Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living Builds

2...Next

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I shared my photo on another thread. I also made a sim for that household and moved her in. Currently, I'm playing honeymooning sims in Selvadorada so it'll be a little while before I play her but she is joining the rotation. The honeymooners live in San Myshuno, so they are also in a smaller space. The revamped usage of space will be helpful for them when they get home.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    My tiny was inspired by a tiny house that was featured on Tiny Living. It's meant to represent a house that's on a trailer that can be towed to a new location although it's a lot higher than the real life version.

qmBjxIi.png
    I added a skylight that runs 3/4 the length of the house, slide outs to expand the kitchen and dining areas and two fold down patios.

qNAhaJd.png

The plan of the house.

Downstairs

K6OoGnI.png

Upstairs

N9e01oe.png

The living/kitchen/dining room area

vsocTDT.png
    mb9ceaj.png
    IHBMzfC.png

A door disguised as a bookcase separates public and private parts of the house.

sldw7BM.png

Which leads to

hF1FztS.png

The shower from Discover University means we can make compact fully functional four tile bathrooms.

ljfMIsR.png

At this end of the house we have a studio/office/ laundry room. I goofed a bit here. Notice the sun streaming in through the window? bad idea in a real life art studio. Art studio should be at the other end of the house and the living room down this end but when I was making it I slipped into Southern Hemisphere mode and placed them in the end of the house that would make the most sense if it was in the Southern Hemisphere (which is where I live). *sigh* We really need a Southern Hemisphere world. At least the sun streaming in through a studio window doesn't affect a sim's painting and there is a skylight to bring the sun into the living area.

5KIYRY6.png
    WREpJRN.png

A real tiny house if it has stairs at all would combine them with storage, to represent that I put some storage under the stairs of my house.

fkL2pjK.png

The bedroom.

H2I3fGT.png
    zYrdv0r.png

The garden. The harvestable plants are perfect quality.

jWTHL1S.png
    m6sHsZi.png
    F3CprQl.png
    UlZGNLJ.png

My gallery ID is Truet318 if you want to download it.

I counted the tiles in the house above and it counts to 88, which makes it a small house.

I had a version of it in Britechester which I was going to use for any members of my active family who went to university. After the livestream I decided I would make it a tiny home so I get the learning bonus.

2fY0vdh.png

Slide-outs and fold down patios are one way that real life mobile tiny homes can enlarge the available floor space but unfortunately both of those had to go to get the house down to 64 tiles.

NIQp54w.png

I moved the staircase so I...

S8o6h8K.png

could put a double bed upstairs. When I get Tiny Living I will put the murphy bed/loveseat combo up here (I love that the stack of books from Pets is now a bookcase.) I may put one downstairs as well, I think I can tweak this house to have up to six sims living here.

8cgAy4v.png

Then I decided to go one step further and create a starter micro home version.

RsngFKE.png
    8BS9nGB.png
    wq89TlC.png
    cEBHLdn.png

It's on the gallery at https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D2DA72B33B8C11EA88F35053B6DCE24C, let me know if you want the tiny home on the gallery as well.

tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm so impressed with how you guys build these. Are they well playable? I've been trying to make a tiny home for a family of 3 but I find this sooo hard! This thread is very inspiring :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2020
    Okay I made a tiny living family home :)Tier two* but still large enough for 4 sims (two adults + 2 kids). I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

* No sorry, tier 3: 70 tiles.

nlgVbF9.png
    LvzfxH1.png
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hey everyone! I wanted to share my Micro Home with you... for anyone up for the challenge of living in a claustrophobically small place LOL.

NIKOV'S MICRO HOME

PyV88s3.png
    hXHHbyH.png
    fEQVbt3.png
    w4J6ZRS.png
    jRMW9Qu.png
    5seJeg3.png
    z1fQXHn.png
    RuhIKGS.png
    oWEJuoD.png

nikov’s micro home
    • no cc
    • at 32 tiles it’s the smallest tier, so it gets all them benefits
    • play-tested; everything should work fine!
    • includes: murphy bed, full kitchen, full bathroom, dining table, dresser, desk with laptop, reading options, laundry stuff, tv + console
    • does not include: dog
    • the lighting seen in these screenshots is the game’s natural lighting for this lot on ultra
    • currently only really works for one person, but if you delete the kitchen sink (the bathroom has one too), you’ll probably be able to make the right side of the bed usable as well
    • lot price: §32,634
    • 20x15 lot
    • place with moveobjects on
    • (this is only the second time i built from scratch and the first time since 2017 so yall please bear with me and especially my landscaping.)

gallery id: fierande
    Post edited by Firande on
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    Here's a link to my build: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/60A18B6A3C8511EA81F82E6E0A167AB9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=dnarmoursims&max=50&maxis=false

I have a sim w/the freelance botanists aspiration and they're living in Brightchester, just about to enroll in uni! Fully enjoying all the perks of her microhome!

here's some more pics as well: https://imgur.com/a/k7ShUWf

• lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I went back to my "tiny home" after I got the pack and found out it was over 100 tiles due to the way I made the porch. So I've fixed it and moved it to a bigger lot (20x20 instead of 20x15) so I could add more of the landscaping I wanted. I've uploaded the tier 3 reno (@99 tiles) :)

Credit & thanks to @taron, @rinkydinxx and @juwel64 for the fantastic art!

