Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get something big for The Sims 20th anniversary?

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Other
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    twitter just updated they're giving away 20 codes.

hopefully that's....not it.....

I wouldn't bet on that.

Yeaaaah, might wanna set your expectations on expecting just that...
    OH but notice how the mobile got something new...
    I feel like they try and make all their attention go to that god-awful mobile game...
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I am trying to keep my expectations in check as suggested (and generally I do) but I have to admit it would be hugely remiss of them not to offer something for this large milestone.

The absence of MM feels odd considering how heavily it is often plugged to us and I really hope they don't go down the route of just another t-shirt as this is a perfect chance to excite and 'impress' fans with so many eyes on the game at the minute.

Updating the mobile and console games and not the PC version would feel a bit of an insult to the PC players, many of whom have been there from the early days and make up a huge number of The Sims overall players.

Add in the fact that The Sims is getting lots online and media attention, to have many fans disappointed or underwhelmed would be silly. The team know how much of a success the surprise release of toddlers was so I hope they capitlise on this during the milestone.

These are, of course, just my thoughts, but I just feel the game is setting itself up for disappointed or even angry fans if there isn't something coming on 4th February. I for one will somewhat upset if the game doesn't deliver if I'm totally honest. A sale, a t-shirt and a couple of forum posts on this occassion might not cut it this time when you consider, like many, I already have all the packs and am active on the forum already. Two out of three of those events will feel redundant.

As a huge Sims fan (its the only game I really play) I have my fingers crossed and I hope we are all proven wrong :)
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    I know they said to keep our expectations in check but for a 20th anniversary there really ought to be something big, you don't keep a game running 20 years and not expect to give your loyal players something for keeping the game running to this day.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
    I have very low expectations but I'll probably still be disappointed if it's just a tweet or recolor with a 20 on it. I've played this game for 20 years after all. That's a lot of personal investment/attachment.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes, a nice patch

I hope not. I have a twitter account because a friend said I should get one. But I never use it. I've tweeted maybe 4 times ever. I just don't see the point.
    I wish they would do more stuff here in the official forum, since it's the official forum and all.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Other
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I hope not. I have a twitter account because a friend said I should get one. But I never use it. I've tweeted maybe 4 times ever. I just don't see the point.
    I wish they would do more stuff here in the official forum, since it's the official forum and all.

They keep away from the forum because they don't like us, say we are toxic and are a joke.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

They keep away from the forum because they don't like us, say we are toxic and are a joke.

Also, twitter has a bigger broader audience and...younger people go there. Not that people on the forums are old, I'm not old, but they want to make sure they target those 10-13 year olds.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Whatever it is, console must be getting it as there is a console patch and the community manager said console will now be up to date with the gallery which it previously wasn’t.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
    SimsVip has just announced a patch ...
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    Yep, I seem to be downloading something now :)
    Please be good! o:)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes, something else like an EP or GP announcement
    SimsVip has just announced a patch ...

I'm updating it right now. :o
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Other
    New heart bed and new hot tub.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    New heart bed and new hot tub.

Heart bed? Where do you saw that? Have you already patched your game? I didn't see it in the patch notes...
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    kind of disappointing if not, very disappointed, previous years came much more than opportunity and hyper missed. I even went back to playing hoping for something really interesting, but I am back the same in relation to the game, without any expectations.
  • SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    If I read the text correctly this is only the start of the celebration. I checked ou the simsvip articuleren and it says: "strap in for one heck of a party. To get things started we have a small update going live today..."
    Seems there is more to come.
    Yes, a nice patch
    Oh my, I really hate autocorrect. Articuleren is article and ou is out.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    If I read the text correctly this is only the start of the celebration. I checked ou the simsvip articuleren and it says: "strap in for one heck of a party. To get things started we have a small update going live today..."

Yeah it does say 'to start the celebrations' in the patch notes for pc. They know how crazy we are speculating, so im waiting for more today. BUT... not exactly giveaways... i'ld love that some older iterations got some ❤ today!
    20 years simming, half my life!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes, something else like an EP or GP announcement

I doubt there's any. It seems like they just want the rest of the community to start sharing #PlayWithLifeChallenge.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Yes, a nice patch
    Maybe I'm just an optimist but I don't think they are going to fill the rest of the month celebrating with only #PlayWithLifeChallenge. But I could be wrong.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited February 2020
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    If they were going to include merely a hot tub as an anniversary gift, why not include the sunken hot tub (the one recessed into the floor) from Sims 2, or the 2-person heart-shaped love tub from the Sims 1. These were iconic at the time and would have been nicely nostalgic while also giving us something new and far more useable than this gaudy version with a roof, which is probably only suited to outdoor use. Yes, I know either of these would have required new animations, but this is a 20-year anniversary: a huge milestone. A celebration or celebratory gift should recall or reference the earlier games in some way.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Other
    Though we only got a new hottub I am pretty happy cause it has an awning and lights. It also comes in a lot of colors. The patio hottubs only come in 2 or 3 colors.
    Other

Those gates dont come with the hottub but I haven't ever seen them. What is the name of those gates so I can use them with this hottub.
    Other
    By the way consoles also got the hottub and this is the same hottub mobile just got.