Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifting expansions or game packs from within Origin

My grandkids have base game on playstation 4
It was free this week, is that Legacy version?
I want to gift them an expansion or game pack since they are on sale.
How to do I do that, can I gift playstation games even if I have pc games?
Thanks
EA ID burnished_dragon

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The Playstation store is different to the Origin one and you can't gift the Origin ones to someone on a PS4 :(

All the console games have separate ways of buying packs so your best bet is to keep an eye on sales in stores. Just make sure it's the PS4 version of the packs. (the sales are also not the same as on Origin because it's the PS store's decision when to run them.)
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    The Playstation store is different to the Origin one and you can't gift the Origin ones to someone on a PS4 :(

All the console games have separate ways of buying packs so your best bet is to keep an eye on sales in stores. Just make sure it's the PS4 version of the packs. (the sales are also not the same as on Origin because it's the PS store's decision when to run them.)

That sucks :(
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    My grandkids have base game on playstation 4
    It was free this week, is that Legacy version?
    I want to gift them an expansion or game pack since they are on sale.
    How to do I do that, can I gift playstation games even if I have pc games?
    Thanks

Legacy Edition is only for PC and Mac, for 32bit PC's and Mac's running metal (I'm less confident on the mac side, as I'm a PC user exclusively). Legacy has nothing to do with consoles.

You can't gift from your origin account to their PS4 account, but you can purchase PS gift cards and give them those. I believe you should be able to do that online, though I always felt more comfortable going into a store to purchase them. As far as I know, there is no gifting option in the playstation store.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

That plum :(

Yeah, it would be nice if the gifting worked across platforms.
    There is a sale going on right now in the PS store but you might be better off getting the grandkids a gift card (I couldn't find a way to gift a game or DLC) so they can get the packs they want. The current sale isn't all that good though, there will be a better one in the future, I'm sure. Around the start of March EA tends to have a Publisher's Sale which might be better and happens on all platforms if I remember right.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member

That plum :(

Yeah, it would be nice if the gifting worked across platforms.
    There is a sale going on right now in the PS store but you might be better off getting the grandkids a gift card (I couldn't find a way to gift a game or DLC) so they can get the packs they want. The current sale isn't all that good though, there will be a better one in the future, I'm sure. Around the start of March EA tends to have a Publisher's Sale which might be better and happens on all platforms if I remember right.

I talked with son-in-law yep - heading out to grab a gc for playstation and am sending it in the Valentines gift for them. My granddaughter will be excited. She loves play in CAS
    Thanks for all the help
    EA ID burnished_dragon