Name: Small Home Lake Cabin
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE5296913E0011EA8E1DFF08A3B1AAF2
    Pics:
    COLrrbZ.png
    Zq9q1u7.png
    2U0d7vy.png
    Interior pics (some minor changes were made like different rugs that aren't reflected in the kitchen pic)
    FGMTNkb.png
    FICzXcD.png
    0HAj4i2.png
    KSex2t5.png
    I7Z4HAL.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I went over to Sulani to make some changes. I built a micro hut for Eloni Ka'Ana'Ana under the eye of the volcano.

2eO86C3.png

R1DvcCZ.png

nRpEKjQ.png
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I went back to my "tiny home" after I got the pack and found out it was over 100 tiles due to the way I made the porch. So I've fixed it and moved it to a bigger lot (20x20 instead of 20x15) so I could add more of the landscaping I wanted. I've uploaded the tier 3 reno (@99 tiles) :)

Credit & thanks to @taron, @rinkydinxx and @juwel64 for the fantastic art!
    FGMTNkb.png
    FICzXcD.png
    0HAj4i2.png
    KSex2t5.png
    I7Z4HAL.png

Did your sim paint that bear painting or is it CC?
    @DragonAge_300905, the pics in the home are noCC paint by reference pics or photos by @rinkydinxx, @Taoron and @juwel64. The bears were done by @rinkydinxx, you can use them in your builds and it will not show as CC. If you check the gallery under any of the 3 simmer's IDs (Taoron's origin ID is taoron24121. the others have the same forum name as their origin ID) and you can see the vast array of paintings they do and share to use in their builds. They would appreciate a hashtag in your gallery description if you use their art though. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @DragonAge_300905, the pics in the home are noCC paint by reference pics or photos by @rinkydinxx, @Taoron and @juwel64. The bears were done by @rinkydinxx, you can use them in your builds and it will not show as CC. If you check the gallery under any of the 3 simmer's IDs (Taoron's origin ID is taoron24121. the others have the same forum name as their origin ID) and you can see the vast array of paintings they do and share to use in their builds. They would appreciate a hashtag in your gallery description if you use their art though. :)

Thank you. It would be nice if our sims could paint nice animal pictures. I'd love to have my sim paint; big cats lounging in trees, elephant herds, and bears by a river catching fish, just to name a few animal picture ideas.
    @DragonAge_300905, there are some beautiful pictures of jaguars and elephants in the gallery. Just search under rooms, with the hashtag elephant(s), leopard(s) and a whole bunch of pics should show up. Just download the room with the pics you want & use it in your builds. Just remember to hashtag & credit the credit who made the art in your gallery description. ")
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited February 2020
    I really like the building challenge that came with tiny living. I am especially interested in the plant bonus that comes with the smallest homes. What I don't particularly like is the murphy bed. I associate tiny houses with either a very recent ecologically inspired trend or with really old houses.

So I tried to create old tiny cottages for my spellcasters. Because I want them to grow ingredients for spellcasting, I made houses of 32 tiles, micro homes. Both cottages have a functional bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, table for 2 sims and a working cauldron.

This is a one bed tiny house that was build without the use of move objects. Only the rug glitched under the cauldron glitched out once when I added the half walls. You also get a painting easel and bookcase (in the form of books on display) with it.
    DfYeSu4.png
    iaxQhTh.png
    gallery link

This second build can house two sims and just as the first one everything should be functional. The only modern thing in this house is the TV as I actually intend to use it for my current spellcaster.
    72hM0Zw.png
    GwiAF6p.png
    VG4nzcq.png
    gallery link
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'll post pics later. Be aware tho that it is quite bare (no landscaping, barely any decorations) since it's an actual Starter home (price roughly 17900) for a Micro Home for two Sims. The idea is you landscape when you get the cash.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited February 2020
    TS4-Shipping-Container-Home.jpg

This is a screenshot while I was finishing up this build. In The Sims 3 I did a few "shipping container" homes, and for Tier 2 I was able to use all 64 squares for the three stories, the decks and the stairs. First floor is kitchen and bathroom, second floor is the bedroom/living room, and the third floor is for hobbies. My Sim is trying to get famous, and with a cat in the household I just couldn't do 32 squares. I ended up putting a shed roof on the top, and those decals from Get Together really give it a rugged look.

This was meant for a 20x15 lot, but I love living on that 20x20 Mid-Nowhere lot in Windenburg.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee