Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you stopped playing TS4, how long, and why?

And I mean regularly play, not a quick session to check out the game after some time.

Why have you stopped?
Have you purchased any expansion, GP or stuffed packs?
Do you play any other iterations regularly?
Are you interested in a TS5?

I've stopped because the base game isn't fun, and I think the expansions and stuff packs don't fix whats missing for me.
It's been about 2+ years for me.
I own the camping GP.
I regularly play the sims 3 and the sims 2. I wish I could play TS1, but I can't get it to play on my computer.
I'm interested in TS5, but I only hope it will be a good game
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Have you stopped playing TS4, how long, and why? 190 votes

2 years or longer
24%
nickibitswardwindweaverJo_n534ZhakiraPkremesch73GraceyManorEvil_OnebabajayneWillowG145wickichickirishdragon7BeardedgeekBagoas77fruitsbasket101CinebarclassicXcrimeNausdamageincracingJoAnne65vcosley 46 votes
1 year
15%
IngeJonesBluefairy286PlayerSinger2010Nadja55piamc69drake_mccartyJerrellotaydevFelicitykiwi84motdkFinvolaHarukotyanKolikokolitkafullspiralFrancl27lyraRemy_GenevaKrayzieStrykerEliharb 29 votes
6 months
15%
GoldmoldaricmnfrshLeGardePourpreLukeBloosmooAnmirlaJnyxClassicalSimSintheaAPottssherristar13texxx78ChadSims2FlyingPotato659OldeseadoggeNoree_DoreeTamakiSakura84MorinGlory23BusufuJordan061102 30 votes
a few months
22%
CK213Jaline33UnDutchableMorten8035Paigeisin5BluelleKaeChan2089gothprincess4everChanticoaprilr41pinkishRifftraxRulesGracieO312AlbaWaterhouselovemy4smariajane216Winifred_WillowEvaliynKayeStarVines12 42 votes
a few weeks
22%
Kita5399sketchescandy8simgirl1010got2gameDevSims91thecatsredsmurf45blueKhrisstyneThangwenmikawagbixtersSimLarkpammiechickrinaboobooInternal_ChaosSimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtgarapoesJon the Wizard 43 votes

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    2 years or longer
    Why have you stopped?
    I've never really been into Sims 4. I played the game like three times for a month straight and though that always was quite a pleasant experience, it wasn't addictive, the game never pulled me in to completely take over. And since I'm used to a Sims game that does exactly that, I always stopped reopening the game after a while.

(stuffed packs :D )
    I have Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure and Vampires

Sims 3.

I will always be interested in anything that's being developed for this kind of game (life simulation). The recent announcement they will be focusing on multiplayer and competition however is desiccating any form of enthousiasm I could possibly have completely. Much more interested in the alternative Paralives, hoping and praying it will be half as good as they promise it to be.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited February 2020
    6 months
    Why have you stopped?
    Bugs, bugs and bugs plus quality of gameplay. After cats and dogs there were bugs that ruined what little gameplay I did enjoy and at the time it was vanilla game play. I then tried again when seasons came out enjoyed it for sometimes but more bugs creeped up again. Add the quality of gameplay just continuing to go downhill and that was the icing on the cake for me.

The last pack I personally purchased was Get famous but have been gifted with Strangerville, MFPS and just 2 days ago a close friend of kind gifted me Discovery University. *side note I'm trying the game again because of being gifted DU. If I had not been gifted this I would not be opening my game again*

I play both the sims 2 and 3 regularly

Nope. Not even a bit. The rollercoaster ride with the sims 4 has opened my eyes to alot of shady practices from this company and I will not be supporting the sims 5 or whatever it's called.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    6 months
    Why have you stopped?
    I play off and on, through major swings. I'll go months and months without playing then IT IS MY LIFE for like four months. Wash, rinse and repeat. My laptop struggles to run the game without over heating (It's perched on a stand my husband made with a icepack under) and I have to share teh desktop with my husband- a avid pc gamer.

