Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got my husband playing now!

He is addicted.
I knew he would love it. (He micromanages everything.)
He knows things I have never heard of before! Like holding down ALT CTRL to make objects turn smoothly. and ALT to move items not attached to the grid. He told me he can put objects on sims heads to make it their heads! Like a tv. I haven't seen it yet. haha!
It's fun watching him play. He does things I never would have thought to do.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited February 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7_O-2Kixw

The Sims 4 is the best game ever made and everyone will enjoy it. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    That's awesome. I'm glad he's having fun.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited February 2020
    LOL once my boyfriend created himself as a Sim. I then forgot about it for awhile and was sad to have to report that his Sim died of old age. He still mourns to this day.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    That sounds like double fun :) I'm sure there are lots of details in this game that I never discovered because they might be a bit aside of my gaming style. Have fun both of you!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    I remember my hubby finally giving way to my nagging and having a go with the sims (version 3 it was then). He immediately broke the microwave and had his sim try and repair it and got electrocuted. He said 'what's the point of this game anyway?' and has never touched it since :D

My mum once bought the game too (that was sims 2) but her sims kept dying from starvation and neglect so she only lasted with it about a week.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yeah I got mine playing too after watching him play fallout and building settlements for hours upon hours, eventually I was like just play sims, all the building fun, no deathclaws! He loves it, but I'm still having to help out, which I find so difficult because if I do things myself, I don't have to think about it, but directing some one else to do it, I can never remember what to do! All good fun tho, esp since all the babies his sims have had so far have been twins :D He didn't realise at first that when the naming box popped up a second time it meant twins, so typed the same name again and had two baby Harrys! Oh how I laughed... (fixed it when they got to toddler stage)
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited February 2020
    The first Sims game I ever played was TS3 on 3DS and I had so much fun playing, my husband eventually got the game for his 3DS. He played it for quite some time until his sim died in a fire. With TS3 on PC and now TS4, all he's done is build. My sons enjoyed TS2 a few years ago for a short time. For the most part, no one in my household likes this game. I'm ok with that though, it means I don't have to share :D .
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    My hubby has never played this game before, either. But we were on the road when the new stairs hit. I couldn't sort them out, so he sat down and in two seconds or less had it all figured out. Geeze, I really hate it when a smart person shows off! LOL Happily, he doesn't have time to play games of any sort. So my Sims are mine. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    @GalacticGal haha, I suppose that is one good point of having a hubby who doesn't play sims! Me and mine share a computer so if he did like sims I would lose a lot of my own play time. As it stands, all the simming hours are for me :p
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    To be honest, the cool mods and ability to "cheat" to cut down on the, "pee, sleep, eat, clean, pee, sleep, bath, pee, eat, sleep", (which turned me off of the original Sims), I wouldn't have bought the game and got so into it. I really like the building, but I do like playing with the characters too. I build around my sim characters. Watch them and see how I can improve.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png