Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your Sims' Murphy bed break every night or is it just me?

2...Next

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    No - The bed doesn't break every night.
    It used to but my sim upraged it all 4 times and then it stopped.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes - The bed breaks every night. I think it's intentional.
    Murphy beds that have not been upgraded break every night in my game. I know because in an effort to witness the new death, I moved 4 Sims into a small home with 4 Murphy beds. After 5 nights (with full autonomy on), my observations are:
    - Sims will autonomously open the bed but not close it
    - Opening the beds must be like opening a bag of chips, because when a Sim starts they can't stop until every accessible bed is open
    - Lazy Sims are surprisingly neat
    - For some stupid reason all my Sims are still alive even though I have not upgraded the beds!
    - and most importantly for this thread: every bed broke every night

Also wanted to add why I think it's intentional. In my first household with a Murphy Bed (a Sim which I did not want to die) I was able to upgrade the bed after two nights, eliminating the death threat, because he was able to raise his handiness skill in record time due to the bed breaking daily and the positive effects of the new tiny lot. So that's why I think the high frequency was intentional, it's so that you can update the bed pretty much right away.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I've stopped using the bed, whatever this is it's not worth the aggravation and they should patch it immediately
    Used it in a playthrough once and haven't used it again. Didn't try upgrading it though. Just got a different bed.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • under_sun_and_skyunder_sun_and_sky Posts: 96 Member
    Yes - The bed breaks every night.
    The last time I used it it broke three times in ONE NIGHT. This bed costs two forking grand, like we get it you know we want more challenge but not like this, and not for one of the most expensive beds in the game. But I should've known littlemisssam would be on the case with a mod for this, her mods are lifesavers.
    tumblr_pg992c6rBP1r42s8uo1_400.gifv
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited February 2020
    My Sim, Charley, has used the Murphy bed as a bed a few times since I usually have her "disco nap".

1. Pull bed down. It breaks while sleeping so she repairs it as soon as she wakes up and then closes bed.

Note: Bed is given the upgrade Spring Loaded in the hopes of reducing how often it breaks

2. Attempt to pull bed down. It gets stuck and the fight with it happens ... MB 1 and Charley 0.

Note: Bed is now left in the open position to avoid possible death.

3. Sim goes to sleep and nothing happens.
    4. Bed breaks while sleeping.
    5. Sim goes to sleep and nothing happens.
    6. Bed breaks while sleeping.

As you can see, the percentage of something happening is fairly high!
    I'm definitely going to have her increase handiness skill since Reinforced Spring Wiring will make the bed unbreakable.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It breaks EVERY night. Not upgraded it at all, because she's only staying in the house as-is for four or five days, until she's going to UNI.
    She has died once in four days so far.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm on console, so I finally got to try it out in a new game today. It took until the third night for it to break. It probably helped that my Sim did the first upgrade on it at Lvl 3 handiness the first day, and then upgraded it again at Lvl 6. So far no one's died or been injured by it.

I also imagine you'd have a death wish or like short games if you had that thing in your home and didn't work on your handiness skill.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    This bed killed my Sim on the second day, even though I upgraded it. Now she’s a ghost with her urn on the tiny dresser. My 2nd Sim had the bed break so often and I’m now too scared to move the bed up into sofa position. I don’t want another ghost. I like how the bed looks, but if I use it, I imagine my lot will just fill up with tombstones. It’s too dangerous.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Yep, every sim I had in a tiny house had a murphy bed and each one of them broke every night, even with the fix-it gnomes in the house. I have given up on the tiny living play style for now. There is a silver lining to this though, if you have your sim fix it every day, at least they quickly get the skill leveled up.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    Yes - The bed breaks every night. I think it's a bug.
    YES OMG thank you I was kinda wondering if my game had a problem or what...But it's broken every night, especially I don't fold it into the couch during the day. I find it very...bizarre !
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I've stopped using the bed, whatever this is it's not worth the aggravation and they should patch it immediately
    No idea. I only have one tiny house which was replaced after the only sim living there was killed by the Murphy bed the first night. After replacing the lot, the Murphy bed was exchanged by a single bed as the house only had room for one sim, anyway.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited April 2020
    I just bought this pack yesterday. I guess they didn't patch it - or it's intentional....
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Mine doesn't break EVERY night. But I have to keep making new Sims because the previous one died. I haven't upgraded it at all. It's a serial killah!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • _ILikeCheese_o_o_ILikeCheese_o_o Posts: 9 New Member
    Un-upgraded murphy beds break every night in my game. My sims get a rude awakening as the bed slams shut with them in it. Even if I have them repair it and wait for the moodlet to expire, the bed will break again later that night. At least the constant breakdowns and the skill boost from living in a micro home means my sim's Handiness skill will be maxed in no time...