Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Tiny Living' complaining thread!

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    gettps wrote: »
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I am astonished that the majority of people want the death nerfed. They set it up so that those who wanted a death had it. Now everyone is saying they won't use the beds until it's nerfed. They explained in the live stream how to prevent the death.. IN DETAIL.
    When they do nerf it then the players who bought the SP specifically for that will lose out on their money. Like all the other deaths I'm sure it will eventually be set to were it barley occurs. Such a shame.

So, are you saying the ONLY reason they made that object at all is to KILL SIMS? I highly doubt that.

If you don't like how it's set up, either now or in the future, that's what MODS are for. I don't care one way or another how they set it. If I want it a certain way, I'll either download a mod that changes it or make one myself.

It's like the seasons thing with gardening. I HATE the fact that plants only grow 1 or 2 seasons a year. I don't want them indoors like in a greenhouse because "Sheltered" reduces the number of harvestables, by 50% or more sometimes. I know some people (maybe?) like that feature so I won't demand they change it. {cough} I just wrote a mod. Now ALL plants in my game grow all year 'round.

If you like how it is... great! If you don't, look for a mod. If you can't find one, learn and make one yourself. Easy-peasey.

Not everyone one has that skill and resources...not that easy.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Just watched the LGR review..he has said what EVERYONE has been saying (least me.) ALL ALONG! Would have made better sense to include them in DU.

"it's just that this dag gum game has been around for almost 6 years now and after 16 stuff packs I'm more bit fatigued."
    Speaking of LGR, I feel like he was on to something about the pack needing ladders, bunk beds and spiral staircases. Maybe it would have been better for this pack to have come out after we got some of those things in other packs/patches, to truly take advantage of the tiny home theme.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Just watched the LGR review..he has said what EVERYONE has been saying (least me.) ALL ALONG! Would have made better sense to include them in DU.

"it's just that this dag gum game has been around for almost 6 years now and after 16 stuff packs I'm more bit fatigued."
    Speaking of LGR, I feel like he was on to something about the pack needing ladders, bunk beds and spiral staircases. Maybe it would have been better for this pack to have come out after we got some of those things in other packs/patches, to truly take advantage of the tiny home theme.

It shouldn’t have been a pack to begin with they could have easily given the space saving stuff in Discover University and given everyone the lot to make tiny homes in a patch.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2020
    gettps wrote: »
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I am astonished that the majority of people want the death nerfed. They set it up so that those who wanted a death had it. Now everyone is saying they won't use the beds until it's nerfed. They explained in the live stream how to prevent the death.. IN DETAIL.
    When they do nerf it then the players who bought the SP specifically for that will lose out on their money. Like all the other deaths I'm sure it will eventually be set to were it barley occurs. Such a shame.

So, are you saying the ONLY reason they made that object at all is to KILL SIMS? I highly doubt that.

If you don't like how it's set up, either now or in the future, that's what MODS are for. I don't care one way or another how they set it. If I want it a certain way, I'll either download a mod that changes it or make one myself.

It's like the seasons thing with gardening. I HATE the fact that plants only grow 1 or 2 seasons a year. I don't want them indoors like in a greenhouse because "Sheltered" reduces the number of harvestables, by 50% or more sometimes. I know some people (maybe?) like that feature so I won't demand they change it. {cough} I just wrote a mod. Now ALL plants in my game grow all year 'round.

If you like how it is... great! If you don't, look for a mod. If you can't find one, learn and make one yourself. Easy-peasey.

I didn't buy this SP and refuse to because I can already build tiny living spaces on my own without any unnecessary restrictions. Also I'm not paying for one new item. To me the ten dollars is better spent of something else.

I never said that or even hinted at that fact, but they included the death. The possibly of it getting nerfed because players don't like it isn't fair for the players who bought the pack specifically for the new death. Like I said before players that don't like the death can easily avoid it, they explained how to in detail.

Making mods isn't easy or everyone would be making their own mods, not relying on big modders to do the work for them. Also not everyone likes mods because they break EVERY patch. Its exhausting replacing them, fixing the setting you had previously once you get them set up how you like it patch time.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Have not really have my moment of the freedom to share my opinion on why I feel this SP is kind of ridiculous. Will get back on that later, but firstly:

I was utterly surprised by my thread being edited, rules that got deleted with a weird excuse that makes no sense at all. Rules to direct people into a certain behavior is not allowed? Ehm, is that not what rules are for? How is it that i am not allowed to talk about certain things in specifically made threads or sections, but when i set a rule that this thread is only for negative feedback, it is not allowed.
    I feel there is more reason behind it. Especially since I did not even get a respond back after asking what set of rules would be allowed.
    In the first message, I was told that I am allowed to set rules in my thread and that I could DM them for further questions, but this is nothing but a statement without actual debt or meaning as I am still waiting. It seems the only target was to somehow adjust something in this thread to either control it or tone it down in their advance. Why wasn't it a problem before? The older thread was way more chaotic by wrong comments that this one.
    I wanted to point that out as this is odd and I feel it needs to be addressed and shared among others. At least we got the freedom of speech my dear friends ;)

Anyway, about the SP:

I am not feeling it. Tiny living could have meant so much more. Tiny objects, a true experience of tiny living where we would have smaller lots or options to edit lots perhaps. And then there are so many objects they could have given us instead of those 'here we made these objects ready for you, so u only have to choose between a set of 5 swatches, GREAT RIGHT?' No, we don't want lazy, non-creative games, cause we get sooo much joy out of clicks, just clicking all the way through and accomplishing basically nothing.. No, we don't. This is just another pack that adds on this aspiration of EA.
    Tiny living for me means beside what I already mentioned above: 2 in one objects that WE put together (and not a murhpy bed styled with frames and all.. ugh). Like maybe the options to put tv's and microwaves on everything! Just more handy tricks and tips on how to SAVE space.
    Oh well, I haven't even bothered to look at anything of this pack beside the stream and I don't intend to either. It is just a waist of time, money and energy on both parties.

Wait what!?!??!?!?

Yeap. Still no respond in my inbox btw. So without help for 'proper' rules, I can not really be blamed if the next thread is having 'the wrong' rules again, since a piece of advice or help is nowhere to be found all of a sudden.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited January 2020
    @FurSimsOfficial I didn't catch the first post but possibly you stated some rules for the thread?
    And the only rules allowed on the forum are the official ones. I am just guessing here but sounded plausible to me. Hopefully you will get an answer soon.

And to keep on topic I do want this pack but would have liked them to have put in ladders/loft beds and more compact appliances. Not upset about bunkbeds as my sims like to sleep together. However they would have been nice for my larger sim families.

update: I can't read the first message as it was edited, which was the one I referred to as the "first" post.

Happy Simming.
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @FurSimsOfficial I didn't catch the first post but possibly you stated some rules for the thread?
    And the only rules allowed on the forum are the official ones. I am just guessing here but sounded plausible to me. Hopefully you will get an answer soon.

And to keep on topic I do want this pack but would have liked them to have put in ladders/loft beds and more compact appliances. Not upset about bunkbeds as my sims like to sleep together. However they would have been nice for my larger sim families.

Maybe better to read the whole message. And you are of course allowed to create your own rules for your own thread.
  • Options
    AWildMishieAWildMishie Posts: 4 New Member
    I really wish there was more attention paid to the kitchen. Half sinks for counters so the other half could be used for food prep or just clutter. Cooking hobs or half-sized stoves/ovens. Microwaves in overhead cabinets or toaster ovens that hang from overhead cabinets, or even a new stove with a microwave set above, which real-life non-tiny kitchens can have. Trash bins that fit under counters, or even adding trash compactors into the game. Even countertop only counters that allow you to use the space underneath would have been nice.
  • Options
    ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    I hate tiny living already! I built a tiny house and created a sim to place there. (approximately 3 hours work) I played for approximately 10 minutes, I had my sim open his bed to go to sleep as he was tired. The bed killed him, game over!? well gee that was a lot of fun >:)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited January 2020
    -Deleted-
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    My biggest complaints:

Agree on the not having bunk beds.

And the Murphy Bed. It breaks every single time my Sim uses. Every time. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's intentional, but it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    ccllmmssccllmmss Posts: 37 Member
    The TV, stereo, bookcase combos are so disappointing. I had 2 sims in a tiny house and their fun meters were low all the time. I finally realized it's because the entertainment value of the combos is 2. So I bought a video game box for them to play as watching TV did nothing to raise their fun. Well it doesn't work with the TV in the combo. I finally just had them save enough money to buy a TV that hangs on the wall and works with the video game. What a waste.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    ccllmmss wrote: »
    The TV, stereo, bookcase combos are so disappointing. I had 2 sims in a tiny house and their fun meters were low all the time. I finally realized it's because the entertainment value of the combos is 2. So I bought a video game box for them to play as watching TV did nothing to raise their fun. Well it doesn't work with the TV in the combo. I finally just had them save enough money to buy a TV that hangs on the wall and works with the video game. What a waste.

Waste indeed. This is disappointing news because I thought that as rather one of the better perks of the pack. Another example of their extensive cross pack compatibility testing. :/

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Maybe better to read the whole message. And you are of course allowed to create your own rules for your own thread.

So I'm going to clarify again here for anyone who did not see my post earlier in the thread.

The Forum rules are the only rules that are necessary to be followed on this forum. If a post is off topic, rude or inflammatory towards others then simply report the post and ignore it, the Moderation team will investigate and action as necessary. I wanted to clarify that you may not make your own rules for a thread as there is no need, the forum rules already work in this manner.

You're welcome to set the topic and tone of your thread and should people go off topic that's when we mods get involved. However people are allowed to discuss the topic at hand as they want as long as they follow the forum rules.

I'm going to place my earlier post in a spoiler below, and leave it at that so as to not derail the thread further. If you want further clarification or if anyone has any questions you are more than welcome to DM myself or the rest of the mod team, I can't guarantee that we will respond immediately but we will respond as soon as possible.
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Okay everyone I want to clarify a couple of things in this thread before it continues.

Firstly I want to remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines

That being done I want to remind everyone also that derailing threads, going off topic, flaming, baiting and generally attacking other users is not allowed. That goes for everyone regardless of their opinion on the game and regardless of the thread that it's being posted in.

If anything like this happens, report the post, ignore it and carry on your discussion as normal and leave it to the moderation team to review and action it if necessary. By engaging with posts like that it only serves to derail the thread and ignite arguments. At the end of the day we mods are here to deal with rule breaking so leave it to us.

Also please leave out posts highlighting if other users have done the above in other threads. That's off topic realistically and not something to be discussed in the thread. If something like that has happened to you and you believe it hasn't been actioned or needs to be looked at then report it or get in touch with one of us mods.

Lastly, you're more than welcome to create threads like this especially when you keep them appropriate and constructive, they are not however to be used as vehicles to attack other users or have inappropriate large arguments. That goes for the people who are here to complain and for the people who think there's nothing to complain about.

I've said it a few times across this forum, but other than the rules the most important thing when it comes to interacting on this forum is that you all respect each other. At the end of the day we're all here one way or another because we love The Sims, for some people that means providing the negative feedback that they have and for others providing the positive feedback that they have. There should never be a reason to attack, insult or belittle anyone because of the opinion they have on the game.

All this being said, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on this thread, carry on your discussion but keep it on topic and keep it respectful.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2020
    I can't really complain about the pack, honestly I think it's easily the best stuff pack in the game and I love every single item and every part of the pack, however there's one Maxis premade home that I just have to criticise. And that is this home! It looks great from the front but when you get into it thats when some questionable choices have been made the problems begin.....
    01-29-20-12-24-56-PM.png
    Firstly, the back. The back door opens up pretty much directly onto the pool and there's no pool ladder?! Why??
    01-29-20-12-26-12-PM.png

Then you get into the living area, theres two couches facing a console table, now common sense would say a tv should go on this table but instead... theres a few books, whilst the tv is just dumped in the corner of the room, far away from any seating area :s

01-29-20-12-25-46-PM.png

Also note that this is supposed to be a tiny house, why is half of the room empty and wasted space?? And there's also an area of two blocks in the corner which is boxed off and completely useless and adds two more tiles to the floorspace.

Then you get upstairs, honestly the upstairs is nice, however there's a roof at the front which has a floor under it. This floor takes up 12 tiles and is also dead space...why... in a tiny home that focuses on minimising the number of floor tiles why are so many tiles wasted

01-29-20-12-27-04-PM.png

Also note there's two dining tables and no usable counter space... oh no

Ok honestly it isn't that bad, I'm being dramatic but the couches in the living room facing a few books rather than the tv is just a big oopsie
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    edited February 2020
    AloeVista wrote: »
    Okay first, I wanted to ask this and wasn't sure where else to put this but:
    Is anyone else upset by the low energy the Murphy bed has? Its set as low as it can be - 1. Thus I haven't even bothered using them because that right there immediately discouraged me. People have said that you can upgrade them, but does that improve the energy replenishment at all? Also, the TVs give a low amount of fun at 2, which is pretty upsetting for me as well. I mean realistically speaking who has ever heard of ANY TV providing such low fun?

Moving on. Overall I'm already disenchanted that I bought this SP. Initially when they had revealed the concept I was intrigued, as normally I like to play in massive houses that I build and the notion of attempting to play sims in small ones interested me for the challenge that it would provide alone; however, I feel like ultimately this SP misses the mark severely when it comes to players like me. I like to play with fairly large families, and there's no chance to do it with this SP. I mean, you can try and squeeze a family of 5 into a Tier 3 Tiny home, but it'll be a colossal challenge and even if you pull it off it won't be as fun or immersive due to the great amount of sacrifices you'd have to make to accomplish it.

