Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    so guys I think we should find out soon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2020

so do you think we will get anything for the 20th
    oh and clearly as the inspiration for the sims pet rocks should be in sims 4
    #petrocks2020 :) I really do want pet rocks @Rouenpucelle

Lol, I would actually like pet rocks too! That would be really fun.

EA's current sale on Sims stuff is supposed to be for their 20th anniversary (even though they forgot most stuff packs again!).

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited January 2020

EA's current sale on Sims stuff is supposed to be for their 20th anniversary (even though they forgot most stuff packs again!).

thats true but there is likely going to be a patch @Rouenpucelle
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

Like... if we got a Sims 4: Into The Past, it would be funny to see the caveman kids playing with little rocks with eyes and long hair like the trolls, and stick arms haha like a mix of pet rocks, trolls and mr potato head
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    No Maxis Monthly this month... I guess It means we're not going receive any gifts for the 20th anniversary. I mean, probably nothing that means anything.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Heh, no. For 15 years they hyped it up, and what we got was a trailer. It was ridiculous. Maybe we'll get more Starwars stuff or something, maybe even another trailer, but I can't see too much more than that.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Maybe another partnering up with organisation that support specific group of people as a way to celebrate 20th anniversary. God.. I hope not this again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I think they should celebrate it with 4 days worth of stuff
    Day 1 freed babies
    Day 2 neighborhood 1 from the sims 1 with all the houses & families
    Day 3 pleasant-view with all houses and families
    Day 4 one updated pack or updated teens
    I know that’s a lot of stuff but one can only dream
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think they should celebrate it with 4 days worth of stuff
    Day 1 freed babies
    Day 2 neighborhood 1 from the sims 1 with all the houses & families
    Day 3 pleasant-view with all houses and families
    Day 4 one updated pack or updated teens
    I know that’s a lot of stuff but one can only dream

That is quite the dream! I'd like all of that stuff too but I'd bet we get none of that. I feel like your day 2 could be a possibility.

I'd like to see them just re-release TS1 and TS2. Remastered. I think a good way to celebrate the 20 years would be to have all the games available for us.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    @Felicity yes... its like... loving your parents for 20 yrs and having them just say "hey, kiddo, happy birthday!". And go away. Without a hug.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited February 2020
    Frost's tweet about keeping expactations on check says it all...

If they were giving us 2 T-shirts they would hype it up. If they say something like that, it means we're litterally getting anything.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I think we got the sale?
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Frost's tweet about keeping expactations on check says it all...

If they were giving us 2 T-shirts they would hype it up. If they say something like that, it means we're litterally getting anything.

I’m okay with nothing if it means we aren’t going to have to deal with a ridiculous new clothing item showing up in the already wacked-out situational outfits, or a new irritating bug or over-tuned object.

I’d love it if what we got, was them removing situational outfits from the game!

In lieu of giving us something free for the 20th anniversary, please take something away! The situational outfits, specifically!

No, really... please take them out. 😑

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I really hope they don't add anymore pointless star wars items. :D
    edited February 2020
    thecatsred wrote: »
    I think we got the sale?

@thecatsred which we still have to pay... Its not a gift. I want a gift. For free. I deserve it for playing this game since 2000... I deserve it for having my neighborhoods corrupted in Sims 2 back in the day... I deserve for buying Sims 3 Pets thinking I would spend my vacations having fun, but facing the fact that the cats, dogs and hroses would look like they had came out of a freakshow... I deserve for playing Sims 4 even when it was a wasteland of a game. I'm here supporting the devs/maxis/EA, even though they don't value my love. I deserve something BIG. SPECIAL. UNIQUE. REMARKABLE. Something I would be talking about in 2030.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    edited February 2020
    My comment was sarcastic lol - a 'gift' of a sale.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2020
    No didn't expect much, which was proven true when the "big anniversary sale" rolled up onto my splash screen which was just showing "Parenthood" on sale while suggesting "toddler stuff" and "my first pet stuff" (I already purchased all of the good packs).
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Something, but not much. It’s shooting ourselves in the foot to expect cars and heart shaped hot tubs but even a T-shirt would be nice.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    At this point ...
    A tweet
    Maybe a shirt or something in the patch
    and (hopefully) a 3 month road map

Yeah, that last is possibly expecting too much.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    If my expectations were high, which they really aren't, this is what I would hope for/expect:

20 new game play elements (implemented into base game)
    20 new build mode items (implemented into base game)
    20 new create a sim items (implemented into base game)

I 100% don't expect this to happen, but I would like for this to happen. Or at least some kind of limited time event, like the sugar skull and Easter egg event.
    Proud simmer
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims 5 release date. >:)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I expect whatever it is to be exactly like the 25% off sale they have going. I saw the ad say 50% off and got my credit card so fast. Realized it was only 25% off and sighed.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I've only been playing Sims 4 for less than a year, do they usually do something on Feb. 4th? I'm not expecting anything. I thought the big Sale on all the expansion and game packs happening now was the 20th-anniversary celebration? Is there an anniversary patch today?

#petrocksforsims2020
    would be better then a shirt I think a lot of people would like it @Colton147147