I've got all the things

Sims 3 sometime son the Desktop computer.

I grew up with things like Pokemon- I've been trained in the mentality of "Gotta have 'em all!". But while I love exploring a new version of Sims, it is always hard to adjust to the sheer lack of content when going from a fully expanded series to just a base game again.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited February 2020
    2 years or longer
    Hi, i haven’t posted on the forums nor played TS4 in more than 2 years.

I play TS3/2 regularly.

TS4 is lacking, doesn’t appeal to my play style, breaks immersion, bugs i can not get passed, not enough lots to play generationally/rotationally... etc it’s just not fun.

I can’t wait for paralives!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    1 year
    I took a year off when I was in college.

Why have you stopped?
    Didn't have any time. It was my final year of university.

Nope

Nope (still don't, my computer can't handle TS3 (plus it just looks ugly), and I can't figure out how to re-install TS2 and missed the big free giveaway).

Only if it's single player and there is absolutely no multiplayer minus something like the gallery.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You only have the Base Game and Outdoor Retreat? No wonder you’re not having fun. OR is so boring to me personally.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    1 year
    I haven't played since a few weeks after Get Famous released in 2018. I stopped playing because I was tired of the utter lack of family play and neglect of all life stages that aren't young adult. I didn't buy any packs last year as none of them interested me. I don't play any other iterations because I don't own any. I wish I could get TS3, but I've heard it's hard to get it to work, and I don't want to spend money on a game I won't be able to play. I'd be interested in TS5 if it remembers that other life stages other than just young adults exist.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    6 months
    Serious interest ended at least 2 years ago, casual since then, and more or less stopped except for checking builds or trying experiments about the voted 6 months ago. Any play now is either said testing or to de-fry brain after a tough work day.

Why: Lack of gameplay, shallow sims, the legion of bugs/glitches/sloppy programming, the wasted space and opportunities missed in the worlds themselves, poor vehicle for recorded story telling, just comes across as shallow and empty & not worth my time.

Packs: Up to date on Expansion and game packs (bought only on sale, none of them worth full price), often for the CAS & b/b assets. Very much regret Seasons so have it disabled, more trouble than it's worth. Been ages since a stuff pack, they are increasingly irrelevant to how I play and often are mere cash grabs.

Other iterations: TS2 was and still is my favourite. It was made with care and attention to detail with the simmers coming first. To borrow from old Chevy ads, putting us first kept them first for years. Same with TS2; it may be dated, but never disappoints. I still have all my TS1 disks and an old PC, so may give that a go again. Never got into 3.

TS5: Only if single player off line and done by someone other than those responsible for the TS4 debacle. At 20 years into the franchise, and as a simmer who has been in this since day 1, I expect that by now there should be a game that both is made with the same (or greater) care as TS2 while taking full advantage of the enormous strides in gaming technology that have come since. EA set the bar of a high standard long ago, do they have what it takes to meet it?
  • WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    2 years or longer
    I've uninstalled the sims 4 a little after the toddlers have been released.
    I was gifted with the base game, and I got Get to Work on my own (very cheap even if it was quite new at the time).
    I stopped playng because I hate the emotion system, the game is dull, the sims themselves seem to want to fight my orders, and were extremely slow at doing all the base tasks like showering and eating. Plus all the loading screen were unbearable for me.
    The save system was terrible, and the families I didn't play aged when I wasn't playng them! If it had to be closed world, at least give me complete control over my famylies as in the sims 2!!!!
    I also hated how there is no genetics, since hair color is tied to specific hairstyles (really, who could think this antiquated thing was acceptable?! I can't even find such a system on mobile games anymore, is something that have been abandoned in the 90'!), and kids/toddlers didn't even had unnatural hair color. All my fantasy sims could only have human children.
    And lets not talk about the object babies and the fake teens!!!
    The lack of color wheel upped even more my boredom, so after seeng how the toddlers were, I uninstalled the game, and I doubt I'll ever install it ever again.

I still play regularly the sims 3. It have the freedom I need to play, and I can rule, not the game.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    2 years or longer
    Couldn't get in to it. Just wasn't as much depth or substance as previous games in the franchise. Still check every once in awhile to see if bugs have been fixed and such but even that has been awhile.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    a few months
    I haven't played since November after the University patch because I'm still waiting for some mods to be updated.
    edited February 2020
    2 years or longer
    I haven't played since a few weeks after Get Famous released in 2018. I stopped playing because I was tired of the utter lack of family play and neglect of all life stages that aren't young adult. I didn't buy any packs last year as none of them interested me. I don't play any other iterations because I don't own any. I wish I could get TS3, but I've heard it's hard to get it to work, and I don't want to spend money on a game I won't be able to play. I'd be interested in TS5 if it remembers that other life stages other than just young adults exist.
    Sims 3 needs a good computer and two basic mods to help performance (NRaas Errortrap and Overwatch), that’s all to make it run properly. It would be a pity to go by all the rumours, they’re often based on packing the game with CC. The game doesn’t like that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    6 months
    I stoped playing years ago but about 6 months ago i bought a lot of dlc, all packs besides strangerville. And started playing, feeling great because i had so much to play with. The thing is, as the number of features increased, my acknowledgment of how shallow and similar my sims were also increased. I got to the point that i was bored of dealing with always similar characters. Once and once again. So now im rediscovering sims 3 and im having the fun i can't find in 4 anymore.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    a few weeks
    Why have you stopped?

I usually take breaks from all my games for a few weeks and come back refreshed - I rotate my play through my games as needed. Or I will focus on one short game until it's done and come back to the endless types of games later on.

I own everything besides my first pet stuff because it's a clear cashgrab and full of bologna.

No, I don't have the energy to find mods for sims three that don't make the sims absolutely terrifying to look at. Plus that game ran terribly with all expansions.

I mean, eventually. Don't really care right now though.

--

The only reason I still play as regularly as I do is because of the some 60GB of mods I have - which include MALE HAIR AND CLOTHING, various maxis match furniture and items that expand maxis made collections that were missing things, tattoos, piercings, makeup, skin tones, skin details (like freckles, scars, dimples, wrinkles, different shading, face overlays, etc), a bunch of random accessories like nail polish and 3D eyelashes, and some 'other mods'

6lnazfloota01.png

And then I have a bazillon script mods that fix the game. Make bills harder, make work pay less per hour, make certain jobs even worth it (acting), free up locked items, fix the clock lag, fix so many broken sim interactions, Kids Can Cook!, single-drink tea and coffee, a whole bunch of new traits that make my sims feel more unique, things that add spontaneity or reasonable reactions (why are you crying over a dead stranger for the same time as your dead mom???) and so much more.

I spend 80% of my game time making new sims in CAS, or building and decorating homes. The rest is just messing around in the families I made.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited February 2020
    a few weeks
    Why have you stopped?
    Despite how much I rag on the game, I'm actually preparing for a session of playing it today. The only reason I still play is because the modding community is fantastic and has managed to make the game interesting. If it weren't for them, my story would be similar to everybody else's here.

Have you purchased any expansion, GP, or stuff packs?

Indeed. They got easier to get when I started waiting for sales due to me no longer believing most of the packs were worth their original asking price. I have most of the expansion packs except for University (due to me no longer wishing to support the game) I have most of the game packs except for Dine Out since I heard it was extremely buggy, and I have Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, and Perfect Patio.

Do you play other iterations regularly?

For most of the time I've played The Sims 4, (if memory serves, I have over 3000 hours clocked into TS4) I stopped playing my first Sims game which was the third one for a couple years. I went back to it last year and now I'm playing it more often.

