Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2020 (Now Out)

124...Next

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited February 2020
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    They...kind of just retextured the hot tub from Perfect Patio and added a roof to it. And we have 3 bug fixes plus a few new songs.
    c4oIpeI.png

I know I said we shouldn't expect big features, but to be honest, this is still underwhelming.

I agree! That hot tub is so gaudy and over the top, I doubt I will use it much (depending on the swatches). Maybe on a public lot, outdoors. It is certainly not useable indoors. I guess it is nice for people who don't want to bother with Perfect Patio stuff to have a hot tub in the base game.

Honestly, do they not appreciate how much most simmers still love earlier versions of the game? They ought to have done something more to honour previous versions of the Sims games in my opinion. I don't mean that we should just get more stuff either; I would have been happy with more of all the old music in the game (more than the few tunes we have) or with some of the old walls and floors. I hope something like that will still come during the rest of February. A celebration of 20 years of simming is pretty thin if it only references the current game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's a leak on instant gaming! The Sims 5 out in 2021
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Actually it seems that its not true
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    They...kind of just retextured the hot tub from Perfect Patio and added a roof to it. And we have 3 bug fixes plus a few new songs.
    c4oIpeI.png

I know I said we shouldn't expect big features, but to be honest, this is still underwhelming.

I agree! That hot tub is so gaudy and over the top, I doubt I will use it much (depending on the swatches). Maybe on a public lot, outdoors. It is certainly not useable indoors. I guess it is nice for people who don't want to bother with Perfect Patio stuff to have a hot tub in the base game.

Honestly, do they not appreciate how much most simmers still love earlier versions of the game? They ought to have done something more to honour previous versions of the Sims games in my opinion. I don't mean that we should just get more stuff either; I would have been happy with more of all the old music in the game (more than the few tunes we have) or with some of the old walls and floors. I hope something like that will still come during the rest of February. A celebration of 20 years of simming is pretty thin if it only references the current game.

Yeah, here's hoping. My friend did point out that some of the songs in the patch came from TS2. I didn't really notice because I don't pay as much attention. Classic items like the heart bed would've been nice callbacks.

Also, on the bright side, at least this sets a precedent for more hot tubs appearing in free patches and/or DLC. Perfect Patio had hot tubs exclusively for 5 years, so I think it's about time we get some new ones.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited February 2020
    c4oIpeI.png

Yeah, here's hoping. My friend did point out that some of the songs in the patch came from TS2. I didn't really notice because I don't pay as much attention. Classic items like the heart bed would've been nice callbacks.

Also, on the bright side, at least this sets a precedent for more hot tubs appearing in free patches and/or DLC. Perfect Patio had hot tubs exclusively for 5 years, so I think it's about time we get some new ones.

Too bad it is rather ugly! I can't imagine it being versatile. Following from your excellent point, I would have preferred if they had included one of the hot tubs from previous games like the cute couple's love tub from Sims 1, that weird wooden one with the steps from the Sims 2 or the floor level sunken one (also from Sims 2). Nostalgia for the past games would have been nice -- hopefully something nostalgic is still coming.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    This is really the best we can expect from them here I was giving them a little credit since last month patch was so bad that they would actually do something here but nope.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    We might get another patch this month. We got two in February of last year.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I miss the Hot Tubs from Sims 3. They were cool.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I miss the Hot Tubs from Sims 3. They were cool.

Yes the waterfalls made them romantic.
    Honestly the patch note was so small, the next one should be a big patch.

It very well might be if we have a Gamepack coming in March.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited February 2020
    @catloverplayer

February isn't over yet...

Yes I'm beggining to think we might get a Gamepack the last week of this month since Strangerville released Feb 26th and if that's the case we'll get a second patch this month a pre gamepack patch.