Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crashing every time traveling.

Comments

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I'm pretty sure by now the developers have received hundreds of crash-error reports so when will they fix it?

I wonder if one of the problems is that patch they released that slows the game down the more the players have going on. With all due respect, that is a really stupid thing to have.
    2quwd7.gif

My game crashed 5 times last night.

A couple of times, I tried to get my Witch to visit a household with a ghost to return them back to physical form and just as the loading bar ended, the game crashed.
    2quwd7.gif

• iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    The game is crashing a lot less for me now and no where near as bad previously, but crashing is still there. It seems to happen randomly and not with trying to travel just anywhere.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My game crashed 5 times last night.

A couple of times, I tried to get my Witch to visit a household with a ghost to return them back to physical form and just as the loading bar ended, the game crashed.

Well hopefully this will be fixed in the Update Monday or Tuesday. They were asking people on AMQ to send them saves a couple of weeks ago.
    Really? This Monday or Tuesday?

I didn't see that message about sending Saved files.
    2quwd7.gif

It was early this month I believe or last month.

Update has to be by Tuesday to get the game ready for Tiny Living. It might be 2 hrs before TL releases. They've released an update before on the same day a pack is releasing on consoles.
    Hope there's new items in addition to fixing bugs. Still waiting for that exercise bike.
    2quwd7.gif

Hope there's new items in addition to fixing bugs. Still waiting for that exercise bike.

What exercise bike?
    An exercise bike to be added to the game.

Also, last night while paying a household, I entered CAS to create a couple's daughter and the game crashed when trying to go back.
    2quwd7.gif

An exercise bike to be added to the game.

Also, last night while paying a household, I entered CAS to create a couple's daughter and the game crashed when trying to go back.

There isn't one on the pc version as far as I know so I doubt we'll get an exercise bike on consoles.
    Strange thing has been happening ever since the installation of the Discover University pack.

For the past couple of nights, I have noticed that when I enter Build mode of an occupied household from the World Map to make some changes, when I exit and try to play that household, the game crashes when the loading bar is nearly complete.

I swear, these crashes are annoying me to no end. Years ago, the game would only crash once in a blue moon but now it crashes several times PER NIGHT.
    2quwd7.gif

Strange thing has been happening ever since the installation of the Discover University pack.

For the past couple of nights, I have noticed that when I enter Build mode of an occupied household from the World Map to make some changes, when I exit and try to play that household, the game crashes when the loading bar is nearly complete.

I swear, these crashes are annoying me to no end. Years ago, the game would only crash once in a blue moon but now it crashes several times PER NIGHT.

Hopefully it's fixed in Tomorrow's Patch.
    I sure hope so.
    2quwd7.gif

• BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member

I read the patch notes and don't see anything about the crashes consoles have been getting (traveling, build mode, CAS, picture taking), so i'm hoping they fixed it and just didn't put it in there, but I don't think they fixed any of our reported crashing issues. I hope i'm so wrong.

I see that they fixed crashing issues that PC/MAC had in build mode, so if they didn't this time, maybe they'll be fixed next time for console, but I agree, I'll be going 8 months of excessive crashing after trying every possible user fix, and I've had it.

I won't be able to play until later, so if any of you notice the crashing issue has been resolved, let us know!!
    During loading screens where the message "Make Sure To Save Frequently" pops up, maybe they should add to it saying "Because This Game Crashes Frequently".

This game should hardly or never crash at all. The fact that it does numerous times a night, what does that say about Quality Assurance?
    2quwd7.gif

• BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member
    Bfever wrote: »

I read the patch notes and don't see anything about the crashes consoles have been getting (traveling, build mode, CAS, picture taking), so i'm hoping they fixed it and just didn't put it in there, but I don't think they fixed any of our reported crashing issues. I hope i'm so wrong.

I see that they fixed crashing issues that PC/MAC had in build mode, so if they didn't this time, maybe they'll be fixed next time for console, but I agree, I'll be going 8 months of excessive crashing after trying every possible user fix, and I've had it.

I won't be able to play until later, so if any of you notice the crashing issue has been resolved, let us know!!

So, I can confirm with the new patch that the game is still crashing as much as it ever was. This isn't a new issue, people have been reporting crashing like this for too long for it to still be a problem, so I don't even think they are going to fix it (again,I hope i'm wrong - I'd never be more happy to be wrong :) ), or communicate on what we can do to fix it outside of the generic "clear cache, rebuild DB, reinstall game" method that doesn't work. It's not a little glitch that we can workaround it's a game breaking problem that should be a priority, even if every single player isn't experiencing it I've seen way too many people report it, for it to go ignored. I don't like when people unload on the devs and sim gurus but I'm feeling every bit of the community's frustration for real now.
    edited February 2020
    The household crashing issues have not been fixed. If I have 6 households, I should be able to play each and every one not be limited to what I can play because 4 of them tend to crash each time.

What is strange is that each household loads perfectly fine in Build mode from the World Map, yet try to play some households and it crashes every time. I can't play the 64x64 lot in Del Sol Valley now because the game crashes every time I try to play it. It has been happening since the Discover University pack was installed.

I don't want to wait another 1-2 months for another patch just to be able to play all households again.
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif

• Jeny_fiJeny_fi Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Bfever said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > So, I can confirm with the new patch that the game is still crashing as much as it ever was. This isn't a new issue, people have been reporting crashing like this for too long for it to still be a problem, so I don't even think they are going to fix it (again,I hope i'm wrong - I'd never be more happy to be wrong :) ), or communicate on what we can do to fix it outside of the generic "clear cache, rebuild DB, reinstall game" method that doesn't work. It's not a little glitch that we can workaround it's a game breaking problem that should be a priority, even if every single player isn't experiencing it I've seen way too many people report it, for it to go ignored. I don't like when people unload on the devs and sim gurus but I'm feeling every bit of the community's frustration for real now.

Oh my gosh this is so TRUE. So tired of all this crashing! I don't even wan't any more new packs or anything new content, before i can even play the game itself smoothly. I hope that they are focusing on the problem fixing instead of being active on creating the new content... But it's been like this since July, over six months and several updates later we're still stuck with this problem.. No hope.
    Jeny_fi wrote: »
    > @Bfever said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > So, I can confirm with the new patch that the game is still crashing as much as it ever was. This isn't a new issue, people have been reporting crashing like this for too long for it to still be a problem, so I don't even think they are going to fix it (again,I hope i'm wrong - I'd never be more happy to be wrong :) ), or communicate on what we can do to fix it outside of the generic "clear cache, rebuild DB, reinstall game" method that doesn't work. It's not a little glitch that we can workaround it's a game breaking problem that should be a priority, even if every single player isn't experiencing it I've seen way too many people report it, for it to go ignored. I don't like when people unload on the devs and sim gurus but I'm feeling every bit of the community's frustration for real now.

Oh my gosh this is so TRUE. So tired of all this crashing! I don't even wan't any more new packs or anything new content, before i can even play the game itself smoothly. I hope that they are focusing on the problem fixing instead of being active on creating the new content... But it's been like this since July, over six months and several updates later we're still stuck with this problem.. No hope.

All I can suggest is to post here.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Jeny_fiJeny_fi Posts: 2 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > All I can suggest is to post here.
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Just writing the post atm :)
    I tell my dad all the problems with this game and he says that EA has no intention of ever fixing it, it'll never play properly as there is no other game like it on the market. If there were, watch how quickly EA would fix the problems.

As he says, why fix a game that people still continue to buy?
    2quwd7.gif

I tell my dad all the problems with this game and he says that EA has no intention of ever fixing it, it'll never play properly as there is no other game like it on the market. If there were, watch how quickly EA would fix the problems.

As he says, why fix a game that people still continue to buy?

It must be something about the consoles that's causing the game to crash on traveling. Hopefully they ll get it figured out. They ve made the game more stable on consoles before.
  • Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    I was having this issue since shortly after IL came out. The game crashed so frequently exiting build mode, cas or just randomly.. it was mostly unplayable so I started a new game on a new save and no more crashes! I then tried my old saves again and it crashed so I think it’s probably corrupt data. I didn’t want to lose my progress from the old saves so I tried saving them onto a new save instead of overriding the old ones and so far no crashes! Thought I’d share if anyone hasn’t tried yet
    Valk5 wrote: »
    I was having this issue since shortly after IL came out. The game crashed so frequently exiting build mode, cas or just randomly.. it was mostly unplayable so I started a new game on a new save and no more crashes! I then tried my old saves again and it crashed so I think it’s probably corrupt data. I didn’t want to lose my progress from the old saves so I tried saving them onto a new save instead of overriding the old ones and so far no crashes! Thought I’d share if anyone hasn’t tried yet

That's good to know.