like the Murphy beds and you can upgrade them
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2020
    This is the first stuff pack that I don't enjoy, to be honest. I use the gameplay elements from all the other stuff packs, but this one only has a murphy bed. I honestly don't see myself buying this pack unless I want to kill someone in my save file. I think the cas/bb is cute, but it's not unique enough to make me want to get it anytime soon. I also mostly only play with my legacy family and rarely do anything else on Sims 4, and my family is pretty large so we can't live in a tiny home. Maybe if stuff packs are half off or 75% off I'll pick it up but probably never will at full price.

Perhaps if I have another athlete sim in my legacy that refuses to die when he/she becomes an elder again I'll get the pack and give them a murphy bed. Last time an elder refused to die of old age I just drowned him during a family pool day.

I refuse to split up my legacy household at all, and I have a couple vampires that will permanently take up space in the household, so if there's not enough room for the next heir to make babies and elders in the family refuse to die 'cuz they were too athletic in their youth, I'll look for ways to kill them off without it seeming like I killed them on purpose, even though that's exactly what I did. So a murphy bed could come in handy for that situation, but until then I have no need for this pack.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2020
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Tell me, what's good about tiny living? what does it add to the game that made you buy it?

I bought it because it looked fun in the presentation video, and I bought all but one packs anyway.

Later, I realized building tiny homes are not the best part anyway. To me, the new tiny furnitures are great for small rooms like bed rooms or work sheds.

For instance, replacing an old dresser with this tiny one made room for a living chair.
    19_02_13.png

In another household, I added this work shed for robotics.
    31_01_13.png

You know how sims often get dizzy from making robotics. The shed had room for the tiny combo with radio and tv on the wall, meaning the sims can listen to music while working, and watch tv when getting dizzy. Unfortunately, the combo breaks pretty often.

The work shed from another angle:
    19_02_14.png

The combo only have fun 2, but it might be better than nothing. The sims only use it for music while working, though, but I like the idea of offering them the option of watching tv or reading a book in the shed.

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    If you love the tiny house movement, or having cozy wool clothes, or mid-century furniture then it is your pack :D. I think that people who loves building will enjoy this pack a lot, because the lot limits add some additional difficulty (and fun! :D)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I reconmend Tiny Living, it's challenging, it has very nice objects & you can get your sim to upgrade the Murphy's Bed so it'll be safe for your household. I always make sure that my sim has the Handiness 10 skill & buys repair tools. I don't like my sims to die so I go to great lengths to make sure they don't. With the exception to the Widow Achievement Challenge & once in a while making a Ghost, lol.
    Speaking of Ghosts, does anyone know a cheat for the Murphy Bed Ghost & what that particular Ghost does?
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm a completionist and only have it now for that reason and the fact that I asked my boyfriend to buy it for me for Valentine's Day instead of spending my money. I'm glad I did. I do not hate the pack and think there are at least a couple much worse ones *coughlaundrydaycough*,

Yeah, holy plum on Laundry Day. I just bought it on Thursday with the half-off sale. Ya'll did NOT tell me I would be in just an endless loop of laundry. Hamper, washer, I-don't-have-clean-clothes-i-am-uncomfortable-dryer-shower-hamper-washer...on and on until my sims are hunched over in tears, the dryer is on fire, EVERYTHING is on fire, and I'm crying in the corner of my room.