I was kind of hoping we'd be able to make 'tiny homes' that were...well, bigger than what the tiny home requirements limit you too. I'll admit that I absolutely LOATHE the tile criteria that it strong-arms you to, as it really does severely limit the amount of building options you can work with - such as adding multiple floors. I would have liked to make a tiny home with several floors... AND a cute wrap-around porch/deck, but nope, why? Because you guys decided to count porches and decks - whole rooms essentially, because this game's build mode is heavily centered on room formations - count toward your tile limit too. I just wish they added more options for players like me who'd like to go beyond those limits and still be able to enjoy the content with bigger households. I don't like that most of the 'tiny home benefits' are greatly stripped from the two higher tiers versus the slew of benefits you get with the micro home.

Ugh, it just drained a lot of the fun of building for me out of it. I don't think I'll get much use out of this waste of $10 to be honest. I think what I'll probably do is build one tiny home, have a tiny family play in it for a bit (and by tiny I just mean a couple and maybe one child) and when they're ready to expand their family I'll just move out to one of my regular bigger homes. I'll agree with some of the feedback from other posters in here though; I feel like a lot of the things in this SP should have just been Discover University content. I mean come on, space-saving concept? Hello? That just SCREAMS college! I was into all of that stuff when I was getting my degree and had no choice but to live on or near campus.

Once again EA, this SP - nice concept, poor execution. That's just my opinion though, if others are enjoying it then good for them.

You can build any type of home you want, you don't have to go by the lot type if you don't want to. Build to your own specifications.

If you feel like a pack called Tiny Living doesn't suit you as a player who prefers large homes and families, it's not that it misses the mark, it's that it was never aimed at you to begin with.

I have my own issues with the pack content but take it for what it is.

This is a complaint thread for a reason, I was just doing just that - complaining. So I don't need you telling me 'that it was never aimed at you to begin with' especially when it looks like you obviously didn't read what I said carefully.

I had said that the concept intrigued me which is why I bought it in the first place, and then I proceeded to state my various complaints and criticisms of the pack in as much of a concise manner as I could, within the confines of that concept. And I also gave reasonable suggestions that could have improved that concept and even made it appeal more to players like me that like to play families; its not like I was asking to play a big family of six in a tiny home, but making it easier to play a family of three even, which is what I attempted to explain in my complaint.

And I did 'take it for what it is,' thank you very much, as I had expressed in one of my last paragraphs when I said I was going to build and use tiny homes but only briefly in my saves as sort of a starting point - another part of my post that you seemed to utterly disregard.

What we need is more people giving EA feedback on what the players would like and what can improve the game, not players like you putting down other player's suggestions/complaints and making gratuitous statements to them such as "its just not aimed for you, get over it and take it as it is.' And in a complaint thread of all places.

And in the future please make sure you properly read someone's post before responding to them.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    One problem is that the Murphy bed is too dangerous. To use it safely you need someone with a handiness of 9 to fully upgrade it BEFORE you buy it. Otherwise you are going to have a lot of dead Sims.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited February 2020
    Okay first, I wanted to ask this and wasn't sure where else to put this but:
    Is anyone else upset by the low energy the Murphy bed has? Its set as low as it can be - 1. Thus I haven't even bothered using them because that right there immediately discouraged me. People have said that you can upgrade them, but does that improve the energy replenishment at all? Also, the TVs give a low amount of fun at 2, which is pretty upsetting for me as well. I mean realistically speaking who has ever heard of ANY TV providing such low fun?

Moving on. Overall I'm already disenchanted that I bought this SP. Initially when they had revealed the concept I was intrigued, as normally I like to play in massive houses that I build and the notion of attempting to play sims in small ones interested me for the challenge that it would provide alone; however, I feel like ultimately this SP misses the mark severely when it comes to players like me. I like to play with fairly large families, and there's no chance to do it with this SP. I mean, you can try and squeeze a family of 5 into a Tier 3 Tiny home, but it'll be a colossal challenge and even if you pull it off it won't be as fun or immersive due to the great amount of sacrifices you'd have to make to accomplish it.

I was kind of hoping we'd be able to make 'tiny homes' that were...well, bigger than what the tiny home requirements limit you too. I'll admit that I absolutely LOATHE the tile criteria that it strong-arms you to, as it really does severely limit the amount of building options you can work with - such as adding multiple floors. I would have liked to make a tiny home with several floors... AND a cute wrap-around porch/deck, but nope, why? Because you guys decided to count porches and decks - whole rooms essentially, because this game's build mode is heavily centered on room formations - count toward your tile limit too. I just wish they added more options for players like me who'd like to go beyond those limits and still be able to enjoy the content with bigger households. I don't like that most of the 'tiny home benefits' are greatly stripped from the two higher tiers versus the slew of benefits you get with the micro home.

Ugh, it just drained a lot of the fun of building for me out of it. I don't think I'll get much use out of this waste of $10 to be honest. I think what I'll probably do is build one tiny home, have a tiny family play in it for a bit (and by tiny I just mean a couple and maybe one child) and when they're ready to expand their family I'll just move out to one of my regular bigger homes. I'll agree with some of the feedback from other posters in here though; I feel like a lot of the things in this SP should have just been Discover University content. I mean come on, space-saving concept? Hello? That just SCREAMS college! I was into all of that stuff when I was getting my degree and had no choice but to live on or near campus.

Once again EA, this SP - nice concept, poor execution. That's just my opinion though, if others are enjoying it then good for them.

You can build any type of home you want, you don't have to go by the lot type if you don't want to. Build to your own specifications.

If you feel like a pack called Tiny Living doesn't suit you as a player who prefers large homes and families, it's not that it misses the mark, it's that it was never aimed at you to begin with.

I have my own issues with the pack content but take it for what it is.

This is a complaint thread for a reason, I was just doing just that - complaining. So I don't need you telling me 'that it was never aimed at you to begin with' especially when it looks like you obviously didn't read what I said carefully.

I had said that the concept intrigued me which is why I bought it in the first place, and then I proceeded to state my various complaints and criticisms of the pack in as much of a concise manner as I could, within the confines of that concept. And I also gave reasonable suggestions that could have improved that concept and even made it appeal more to players like me that like to play families; its not like I was asking to play a big family of six in a tiny home, but making it easier to play a family of three even, which is what I attempted to explain in my complaint.

And I did 'take it for what it is,' thank you very much, as I had expressed in one of my last paragraphs when I said I was going to build and use tiny homes but only briefly in my saves as sort of a starting point - another part of my post that you seemed to utterly disregard.

What we need is more people giving EA feedback on what the players would like and what can improve the game, not players like you putting down other player's suggestions/complaints and making gratuitous statements to them such as "its just not aimed for you, get over it and take it as it is.' And in a complaint thread of all places.

And in the future please make sure you properly read someone's post before responding to them.

I read your post properly and completely about six times before I responded to it. If you feel like your points were misunderstood perhaps you should write them with more care. In the future, please refrain from telling other posters what to do or not to do, or assuming you know what kind of player they are, unless you're their parent or teacher.

One more thing - "its just not aimed for you, get over it and take it as it is" is not what I said, but I'm sure since you're so cognizant of how people should read, and therefore no doubt read my response completely, putting that in quotes was an honest mistake on your part.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2020
    Put several loners in a teeny tiny house. :p
    In real life, someone wouldn't survive.
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    One problem is that the Murphy bed is too dangerous. To use it safely you need someone with a handiness of 9 to fully upgrade it BEFORE you buy it. Otherwise you are going to have a lot of dead Sims.
    Killed my sim the very first time I used it. I think I actually shouted at my computer screen.
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    There should never be a reason to attack, insult or belittle anyone because of the opinion they have on the game.
    giphy.gif
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    PetiteCossettePetiteCossette Posts: 10 New Member
    Do anyone esle have problem with their thermostats in tiny homes? I place a thermostats and my sims keep their winter clothes on. And the moodlets of cold to freezing,
    One of them almost die. I have to change the lot from tiny house to residential.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I wish someone had thought about space concerns with the Murphy beds in small rooms. If you have a 4x4 room and one of the tv/radio/bookshelf combos in the same room, you're going to either have it in a corner where it looks weird or your sims will be unable to woo hoo.

Sims can't do exercises with the TV even if the Murphy bed is up. I use the one that comes with the sofa and it seems odd that they can't exercise in that 2x4 space. The same can be said with yoga mats. There's plenty of room to do both there when the bed isn't down.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    JannaBJannaB Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm sure its been addressed many times in this post and others but I am really hoping the Sims4 people listen and fix some of our issues. I have 2 issues with this pack that seem so simple to fix... first is the bunk bed, or lack there of. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Second issue is the lack of ladders. They could have ladders taking up 1 square and some kind of tiny home stairs that are 2 blocks long rather than the normal 3. Again, seems soooooo simple to fix and something that should have been included in the first place. In the intro video they even have a tiny A-frame home which should have a ladder to a loft! Not a giant staircase. I really hope someday they fix this..