I'm curious to see what the game will contain, but I fully expect it to be worse or at the least, not any better than TS4. If I'm wrong, I will gladly take that L, but I don't think it'll be a good game if (IF) it's true that the game will have multiplayer (especially if it's invasive) and if EA uses the same model they used for TS4, a model that clearly has worked for them. Which is creating half-baked packs too concerned on whether or not they'll offend someone that'll make players hope and wish that the next pack will be better. It won't be, so players will hope for a pack that'll fix what the game lacks. Sound familiar? I don't have any sort of faith in the developers and I expect to jump ship by the time the fifth game rolls around.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

(stuffed packs :D )

I will always be interested in anything that's being developed for this kind of game (life simulation). The recent announcement they will be focusing on multiplayer and competition however is desiccating any form of enthusiasm I could possibly have completely. Much more interested in the alternative Paralives, hoping and praying it will be half as good as they promise it to be.

stuffed packs you can tell Im out of touch with sims 4 lol

Same. Im always interested in the sims as a series and don't want multiplayer. That's what they were gonna do with sims 4 and look how bare bones it was at the beginning

I can’t wait for paralives!

What do you want to see out of paralives that's different from the sims?

Nope (still don't, my computer can't handle TS3 (plus it just looks ugly), and I can't figure out how to re-install TS2 and missed the big free giveaway).

Have you played any console or mobile sims games?

Chazzzy wrote: »
    You only have the Base Game and Outdoor Retreat? No wonder you’re not having fun. OR is so boring to me personally.

Actually I really like OR. I really love camping and I think the sites look very pretty. But it shouldn't take DLC for your game to be fun, it should be fun on its own. When im not camping its back to the same game that I feel is missing a soul, so no matter what DLC I get it'll still be the same game - lack of personality, consequences etc

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2020
    6 months
    I took an break for more than 6 months but not quite an year yet as Sims 4 has became somewhat stale for me maybe because I am getting older or Sims 4 just do not have the oomph as previous versions did as features is what drives me and not just CAS or items. I do not pay full price for what EA/Maxis has to offer anymore as I just can't justify doing so anymore. @ this point I have lost any interest in hoping for an new version for time can only tell what it will consist of and if it is built on the premise of Sims 4, I am ghost and will wait for Paralives as long as it takes and see if that lives up to my standard. In the mean time I have other blockbusters I can play in the interim.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited February 2020
    2 years or longer
    thecatsred wrote: »

No, I don't have the energy to find mods for sims three that don't make the sims absolutely terrifying to look at. Plus that game ran terribly with all expansions.
    I suppose you mean you don’t have the energy to pull some sliders and make an effort :p Art style is a matter of taste and I’m all for different opinions, but how on earth is for instance my avatar sim ‘terrifying to look at’ :D I wouldn’t have a problem marrying terrifying, that’s for sure.

5JZ57S6.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2020
    I had stopped for a few months, and was playing other games, but recently resumed after purchasing University. This has been my general approach throughout Sims 4 - I stop playing for a while when I get bored and get involved in other games (most recently Oxygen Not Included). However I tend to return to Sims 4 whereas other games I may not.

Lately though I'm tired of the lack of consequence, personality and unpredictability, and have started more heavily modding my game.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Actually I really like OR. I really love camping and I think the sites look very pretty. But it shouldn't take DLC for your game to be fun, it should be fun on its own. When im not camping its back to the same game that I feel is missing a soul, so no matter what DLC I get it'll still be the same game - lack of personality, consequences etc

I feel like additional packs should enhance the game. It's true, if you're not having fun with the Base Game, why put more money into the game you're not enjoying? However, you enjoyed the Base Game enough to purchase Outdoor Retreat. So, you don't think another pack could further enhance your game?
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    a few months
    thecatsred wrote: »

I spend 80% of my game time making new sims in CAS, or building and decorating homes. The rest is just messing around in the families I made.

oop me too :-(

tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv